Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

"Two hours of my life I will never get back;" The WORST movies you have ever seen

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 16-02-2004, 16:50   #61
Santa's bodyguard

Dances With Swords , I mean The Last samurai . OK, how many historical things can you get wrong in one movie? It hink this movie sets record for that one. How badly can you portrait foreign culture? Well, this movie sets yet another record.

And I knew this movie will suck but allowed to be dragged into seeing it. Some friends
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 25-03-2004, 07:55   #62
Участник

I thought it was ok.
Old 25-03-2004, 09:06   #63
winter days ...

"along came polly" i knew it was going to be trash but i went and saw it anyway cause no one else i was going with wanted to see what i did ! bleh!

dont watch it. its really shit
Old 20-04-2004, 19:20   #64
Echoes among the Stars

I don't know if these belong in this thread, but whatever There are several movies that are popular, that have won major awards and critical praise, that when I saw them I thought they were terrible Has this happened to anybody else?

Movies like:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
2001: A Space Odyssey
Schindler's List

Also, what I wrote earlier in this thread, about movies like "Taurus": now I can clarify, I can't stand Sokurov's movies I don't know why, maybe I'm not old enough to appreciate it ... although it isn't that I don't have patience, because I like Tarkovsky's movies, for example. I'm not sure what it is, or, on the other hand, why everybody thinks he's so great. But if you like his movies, "Taurus" might be something you'd like to see.

About 2001: A Space Odyssey I'll be interested to see if I think about it differently later on I started to watch it about a month ago, lost interest after 20 minutes, made myself keep watching until an hour had passed and then finally switched it off.

I liked this passage that I read a few days ago:

"I like the term "Phatic" dialog, which is dialog that conveys little or no information. This deadened form of modern communication features prominently in the film, 2001, and it is combined with brutish eating scenes, empty and impotent characters, Freudian Spaceships, apes that are human, humans that are apes, and a computer that is more emotional than the human beings it serves. There is so much of this stuff that I seriously wonder if calling the film merely "ironic" is enough. It seems to be getting awfully close to satire for me, and I confess I have watched 2001 and laughed all the way through (even more than I did for Clockwork Orange or Dr. Strangelove). [ . . . ]

The film seems also to have been collossally misread by the psychedelic generation, who were perhaps a bit too trippy to get the real jokes. "

I don't get stuck with too many trashy movies lately because I stop watching when I get bored. When I haven't seen anything interesting and realize suddenly that watching the movie isn't going to do anything for me - because to learn from something I think you need to enjoy it - I press "STOP," and for me, it's interesting, this moment always comes around 20-30 minutes into the film. The nice thing about this system is that you don't lose anything from the first 20-30 minutes; even if you hate the movie, for those minutes you watch attentively. And you can take a lot away from 20-30 minutes.

The last movie I saw that was pretty bad that I decided to watch anyway - although it was HARD, I kept looking at my watch - was "Miranda."
ReplyPost New Thread