Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Reality Show with t.A.T.u.! - General Thread.

Old 29-11-2003, 23:52   #21
My Waking Hour

Their future is not really that great if they're hoping that the fans will come up with the material for the next album. What an embarassment

Quote:
Rumor has it that Shapovalov got the idea of making this reality show to earn enough money to release Tatu's next album, since he blew all Tatu's savings on his other projects: "7B" and Katya Nechaeva, as well as had a huge fight with Universal about the constant delays of the new album release date.
Well, at least he's trying to do something. I think that effectively, the international career of Tatu is certainly over..now they're trying to earn as much money as possible out of their last grains of popularity.

Although...in Russia things may be different , I have a feeling that Tatu will concentate their careers there. For how long, I don't know, I'm not familiar with how Russian showbusiness works.
That's what I think and I'm not saying so because I don't like Tatu. I'm a fan of the album and the girls. But things are becoming clearer now..that "Nichya" song is a desperate attempt to capture some of their former glory to no avail. Tatu are almost finished internationally and will take a miracle to have another hit. As for Japan, well, their popularity will wear out sooner or later. Without new material there's no future for Tatu. No matter how many stunts Shapovalov pulls.

There was always that possibility...I don't know how they came up with the first album anyway, may have been one brilliant moment that happens once in a lifetime. But Tatu as a musical band - not as a project - is a complete joke. They're virtually non-existent.
Great project, not much left as ideas are running out, I'm afraid.

I can't see how things can kickstart, I really can't. Here, Tatu are treated as part of history, already.

Last edited by spyretto; 30-11-2003 at 00:07.

Old 30-11-2003, 00:59   #22
The Bunny Prince

Send a message via AIM to nasnedagoniat
Well, what exactly was Nichya, besides a failed attempt. Where did it come from? Just like forre, I'm confused. Several people from Tatu camp said that the album was nearing completion and now this. What happened to those songs? What happened to the songs produced by Mars Lasar? There's proof that he produced a few tracks on the infamous 2nd album. Unless he is also a liar.

The only logical sense that can be made out of this, happens to be very illogical. A surprise! Tatu will release two Russian albums instead of one. The first album will have the songs that were said to be complete, and the second will have the songs from the reality show. More money for Ivan, more entertainment for us. Another scenario is that the reality show is not going to be that real. The songs are already chosen and recorded and Tatu will only act as if they are choosing and recording songs. Making all of us view the songs as something they are not.

Old 30-11-2003, 01:30   #23
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by elf
[tatu. ru:] The viewers will see Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova just as they are. Up to now, all the information about the girls has always been delivered through the third parties: tv programs, photo sessions, interviews, etc. Now it will be a direct contact – one on one with the audience.
elf, thank you for the translation! Sounds exciting, and if it really can be watched online, I'll definitely be there.

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
[dni.ru:] The main peculiarity of the album is that the songs written by absolutely unknown to public songwriters. Anyone can become a songwriter on the condition that this person is able to create a world hit. During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u. together with their producer will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them.
I wonder where exactly this info originates from? I couldn't find it on the Tatu. Ru website. There is nothing in the News Section about it anyway.

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 30-11-2003 at 01:50.

Old 30-11-2003, 04:50   #24
My Waking Hour

Question

two albums???

Interesting idea but I smell failed "publicity stunt" again. A reality show based on Tatu's recording of their second album? Oh yes, it's a soap opera indeed. One year in the making and they haven't even started yet

Last edited by spyretto; 30-11-2003 at 05:31.

Old 30-11-2003, 07:18   #25
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
if all goes as said, we'll get too see alot more

i wonder if we'll see if they've got anything to hide after all
this is very exciting, corresponds with posing nude very much.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 30-11-2003, 07:30   #26
My Waking Hour

you like it eh ?
Tatu the mobile soap opera. They're an opera anyway, why not open up to the public and make some more bucks?

something like the Osbournes a la Tatu. It can be a big hit with MTV russkie

Old 01-12-2003, 01:57   #27
Banned

Send a message via AIM to elf
Quote:
I wonder where exactly this info originates from? I couldn't find it on the Tatu. Ru website. There is nothing in the News Section about it anyway.
That's what I was thinking too. This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru Maybe they simply read the official website and let their imagination fill in the gaps

Old 01-12-2003, 02:11   #28
viva la scientology!

Quote:
Originally posted by nasnedagoniat
Another scenario is that the reality show is not going to be that real. The songs are already chosen and recorded and Tatu will only act as if they are choosing and recording songs.
Good point. The recording process has been really annoying. First it's "we are working on it" then "the songs are written but not recorded" then "we are writing the songs now" to "ummmm.... TV show!!!" I don't get it.

Quote:
The only logical sense that can be made out of this, happens to be very illogical.
Ivan and his genius ways. All of Tatu's mistakes have painted them into a corner. They have to work hard if they want to keep up. No new music = no future

I think the TV show is a great idea... if it had been done a year ago.

Old 01-12-2003, 20:38   #29
My Waking Hour

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too. This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru Maybe they simply read the official website and let their imagination fill in the gaps
elf it's also on their official website, tatu. ru
although, the "bridge" march and Rammstein were also on the official website. So dni.ru and tatu. ru are equally reliable sources

Old 01-12-2003, 21:01   #30
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
elf it's also on their official website, tatu. ru
Could you please post the link to this specific info on tatu. ru ?
I checked the site and couldn't find it.

It's this part of the dni.ru article I couldn't find on tatu. ru: "During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u. together with their producer will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them. You may contribute with a composition to the address:..."

Thanks.

By the way, nowhere in the dni.ru article does it say that the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. The dni.ru article only claims that everyone can send in a composition and that they'd be choosing and evaluating the best one/ones during the reality show. Nowhere does it say that they will be recording this song/these songs for this album. But who knows? Maybe someone sends in a real gem of a song, and they do decide to record it. Who knows?

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 01-12-2003 at 21:26.

Old 01-12-2003, 21:18   #31
My Waking Hour

Their English section of their site is down or not working at all.

But in the Russian page of their site you find this text,

which, by the use of a dodgy translator, translates like that:

. A.T.u.: realiti-show
Record of a new album t. A.T.u. in a format of realiti-show. Lena Katin, JUlja Volkova and the producer of group Ivan Shapovalov will work above
The second album in Celestial - new and constant residence Neformata - specially equipped 13-th floor of hotel Peking in the center of Moscow. Besides the advanced musical equipment, in Celestial chambers online of an announcement that will allow millions televiewers to observe in a mode a ril-time of all Further will be established

Last edited by spyretto; 01-12-2003 at 21:27.

Old 01-12-2003, 21:22   #32
Участник

Quote:
But in the Russian page of their site you find this text,
. A.T.u.: realiti-show
Record of a new album t. A.T.u. in a format of realiti-show. Lena Katin, JUlja Volkova and the producer of group Ivan Shapovalov will work above
The second album in Celestial - new and constant residence Neformata - specially equipped 13-th floor of hotel Peking in the center of Moscow. Besides the advanced musical equipment, in Celestial chambers online of an announcement that will allow millions televiewers to observe in a mode a ril-time of all Further will be established
spyretto, elf already translated this page (and the more extensive info on the next page as well). His translation is on page 1 of this thread. But where does it say that people can send in compositions which will be chosen and evaluated during the reality show? dni.ru added this info, but it's not on tatu. ru - that was my question.

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 01-12-2003 at 21:45.

Old 01-12-2003, 21:26   #33
My Waking Hour

Then why did you ask where is the article? I think that particular info - about picking the best songs and including them in the album - exists somewhere, maybe on this site.

Well, this is what tatysite.net writes but doesn't it imply that you can be the songwriter of the next Tatu hit?

Quote:
t.A.T.u. starts to work with their new album in the beginning of December. Ivan Shapovalov announced earlier this year that the process of recording would be turned into a reality show. A few cameras will be set on around the clock in the studio Sky Room which is located on the 13th floor of the Pekin Hotel in Moscow. Several TV channels will broadcast the sessions simultaneously. The main peculiarity of the album is that the songs are written by absolutely unknown songwriters. Anyone can become a songwriter on the condition that this person is able to create a world hit.

During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u., together with their producer, will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them. You may contribute with a composition to the address: Ivan Shapovalov/t.A.T.u., Podnebesnaya, 123001 Moscow.
Well, what can I say, ask forre. Or you can check all the Russian sites to see where Vanya put that advert

Last edited by spyretto; 01-12-2003 at 21:33.

Old 01-12-2003, 21:38   #34
Участник

Quote:
Then why did you ask where is the article?
I think it was a misunderstanding. When elf wrote: "This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru", he was actually replying to my question where the specific dni.ru info that people can send in compositions which will be chosen and evaluated by Ivan, Lena and Yulia during the reality show came from. Apparently it's not on tatu. ru, so where does the info come from? That's all I was asking.

Some here were also implying - because of that dni.ru info - that possibly the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. In my opinion the article doesn't say so at all, but that's another discussion. *shrugs*

xena225

Old 01-12-2003, 21:48   #35
My Waking Hour

yes, I think I didn't get you...but what do you think about that?

It reads as if it's posted by Neformat. They have the address where you can send your compositions. I don't think that dni.ru people made it from the top of their heads.

Quote:
Some here were also implying - because of that dni.ru info - that possibly the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. In my opinion the article doesn't say so at all, but that's another discussion. *shrugs*
I haven't got the slightest clue. You may well remember Tatu's press conference at the beginning of the year where Shapovalov was saying that the album is ready, let alone that the songs were chosen...beginning of the year...

Last edited by spyretto; 01-12-2003 at 21:56.

Old 02-12-2003, 00:15   #36
ROCK FOR LIGHT

I really hope the tv show thing isn't true.

I hate reality shows.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you

Old 02-12-2003, 02:31   #37
Участник

I was suprised too about the start recording from december, as I knew they started from november. And about this reality show I hope it will be a transmission only once per week, not every day. In this case I think it's a good idea, to know about the advances of the recording. And maybe this reality show is the price for that new equippment. The idea of sending songs to their headquarter looks as if they lack compositions, or ideas, but maybe will prove to be a good idea. Malchik-gey was made like that, as I remeber ... Ha, everyone is concerned about the future of Tatu, but looking to their 2 last songs I see they improved their music ... and one song every 6 month is a good rithm ... in 2002 didn't they released "Klouny" and "Prostye Dvizhenya" ? ... Now, because of their continuous promotional campaigns 2003 was lost, but 2004, the beginning, at least, seems to be more peacefull, so, maybe in 2-3 months we'll have that album ready.

Old 19-12-2003, 22:49   #38
Участник

The show supposedly started on the 17th of December. No one has seen it yet. Some Russian fans have seem promos on STS (channel which will air the reality show). Also, Tatu camp are in talk whether the show will be aired on the Internet as well. Hopefully they will.

Old 19-12-2003, 22:53   #39
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
The show supposedly started on the 17th of December. No one has seen it yet. Some Russian fans have seem promos on STS (channel which will air the reality show). Also, Tatu camp are in talk whether the show will be aired on the Internet as well. Hopefully they will.
Kate, it's the 17th of January. Read the thread one more time.

Old 19-12-2003, 23:02   #40
Участник

Nike75, sorry. In the Russian forum Igor just said on the 17th.