Old 24-03-2005, 00:05   #41
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsidan04
And what's wrong with seats?
She was referring to Lorna's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
(and I mean proper gigs - none of that fucking pop music shite where everyone is sitting in rows and rows of clearly marked seats)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-03-2005, 00:10   #42
Bitchka

Oh yeah, here we go .... again.... ok? .. ok....
Quote:
Your sarcasm is uncalled for and annoying.
Sure, I can understand that.. not anyone can take sarcasm ... but how do you feel about constant Neurotic Angrer driven verbal outsursts? .. some people cant take those as well ...

Quote:
Good: "I dont like that band. And here's why: *proceed to give good reasons*"

Bad: "Hahahahaah! You suck! That band sucks! What the heck is wrong with you listening to such a sucky band?"
I'm not saying you acted like the latter, but you got too close to the latter for comfort.
You mean you confused me with mossopp? Or am I wrong ... oh wait, I did say Nu Metal is shit ... that's right - and i still support that statement. Search around to find the listed reasons.... i wonder what reason mossopp gave everytime she slammed down pop music ... or basically everyone who doesnt listen to 'proper music' (whatever that is according to her) .... you see, the coin always has two faces ....

Quote:
I dont mean any offense, but I dont want to see serious arguments around here, and name calling. Especially when it involves one of my favorite people maybe leaving for good.
Sure, hope you understand i dont mean any offence either ...

Quote:
And what's wrong with seats? When I saw Evanescence/Seether/TDG/BB last July, it was at a large outdoor theater with seats, and it was great. There's no loss of experience because it's at a theater.
where have you been? Have you read this thread, really? because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
Whether you'd lower yourself enough to go to a proper concert isn't my concern.
My point is that there is such a thing as 'gig etiquette'. And rule Numero Uno is that you treat other audience members with a modicum of respect. If those girls were at the front they got that position fair and square. Pushing and shoving other people around in order to get a better position is just wrong.
If you'd been to as many gigs (and I mean proper gigs - none of that fucking pop music shite where everyone is sitting in rows and rows of clearly marked seats ) as I have then you'd understand the do's and don't's. It's easy to spot posers at gigs cos they're always the ones pushing and shoving and acting silly.
umm, yeah, you can clearly see, that i was responding to 'your fav' persons comment... who obviously believes that 'proper' (and i repeat, whatever the FUCK proper is to mossopp) gigs DONT involve seats It is also a perfect quote where she is slamming pop music... oh my, god forbid i was a britney fan... i think her statemenet is close to what you identified as POINT #2 ... or 'bad way to talk on here'

edit: oh yeah, queenski did your homework for you while i was typing this, thanks queenie
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-03-2005, 00:16   #43
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
what's happening guys? My name is mentioned there . I erased what I posted though ( as usual )
oh, dont worry sppy, you arent a suspect ... it's Me the only Evil bitch! ... but yeah, we know about your impulsive post alterations and deleting.... .. schizophrenia?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-03-2005, 00:23   #44
My Waking Hour

oh I remember! i made some innuendo about my Chemical Romance. I watched one of their videos which was on MTV ( the one in a funeral ). The song sucked as usual but the video was cool. It's not tough to make a cool video, if you have the money, just hire a director. But then almost everything I listened to sucked too.
Actually MCR was the one that sucked the least due to the attitude.
A Simple Plan was there too...it's pop punk, quite unbearable.
There was a band called A Perfect Circle who were ripping off Tool without shame. Not doing a particular job at it either.

and that's all I can rememeber. So Mossopp left the forum because of that?
Old 24-03-2005, 00:25   #45
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
oh, dont worry sppy, you arent a suspect ... it's Me the only Evil bitch! ... but yeah, we know about your impulsive post alterations and deleting.... .. schizophrenia?
I think overt depression...Today I deleted my huge post about the eurovision song contest. It took me 2 hours to listen to all the songs and right about them, then I felt like deleting it.

I'll delete this one too...you can bring it back somehow?
Old 24-03-2005, 00:41   #46

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
You mean you confused me with mossopp?
Yeah guess so. So we disagree on at least one thing.

Quote:
I did say Nu Metal is shit ... that's right - and i still support that statement.
You're entitled to that.

Quote:
Have you read this thread, really? because:
Not thuroughly.

Quote:
oh my, god forbid i was a britney fan...
Heck, at one time even I didn't mind the girl. Not a fan, not by any means, but she was alright. And then I opened my eyes.

But there's nothing wrong with having a few blips on the radar screen. I mean one of my favorite new bands is Eisley. And then you have another one of my "friends". Quite a difference. Someone who only listens to one type of music is missing out.
Old 24-03-2005, 00:49   #47
pie crust

Quote:
i wonder what reason mossopp gave everytime she slammed down pop music ... or basically everyone who doesnt listen to 'proper music' (whatever that is according to her) .... you see, the coin always has two faces ....
She did actually... which is why I don't think cools' comments were any worse than Mossopp's.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 24-03-2005, 00:52   #48

Quote:
There was a band called A Perfect Circle who were ripping off Tool without shame. Not doing a particular job at it either.
Wow, that quote opened my eyes.

You've never heard of A Perfect Circle? You don't know that their vocalist is Maynard James Keenan - the same guy from Tool? Or do you? Sure they haven't deviated from the sound of Tool (unlike Audioslave and Velvet Revolver, who are quite different from Soundgarden and STP), but the fact is it's the exact same singer. And man, is he a good singer! One of my top favorites. Not only that, but he's about as left wing as they come. There's pretty much a four way attack on President Bush from the music industry right now: Maynard, Serj Tankian, Tom Morello, and Eminem. --> www.axisofjustice.org

Check out the vids "Imagine", and "Counting Bodies..." Unfortunately, they dont have the great video for "The Outsider", but do a search for it and check it out. But you can get the audio for it - that song is one of my favorites from anybody (got some fantastic bass and drumming). I think APC is a great band, at least as good as Tool.

http://www.fanscape.com/Music/Altern...le/320161.aspx
Old 24-03-2005, 15:40   #49
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
She did actually... which is why I don't think cools' comments were any worse than Mossopp's.
Yeah but cool has a reasonable continuity in her arguments. Mossopp is different. She goes to slam Green Day as pop punk, for example, and then praises bands like A Simple Plan. I can't find some logical continuity in her musical tastes other than " I like this band but I don't like that one".
Then she says she's a metalhead but almost none of her favourite bands are metal.

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste. If you like it, you like it. Frankly I don't spend too much time on something I don't like.

Quote:
Wow, that quote opened my eyes.
That opened my eyes too. He forms another band and then goes down the same road? This is weird. What happened to Tool anyway...
Yeah, sorry, I'm not following the American rock scene anymore. So I wouldn't know.
Some people are still around i.e. Annihilator are doing nu metal now, Fear Factory are still around, there's Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, Foo Fighters etc.
I think the best bands are still the old timers, which goes to show the level of saturation the American rock scene has been subject to.
Maybe the audiences have changed, Nu metal had a drastic effect on the rock scene.
Old 24-03-2005, 15:52   #50
Bitchka

Quote:
Yeah but cool has a reasonable continuity in her arguments. Mossopp is different. She goes to slam Green Day as pop punk, for example, and then praises bands like A Simple Plan. I can't find some logical continuity in her musical tastes other than " I like this band but I don't like that one".
Then she says she's a metalhead but almost none of her favourite bands are metal.

Absolutely correct - basically what it comes down to is this: Im not sure how mossopp couldnt see that she is basically the victim of the POPular 'nu metal' bands trend ....that are catered on MTV for all the teenagers ... but then at the same time she 'spits' on everything POP and thinks of it as something very low ... im sorry, but it makes NO sense!

not to mention she had absolutely NO ability to carry on a reasonable conversation But yeah, variety is good, so i hope she comes back for everybody's sake

spy, dont ya worry, the old dogs are around ... for example Motorhead is having a concert here in a day or two
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-03-2005, 16:58   #51
My Waking Hour

Actually I have a great regard for Mossopp. So I hope she's just taking a break - as I did - and she'll be back soon.
Old 25-03-2005, 02:48   #52
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Actually I have a great regard for Mossopp. So I hope she's just taking a break - as I did - and she'll be back soon.
Yeah, this place has been kind of boring latelt without Mossopp around. Granted I didn't agree with everything she said, I did appreciate her point of view.

So, yeah wtf? Come back Mossopp!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 25-03-2005, 02:56   #53
pie crust

Let's bombard her with emails until she comes back!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 25-03-2005, 02:58   #54
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Let's bombard her with emails until she comes back!
Very good idea QB.... anyone know her e-mail address?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 25-03-2005, 03:08   #55
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
anyone know her e-mail address?
I do!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 25-03-2005, 06:55   #56
My Waking Hour

Do it! At least show her that people still care in this time and age
Old 25-03-2005, 23:24   #57

Quote:
I do!
I do. And she told me she's not coming back. But I'm going to show her some of your quotes here anyway.
Old 25-03-2005, 23:27   #58
Bitchka

Quote:
But I'm going to show her some of your quotes here anyway.
you should I dont want to be the 'bad guy' , it would be good if she came back
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 25-03-2005, 23:32   #59
pie crust

Well if she doesn't come back I'm gonna kick her ass and strangle every member in MCR and run down the street screaming "F*ck emo!"

....she'll come back now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 29-03-2005, 23:20   #60
Lazy

Tell her she better come back..i'm not gonna be the only Scot around here.
Tell her that i'll be on the next train as i'm only an hour and a half away from where she is....in fact better wait til tomorrow.
I WILL wait on that freezing platform at Partick station and pressure every girl with a rock t shirt on until i get it right.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Everybodys born to do a certain thing,If you're dead jammy you find it.
If you're good at it keep doing it.If you're fed up go and do something else.
We're really only here to look after the place
ReplyPost New Thread