Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Nintendo and other stuff which we couldn't live without

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-10-2003, 23:31   #21
you'll need love

Quote:
ps. i had a ninja turtle game once............... wonder what ever came of that..............
I've got mine still.. for the mentioned NES.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 14-10-2003, 23:49   #22
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Me, I was also a Sega kid. Sonic rocks man!

Seriously, the Genesis was the first game system I owned that I was able to really play a lot (I did have a NES at my dad's, but we rarely were allowed to play it.) I remember how proud of myself I was when I beat Sonic 2 by myself without any cheat codes. ^_^;; Hey, when you're 7 years old, this stuff's pretty exciting. Anyway, I'm never getting rid of that Genesis. I still have it, with all my games. In fact, I even liked the Dreamcast myself. Sure, it wasn't the best system out there, but I think it was worth it for some of the games. Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi...heck Soul Calibur alone makes it worth having, in my opinion.

But I very much love my N64. My favorite has to be the Zelda series. It's just awesome stuff man! As for Gamecube, yeah, it's not that great either, but I love it just for Zelda: Windwaker and Super Smash Brothers Melee. Oh, and the James Bond games. Fun games, those. ^_^
Old 15-10-2003, 00:28   #23
you'll need love

I won a prize for finishing of Star Wars at the NES as the first one in Denmark. At least the first stupid enough to get a picture of the screenresult and to send it to the Nintendo Magazine.. I won a game of my own choise. And ofcourse Kid Icarus wasn't an option..

Edited to give the post some sense
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 15-10-2003 at 00:37.
Old 15-10-2003, 01:25   #24
iMod

I've never played on game consoles, only on computers. Well, i did have a console when i was very young, with games like Pong! LOL But that's really too old for this thread, and it didn't leave me lasting memories, those games sucked!

I have my dearest memories with Wolfenstein 3D and Doom I, i've spent countless nights at the office playing those games (Yes, i was already working, scary isn't it?).

I've never stopped playing, i enjoyed playing to Return to Castle Wolfestein last year, it brought back memories. I'm highly expecting Doom III in a few months!

Edited because i meant Wolfenstein 3D, like goku (not the first one).
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 15-10-2003 at 02:35.
Old 15-10-2003, 01:31   #25

Yup, I'm old school.. My first system was an Atari 2600.. Pong was great. We used to have parties and just play that. And there are those little papers you put on your TV, to make it look like a hockey rink or tennis court.. Haha good times.

I'm going with haku though. The best one was Wolfenstein 3D. Not the crappy first Wolfenstein (which I did have, and though it wasnt that bad for its time, it wasn't the best), but 3D (a revolutionary new idea!). It was practically the first first-person-shooter game ever, and still remains one of the best.
Old 15-10-2003, 01:35   #26
The Poke Master

Ah, yes...Wolfenstien 3D...Still love that game. And Doom. Those were both great ones. Only problem I have with them now is that for some reason, Doom won't work on my computer, and most of the sound on Wolfenstein 3D isn't working (only a few of the sound effects work. )

Still great ones though. I'm definitely a fan of first-person shooters. Those two were my favorites, but I like the James Bond games too (Goldeneye, of course, is my favorite of those). Oh, and Halo rocks too. ^_^
Old 15-10-2003, 01:50   #27
you'll need love

I get carsick when playing Doom and Wolfenstein.
At the PC I like games like Baldurs Gate II, Diablo II, and Indy and the Fate of Atlantis.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 15-10-2003, 01:53   #28
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
heheheh PSX ROCKED MY WORLD!!!!!

heheheh I was a lovely Nintendo girl, had atari, NES, SNES, and I was in the age of what thing I should buy? there was this asskicking console called PSX, and the Nes 64....one of my boyfriends had a N64 and I played it everytime I went to his house...but guess what...pretty crappy games...too cutish...to cartonish...and I liked something else, so while my next boyfriend got his PSX I enjoyed every bit of it cause he had Resident Evil 2, one of my all time favorite games...so this game was really the kicker...and the console so I bought the PSX....

And you know what? I don;t regret it a bit! because I have this great games, as all the resident evils, silent hill, tekken, metal gear solid, tomb raider, japanesse games, etc... and the great thing? there are more violent than N64, and what can I say? I love them....for me not to offend anyone N64 games are for little kids :P good games, good plots but admit it cartonish look, and while PSX games are polygonal, there are far better...and well look at it you had to buy a lot of things for the Nintendo things, while in PSX you only need a memory stick that worths $8 dlls here in mexico....

so YES PLAY STATION AND SONY RULEEEEEEEZ!!!
Old 15-10-2003, 02:10   #29
Living Out of Dreams

Quote:
Originally posted by karxwp
there are more violent than N64, and what can I say? I love them....for me not to offend anyone N64 games are for little kids :P good games, good plots but admit it cartonish look, and while PSX games are polygonal,
forget about the cartoonish, kiddy look the games are too short!!!! Some NES games were unbelievable long, SNES were so great long, hard and with good graphics... but N64.... I have the console but the games are just too easy. A week or so to finish the longest one.... Banjo Kazooie took my brother and I less than a week to finish it

PlayStation has a lot of great games, hard games and long!!! I mean, only in the Final Fantasy series you need at least 50 game hours (except for the FFX which is quite short). Games as Devil May Cry or the Tomb Raider ones are great games, hard games and replayable... N64 the only games that are worth play once and again are Mario64 and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

I used to love Nintendo por PSX has way better games.
Old 15-10-2003, 02:12   #30
Echoes among the Stars

I played computer games, especially from Sierra and Lucasarts: King's Quest V and VI, Monkey Island I and II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...those were great I don't know what you call that genre, role-playing games of the pick-up-and-use-object variety, but I liked them a lot, and still do, although the newer games aren't nearly as good as the old ones. Monkey IV just came out in the last few years, and my brother and I won it in little over a week - haha, that was the last time we were playing games on the computer; we were so much on a roll that we ordered another old game, Circle of Blood, but that was disappointing, nowhere near as fun or as good as the game it was supposedly modelled after, Indy Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, which is a really great game Good characters, dialogue, puzzles, plus 3 different paths and multiple solutions to some problems - it's probably my favorite, along with the first two in the Monkey Island series. Funny, I showed the first Monkey Island to someone once and he was in shock at the old graphics...hhe heee, well, I guess they're a little dated, but I really don't mind that much; the GAME is still good.

We also had Sega Genesis and N64, but I don't care much about shoot-'em-up games and although I played Street Fighter 2 and games like WaveRace I could take them or leave them

Last edited by russkayatatu; 15-10-2003 at 03:31.
Old 15-10-2003, 03:37   #31
Harrumph.

Bleh to alien_urbano and karxwp. One is no true Nintendo fan until she/he has a Link plushie (which a an ex stole ;_; ), a Mario doll (which is lost somewhere) and a Pikachu plushie which lies down by my bed.

The problem with you guys is, you like Sony's games because they specialize in shoot-em-up games and fight games. I won't say that Tekken is not a modern world marvel, and shuddup, Karla, because *I* told you about the Thrill Kill for PSx game and you were automatically in love with it (you bloodthirsty gal XD). Who'd ever know that such a sweet lil' girl would like a game that was branded illegal by the EA because of the amounts of blood? They wouldn't even mark it MA (mature gamers). *Gives you the fingah.* And I have played Thrill Kill and you didn't!!!

I would have rather bought the expansion pack once instead of having to buy eleven Memory cards if you had too many games: a friend of mine ended up in tears because sometimes he lost his Memory cards, so smallish they were. And the rumble pack wasn't that expensive. The one pack that was a waste was the VRU for Hey You Pikachu, because you couldn't use it in any other game. The expansion pack, on the other hand, gave you extra game speed and enhanced the image in your screen: I don't remember that the Memory cards did that for you.

I on the other side I'm a RPG sucker. When I had my other PC, a Compaq, I had every Zelda game ever released on emulator, excepting Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (Wind Waker, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages hadn't been released by then). I'm a RPG fan to the extent of playing Harvest Moon for SNES right now and having the time of my life with it. XD I'm also a fool for cute japanese designed caracters, which might be why you soon got tired of N64 and I'm still having fun hitting Deku monsters off their wits. XD

I'm also a fan of Sega's Dreamcast. Sonic for Sega Dreamcast is THE SHIT, predecesor to the speed of the PS2 and with games twice as fun.

Riviera, do you agree that Zelda Ocarina of Time is the most amazing game ever released?

Mossopp, bring it on. I'll beat your ass at Smash Brothers when we use my N64. XP

Last edited by Kappa; 15-10-2003 at 03:49.
Old 15-10-2003, 03:48   #32
The Poke Master

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
Riviera, do you agree that Zelda Ocarina of Time is the most amazing game ever released?
Indeed I do. The Zelda series is easily one of the best ever, and Ocarina of Time is certainly the best of those, even though I do think Windwaker gets fairly high up there. You need to get that game, man. I think you'd love it.

Now, I just need to get a new memory card for my Gamecube so I can play Ocarina of Time: Master Quest and actually be able to save. ^_^;;
Old 15-10-2003, 03:54   #33
Harrumph.

Master Quest was also released? I'm so out of it. -_- What does it have? Anything new?

I don't have a GameCube and I'll frankly think twice before buying it. The GameCube has a gaming power and reach in between PSx and PS2, not to mention that it needs memory cards and the N64 does not (and I'm a sucker for N64's control: GameCube's control has so many buttons it's hard to have it in your mind so easily). I repeat, the only enhancement is vectorial drawing. It might look better but I'll stick to my polygons.

But hey, do tell, is Wind Waker cool? For all I know, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons flopped big time.
Old 15-10-2003, 04:05   #34
The Poke Master

Huh...I kind of liked the two Oracle games...Oh well. -_-;;

Anyway, I don't know how it is down in Mexico (you guys must be a bit behind the U.S. in the game department or something), but yeah, they released a disk with the original OoT and the Master Quest. Master Quest is for the most part the same, but the dungeons are *much* harder. I can't really tell you how much different, as I haven't gotten past the first dungeon yet. Did I mention that I can't save? ^_^;;

And yeah, Windwaker's awesome. I spent probably about half the summer playing that game. Me lurves it. ^_^

And personally, I have no problem with the control on the Gamecube...Maybe I'm just good at remembering what buttons do. Or maybe I'm just good at button mashing and figuring it out as I go. ^_^;;;;
Old 15-10-2003, 04:17   #35
Bitchka

me.... eh, I only had one little period in my life when I was a game junkie
Never owned any computerized game...wait, I lied, my cousin, who lived in Paris at the time (and me -kid in BG with no electronics, ha ha) gave me one of those little game things - that you get bored from it in like 4 hours - you could play only one really boring game... some creature was giving eggs on top of the screen and they turned to something by the time they reach the bottom, and I was a dragon or something that ate them, not letting them hit the ground...hhaha, yeah
but there was a time when I was 4-5th grade - so 10 or 10-12 years old - we would run from school and go to this place, or go after/before school, that had the big video games - you put coins and play - my absolute fav was Galaxy 89 we would plaaaaaaaay till we had no more money and sometimes we would be so broke that one would be in charge of the joystick and another would be pushing the button

then when I came to USA people in college would be into video games.... but by this point I have completely lost interest in those activities
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 15-10-2003, 04:40   #36
Участник

I love PC gaming, and in particular the traditional PC adventure games, very very much. eg. Loom (this era of Lucasarts games is marvelous, absolutely hypnotic pixels), Grim Fandango etc. and also the beautiful, deserted puzzle games like Myst/ Riven, or those in between eg. the Neverhood. I could talk about adventure games for ages, but this thread is about consoles.

I have some of the major consoles and keep the older ones in drawers, one drawer each, so that I have what very much resembles a morgue.

My favourites are Nintendo and Sega. (I love the doomed consoles-- N64 and Dreamcast) Sony I am not too fond of, but since they do have some extraordinary games (ICO!!!!) I do have their consoles. Due to annoying random encounters, I have never finished an FF. I am also not too big a fan of survival horror. Xbox is a bit of a bimbo.

The Gamecube is actually really good, but a little disappointing. In fact, all of the consoles have been somewhat disappointing, and the Gameboy player may actually be my current favourite. (lots of good games in the pipeline eg. Mario and Luigi) Wind Waker is probably the 4th ranked Zelda game (at best, imo) though. Pikmin is fun, as is Super Mario Sunshine, I have but haven not played Metroid Prime (I don't know why), and Ikaruga is a true spectacle, a performance, and certainly for the hardcore. None of the Gamecube games I have played seems to have an epic scale.

At the moment I see very few masterful ideas or concepts in the games, the better games simply have little, marginally clever gameplay twists, or high production values, but I think there is definitely "world enough and time" for a renaissance.

I think the best controller ever is either Sega Genesis/ Megadrive or N64. (proabably N64)

To add some topic to off-topic,
Has anyone played Vib ribbon to Tatu songs? It's great fun! and, if I'm not wrong, some of the slower songs are unexpectedly diffiicult.
If Tatu were to appear in a game, what do you think the genre would/ should be?

Last edited by vesica; 15-10-2003 at 04:47.
Old 15-10-2003, 05:04   #37
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
super mario bros. was the beginning of an era~
i love NES and superNES...super mario world with yoshi and co. is a classic! aww when he eats the lil berriess..aww wittle babeyy...goo...gahh..

but, i've played game cube, ps2 and xBox. i like xBox the most cause there are games like Halo [absolutely addictive, not to mention nauseating] and metroid...but metroid started with the original NES metroid. my how it evolved...

PC games ... eh, not a big fan. although i've played my fair share out of sheer boredom.

the one thing i can't do with out is ... well nothing. everything i surround myself with is materialistic, but since i own them they don't own me. i guess if everything i love got destroyed i.e. tatu stuff, my guitar, alanis stuff, my teddy bear, and all my writing, i'd be alil upset. but mostly at the writing and memorbilia, as it took much to collect and even more to compile into coherency on paper. other than that...nothing i can't do without.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 15-10-2003, 05:05   #38
My Waking Hour

Quote:
If Tatu were to appear in a game, what do you think the genre would/ should be?
If you asked me, I'd say and adventure like this but from "the same sex" perspective, and with many action subgames.

Something like FFVII Tatu style

http://www.konamityo.com/tokimeki/en/index.html
Old 15-10-2003, 05:07   #39
@_@

Send a message via AIM to 0newinged Send a message via Yahoo to 0newinged
ooo there are other Dreamcast fans here the most underrated console ever.. short lived (commercially, that is), but FUN while it lasted Phantasy Star Online, Dead Or Alive 2, Shenmue, Seaman, Skies of Arcadia were gems. the DC revolutionized online (console) gaming. It's a shame bad marketing by SEGA once again proved the downfall of their console

But, where they left off, the fans picked up. Dreamcast has one of the largest "homebrew" development scenes.. and thanks to that it's now possible to play SNES, NES, Genesis, and even PSX games (and TONS more) on your dreamcast!

As for those FF games, FFVII introduced me to the world of RPGs (hence the name onewinged) and is truely one of the best games I've played

well enough geekyness from me
Old 15-10-2003, 05:10   #40
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
anyone remember sega?

i was addicted to sonic the hedgehog and co. not to mention donkey kong.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
ReplyPost New Thread