Yulia Volkova Solo Project

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 16:16   #121
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
Offtop:

Are you joking?
OMG! Exactly! NIN are one of the most important US bands of the last 20 years.
t.A.T.u.'s sound definitely has been influenced by them... They were labelmates for a while also. If Yulia wants to go for 'style' rather than substance then fair enough but for a lasting solo career she should look to other musicians with longevity and if the choice to collaborate with either Gaga or Trent came up she should choose Trent. That's defo what i'd love to see.
Or for the perfect mix of style and substance maybe going in a Ladytron route.

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 05-07-2009 at 17:22.

Old 05-07-2009, 19:31   #122
Kandi KRaver

Yeah I gotta admit, the only way to kickstart Yulia's career would be to work with lady gaga. She's the only act with enough publicity to get people to notice anyone who even talks to her.

Old 05-07-2009, 19:38   #123
Martian Eyes

...and what's the win for Gaga with Volk? Winners don't couple with losers. If Yulya isn't good enough for finding her way alone she should give up showbiz and increase the number of Russians on Earth...

Old 05-07-2009, 19:41   #124
НАВСЕГДА

Offtop:
Quote:
NIN are one of the most important US bands of the last 20 years.
Whoopsie! *embarassed*

Quote:
Winners don't couple with losers.
Exactly!

Old 05-07-2009, 20:23   #125
Postmodern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia Volkova
The only thing I know for sure: It won't be pop-music. I don't really like all these "dances", r'n'b. I can just listen to it, not to perform. It's boring. I need a real drive on stage.
Yulia will never work with Lady GaGa. This discussion is pointless. Some fans who love them both are just dreaming.

Old 05-07-2009, 20:45   #126
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Winners don't couple with losers.
Who's the winner here?I think the situation of Lady GaGa is not so different from Yulia's past(in 2003).World might forget about her 5 years later.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...

Old 05-07-2009, 20:47   #127
Участник

Yulia would make anyone sound poor by comparison, so I don’t think anyone would want to sing with her.

Old 05-07-2009, 21:14   #128
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
Who's the winner here?I think the situation of Lady GaGa is not so different from Yulia's past(in 2003).World might forget about her 5 years later.
But this isn't 5 years later Right now, I don't see Gaga working with Yulia when she can work with someone who is a much bigger star in show business.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 05-07-2009, 22:15   #129
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
this isn't 5 years later
I know it but that doesn't make GaGa a winner and Yulia a loser.Such a feature is still impossible from both sides for different reasons so it's pointless to discuss it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...

Last edited by fanoff; 05-07-2009 at 22:45.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:53   #130
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Yulia would make anyone sound poor by comparison, so I don’t think anyone would want to sing with her.
Ahahahahah. The woman cannot carry a tune unless she's been severely autotuned, and the only time she does sound good live is when she's singing something that's about as challenging as "Happy Birthday". I'm not sure why you think that she's such a talented vocalist.

Quote:
If Yulia wants to go for 'style' rather than substance then fair enough but for a lasting solo career she should look to other musicians with longevity and if the choice to collaborate with either Gaga or Trent came up she should choose Trent.
I'm not sure what fantasy world you live in. GaGa sounds more similar to t.A.T.u. than NIN or Trent Reznor ever though of sounding. I see no similarities in t.A.T.u. and Nine Inch Nails. And there's more than style in the GaGa equation as well. She and Trent both have the same writing and producing credentials. I'm not sure why you're so anti-pop-culture. Especially as such a big fanboy of a pop group. Yulia would be lucky for GaGa to give her fashion tips, let alone record a song with her.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:09   #131
Son. Husband. Witch!

do you actually read my posts properly? there's a difference between sounding like and being INFLUENCED by an artist (as i stated).
i'm not anti-pop at all. i just have a different kind of appreciation for it. i'm not drawn in by hype like most people and many of the pop bands i listen to have considerable longevity. Substance wins out always.
Yulia came from the gutter Gaga the strip joint gutter... match made in heaven for many i would imagine

Old 06-07-2009, 04:56   #132
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
do you actually read my posts properly? there's a difference between sounding like and being INFLUENCED by an artist (as i stated).
i'm not anti-pop at all. i just have a different kind of appreciation for it. i'm not drawn in by hype like most people and many of the pop bands i listen to have considerable longevity. Substance wins out always.
Yulia came from the gutter Gaga the strip joint gutter... match made in heaven for many i would imagine
Both girls come from middle class households actually, it's not like they had to whore themselves out to live. And where do you get that NIN influenced t.A.T.u.? - I don't see it at all. You're just speculating.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:45   #133
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Both girls come from middle class households actually, it's not like they had to whore themselves out to live. And where do you get that NIN influenced t.A.T.u.? - I don't see it at all. You're just speculating.
I might also add that Gaga has a top notch musical education from one of the best contemporary music schools in the US at one of our top Universities in the largest city in the US...

Sorry AshMcAuliffe, but the fact is Gaga is incredibly talented... You may not like the subject matter of her songs, or even understand them.... but she wrote the whole album herself and it's gotten phenomenal reviews by every reputable music critic in the world. She's written songs for Britney Spears and the Pussy Cat Dolls... Not to mention she actually sounds better live than on her album... That is a feat I have never heard either Yulia or Lena accomplish, let alone rearrange a song on the spot for an acoustic arrangement.

I have to agree with Tim 100%. Lady Gaga is going to be the Madonna of this century.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes

Old 06-07-2009, 06:01   #134
¡Viva La Lena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
I have to agree with Tim 100%. Lady Gaga is going to be the Madonna of this century.
Offtop:
there is nobody so far, that can replace or be as close to what madonna is for Music, and take this from someone who really loves gaga

Yulia and Gaga I dont see this happening anytime soon, better said never, Yulia sometimes thinks she`s way too much to collaborate with people that are really creative,adn that she doesnt need anybdy, specially if this one has popularity, she`s really wierd on that matter.
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous

Old 06-07-2009, 06:11   #135
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiorE View Post
Offtop:
there is nobody so far, that can replace or be as close to what madonna is for Music, and take this from someone who really loves gaga
Offtop:
Obviously no one can replace Madonna I meant that Lady Gaga is going to have the same effect/longevity that Madonna has, but in her own way. Madonna was the Pop Queen of the 20th Century, but she's getting old and is not going to be able to continue doing what she's doing for another 30 years... Lady Gaga is going to inherit Madonna's legacy and continue to challenge Pop music and culture, like Madonna has done since the early 80's. Don't take things so literally. I was being metaphorical.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes

Old 06-07-2009, 10:23   #136
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
You're just speculating.
Do some decent research

Quote:
Lady Gaga is going to be the Madonna of this century.
Oh how i and

Quote:
Lady Gaga is going to inherit Madonna's legacy and continue to challenge Pop music and culture, like Madonna has done since the early 80's.
Now THIS is speculation! Come back when she sells at least a quarter of Madonna's near 200 million record sales.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:22   #137
Участник

Quote:
I'm not sure why you think that she's such a talented vocalist.
The only reason I think that is because she sounds way better than anyone else I’ve heard.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:05   #138
НАВСЕГДА

Offtop:
Quote:
Lady Gaga is going to be the Madonna of this century.
Abso-fucking-lutely! GaGa is the shit!

Old 06-07-2009, 19:20   #139
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
Now THIS is speculation! Come back when she sells at least a quarter of Madonna's near 200 million record sales.
Maybe you should do some research yourself and then maybe you'd realize that Lady Gaga's start of her career is extremely similar to Madonna.

Madonna's Debut Album

Lady Gaga's Debut Album

Madonna released 5 singles world wide off her Debut, she wrote 3 of them... Lady Gaga has released 5 singles from her album, she's written all of them. Gaga's album is already platinum in the US and it hasn't been out for a year. I'm sure once it's been out for oh 26 years like Madonna's it'll exceed her 5 platinum easily.

Sorry but you can't make comparisons between a debut artist who only has 1 album out to the entire career of an artist who's been around for 26 years. You can however compare their beginnings... And Gaga is doing exactly what Madonna did in 1983, only better and on her own.

Unlike Madonna who had someone else design her concerts, costumes, hairstyles, ect... Lady Gaga does all of that herself. I have yet to hear a single criticism about her live performances from anyone that has actually been to one.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes

Old 06-07-2009, 19:32   #140
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Sorry but you can't make comparisons between a debut artist who only has 1 album out to the entire career of an artist who's been around for 26 years.
contradict yourself much? you made the comparison in the first place you fool.

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 07-07-2009 at 01:05.

Closed ThreadPost New Thread