Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The White Stripes

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-05-2003, 04:49   #1
The Chosen ONe

Lightbulb The White Stripes

Hey I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with The White Stripes. They are one of my favorite bands whom I just recently got into since their performance from the 2002 MTV movie awards. What do you guys think of them?
For those not familiar, The White Stripes are a new breed of back-to-basics rock acts to emerge from Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A and is made up of Jack White (John Anthony Gills, guitar/vocals) and Meg White, (drums). They are also surrounded by a little contraversy of whether they are brother and sister....or husband and wife. I believe they were married once and are now divorced. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
Now I think this is their second or third album but, "Elephant" is really hot over here in the states and topping the charts. Their single "Seven Nation Army" is an awesome song with a combination of strong bass and drums with amazing vocals. Here are a pic of the group and the video for "Seven Nation Army".
Tell me what you guys think!

Jack White
Meg White
Together
Video for "Seven Nation Army"

Also heres a little review of "Elephant" by the Moscow Lifestyle Magazine where they say quote:
Quote:
'"Elephant" indisputably proves that The White Stripes are more than a couple of pseudo-hipster kids. They are the real deal; they’re genuine hipsters and they deserve maximum scene points for being groundbreaking and charmingly pretentious.'

Last edited by KooReeT; 14-05-2003 at 17:53.
Old 14-05-2003, 07:48   #2
New Dicking Cream!

Send a message via AIM to XtremeHollywood
Exclamation .?.

Elephant is their fourth album. I love the White Stripes. To tell the truth, they are the first band that I actually want to see live. I even bought White Blood Cells three times. One was the first release, the second release came with a DVD, and the third is the Japanese Edition with two bonus tracks. Oh wait, I also have the vinyl now. Some people I know don't like them because they say they are not really a band for not having a bass player. I say they don't need one.

They are great! I find Jack weird though because of how shy he is. He dresses like a rock star but hates the attention of that given to one.

I would say more but I'll leave that to any other White Stripes fans around here...
Old 15-05-2003, 04:12   #3
The Chosen ONe

Quote:
They are great! I find Jack weird though because of how shy he is. He dresses like a rock star but hates the attention of that given to one.
Wow I didn't know that he's shy? Hey thanks for the info XtremeHollywood
Old 15-05-2003, 08:33   #4
New Dicking Cream!

Send a message via AIM to XtremeHollywood
.?.

If you haven't already, you should visit whitestripes.net. If your interested on the vinyl version of Elephant, you should go to a Hot Topic store. They should have it. It's comes with 2 records, one in white, and the other in a see through red.
Old 27-05-2003, 14:41   #5
My Waking Hour

I love the Stripes... I thought they were brother and sister actually
I only got their latest album, which is very successful here. I don't know too much about them, I've seen a couple of their clips and musically I'd call them "retro garage rock" (occassionally hard ), like the Hives ( which I like too ) the Datsuns, etc.
Old 27-05-2003, 22:11   #6
Wandering Soul

I like them! Jack White is gonna be in a film called Cold Mantain alongside Nicole Kidman and Jude Law. It's going to be very interesting!
Old 20-06-2003, 11:05   #7
turn it on

The last story I heard was ....... they've been friends since kindergarten, fell in love, married in their teens, fell out of LUUURVE, but were still very close, love changed more into that of a brother and sister. Oh and somewhere along the way they formed a band!!!

yeah, I really like them too, especially meg.
Old 16-07-2003, 22:49   #8

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
I have heard accusations of incest about them, but I dunno

But anyways, Seven Nation Army is a pretty good song. And they're from the Detroit area, which is good, as are Kid Rock, Uncle Kracker I think, and Eminem.
Old 16-07-2003, 23:31   #9
@_@

Send a message via AIM to 0newinged Send a message via Yahoo to 0newinged
Yeah I was a bit confused in Blender it referred to them as ex lovers but they call each other sister and brother so

I love their style of music so simple it gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out >_<
ReplyPost New Thread