Yulia Volkova Solo Project pt.2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 25-12-2011, 20:19   #241
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaudfrenchy View Post
Listen to Phantom of the Opera.
Offtop:
You should have said that in the first place. I gave the youtube vid: Nightwish "The Phantom Of The Opera" with lyrics about two seconds. I can’t stand actual opera and that sounded close to that. God-awful. If you meant a different Phantom of the Opera please post a youtube link or this could go on forever.

Quote:
The main problem is that you don't even want to admit that you could be wrong.
I’ve seen loads of negative comments about Yulia’s performance since the show. Even people who’s opinion I respect have said she did a bad job. I think they are all wrong. I don’t think they have given the performance a fair viewing. I watch the videos a lot and there is no way I’m going to turn into a liar and say she was poor, when to me she did a great show.

If you went on a forum and everyone said that Tarja Turunen was crap, would you think you were wrong about her? Would you change your view about her, as we’ve seen you change your view about Yulia, to fall in line with knockers?
Old 25-12-2011, 21:09   #242
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Offtop:
You should have said that in the first place. I gave the youtube vid: Nightwish "The Phantom Of The Opera" with lyrics about two seconds. I can’t stand actual opera and that sounded close to that. God-awful. If you meant a different Phantom of the Opera please post a youtube link or this could go on forever.
Seek yourself.
Of course, i meant Nightwish. Well, if you think it's awful, then i can't do nothing for you.

Quote:
I’ve seen loads of negative comments about Yulia’s performance since the show. Even people who’s opinion I respect have said she did a bad job. I think they are all wrong. I don’t think they have given the performance a fair viewing. I watch the videos a lot and there is no way I’m going to turn into a liar and say she was poor, when to me she did a great show.
I don't ask you to turn into a liar. I ask you to get a bit of mind and being enough smart to find the for and the against. And especially, not to look like a mindless fan. I am sure you don't care about what people think of your opinion, but sometimes, what you say is just ludicrous.

Quote:
If you went on a forum and everyone said that Tarja Turunen was crap, would you think you were wrong about her?
Tarja Turunen is a lyric singer that has trained her voice a lot like Nathalie Dessay, Anna Netrebko, Romando Villazon etc...
So she can't be a crap. Of course, there are days when she is not really into it.
This is human. Actually, the only time when Tarja was talked as a crap is when she left nightwish lol. But i admit she did bad performances.

Something you never admitted about Yulia when it was the evidence.

Quote:
Would you change your view about her, as we’ve seen you change your view about Yulia, to fall in line with knockers?
I will still think that Tarja is a great singer. But i can say when she is not doing really great.

For yulia :
THIS performance was bad.
That doesn't mean she is a bad singer. At least, she sings live which is better for me than a complete playback crap.
Old 25-12-2011, 21:41   #243
Chun ruk ter!

I do not know if I find those backing dancers awkwardly cute or cheesy
I just never imagined Running Blind a dancing song.
Oops. She also accidentally sings Rage a key higher than the backing for a little bit... it's almost like 2003 eurovision all over again (although back then I think it was Lena accidentally singing higher)

I don't think her voice is bad though. She has nice power and energy going on at some parts.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 26-12-2011, 02:04   #244
Участник

Quote:
I ask you to get a bit of mind and being enough smart to find the for and the against. And especially, not to look like a mindless fan. I am sure you don't care about what people think of your opinion, but sometimes, what you say is just ludicrous.
I really can’t see why what I say could been viewed as ludicrous.
For me Rage was a bit flat, but I was happy with the rest of the show. That means in my opinion she did a great job. What am I supposed to say?
Old 26-12-2011, 02:21   #245
Участник

I think you two are both talking about different things and using different criteria to judge music. What RowerB is trying to say is that he likes it, therefore it is good (to him). You cannot argue on that because there is no objective. But of course, techniqually (in the eyes of music literature and most music lovers) Yulia IS a crappy singer and even britney spears fans can hear that Yulia is a bad singer.

offtopic: Tarja Turunen's solo work is great too I believe, not the christmas CD but the winter storm album... very spheric and full of emotions
Old 26-12-2011, 08:18   #246
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastblossom View Post
I think you two are both talking about different things and using different criteria to judge music. What RowerB is trying to say is that he likes it, therefore it is good (to him). You cannot argue on that because there is no objective. But of course, techniqually (in the eyes of music literature and most music lovers) Yulia IS a crappy singer and even britney spears fans can hear that Yulia is a bad singer.
Thanks very much. thelastblossom. Finally someone with some sense. Maybe he will shut up now.
Old 26-12-2011, 13:03   #247
Участник

Quote:
Thanks very much. thelastblossom. Finally someone with some sense. Maybe he will shut up now.
Unfortunatelaty i will not shut up.
It's funny how you are trying to make me look like someone with nonsense. (my feelings of course)
I have NO problem to admit that you like what Yulia is doing actually. Absolutely great for you.
Of course, artists need people like you who support them whatever they are doing.
I have a problem when you are trying to change people opinions about Yulia. Sorry, but this is the way i feel regarding how many times you remind us how Yulia is great, magnificent, AWESOME... when someone post a negative critic about her last performance.
Old 28-12-2011, 08:15   #248
My Waking Hour

I think it's really a shame if Yulia has totally busted her voice and can't sing properly anymore let alone scream in the songs - which was a trademark in the Tatu style. But I think it's a little harsh to compare a totally professional show like Lena's - where her voice also seems to be a little augmented technically - to what looked like an impromptu karaoke style performance captured on very poor quality media. ( was that really a "proper" concert? )
The material that Lena is singing is pretty good but it's a deviation from Tatu into a more mainstream pop/rock domain, whereas if there was any hope that some of the old vibe of Tatu would be retained that would have to certainly come from Julia. She was in essence the voice of Tatu - singing in most of the choruses either alone or with Lena - and the screaming was trademark. If there is still an opportunity she should try to fix her voice otherwise her career might be cut short.

Lena on the other hand is very serious about her career and is improving in her live shows, her band looks more tight than before although some of the new songs are ok-ish but nothing that would blow me away. Waiting to listen to the full album whenever it's released to have a more rounded opinion of it. It's more to do with her charisma as a singer that can carry these songs but as I said they don't remind me of Tatu at all.

Now about Julia's looks, she was the hottest little thing on the Prostie Dvizheniya video but I don't think either that she will turn into a parsnip by 2020. It's her voice she has to work on, if she can. Her song is ok.

And these are my two cents on their solo careers for now. I wish we could turn back the clock and Shapovalov would find a way to make a sophomore album that would be equal - if not better - than the first one. If I had a time machine I'd certainly do that. For now lets enjoy what they can give us -mostly from Lena.
As for the theme of Julia's vid, yes, a little deja vu but somebody has to remind us of the old times. ( wasn't kissing a black guy though in the old videos, was she? )
Old 28-12-2011, 10:14   #249
Участник

Good to hear your views, spyretto
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
( was that really a "proper" concert? )
I think this was the sort of performance the fans were expecting. It was similar to the November show in Sao Paulo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdKD5..._order&list=UL
I like that style.

The show in Rio de Janeiro was a bit more remote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7MaG7IkqE
Old 28-12-2011, 10:23   #250
My Waking Hour

Thanks for the update.
These are all bootlegs shot from the crowd's perspective, when they record properly then we can perhaps make a comparison but not right now. The last one sounded better, I think the song is also better.
Old 28-12-2011, 11:06   #251
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastblossom View Post

offtopic: Tarja Turunen's solo work is great too I believe, not the christmas CD but the winter storm album... very spheric and full of emotions
I totally agree, musical tastes are the most diverse and subjective you can find between people because they connect directly to the human psyche.
To make things even clearer in the above example I would add that I don't like Tarja Turunen and I don't like Nightwish at all. I know she's no longer with them but it's still the same to me. Metal is metal, and opera is opera, you cannot mix operatic/symphonic style with it unless you do it creatively, not routinely.
It was an experiment done in the early 90's, who would have thought it'd create a whole embarrassing genre based on it. On the other hand what sells is good, so If people are buying it then I suppose it is good, just not for me.
But if Turunen was so good why did she have to join Nightwish and not pursue a proper career in her respective genre? Perhaps because she'd earn more money?

Back to the Lena/Julia discussion. Lets listen to something of proper quality from Julia first and there might be no need to compare them after all, just enjoy the music.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:56   #252
Участник

Quote:
Metal is metal, and opera is opera, you cannot mix operatic/symphonic style with it unless you do it creatively, not routinely.
Which Nightwish did in a very good way.

Quote:
But if Turunen was so good why did she have to join Nightwish and not pursue a proper career in her respective genre? Perhaps because she'd earn more money?
In this style of music, it's not only about money. They were searching for a singer, then they met Tarja and they got a big success.

Quote:
Back to the Lena/Julia discussion. Lets listen to something of proper quality from Julia first and there might be no need to compare them after all, just enjoy the music.
There shouldn't be any comparisons between Yulia and Lena whatever they are doing.
I can't enjoy music that is not properly done. Which was the case for me with Yulia's performance.
But yeah, i suppose she will improve for sure.
Old 28-12-2011, 13:07   #253
Участник

Quote:
There shouldn't be any comparisons between Yulia and Lena whatever they are doing.
Well said, Arnaudfrenchy.
Old 28-12-2011, 15:41   #254
My Waking Hour

Quote:
I can't enjoy music that is not properly done. Which was the case for me with Yulia's performance.
But yeah, i suppose she will improve for sure.

She will improve but I doubt the songs will.

Quote:
Which Nightwish did in a very good way.

perhaps - but in a very formulaic way too..or not?
Old 28-12-2011, 17:26   #255
Участник

What do you mean ?
They simply did it their own way.
Old 28-12-2011, 23:32   #256
My Waking Hour

To be honest, I'm not quite sure, it's all in the well-trained ear of the listener. If you like it then it's good for you. I was just making a point that in music there's a vast array of opinions because it can touch you on so many different levels.
Old 28-12-2011, 23:44   #257
reconciled

Yulia will have a second casting for musicians on January 3rd.

Because the name Sakaguti Saori popped up as a contact for detailed info, it was pretty easy to find the agency that's working for Yulia now: Vein Techonologies; apparently they do marketing strategies, pr support, social media promotion, networking and socializing, event marketing and viral marketing.

http://veintech.co.uk/
Old 29-12-2011, 10:01   #258
Участник

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not quite sure, it's all in the well-trained ear of the listener. If you like it then it's good for you. I was just making a point that in music there's a vast array of opinions because it can touch you on so many different levels.
Yes, of course. ;-)
Old 31-12-2011, 15:37   #259
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
ABOY is quite popular in russian music channels I saw it 3 times in one day when we were watching em on the christmas eve. Good for her. I guess
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:15   #260
Участник

is anyone else having problems with her website? it won't load for me.
ReplyPost New Thread