Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Did you know that?, Savais-tu que?, Sabías qué?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-05-2006, 20:31   #21
Nothing Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Offtop:
They eat their noses?
LOL!!!

I love this thread. Random is fun!!!

Did you know that the best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is around 810 cm or 27 feet (I think)...
Old 29-05-2006, 21:49   #22
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Did you know that the best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is around 810 cm or 27 feet (I think)...
Offtop:
Yeah, but think of the fun they had drinking all that beer beforehand.

Here's one off the top of my head: did you know that all living creatures on the planet have roughly the same number of heart-beats in their life-span? So animals that have a tremendously fast heart pulse only last a few days (like flies for instance), while others with a pulse that's relatively slow (turtles, whales, elephants, humans...) get to see old age. It's also a general rule as well that animals with larger mass have slower heart pulse than the ones with lesser mass (which is evident within one speicies as well - for instance a human infant's average pulse is 100 to a 160, a child from 1 to 10 averages from 70 to 120 while 60 to a 100 is a norm for a healthy adult person.)
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-05-2006, 17:27   #23
Martian Eyes

Quote:
[off]... did you know that all living creatures on the planet have roughly the same number of heart-beats in their life-span?... a human infant's average pulse is 100 to a 160, a child from 1 to 10 averages from 70 to 120 while 60 to a 100 is a norm for a healthy adult person.)
Ok, that means:
1. No sports! Lie around the whole day and night and you will live at least two centuries!
2. A child has much less life expectancy than a grown up person!
Old 30-05-2006, 19:21   #24
Обезьянки / Null & Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoren
Offtop:
You're from Spain, Obezyanki?
Offtop:
mmm, I'm not,,, but my native language is Spanish too.
Old 30-05-2006, 19:26   #25
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
Ok, that means:
1. No sports! Lie around the whole day and night and you will live at least two centuries!
2. A child has much less life expectancy than a grown up person!
1) Not really. See a well trained athlete's pulse is 40 to 60 all day long (except for the time they exercise, which is still a very small amount compared to the whole 24 hour cycle the heart has to pump), while a normal healthy person's pulse ranges from 60 to 100 during the day. When you count it all together... a normal well-trained athlete's heart beats less than a heart of an average person.

2) Yeah, but youth is only a temporary condition. Everyone grows up sooner or later (Michael Jackson doesn't count. )
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-05-2006, 20:09   #26
Nothing Cooler

Quote:
2) Yeah, but youth is only a temporary condition. Everyone grows up sooner or later (Michael Jackson doesn't count. )
LOL!
Old 04-06-2006, 15:07   #27
Sad Little Monkey

Do you know where a hotdog got it's name?
In 1987, Frankfurt, Germany celebrated the 500th birthday of the frankfurter, the hot dog sausage. Although, the people of Vienna (Wien), Austria will point out that their wiener sausages are proof of origin for the hot dog. (By the way, ham, being pork meat, is found in hotdogs.) According to Douglas B. Smith in his book "Every wonder why?" the hotdog was given its name by a cartoonist. A butcher from Frankfurt who owned a dachshund named the long frankfurter sausage a "dachshund sausage," the dachshund being a slim dog with a long body. ("Dachshund" is German for "badger dog." They were originally bred for hunting badgers.) German immigrants introduced the dachshund sausage (and Hamburg meat) to the United States. In 1871, German butcher Charles Feltman opened the first "hotdog" stand in Coney Island in 1871, selling 3,684 dachshund sausages, most wrapped in a milk bread roll, during his first year in business. In the meantime, frankfurters - and wieners - were sold as hot food by sausage sellers. In 1901, New York Times cartoonist T.A. Dargan noticed that one sausage seller used bread buns to handle the hot sausages after he burnt his fingers and decided to illustrate the incident. He wasn't sure of the spelling of dachshund and simply called it "hot dog."

Source: didyouknow website.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 04-06-2006, 15:46   #28
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Although, the people of Vienna (Wien), Austria will point out that their wiener sausages are proof of origin for the hot dog.
Frankfurter sausages are from pork, 'Wieners' are from beef and pork, so you have to look, what's in your hotdog to decide. In Austria they are shorter and produced in pairs.

Quote:
... one sausage seller used bread buns to handle the hot sausages after he burnt his fingers and decided to illustrate the incident. He wasn't sure of the spelling of dachshund and simply called it "hot dog."
If the butcher were an Austrian we would call them now 'hot dackels' because we call the 'Dachshund' simply 'Dackel'.
Old 07-06-2006, 21:48   #29
Участник

Quote:
If the butcher were an Austrian we would call them now 'hot dackels' because we call the 'Dachshund' simply 'Dackel'.
That's nothing specifically austrian. That's just a short form.
There's also no austrian language as some Austrians often claim because 95% of the allegedly austrian vocabulary is simply "bairisch" (not bayerisch/bavarian, that's a linguistic term) which is spoken in the biggest part of south germany and austria. The fact that the fish-heads don't use these words doesn't make them austrian.
Old 07-06-2006, 21:58   #30
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Sabeena Send a message via Skype™ to Sabeena
3 did you know facts;

1) If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.

2) Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
(oops)

3) It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is about the journey..not the destination
Old 07-06-2006, 22:07   #31
Martian Eyes

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialite
That's nothing specifically austrian. That's just a short form.
There's also no austrian language as some Austrians often claim because 95% of the allegedly austrian vocabulary is simply "bairisch" (
I don't know of ANY austrian who claims to speak a specific austrian language. We are proud to speak german, although almost nobody here can speak it properly. What I meant was, that no Austrian butcher would have called the dog (and the sausage) 'Dachshund', that sounds ... eeeek ... 'piefkinesisch'. Therefore hot dogs are not of austrian origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeena
Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
Some times I wear mine about eight hours. So if I only had one bacterium before I would have then 700^8 = approx.
60000000000000000000000 bacteria in my ears Wonder if I have enough space there.

Last edited by Argos; 07-06-2006 at 22:29.
Old 08-06-2006, 16:00   #32
Re-Offender

I didn't know or maybe I forgot from school days that a cow has no upper teeth !
*Although a cow has no upper front teeth, it grazes up to 8 hours a day, taking in about 45 kg (100 lb) of feed and the equivalent of a bath tub full of water. A healthy cow gives about 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.*
A cow has four stomachs: the rumen, reticulum, omasum and abomasum. With all its grazing and many stomachs, it is no wonder that cows are one of the main contributors to the hole in the ozone layer. Apart from CFC, the biggest culprit is hydrocarbon emissions from cars and cows. Yes, cows! Cows release some 100 million tons of hydrocarbon annually - by releasing gas. To give you an idea of how much gas a cow emits: if the gas of 10 cows could be captured, it would provide heating for a small house for a year.

But unlike what you think, cows release hydrocarbon mostly by burping.*

Old 08-06-2006, 16:34   #33
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Sabeena Send a message via Skype™ to Sabeena
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
I didn't know or maybe I forgot from school days that a cow has no upper teeth !
*Although a cow has no upper front teeth, it grazes up to 8 hours a day, taking in about 45 kg (100 lb) of feed and the equivalent of a bath tub full of water. A healthy cow gives about 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.*
A cow has four stomachs: the rumen, reticulum, omasum and abomasum. With all its grazing and many stomachs, it is no wonder that cows are one of the main contributors to the hole in the ozone layer. Apart from CFC, the biggest culprit is hydrocarbon emissions from cars and cows. Yes, cows! Cows release some 100 million tons of hydrocarbon annually - by releasing gas. To give you an idea of how much gas a cow emits: if the gas of 10 cows could be captured, it would provide heating for a small house for a year.
now that information would've come in handy yesterday!.. i had a biology question on this.. but wasnt taught it so i made it up..hehe
~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is about the journey..not the destination
Old 08-06-2006, 16:59   #34
pie crust

Quote:
If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
That happened to a family friend of ours. :/
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 08-06-2006, 17:11   #35
Re-Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
That's bloody awful ! just from the sneeze ??
Old 08-06-2006, 17:23   #36
Участник

Offtop:
Quote:
I don't know of ANY austrian who claims to speak a specific austrian language.
I'm referring to the people that want to change the article in the austrian constitution that says "german is the official language" to "austrian german is the official language".
And I'm referring to the people who want the EU to recognize the existance of austrian german as a distinct language.
The ones I was not referring to were you and your surroundings.
Old 08-06-2006, 22:49   #37
Martian Eyes

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialite
I'm referring to the people that want to change the article in the austrian constitution that says "german is the official language" to "austrian german is the official language".
And I'm referring to the people who want the EU to recognize the existance of austrian german as a distinct language.
No overinterpretation, please. The current petition is only aimed at the completely unnecessary and stupid german orthography reform, and there are only a handful people, mostly from the literarian corner, who support that. Everybody here in Austria knows that there are only about 2 percent of specific Austrian words, and if you substract the 'kitchen austrian' and the 'administration austrian' there is not even a half percent left. Austria will always remain fully german by our own will, no doubt about that!
Old 09-06-2006, 15:11   #38
(in)dependent

Send a message via MSN to Katoren Send a message via Skype™ to Katoren
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
Gosh, that's horrible...
Now there's really no way of being safe, even if you stay at bed for your whole life o_O
A sneeze, my goodness, I'll take good care of not supressing any sneeze from now on. Oh, not only that, but not sneezing too hard either. And of course closing my eyes, all at the same time. Hmm, too much to remember, I think my head will explode trying to remember all the infrmation before I can even die from the actual sneeze
~~~~~~~~~~~
All I ever wanted,
All I ever needed
Is here, in my arms.

>> Flog <<

Last edited by Katoren; 10-06-2006 at 11:56.
Old 09-06-2006, 23:44   #39
Redhaired poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoren
I think my head will explode trying to remember all the infrmation before I can even die from the actualy sneeze
Poor you *hugs*
ReplyPost New Thread