Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Reputation and Reputation power

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-06-2004, 21:33   #121
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataku
really? LOL aw well thats not fair.. *pouts* but i want to be able to express my appreciation of other peoples "posts" as well as anyone who has over 1,000 posts..hmmm
You can A few people at 0 points have left me a reputation message because of one of my posts they liked. It didn't give me any points, but i'm extremely glad they did.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 17-06-2004, 21:38   #122
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
lol but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 17-06-2004, 21:46   #123
you'll need love

Quote:
lol but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points.
but it's not trouble.. it's questioning the system

hey: can ms. nataku have my points? and I don't mean by me giving her puny 4 points, but hand her over my in any way unwanted power?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 22:02   #124
iMod

Quote:
Miss Nataku, in 2 months you'll get 1 power point for a year of membership, you'll get another power point soon for your first thousand posts, and finally, a lot of people appreciate you and i'm sure you'll reach the 100 points of reputation in a few weeks (you received about 20 in a week) which will give you another power point.
So, very soon, you'll have 3 power points which is only 1 less than a heavy poster like teeny or myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 17-06-2004, 22:13   #125
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
So, very soon, you'll have 3 power points
You're a lucky girl, ms. nataku.. had you noticed the board later you would only have 2 points in the future that is
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 22:28   #126
Участник

Quote:
It seems unfair now only because the system has been working for a week or so, but look in the members list, some members with less than a thousand posts already have good amounts of points and that's only after *one* week.
In a few months, there will be members will low post counts who will have more points than people with high post counts, that's why i'm saying that this system is fairer than any other.
But of course it's going to take a few months for things to be put in place, not everything can happen in a week.
And that's also why it is important that EVERYONE takes part in the reputaction system and makes sure that people who deserve to be "powerful" actually get there. I must say that people who we think are more powerful now have more posts, so logically they will give out reputation more easily to other members. Soon, it'll all be in equilibrium. But you must take part!!

nataku, I think that when you give out repuation, even thoguh it doesn't increase one's points, it makes the person more willing to give YOU reputation. See where I'm going? So, even though you may not be giving any points, the people who recieve your appretiation will give you points and thus your power will increase.
Old 17-06-2004, 22:38   #127
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
lol yes yes, i see. thanks for the explanations
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 17-06-2004, 22:40   #128
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
And that's also why it is important that EVERYONE takes part in the reputaction system
nice try But I wont the participate. And to hand out points to people so that they more willingly will give oneself more points later? Come on.. that is more like making someone else feel good because it will end up making me feel good. And that can be done without anything called power involved.
If the reasons for handing out points are private, then why is the reputation system out in the open. Can't there be no points and no listing in public who has how many points? If it's all about giving true credit to eachother then there should be no reason to involve bonus and points.

And lets say all play in for a long time. Then a new member arrives. New member has low post count , nothing to contribute with, and date for joining no reason to give any power. Will the member feel at home or like an alien, when the points are out in the open?
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 22:41   #129
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
And lets say all play in for a long time. Then a new member arrives. New member has low post count , nothing to contribute with, and date for joining no reason to give any power. Will the member feel at home or like an alien, when the points are out in the open?
wow, when you put it like that, sounds rather tragic...
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 17-06-2004, 22:53   #130
Участник

teeny,
Quote:
And to hand out points to people so that they more willingly will give oneself more points later? Come on.. that is more like making someone else feel good because it will end up making me feel good. And that can be done without anything called power involved.
You are misinterpreting the whole thing on purpose. Everyone individual has his/her own standards as to whome they give out points to. I, for example, give out points when I see a person being an active part of the community (like, creating an interesting thread, helping out in the "Daily Troubles" thread, translating, sharing mp3s etc) as well as being generally nice. But, Igor for example doesn't give out many points. You have to really impress him with your goodness to get him to give you points. Other people might give out reputation just because someone made them laugh, or made them cry or inspired them and so on.
Quote:
If the reasons for handing out points are private, then why is the reputation system out in the open. Can't there be no points and no listing in public who has how many points? If it's all about giving true credit to eachother then there should be no reason to involve bonus and points.
I think there's a reason we can see other people's points, and that is to urge us to get more points by participating in the community. I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't you want to see more interesting threads on this forum? More people posting, sharing, caring, helping?
Quote:
First of all, every newbie gets 10 reputation points to start with. It's almost the same thing at any forum when you just registered, you just have to get involved. Do you feel jeopardised by large post numbers, moderator and administrator statuses when you register at a forum? No. You just have to work hard to get where everyone else got.
Old 17-06-2004, 22:56   #131
iMod

Quote:
It's no different than the post count or the join date. When you're a newbie and are surrounded by members who have been there for over a year, all know each other, have thousands of posts, and continue to generate dozens of posts everyday, it *is* intimidating, no matter what.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 17-06-2004, 23:06   #132
you'll need love

Quote:
I think there's a reason we can see other people's points, and that is to urge us to get more points by participating in the community. I don't see anything wrong with that.
But imagine being giving bad credit all the time, and finding yourself at the bottom of the scale. Open point system makes it even worse. Listing members by reputation number even worse. I would dislike that a lot.
Quote:
Don't you want to see more interesting threads on this forum? More people posting, sharing, caring, helping?
Do I see people doing that already and before introducing reputation system: Yes. Do I think some people actually create threads to gain more power: yes - do I support them by doing so? no. I participate by posting my opinion, and points are left by the door, cos respect is worth more.
Quote:
First of all, every newbie gets 10 reputation points to start with. It's almost the same thing at any forum when you just registered, you just have to get involved
Oh well super.. it's been a week or so now and I have 43 points. Lucky me it's been steady for a while. I like that a lot. But in a few months or so people will have gained a lot of points. I can increase 10 people with 120 points a month (little less if it was 30 different people in a row). Thats a lot. So being a newbie with 10 points isn't that well off.
Quote:
Do you feel jeopardised by large post numbers, moderator and administrator statuses when you register at a forum? No
well actually I try to avoid getting into trouble with people with larger postnumbers. Cos that could mean getting into a lot of trouble in no time. But thats just me. And of couse I'm not used to be thinking about the reputation factor too.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
It's no different than the post count or the join date. When you're a newbie and are surrounded by members who have been there for over a year, all know each other, have thousands of posts, and continue to generate dozens of posts everyday, it *is* intimidating, no matter what.
And why make that even worse? I'm really glad that I joined when the forum was smaller. I had it fairly easy. I hope newbies has the best enviorement to post in. And don't see a reputation system as one of them. Actually I don't like that fact about some forums. The ones where member status grows as posts flow in. A member is just as good as any other and such a system doesn't support it
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 23:24   #133
Участник

Quote:
But imagine being giving bad credit all the time, and finding yourself at the bottom of the scale. Open point system makes it even worse. Listing members by reputation number even worse. I would dislike that a lot.
So far I didn't find any post that would make me decrease a member's reputation. Decreasing a person's reputation is the last resort, in my opinion. But look at the situation from another side: how much the forum members must all dislike a person to decrease his reputation. That just sends him a clear message that he doesn't belong here. Although, if you find that your reputation is being decreased by a particular person(s) as a means to bully you, then you have to report to Igor or me.
Quote:
Do I see people doing that already and before introducing reputation system: Yes. Do I think some people actually create threads to gain more power: yes - do I support them by doing so? no. I participate by posting my opinion, and points are left by the door, cos respect is worth more.
Of course it wouldn't be nice if people start creating random thread like "Hey, my socks smell funny today" or "I've got this wierd rash on my *&^%" to gain on reputation, but if people find it easier to share a movie they want to see or a joke they found funny by knowing that people will appretiate it, then yes, I think it's a good thing.
Quote:
Oh well super.. it's been a week or so now and I have 43 points. Lucky me it's been steady for a while. I like that a lot. But in a few months or so people will have gained a lot of points. I can increase 10 people with 120 points a month (little less if it was 30 different people in a row). Thats a lot. So being a newbie with 10 points isn't that well off.
No, no, no. Imagine a newbie joining us in a few month. Every active member on this forum will have closer to 1000 points. This mean that they'll have the power of giving about 10 points. So if a newbiew is liked, he'll get a lot of points and feel excepted.
Quote:
well actually I try to avoid getting into trouble with people with larger postnumbers. Cos that could mean getting into a lot of trouble in no time. But thats just me. And of couse I'm not used to be thinking about the reputation factor too.
I think of it this way, when a newbie joins, he can know who is liked on this forum straight away. So when he/she get's into trouble, he/she will know where to look for help.
Quote:
I'm really glad that I joined when the forum was smaller. I had it fairly easy. I hope newbies has the best enviorement to post in. And don't see a reputation system as one of them. Actually I don't like that fact about some forums. The ones where member status grows as posts flow in. A member is just as good as any other and such a system doesn't support it
You're just all against the reputation system. You refuse to see the good side of it. That's a pity.

EDIT: TatySite.net was always a large forum. The largest Tatu forum, in fact. Even when I joined it, it was already big. It's just that in December 2002 we were down, and lost our database, so it might appear as if we were new, but we weren't.
Old 17-06-2004, 23:32   #134
you'll need love

Quote:
EDIT: TatySite.net was always a large forum. The largest Tatu forum, in fact. Even when I joined it, it was already big. It's just that in December 2002 we were down, and lost our database, so it might appear as if we were new, but we weren't.
hence the word smaller Top posting members had fewer posts and all seemed fairly even.
Quote:
You're just all against the reputation system. You refuse to see the good side of it. That's a pity.
Yeah I am. And then again not. I do think that the possibility to give response in private is a good thing. I do not think that it's a good thing that it gives a member points. I don't like the idea of points. I don't like the idea of points being named power though it's just a word.
But all in all I am against the system that is correct. I also believe that I am as against this system as some are for the system. Perhaps for the same reasons even.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 17-06-2004 at 23:34. Reason: my fingers can't type at all
Old 17-06-2004, 23:34   #135
Gimme some sugar!

why does this rep. system bother you so much? try to have fun with it or just ignore it
Old 17-06-2004, 23:37   #136
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
why does this rep. system bother you so much?
I listed a lot of reasons why And I am ignoring it as much as I possibly can. I don't post posts with the system in mind. I post in here because opinions and suggestions were allowed. And I believe they still are, so thats why I post in here still.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 23:39   #137
Участник

teeny, why do you take this system so seriouslty? Like Veggie said, just have fun with it. Collecting points can be like collecting stamps! And giving points can be a way of letting a person know you appretiate his/her post.
Old 17-06-2004, 23:45   #138
you'll need love

Quote:
Collecting points can be like collecting stamps!
well.. I don't collect stamps either I mean.. who is to tell if one stamp is worth more than another? kidding with that one
I'll stick to telling people instead. Thats the idea of a discussing forum I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-06-2004, 23:46   #139
pie crust

*Giggles* Collecting stamps
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 17-06-2004, 23:47   #140
Gimme some sugar!

Quote:
teeny, why do you take this system so seriouslty? Like Veggie said, just have fun with it. Collecting points can be like collecting stamps!
yeah!

Quote:
And giving points can be a way of letting a person know you appretiate his/her post.
i think this sums up it's purpose perfectly
ReplyPost New Thread