Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Enter the Tatrix [forum game]

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 09:44   #41
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
*walks out of the hospital and gets into her convertible* *cruises around town until she finally spots Hel*

*walks into the club, hoping to be able to spot the Merovingian*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^
Old 01-12-2003, 09:52   #42
Harrumph.

*Sighs.* Forget about it, guys. The game was dead before it started.
Old 01-12-2003, 23:42   #43
a kind of fresh madness

I'm sorry darje. This game was a really cool idea but it did seem a tad over-ambitious. The reason I never got around to posting was cos I was trying so hard to figure out what was going on and where I fitted into the whole thing. It just didn't really come together in my head. Maybe I'm just a dumbass.
It was a sweet idea though and you should be applauded for pulling the whole thing together in the first place. Maybe someday, when the clueless ones - i.e. Captain Mossopp - are outta here, you can give it another shot.

*renounces Captain duties to anyone willing to take 'em on*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:51   #44
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
*sits up abruptly*

sorry!? fell asleep at the controls again.

darje - it's hard to keep this going cause everyone is such a key player and i don't have much time to stay online recently.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 02-12-2003, 08:04   #45
My Waking Hour

yeah, it was very "free", very tough to follow. You could try adjusting the game into a similar game of multiple choices ( say A,B,C, or D ) where each action you choose determines what happens to your character and the storyline. That would be easier to follow more fun and certainly easier to play online.

can also try a default option whereby if one player does not respond within a certain time, that option is taken - which obviously will be unfavorable. Then the player who fails to respond can resume playing from that predicament but if he/she continuously fails to respond, then that will lead to his/her eventual exit. So the story continues either way.

What do you think about these ideas? That would make the game more fluent and fun. As for the content & story line, well, I'm sure you have something planned right? It can only take some minor adjustments...common, don't give up on the game yet!

Last edited by spyretto; 02-12-2003 at 08:15.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:29   #46
t.A.T.u. Music Lover :)

Send a message via AIM to raven ryuu
Aww....game over?? :(

*sniff* I was so looking forward to everyone's posts I was just thinking that maybe everyone didn't have much time to spend online recently...like me...my connection was screwed up for several days...

I think the problem was that not everyone knew the storyline of the 3 matrix movies, enough to play, that is. I think darje did an excellent job explaining everything in the setup posts before the game (the rules and stuff).

If you guys wanna give this another go, I suggest you read at least the transcripts to the 3 movies -- if watching the movies is not an option...at least then, you will know where you can go with things, and you will know what direction darje was pointing you to.

READ "THE MATRIX" TRANSCRIPT HERE:
http://www.matrixunplugged.net/scrip...pt=matrix&pt=1

READ "THE MATRIX RELOADED" TRANSCRIPT HERE:
http://www.matrixunplugged.net/scripts/reloaded.txt

READ "THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS" TRANSCRIPT HERE:
http://www.zionmainframe.net/main/re...transcript.txt

Also...I like your ideas about revamping the rules of the game, spy -- that way...the story still continues, and doesn't necessarily stop dead in its tracks.

Please...I hope you all reconsider...I'd love to keep playing
~~~~~~~~~~~
...:: found ::...

still alive and loving the new album ^_^

Last edited by raven ryuu; 02-12-2003 at 09:40.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:36   #47
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Also...I like your ideas about revamping the rules of the game, spy -- that way...the story still continues, and doesn't necessarily stop dead in its tracks.
I guess so, I don't have time to read the script of all three movies. As long as you guys know the story, we can continue and read the story along the way It will be more practical for the game too.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:42   #48

Okay spy
Whenever you have the time, I have included the links to the transcripts in my post above
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 02-12-2003, 15:11   #49
motylik

I think the game was a great idea and I also think that darje did a great job preparing this.
I didnt expect everyone to play everyday anyway. I know from my friends who constantly play RPGs that sometimes the whole thing stays untouched for weeks.. *shrug*
I would still love to play.

spyretto, your ideas sound good.
raven ryuu, thanks for the links. I hope I get round to reading it someday.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^
Old 02-12-2003, 18:18   #50
Harrumph.

Seriously...

Guys, you think I'm made of steel? I had the strenght to pull only ONE of these. I spent a week thinking up rules and I tried to dedicate as much time possible to making it better as I could. It failed, okay? There's no need to rub it on my nose.

spyretto and everyone btw, the idea of the game was free will and to see how much could you use it within your role. That's why I posted no options, only resources. Not that in another game it would be bad, but what spy says severely damages the gameplay as originally conceived. If someone had bothered to see and UNDERSTAND (this is not aimed at you, Mossopp) the first movie, you'll understand that the whole point of the movie, of the three sequels, is the celebration of freedom, of free will, and that WAS on what the game was based.

WAS.
Old 02-12-2003, 18:23   #51
Участник

Darje.....I don't believe anyone was trying to say you failed or rub your nose in anything.

Raven was clearly enjoying the game, and just wanted to find a reasonable way to continue it, I feel.

Parrish
Old 02-12-2003, 18:30   #52
motylik

ok I'm gonna try and explain what I meant with my post. This does not mean that you misunderstood it. Just want to make sure.

First I posted cause I did enjoy the game and I know how much time you spend doing it. I wanted to show support. I'm sorry if you didn't want that support in the first place.

Second in my opinion judging by the mass of people who wanted to participate and never role played before, you gave up too soon. I'm sorry if I'm misjudging things. I feel in this how I feel with the class forum we have. A lot of people put a lot of work into it and there have been ten posts in four months. But maybe I'm wrong.

Third I was not rubbing anything in. Believe me you would notice if I would do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Lena410; 02-12-2003 at 18:49.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:05   #53

darje, I understood that is what the aim of the game was...it allowed us to take the game any which way we wanted. But, I thought that maybe putting those choices would help guide us, so the story would continue.
I understand if you don't want the game to continue in any other way than its original form/intention.
And I really do appreciate the time and effort you spent into making this game work. Whatever you decide, I will support
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-12-2003, 05:21   #54
Harrumph.

Lena410, parrish122, sorry. I was kind of angry because I did spend a while creating the game, even before I exposed it to you. I didn't think it'd fail so fast, I wasn't prepared.

But. Lena410, it is MY game to give up, don't you think? Half the people who wanted to play didn't even know what the Matrix is all about. Hell, you're even proposing to be guided. The original idea is NOT to be guided. I dunno, you could do something real crazy to get out of a bad situation and I would be only there to tell you consequence, which would create your next situation.

Now, think whatever you want to think. Yes, I give up, because believe it or not, some of us are on dial-up and can't afford to be watching over the game all the time, althought I'd like so. I took that risk when I started the game, thinking it would last two weeks or three. When it lay abandoned for a week, I thought everyone had gotten bored.

Mossopp is freaking right. This game was too ambitious.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:09   #55
Living Out of Dreams

Bro, maybe the game was off time... I mean, it is a great idea but as we talked before people didn't know about the Matrix eventhough it isn't a complex concept to understand in order to play the game.

It is true what people said about RPGs that aren't touched by weeks but those RPGs aren't usually played on forums which are supposed to have lots of people logging in every single day of the week.

Shall we give it a chance? I was enjoying the game pretty much although I only had one participation. So what do you say? Let's keep going? Nobody has ever made it in the first try, you have to keep trying a couple of times more.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:19   #56
Harrumph.

Yeah but...

... I'm tired. *Yawns.* I'll go to bed now. Tomorrow I'll say if the game survives or not.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:01   #57
My Waking Hour

Quote:
But. Lena410, it is MY game to give up, don't you think? Half the people who wanted to play didn't even know what the Matrix is all about. Hell, you're even proposing to be guided. The original idea is NOT to be guided. I dunno, you could do something real crazy to get out of a bad situation and I would be only there to tell you consequence, which would create your next situation.
That's why I made those suggestions. I didn't know that a prerequisite to play was to be some Matrix guru. Why not try to make the game more simple and practical. Not everybody has a deep understanding ( or interest ) in the Matrix. As a good creative writer that you are I'm sure you can adjust the game to make it more approachable and yet not lose it's character, right?

Last edited by spyretto; 04-12-2003 at 09:15.
Old 04-12-2003, 19:43   #58
Harrumph.

spyretto, believe it or not, to play the game you had to have this basic amount of knowledge about the Matrix and Zion.

Why don't you all suggest what would make the game more understandable and I'll see what can I do?
Old 04-12-2003, 20:24   #59
motylik

I thought that maybe you could do example posts or situations for the characters..so we could see how to play..maybe that would help..but that's only my idea..could be awful and too much work *hides*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-12-2003, 22:52   #60
Living Out of Dreams

spyretto, you don't have to be a Matrix Guru, I don't think no one out there is a Matrix guru unless you're either of the Wachowski's sibilings. To play you just have to have basic knowledge, what is basic knowledge? Well that there's an Oracle and an Architect, that the Matrix is about choice and is some sort of big math equation, that people is sleep inside the Matrix and once you're outside you can be part of the ships' crew. Also that there's a human city called Zion that the machines want to destroy. What's so complex about that? you get all that in the first movie except for the Architect character, but everything else is on the first movie.

Also, nobody was forced into this game, you all chose to play and if you suscribed without knowing a thing about the Matrix, well that's not our problem, is it?

Lena410, I pretty much think people has an idea by now. We played a couple of consequences and you must have an idea. It's quite easy, you're free to use and type whatever your mind comes up with, everything but things like flying or too cartoonish

The game's like this:

Architect (that's Darje) sentence an action.
|
|
v
Player writes about the action
|
|
v
Architect says the consequences of that action
|
|
v
Player deals with the situation
|
|
v
Architect announces the consequences and new situation.

And that's it.
ReplyPost New Thread