Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Coffee

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-10-2008, 21:34   #21
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jon- View Post
Cappuccino was ok. It was somewhere in between the Mocha and Latte.
Then you didn't order a cappuccino.
Old 30-10-2008, 21:40   #22
Участник

Love the smell, hate the taste. Same with cigarettes.
~~~~~~~~~~~
life's not one big high
Old 30-10-2008, 22:31   #23
Bitchka

long shot of espresso - if its my 3rd or more of the day with a little milk .... americans do not know how to make good espresso drinks, unless you are in some cosmopolitan area on either coast ... my experience everywhere else is that they do NOT know what a cappuccino is - yes, that is not some nasty burnt beans (god knows from where), bitter as shit shot with shit load of milk and shit load of foam .... YES, even the smallest cup you have is not small enough! the concept of SMALL and LITTLE does not fly in american cafes ... so my advice if buying in usa, is getting an americano ... i mean, better that than a BAD espresso or capp. might as well water it down to the fullest ... thats why i got my own espresso maker
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 31-10-2008, 06:11   #24
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
americans do not know how to make good espresso drinks, unless you are in some cosmopolitan area on either coast ... my experience everywhere else is that they do NOT know what a cappuccino is - yes, that is not some nasty burnt beans (god knows from where), bitter as shit shot with shit load of milk and shit load of foam .... YES, even the smallest cup you have is not small enough! the concept of SMALL and LITTLE does not fly in american cafes ... so my advice if buying in usa, is getting an americano ... i mean, better that than a BAD espresso or capp. might as well water it down to the fullest ... thats why i got my own espresso maker
I disagree with that, the "American" pronoun is a little vague demeaning. Plenty of quality cafes can make an appropriate drink if the barista knows what's going on. And you really don't need a "small" cup to brew a cappuccino. A six ounce will do the trick. However, many commercial cafe's such as Starbucks (sadly) - do "burn" the espresso - and unless you order an actual cappuccino you will receive a larger portion in a commercial cafe.
Old 31-10-2008, 07:57   #25
Bitchka

dude, ive travelled ... LOTS more than you... and i drink a lot of coffee... believe me, it is fucking HARD to find a good cappuccino in usa... unless like i said, you are in NYC or few other metros on the east and west coast- and even then there is PLENTY of shit cappuccino, you gotta know where to go

p.s. lost of american cafes dont even have less than 12 oz cups, in fact, they dont even have cups that arent paper (thank god styrofoam is outlawed in many places, sadly NE isnt one of them, as i am currently visiting here and plastic bags and styrofoam are all over, used like it's no big deal, but the big gas sucking cars drive by and order... giant sized lattes that have 5000 calories )
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 31-10-2008, 21:48   #26
Can You See Them Now?

I don't think that "GOOD" cappuccino is specifically narrowed to only the West and East coast of the USA. And traveling has nothing to do with it either other than you've experienced various takes on coffees. The point is, a good espresso drink can be made anywhere if your barista knows what he or she is doing, just like you said - "you gotta know where to go."

Quote:
p.s. lost of american cafes dont even have less than 12 oz cups, in fact, they dont even have cups that arent paper
I don't know of any cafe that I've been to that has never had a porcelain cup. And even commercial cafes like Starbucks carry cups that are less than 12 oz. in size. It's called a short. So either you aren't asking, or the cafes that you are visiting can't be as genuine as you claim they are; because porcelain, and things shorter than 8 oz. should be found in any cafe worth being called such.
Old 31-10-2008, 22:11   #27
Martian Eyes

Don't know what's the point of your argument, Chris and Tim, but... as a matter of fact, whenever an Anglo-Saxon tries his luck on making coffee he just desecrates the bean.
Old 31-10-2008, 22:14   #28
fancy topping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
whenever an Anglo-Saxon tries his luck on making coffee he just desecrates the bean
lmao! I'm so on Argos team on this one

btw, coffee is bad for people lol I used to drink it a lot when I was a psycho who needed to pee every 5 minutes
so I quit and now I drink tea, I still pee and my life is wonderful
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
Old 31-10-2008, 22:26   #29
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by the unforgiven View Post
I drink tea
That's good! Tea > Coffee.
Old 31-10-2008, 23:03   #30
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by taty994945 View Post
That's good! Tea > Coffee.
Heeeell yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 01-11-2008, 01:51   #31
Bitchka

Quote:
Don't know what's the point of your argument, Chris and Tim, but... as a matter of fact, whenever an Anglo-Saxon tries his luck on making coffee he just desecrates the bean.
ask mr barista man with the cappuccino specialty what the point it

and if we understand the term Anglo-Saxon as being used to describe english speaking nations in regards to coffee... then YES, that's exactly what i am saying...

and lastly ... for the barista 'master': GOOD espresso AND cappuccino for that matter depends on firstly GOOD BEANS - MOST usa cafes simply do NOT use good espresso beans (im afraid you will only learn that if you go to europe for example); second on the ability of the barista to pull shots - and i am sorry to say, but in the usa, there are MORE than PLENTY that do not know what that means.... usually the high school kid who's making coffee looks like a cow in a porcelain shop when you ask him/her to pull a long or short shot ... thirdly, it depends on what water you are using for example... also, for cappuccino it depends on what milk you are using... well, most cafes here use the NASTY, hormone filled, white liquid called by some milk LOL

oh yeah, the tiny lil cups you're talking about... well, those you get when you order espresso... maybe sometimes macchiato, those arent for cappuccinos.... and frankly 1 part espresso 10 parts milk does NOT = cappuccino... not even latte http://flickr.com/photos/akaitori/2052376918/ .. i mean... if that person is drinking cappuccino, cause it's possible, what's the ratio of espresso to milk do you think?!?!?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:57   #32
Участник

My cousin used to get this coffee, and it was creme brulee flavored. It was so so good!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:10   #33
Bitchka

oh, our barista works @ Barnes & Noble ... which basically means, Starbucks, since thats what they serve, no? ... so the above image is very appropriate... and yes, i do know about the 'special' starbucks cup ... you have to specifically ASK for it... and ask for it more than once usually.... it's not even on the menu and the people that work there do NOT understand WHY on earth would you want such a small drink... with 'SO LITTLE' milk in it.....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:19   #34
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
oh, our barista works @ Barnes & Noble ... which basically means, Starbucks, since thats what they serve, no? ... so the above image is very appropriate... and yes, i do know about the 'special' starbucks cup ... you have to specifically ASK for it... and ask for it more than once usually.... it's not even on the menu and the people that work there do NOT understand WHY on earth would you want such a small drink... with 'SO LITTLE' milk in it.....
We do serve Starbucks coffee yes, but some preparation is different. And I do agree with you, most baristas at a Starbucks or a Caribou or another chain coffee shop really do have no idea why someone would want such a small serving of coffee - not realizing that it is the appropriate way to enjoy the said beverage.

Quote:
and lastly ... for the barista 'master': GOOD espresso AND cappuccino for that matter depends on firstly GOOD BEANS - MOST usa cafes simply do NOT use good espresso beans (im afraid you will only learn that if you go to europe for example);
I don't disagree here.

Quote:
second on the ability of the barista to pull shots - and i am sorry to say, but in the usa, there are MORE than PLENTY that do not know what that means.... usually the high school kid who's making coffee looks like a cow in a porcelain shop when you ask him/her to pull a long or short shot
At work, I can't control anything since the shots are automated and I can't tamp anything. At home however, my espresso machine isn't automatic and I can pull two shots in 40 seconds at home. I really do take my job seriously, even if it is an overly commercialized cafe, the concept behind the art is fun, and customers really do appreciate when you work to add a classic cafe touch to their overly commercial drink.

Quote:
thirdly, it depends on what water you are using for example... also, for cappuccino it depends on what milk you are using... well, most cafes here use the NASTY, hormone filled, white liquid called by some milk LOL
You should visit Great Plains Coffee. They're moving locations from a shop in the mall to a larger place they've built right down the street from Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping I can get a job there.

Quote:
oh yeah, the tiny lil cups you're talking about... well, those you get when you order espresso... maybe sometimes macchiato, those arent for cappuccinos.... and frankly 1 part espresso 10 parts milk does NOT = cappuccino... not even latte http://flickr.com/photos/akaitori/2052376918/ .. i mean... if that person is drinking cappuccino, cause it's possible, what's the ratio of espresso to milk do you think?!?!?
Whatever that girl is drinking isn't anything that it should be, I agree. 2 shots go in both a Grande and a Venti - no drink with a different capacity should ever have the same amount of shots in it. I agree with you.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06   #35
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
You should visit Great Plains Coffee. They're moving locations from a shop in the mall to a larger place they've built right down the street from Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping I can get a job there.
eh, visiting SD once in my life was more than enough... i am not planning a second trip there anytime soon... good luck though

Quote:
Whatever that girl is drinking isn't anything that it should be, I agree. 2 shots go in both a Grande and a Venti - no drink with a different capacity should ever have the same amount of shots in it. I agree with you.
this isnt about the # of shots, its about the amount of milk ... i mean.... its ridiculous! WHO can consume all of this... milk.... you cannot even taste coffee.... it's disgusting... not to mention wildly FATTENING, esp if it's made with reg. milk... even if you spent an hour @ the gym after drinking just that you will not be able to get it off your ass!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:40   #36
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Wonder how sucking something similar to coffee out of a trash can tastes? Any experience?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:52   #37
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Wonder how sucking something similar to coffee out of a trash can tastes?
It all depends on what your preferences are. If you are used to an espresso, anything else would just suck. I had bad and good coffee when traveling mostly because you normally don't know the local menus. The closest brand in USA to a standard European coffee we thought was Americano. It was actually
coolasfcuk, who recommended us to try because we were getting a bit frustrated drinking some water-like cocktails instead of coffee.

Anyway, it depends on the country. I prefer espresso or regular black coffee. Gevalia or Blå Mocca in Sweden and Carte Noir in France.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 02-11-2008 at 00:22.
Old 01-11-2008, 22:55   #38
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
The closest brand in USA to a stranded European coffee we thought was Americano. It was actually
coolasfcuk, who recommended us to try because we were getting a bit frustrated drinking some water-like cocktails instead of coffee.
aw, im glad i could help ... next time we see eachother we will drink espresso in Paris hopefully ...or NYC, the lower east side has some marvelous cafes

Quote:
Wonder how sucking something similar to coffee out of a trash can tastes? Any experience?
yes, tastes like a warm bucket of milk!!! .. with nasty aftertaste, because the milk is heavily hormonized usually
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 02-11-2008, 00:05   #39
Redhaired poet

I hate coffee. Well, that's not true, I just prefer tea. Or coke. Or Red Bull. Or water. Or well, almost anything. But, if I have to drink it (Like, really have to, cuz I have an exam at 8.30 or something), I prefer normal coffee, black. Because then I only need half a cup to wake up.
Old 02-11-2008, 00:11   #40
Martian Eyes

Quote:
yes, tastes like a warm bucket of milk!!! .. with nasty aftertaste, because the milk is heavily hormonized usually
Not so bad, drinking from a bucket of cow-warm freshly milked Austrian alp milk (not hormonized!), if you are adapted a bit that it is really fatty and after you have removed the hairs from the cow and the dairymaid from the milk. Now I try to imagine how it tastes if you shoot a couple of coffee beans through it - ok, you win, I can't imagine!

Now to the crimes German speaking countries commit against coffee, it's called filter coffee, where you let dribble boiling hot water over the coffee powder through a paper filter into the coffee pot. This adds the marvelous taste of the glue of the filter and, if you choose a sulfite-bleeched filter, this taste too, and, because of the slow filtering, it dissolves a lot of other substances which are pure poison for the stomach too. That's the most common way of drinking coffee in our countries. So, if you unfortunately happen to come across a specimen of this subspecies of humans, don't be surprised about their strange face expression - they already had their daily dose of that awful brew.
ReplyPost New Thread