Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

Sainthood Open for Pope John Paul II

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:18   #1
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Sainthood Open for Pope John Paul II

Check it out.

Did I miss something? Don't you need two certified miracles to enter Sainthood? I'm not aware of JP2 doing any miracles. Maybe they'll just make a couple of them up to please the political tendencies inside the church. What on Earth did he do? Cure the leper collony? Turn gasoline into diesel?

Even if you consider sainthood these days as nothing more then giving honour to a person for their accomplishments during their lifetime (similar to a posthumous award), it still raises some eyebrows in today's secular society that a man who claimed transsexual and transgender people have “mental pathologies”and movement for same sex marriage is part of a “New ideology of evil" which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man. should get any kind of "an award", that'd simbol his human tolerance and enlightenment. Give me a break.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 14-06-2005, 18:09   #2
I'm a Dust Bunny!

No one's perfect, but John Paul II was still a good man, and he did move the Church forward in some ways. He made apologies for certain things that deserved apologizing long ago. Etc. I'd say that was a miracle in itself.

And come on. The POPE MOBILE IS THE BOMB DIGGITY. THAT's a miracle in itself for SURE.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 15-06-2005, 02:02   #3
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Okay, fair enough. I give him that much. He did try to bring religions together and appologized for inquisition which was noble of him. But it'd still be cool if this holliest of holly men wouldn't use such fashist rhetoric when it came to certain minorities or women. Karol could be a real ass sometimes.

Papa Mobil is a pretty nifty idea though, yes. I was thinking of having a custom Freddie Mobil built, from which I could greet all my disciples.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 16-06-2005, 06:39   #4
I'm a Dust Bunny!

See, I could just walk around unbeknownst to the world. :P No disciples for me, thank you very much.

The world is full of imperfection and asses. :P It can't be helped. Or could be, but most people are too stubborn and close-minded and mostly too lazy to deal with the repercussions. :P

Ah well.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 16-06-2005, 19:25   #5
Sad Little Monkey

So that's why we have people like saints with flashy angel wings like JP2 who should be that much more enlightened then the rest of them. But indstead...

And hey, I thought you already have disciples of your own.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 16-06-2005, 19:36   #6
I'm a Dust Bunny!

JP2 may have been flawed, or rather, was indeed flawed. And perhaps he did not see all of his flaws, but he did see some and made the changes required to fix said flaws. It's commendable and still a good example. The world moves forward slowly. Can't expect miracles at every turn.

What disciples? Like the fungi which grows on my head? You crazy.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 16-06-2005, 21:13   #7
Sad Little Monkey

That's just the point. It's not moving anything at all. At least the clergy part. Wanting progress inside a religion is like riding one of those fitness bicycles - you can pedal 'till your legs fall of and you'd still go nowhere. What we need is a nice good social mountain bike so we cou... again one of those dead-end metaphores. Damn.

As you're well aware you have disciples who're prepared to go on a pilgrimage from lets say certain... Mediteranean Euro regions to meet the the elusive prophet Echoed. Right down to your holly shrine in the middle of China Town.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 16-06-2005, 21:38   #8
I'm a Dust Bunny!

History repeats itself all the time. I suppose the most we mere humans can do is watch it all go down and mourn for the world. I AM SO EPICALLY DRAMATIC. [Insert some form of opus.]

And you should go river dance and DIE. Bitch. :P

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 16-06-2005, 22:18   #9
Sad Little Monkey

It's all going down the drain as we speak! *sighs*

*dances... but is stayin' alive... stayin' alive*
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 17-06-2005, 06:52   #10
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
He did try to bring religions together and appologized for inquisition which was noble of him.
Though I could be wrong, I could have sworn that the Catholic Church is attempting to deny that the Inquisition was as bad as history dictates. Like torture wasn't practiced or some sh!t.
Silly I know, but when you recall the Church making an official statement specifically aimed to the African populace that contraceptives do not work thus ensuring that the 25% of Africans infected with the AIDS virus die in the next twenty years while continuing to spread te disease, it ain't all that hard to believe.

Why yes I hate the church, why do you ask?

Quote:
As you're well aware you have disciples who're prepared to go on a pilgrimage from lets say certain... Mediteranean Euro regions to meet the the elusive prophet Echoed. Right down to your holly shrine in the middle of China Town.
Seriously yo!
You wouldn't even need to be a Saint or anything.
A dictator more like, then you can smite all asses you want.

And I can totally be your eunuch, I'd even slice off my own testicles... if I were a guy of course, which I am not.
Freddie?

Whoa, I totally creeped myself out there.
I swear, I'll never drink Cuban rum again.
Old 17-06-2005, 09:35   #11
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Though I could be wrong, I could have sworn that the Catholic Church is attempting to deny that the Inquisition was as bad as history dictates. Like torture wasn't practiced or some sh!t.
Silly I know, but when you recall the Church making an official statement specifically aimed to the African populace that contraceptives do not work thus ensuring that the 25% of Africans infected with the AIDS virus die in the next twenty years while continuing to spread te disease, it ain't all that hard to believe.

Ditto. And yeah: the Africa-AIDS thing was spectacular. JP2 (and the church in general) actually never said they don't WORK. They just "advised" them abstinence till marriage so they wouldn't NEED condoms. It' just like advising people not to drive cars for 100% road safety... it would actually work, but I mean... come on. I can already see people hiking to work, while camel convoys would grace the streets carrying that trucks used to.

Quote:
Seriously yo!

And I can totally be your eunuch, I'd even slice off my own testicles... if I were a guy of course, which I am not.
Freddie?
Yes? Well I'd do it if she asks. At least I'd gain some weight.

Quote:
Whoa, I totally creeped myself out there.
I swear, I'll never drink Cuban rum again.
Cuba Libre!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by freddie; 17-06-2005 at 11:22.
Old 17-06-2005, 10:39   #12
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Quote:
I'd hate the Church too, I suppose. But I'm too lazy, and Sloth is my favourite sin, as opposed to Wrath.

Quote:
Seriously yo!

Freddie?
Ooo. Smiting! AND THOU SHALT BE SMITED.. SMOTTEN... smitten? Smitted?

Quote:
Yes? Well I'd do it if she asks. At least I'd gain some weight.
Do eet, beetch. :P

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 18-06-2005, 10:29   #13
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoed
Do eet, beetch. :P
~Echo.
I would, but I don't wanna lose my goate and all my ruggedness with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 20-06-2005, 06:45   #14
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Quote:
I would, but I don't wanna lose my goate and all my ruggedness with it.

What ruggedness, girly man?

Okay, we're totally not even talking about JP2. Thus. SHH. SHHHhHhHhHHH.

Thank you for your cooperation. *Beep.*

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

ReplyPost New Thread