Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 13:53   #201
Chun ruk ter!

^ White guys cross dressed up as Harajuku Girls? They'll fit in over in Eastern Asia already!
At least it'd be some sort of image... *cough*

She is going to need some selling image to make the project go places though, if they're wanting to be more than independent solo fun or something like that. I could imagine them going simple and she'll end up like "I'm so elegant and so classy~~ *insert high note* Woo!!! *hair flip* I'm the sophisticated girl with a male backing band ohhhhhhh."
I make it sound more awful in text. ):

Or she could just keep her hair in an uninspired pony tail and wear one of her various sweaters and sweatpants and let the current Tatu management fix up something to call that a "concept"...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 06-07-2009 at 14:04.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59   #202
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
They could go behind her, always dressed in tuxedos and she could go as an ellegant Russian girl...
Omg that would be hot. Like a Bond girl. Microphone in one hand, martini in the other
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 07-07-2009, 03:49   #203
Chun ruk ter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
Omg that would be hot. Like a Bond girl. Microphone in one hand, martini in the other
.... omg
That could probably work. XDD

That will be the album artwork! She'll look all seductive and the band guys will be in the background with their tuxes and be "lol mysterious". And of course the cover editors will get bored and decide to photoshop her hair even more red and her curves even more curvy and then *bam* we have possibly Russia's latest representative superstar.
She'll eventually earn the cheesy title, "Russia's Ravishing Redhead~~"

Oh, fantasies.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---

Old 07-07-2009, 04:19   #204
pie crust

MalchikGeiBrand, she should totally go for it! A glamorous, mysterious woman with a bit of oomph, luckily she has quite a nice personality that would help her be unique and not like every other glam girl. And I wouldn't say no to seeing a bunch of hot guys in tuxedos.

I'm just hoping she can pull off her solo career without being boring. I don't know how much the management has to say, but I always wondered what the girls' personal ideas were. I REALLY hope she can be a bit creative on her own this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-07-2009, 14:01   #205
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
I REALLY hope she can be a bit creative on her own this time.
I think Lena's solo will be the continuation of t.A.T.u. Once they will say that it's nothing ever tried and it's going to hit the charts but,lack of a proper label and with a little(or no) promotion it'll be just like t.A.T.u. in HS era.I just hope I'm wrong this time and management will surprise us.

Quote:
I already see the headlines... "From Lena with love...", "Hot Russian redhead wins the toplists!"
Are you serious?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 07-07-2009, 20:39   #206
Postmodern

Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales? As long as it's good music, it's ok. I love listening to "Happy Smiles" even though it's wasn't successful at all. I just want Lena to do something new, new music, new style. Nothing else is important (at least for me).
Old 07-07-2009, 22:00   #207
Chun ruk ter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales? As long as it's good music, it's ok. I love listening to "Happy Smiles" even though it's wasn't successful at all. I just want Lena to do something new, new music, new style. Nothing else is important (at least for me).
I pretty much agree with you. I was just playing around with my cheesy headlines, obviously. We like fantasizing! It would be cool to see some kind of fun image from her though.

I don't know what their aspirations for this project is though. If they want to be more than just "independent girl that just has songs and not much else" and actually want to make it somewhere, then they're going to have to have some kind of concept.
Preferably something more interesting than the obviously fake "heartless humans! Invalid people! Run before they laser you!" image that they tried giving Tatu.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 08-07-2009, 11:22   #208

From Troy's twitter

Quote:
Sitting around, catching up, throwing ideas around. Lena, Sven, Domen, Steve & me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57   #209
pie crust

Yay for ideas!
And yay for Sven (and Troy a little bit too)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2009, 17:21   #210
Chun ruk ter!

Yeah, even if all she does is just simply record and release music, I'll listen to them if I like it. But I'd much prefer it if her music could get somewhere on the run as well, if that's what they're aiming for.

And more news from Troy, of course. I can't help but think this feels more like a new "band project" than an actual "solo project" of Lena. It's practically Tatu's live band minus Yulia.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 08-07-2009, 17:48   #211
Trust no1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
It's practically Tatu's live band minus Yulia.
It is Tatu's live band minus Yulia.

Nice to hear they're back in the studio. Let's hope for some more songs. We want the album out by Christmas guys
Old 08-07-2009, 19:15   #212
Postmodern

I'm wondering whether it will be a new music band or the guys are just working for Lena's album.
Old 08-07-2009, 19:50   #213
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales?
I'm not worrying but if they have no attention from non-fans,I don't think they will be making music in further future.If the aim is not reaching the wide audience,what's the point of making an album?And Renski is providing the money,he sure would want to make profit of it.In his blogs,he mentioned the songs would be hit,so they want to hit the charts.One last thing,I want Lena to be successful without Yulia and those fake images because she has talent and deserves to have a good place in music history.And I love her!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 09-07-2009, 02:14   #214
Chun ruk ter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
It is Tatu's live band minus Yulia.
Offtop:
Oiiiii that's what I meant. I use the word "practically" irrelevantly out of habit, sorry.

I agree with fanoff. I won't be surprised if Lena's as bored with the "DON'T BE A FAKE HUMAN!" concept as we are, too. D: I hope Lena get's to put a lot more creative input.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 09-07-2009, 10:15   #215
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
I'm not worrying but if they have no attention from non-fans,I don't think they will be making music in further future.If the aim is not reaching the wide audience,what's the point of making an album?And Renski is providing the money,he sure would want to make profit of it.In his blogs,he mentioned the songs would be hit,so they want to hit the charts.One last thing,I want Lena to be successful without Yulia and those fake images because she has talent and deserves to have a good place in music history.And I love her!
I don't agree what she has talent but she deserves( I mean she need many vocal lessons).
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"
Old 09-07-2009, 13:20   #216
Chun ruk ter!

I don't think she can't sing, I think she just doesn't really know how to use her voice sometimes. Vocal lessons wouldn't hurt though whatever the effect may be. She sings live a lot better than she used to, without her awkward teenage live singing voice... Unfortunately Yulia overused her awkward teenage voice and we all know the story. D: So give them both lessons!

Neither Lena or Yulia really have substantially amazing voices, but they can sound nice and they both have two very distinct voices. I don't hear many other singers that sound like them. If Lena's solo project goes somewhere, like on Russian radio channels as a start, listeners will probably be able to tell that it's her.

I'm pretty sure I said this exact thing in another post but aw well.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 09-07-2009, 22:40   #217
Участник

Quote:
Yes, Lena could do vocal lessons for a year... While Yulia, well... Does Yulia have a decade to spare?!

I wasn't talking about Yulia but if you wanna talk about her, I can..............
Quote:
Does Yulia have a decade to spare?
A decade ?????????
A lesson or two lenssons aren't a decade. Are you talking seriously?
Now in my opinion about them, talent is natural endowment or ability of a superior quality. I've thought always that Yulia has more talent that Lena. Ok Yulia screwed herself in the past. But it's not to say that Lena has more talent that her now

If I was a productor it would to choose Yulia because although she needs more things, she got a unique vocal
Yulia needs :
Vocal lessons
help your voice ..... etc

Lena needs:
Vocal lessons

If anyone could get what yulia needs she could be a unique singer because of her voice but have you ever heard lena sing the high notes on not gonna get us or something like that and besides singing in low voice is easy almost anyone could do it and it sounds good because yo dont have the concecuense of screwing up you just sing to your self on a microphone and you have an editor behind you always =D
do you know the basics of singing? or anything at all to say that lena is better than yulia ? and lena has a very comun singing voice most pop "artist" have that kind of voiceif you can tell but it all depends who has a better voice here not who knows how to sing because in pop you dont need tecnique at all you just need to have a beautiful voice (a very comun one well thats basiclly but if you go to diferent types of music you can tell the diference)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"
Old 09-07-2009, 23:30   #218
Chun ruk ter!

Lena has sung the high notes of NND/NGGU a few times. She sings the highest NND note in the demo, and she sings just as high again in chelovechki. She's actually sang the G4 note a lot.

Neither of them have sung any higher or lower than each other. The highest note sung in Tatu I believe was a G5, and both Lena and Yulia have hit them in different songs.

Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them. Even in their old recordings, Yulia didn't sound like she was in a right "comfort zone" when she would sing in an upper register. She never really had the vocal type for singing high notes. Yes, she could yell them, as she's a chest-singer and her voice was younger, but some times the kind of screaming she did was a huge no-no when it comes to singing. The screaming sounded cool with the right special effects, but it's not really a healthy way to use your voice.

And I never really thought Lena had a "common" singing voice. :| Neither of them sound very common to me. So perhaps Lena's singing style is common, but that isn't really anything to pick on.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 09-07-2009, 23:33   #219
Postmodern

Quote:
Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them.
True. It's so sad that they cannot sing Not Gonna Get Us live anymore.
Old 09-07-2009, 23:50   #220
Участник

Quote:
Lena has sung the high notes of NND/NGGU a few times. She sings the highest NND note in the demo, and she sings just as high again in chelovechki. She's actually sang the G4 note a lot.

Neither of them have sung any higher or lower than each other. The highest note sung in Tatu I believe was a G5, and both Lena and Yulia have hit them in different songs.

Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them. Even in their old recordings, Yulia didn't sound like she was in a right "comfort zone" when she would sing in an upper register. She never really had the vocal type for singing high notes. Yes, she could yell them, as she's a chest-singer and her voice was younger, but some times the kind of screaming she did was a huge no-no when it comes to singing. The screaming sounded cool with the right special effects, but it's not really a healthy way to use your voice.

And I never really thought Lena had a "common" singing voice. :| Neither of them sound very common to me. So perhaps Lena's singing style is common, but that isn't really anything to pick on.
ok look like you said lena sing them yulia yells them but lena sings in a very low voy yeah the tone of her voice is high but her volume is low she she cant do and diafragmatic screaming or any of those things and lenas singing is very comercial and they never past g4 and besides why dont you like yulias screaming ?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Lólindir Alcarin

ReplyPost New Thread