Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Forum Undermoderated?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 15-11-2003, 14:29   #41
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
So TLFdk if the same discussion had taken place at the good thread, there would have been no problem? ... okay ...
Old 15-11-2003, 14:34   #42
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by sunwalk
What REALLY did hurt you in this thread?..
I was hurt by the following quotes:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fidget

an idea of two women having sex sickens me

man+woman is natural. Woman and woman is not
forre: That is a discrimination based on sexual preferences. Bad .. bad .. very bad! Kate is warned. Thanks for reminding.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by forre; 15-11-2003 at 14:40.
Old 15-11-2003, 15:05   #43
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally posted by sunwalk
So TLFdk if the same discussion had taken place at the good thread, there would have been no problem? ... okay ...
Well I'm just talking about the comments about the songs in generel. The example haku provided I didn't read myself. Those comments I would mind very much, and I'm glad I didn't read them last night, since I would have responded even more than I did so far.
Thank you for making me clear up my comment, sunwalk
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 15-11-2003, 15:07   #44
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I absolutely agree Haku ...i haven't seen this thread yesterday...just the thread about the Book....

...my post, indeed, was just written with the aim to say :just Be honest, it wasn't because there were some off-topic you were such angry..it's because you didn't like what you read...(i spoke just about the thread about the book)
Old 15-11-2003, 15:08   #45
Участник

sunwalk, I was there last night. There was trolling in abundance, there were personal attacks, discriminatory remarks and constant off-topicness on two threads. One member in particular kept riling people up, and unfortunately she succeeded.

I know this is just an insignificant little forum in the wide wide world, with no real significance other than bringing people together to have fun, and the occasional controversial, and yet hopefully civilized debate. In the big scheme of things - it's nothing. But I don't want to see a perfectly nice and civilized place go to hell, because one or two people use it as their battleground.

I dared to say so. I tried to stop it. And now, get this, I get a warning for "provoking a scandal on purpose". The absurdness is mind-boggling.

xena225
Old 15-11-2003, 15:13   #46
Primetime Anchor

xena225, of course a warning. How otherwise? All involved got warnings. Told you, it depends on how you place your comment. There are different ways. It's your choice to notice it or to shuffle it off. No reason for any extremism or anger.

So, everyone is calm and reasonable.

Hugs
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 15-11-2003 at 15:25.
Old 15-11-2003, 15:18   #47
you'll need love

sunwalk, I didn't like what I read. But she has a right to state that the songs are crap. But keeping the discussion civilised would be very much appreciated. And to be a good example to others and say it in the right thread would be even better.
And I'm still just talking about the photo thread. Don't even know which one the other is.

And if one doesn't like the pictures one should just avoid opening them at all.. or at least respect that others might think they aren't bad.

Thank you for giving out warnings, forre.. I'm not sure if all is deserved or not, but I trust that they are fair
(edit: or at least I hope them to be)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 15-11-2003, 15:24   #48
Участник

Thanks for your answer Xena225.

Last edited by nath; 15-11-2003 at 15:39.
Old 15-11-2003, 15:25   #49
I'm a Dust Bunny!

forre, I wasn't panicking. I was exasperated. :P Anywho, the situation had deserved some attention, I gave it.

All warnings given out were done for a reason. Perhaps some may have been unfair, but the message is still there. (That was SO not supposed to rhyme.) Calm the Heck down y'all. :P

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 15-11-2003, 15:28   #50
we shout

Hmm .. I was there this morning . Yulia Topless was really hot! I went to check again just now ... its now so peaceful and nice place .. like a garden or something ..everyone said nice thing
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 15-11-2003, 21:05   #51
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
xena225, of course a warning. How otherwise? All involved got warnings. Told you, it depends on how you place your comment. There are different ways. It's your choice to notice it or to shuffle it off. No reason for any extremism or anger.

So, everyone is calm and reasonable.

Hugs
forre,

This thread just comes handy: Would you mind telling me what made me get a warning - in my post in "that" thread where I was asking you this question, you wrote in my post You had "forgotten to place the warning" and that this was "my lucky day" - now I still don't get what point in my posts you did object to.
?

Honestly spoken there was no moderation at all yestarday night, almost 6 pages long until it was closed for which I am thankful as this was the only way to stop the madness going on in there.
There was off-topic all the way started from one user, Fidget, and no one cared about it...?

Next point you can hardly expect user here to stay calm when such hatred (and off-topic) comments are being posted.
With all due respect there was need to step in on page 3, not to speak from the following pages.

I'm aware that everything is handled differently on boards but what happened tonight, and I was part of it as sadly I couldn't hold back myself - but next time I'll try, was way beyond everything I have seen for a long time on a tATu-board.

There are enough moderators on this board and they were present at that time but no one stepped in.
Old 15-11-2003, 22:26   #52
Primetime Anchor

Rob, done. In the PM, please.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 15-11-2003, 22:36   #53
tATu - Fan

@forre

First of all: Thanks for your answer.
On the issue: I understand what you mean - I'll keep that in mind.
Old 15-11-2003, 23:08   #54
pie crust

Well can I please state my opinion? About the off-topicness.. I think it's natural. People go off-topic all the time, in real life too.. One thing leads to another.. But when it gets really really bad, I think that's when it should stop, and it did!

I don't think that thread turned into something really really awful... Some of the comments haku showed deserved a warning, and the user who made them got the warning. But otherwise I think it was just pure discussion.

I know that the picture of Yulia halfnaked should have been discussed in another thread, but the particular thread about the photobook was about photos.. So people started speculating around what photos could be in there, and we got into the whole nude-thing. And then it was natural for people to state their opinions. I really don't see what's so wrong about it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying "I don't think Yulia looks good in that picture" for example. I know this particular message was said in different more rude ways but it's still the same. Maybe this person didn't like it because she was half-naked. Now people started bashing this person and somehow it's "okay" because "Yulia is beautiful"?! If somebody doesn't like nudity, especially now that this was all for money and because sex sells, it's fine don't you think? Apparently not, because alot of people told this user to "look past that" and "realise how beautiful she is and the meaning of this whole picture". Maybe this user didn't find any meaning.. doesn't make one a "prude"...

When somebody says Tatu do not look good in a picture it's all "WHAT?! You're nuts!!! How can you say this? They are very beautiful and I can feel the true love blah blah!" but apparently if Tatu bash somebody, for example Kylie Minogue and call her a b*tch they are cool... If I would trash Kylie everyone would applause but when somebody says something about Tatu it is bad.. Isn't this a Tatu discussion board? We can discuss both good and bad things!

And please everyone don't take this post personally because I am just digging up words and statements out of my head so I have no idea who said what! And this is directed to everyone even myself Yeah.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 16-11-2003, 03:24   #55
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
whuh... it's quite interesting queenie that U mentioned Kylie I remember the time her fans got the idea that Yulia really called her an old b*tch (she never did. it was just an 'old woman'). And they began dissing TATU on their forum (Don't we do here constantly? I mean, don't we diss EVERYONE who had ill-luck to mention TATU not in the 100% positive way?). Someone cried: "War!" and most of the fans ran to Kylie's forum to defend their beloved girls *read attack Kylie* Soon the thread was full with TATU's pics and 'nice' comments from the both sides. Would U call it 'ugly'? Well, from some point of view it was... but at the same moment tatu's fans were trying to give arguments. Kylies fans just wanted them to get away and give them an opportunity to diss anyone they hate and write odds for their beauty. It was their right... their territory. I didn't like the solution Kylie's mods found (They just deleted everything and pretended nothing happened). IMO it just showed their own weakness. But it doesn't really matter now. It was THEIR territory (the forum devoted to such a nice in all ways girl as Kylie is).
This is OUR territory. And at times it seems tatu-fans just NEED a conflict (well, isn't 'conflict' a key word for TATU themselves?). I'm sure, if we were suddenly attacked by someone from the 'outside', we would be a team... watching each other's backs. But we are alone here. It's only we to decide what this forum should look like. We need freedome (don't we?). But at the same time no one wants to be hurt. It's only U who can defend ur own feelings, guys. Mods can't solve all the problems. Mods can't turn this place to the everyone's paradise. To be 100% happy U need to have all ppl around U sharing ur ideas and point of view. Not possible, I'm afraid. How many members we have here? About 1750? Then we need 1750 forums to keep everyone happy. Of course now U'll say U need just some members to watch their tongues... but in fact, U feel offended every time someone has another point of view and U can't prove him how wrong he/she is. Then emotions take over. It's just a forum... just a place where U can share ur opinions. But let other ppl have theirs. If someone finds gay relationship sick, it's his/her right. Use arguments to prove he/she's wrong. If U can't find the common language, just ignore. But it's kind of hypocritical to participate in fight and then call just one participant guilty. Fight is fight. No one is right there. Everyone is equal. U either take part or quit. If I don't wanna fight, I won't. There are loads of ways to point that U don't agree without getting urself involved in something U don't want to be. Just leave those angry ppl the opportunity to let some of those negative emotions out. They need it. Try to understand. If not here... where else?
Besides, if there were no ppl having different believes, U'd die from bore. Who would U defend ur band from? Journalists? But, hey, they never respond. And this way U have chance to have some kind of debate. There's the line, U say. But where exactly? Who will dare to decide where this line is? U can decide only for urself. U can decide U are better than this or something... But U can't make others shut up just coz their believes offend U. Urs can offend them, don't U think?
It's the 'discussion' board. And it's opened for ALL opinions... even negative ones. This site isn't even 'fan-site', don't forget. The best decision would be to organize 'tatu-loving' part of the forum or different forum at all where only lovers will hang out. Then banning of every 'hater' would be fair. U can always say: "hey, guy! don't U see what's written above? For TATU-lovers ONLY. It's OUR place, so get out and don't bother our joy with ur negative comments".
There were times I felt offended on this forum. One was when someone's said we (russians) deserved what happened at Dubrovka... that terract. But if I find someone is wrong, I just say : "hey, guy! U are WRONG" and don't run to mods asking to ban this person out. I try to stay calm (can't say it always works, but I'm trying) and reasonable. But I respect other ppl's opinions and tempers. Dunno... may be I just got used. I live in TATU-hating world (yeah, just had ill-luck to be born in Russia where TATU is a bad-taste). I learned to live with this (but, hey, mods, could U ban some reall ppl out of my life? or make some of my friends believe TATU are cool? I'll give U the list of names, ok? ) And most of all I learned one thing: if U don't loose ur temper, if U find arguments to defend ur opinion and have enough sense not to call the one who has different opinion names, U'll get respect at least.
I love this place. I see lots of cool and intellegent ppl here. And it's very sad to see that just one negative opinion can make so many cool and intellegent ppl loose their temper. Something is wrong... or may be U just needed this fight not less than Fidget did? I dunno ... ignoring seems such an easy thing to do. And when 20 ppl try to beat one up... and fail... it looks strange to me. *sigh* Mods aren't Gods. They are just ppl like U and me... ppl that do a great work trying to keep this place in order. But isn't this situation wrong: some person walks along the street and throws a cigar-butt. Everyone around notices, gets mad and starts throwing all kind of garbage at him to prove how wrong he was. And then everyone is blaming the cleaner, who 'failed to clean all the garbage out during the process'?
Ok. I'm shutting up now. I've already said much more than U wanted to hear. Sry, it's almost 6 am here and I'm kinda tired.

I love U guys anyway... all of ya...
Old 16-11-2003, 03:44   #56
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
If someone finds gay relationship sick, it's his/her right. Use arguments to prove he/she's wrong.
I couldn't disagree more. Prove? We have to prove that homophobia is wrong?

It's basic human rights. People shall not be discriminated based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, or religion. None of this has to be proved, it's a fact.

Homophobes are wrong, no need to prove it. Homophobic comments (or racist, or chauvinist) can't be tolerated.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 16-11-2003 at 05:03.
Old 16-11-2003, 12:30   #57
pie crust

Quote:
In my opinion, this is a place for tatu fan no matter what the name of the forum said
Yes, I agree. But in my opinion it is okay to say bad things about Tatu aswell, as long as you don't go overboard. But I think so about everything in this world. Use common sense! You might disagree or dislike something but that doesn't mean you have to be really rude. Same with Tatu.

Quote:
Anyone notice the "Edit Ignore List" in our profile option?
Nononono! You're starting to sound like my Swedish teacher.. "Ignore them, they're air". Haha. Well I think you shouldn't ignore a problem. But in this case a user is maybe not a big problem, just irritating. And you don't have all the time in the world to solve this problem... So yeah.. Maybe it's a good choice to ignore them?

Quote:
If someone finds gay relationship sick, it's his/her right. Use arguments to prove he/she's wrong.
I agree. I don't like homophobes and discrimination, and I want to change peoples minds but I can't... I think homophobia will always exist.. At least in my generation.. Maybe the next generation will be a little smarter.. Everyone in my school thinks gay people are sick.. So I don't see any progress there... People will always think different things.. You can't possibly expect everyone to share your opinion? What kind of discussion would that be? "I think like this." "Me too." "Yeah." "Now what?" When everybody agrees.. It would be boring.. So now you see someone who dislikes homosexuality. Aha! Now is your time to prove them wrong.. And don't expect to change their mind. But now they showed their opinion and you show yours. And the rest is up to them.. If they change..

Ack ack ack.. Why all this evil thread starting? First we agree on ignoring a user and then we start threads to provoce the user? It doesn't make any sense to me. I believe if Fidget wants to think lesbian sex is unnatural, fine! Maybe we just look at it the wrong way. She might have meant it from a "scientific" point of view. In my opinion, just because lesbians cannot get pregnant when having sex with eachother doesn't make it unnatural.. I think it's completely natural.. But maybe she doesn't.. So? I know alot of people who share her opinion and they are still very intelligent. I don't expect anyone to share my opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 16-11-2003, 13:12   #58
Primetime Anchor

Okay, this is the thing I wanted to speak about for a long time now. Forum is a place where all people should have a possibility to start a discussion without offending each other personally in one or another way. No one is perfect and everyone is human. Accidents happen. Some people learn from their own mistakes and some don't. That's the difference. If moderators see that a person tries to solve the prolem and works at it hard - this person is given an opportunity, though according to rules and if to apply them stricltly, the person deserves to be banned. Some cases are more difficult and the only solution is to ban a user. Many times, such methods are avoided, but sometimes they are applied.

The decision on Fidget's matter is here Public Apology - declined.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 16-11-2003 at 13:21.
Old 16-11-2003, 13:30   #59
pie crust

forre, I am glad we got it all worked out in the end. Now let's hope this forum will be even better than it was before because of what we learned these past days.

I love you all!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 16-11-2003, 17:44   #60
Участник

Denial..i took your text to answer but i just wanted to use the term "Tatu Fans"...and think about this could mean for each of us...say that we all could love Tatu in different ways...that's all...
This is my fault: i didn't cut well the part of the sentence that I would speak about.....And when i said "I don't feel"...it wasn't in a negative sense...
I used english awkwardly....

I really think that there are not bad people here... sincerely... we have awkwardnesses in the way of expressing the things sometimes but people are deeply nice and it is for this reason that I love so much Tatysite...

Don't worry , please my Denial...and you know that I have a special tenderness for you .

Edit:...and maybe I wrote that this morning just because I was Sad...I was sad yesterday, I'm sad today to see we arrive in such decisions just because a "awkwardness" in the expression...I'm very sad.

Last edited by nath; 16-11-2003 at 17:51.
ReplyPost New Thread