Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Reputation and Reputation power

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-06-2004, 15:40   #181
we shout

okay .. will do ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 22-06-2004, 15:40   #182
winter days ...

great, i do some work for a change and miss out on the fun and deleted posts

guys seriously ... chill out. its a forum, we are adults ... hopefully mature ones. our mods and admins will find a solution, but i agree, only mods and admins should decide, not h-members too ...
Old 22-06-2004, 15:57   #183
pie crust

Quote:
h-members
What are h-members?

I think the whole discussion is crazy. If you decrease a member's reputation (Hah, I actually wrote "population" in the beginning ) I don't think it should be as revenge because they lowered yours, but because they have done something really bad/immature/whatever.

I missed the whole fight in the fanfic thread, but later Amino told me about it on msn and I logged onto Tatysite to check what was going on, thankfully forre had already saved the situation before it got too bad.

So let's not be immature here, people. We keep talking about problems about the reputation system, but forget to realise that it's our fault that there even are problems!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 22-06-2004, 16:03   #184
Primetime Anchor

QueenBee, Honorary members.

You sound like Mother Teresa sometimes, dear Queenie. Appreciated! We are trying to solve the current problem here. Praying for the losts is a good thing but it won't solve the problem. We are adults of course but all have bad days and not all of us are able to have a good control over own actions.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 22-06-2004, 16:04   #185
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
What are h-members?
h-members are the ones in yellow, you have the list here:
http://forum.tatysite.net/showgroups.php?

Being one i obviously can't give my opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 22-06-2004, 16:14   #186
winter days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku

i disagree. i feel everyone should be able to give their opinion, but that final decisions should lay with the members who moderate and administer the forum -- after theyve taken into account what members think and duly consulted amongst themselves about what the best course of action is when dealing with any given situation.
Old 22-06-2004, 17:05   #187
you'll need love

Quote:
Sure you can. You can always give your opinions Otherwise being a h-member isn't a good thing if it limits you in any way. Go ahead, haku
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 22-06-2004, 17:27   #188
pie crust

Quote:
You sound like Mother Teresa sometimes, dear Queenie.
Thanks! I think...

Thanks for the info about honorary members, Haku and Forre, I'm so late - didn't realise what they were until now.

So everything can't be perfect all the time, let's hope we work this out in a good way.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 22-06-2004, 17:55   #189
iMod

rosh, teeny, when i said i couldn't give my opinion, i was talking specifically about the status of h-members.

I said earlier that in the light or recent events i think it's probably better to disable the decrease function for regular members and leave it only for mods and admins. As for h-members, that's not for me to decide.

All i can say is that i don't think any of the h-members would misuse the system. As far as i know, none of them has even used the decrease function yet, when "some" other members have used it just to pick at each other.
But i also understand why other members think that leaving this "power" to h-members would be unjustified and illegitimate.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-06-2004, 18:10   #190
you'll need love

actually I don't even know what h-members can do that normal members can't. Just figured giving out warnings wasn't a part of the honor. If it is one of the things now, then it should be included in case of a changed system, I think.

If the system is going to be exclusive for some members, which I think is a good idea, could bad rep amount be a constant factor regardless of who gives out the points? Especially if it's to be used as a minor warning system.
Cos if I was to report a post I thought might need a second look I would hesitate to get for instance, qb, to do it, cos she bad credit from her could make a lot of members hit zero really fast And name only used to give an example. Anyway.. it shouldn't matter what member was contacted in case of bad rep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 22-06-2004 at 18:13. Reason: no food makes spelling go crazy
Old 22-06-2004, 18:16   #191
Primetime Anchor

Bad reputation is a good tool instead of warnings. 3 warnings give a ban normally but 3 rep. decreases won't do the same but serve as indication that the attitudes or behaviour is not that popular. Clear cases like direct offence for instance. It's not that hard. Noramlly mods say "come on behave", etc. The rep. dec. shouldn't be given anonymously either or the fact hidden from another mods/members so the person won't get rep. dec. several times for one and the same thing as it happened with denial.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-06-2004, 18:25   #192
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
Just figured giving out warnings wasn't a part of the honor.
No, h-members can't give warnings, and i don't think they should, it should remain the mods' prerogative.

Quote:
actually I don't even know what h-members can do that normal members can't.
h-members have more power over the threads they have created (they can move them to another forum, close them, that kind of thing.)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-06-2004, 18:49   #193
you'll need love

Quote:
h-members have more power over the threads they have created (they can move them to another forum, close them, that kind of thing.)
ahh.. cool.. thank you for clearing that up
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 22-06-2004, 22:59   #194
Участник

teeny, most of the honorary members have been since the beginning of "TatySite.net" time. You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you? But then again, it's not like the situation in which I will see fit to decrease some's reputation will ever happen, cuz we are all sensible people here.
Old 23-06-2004, 00:30   #195
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you?
Wouldn't mind being given a warning from a lot of people actually. But thats not the question. The question is who should be able to do so. And since warnings at the moment is restricted to mods and admins I think thats the way it should be. Unless mods are tired of mod job and would like more members to be handing out warnings (or bad reputation).
In case bad rep is to be used instead of warnings (seems like I said that a few times already hehe) it would be a good thing for those allowed to do so to tell to the other members who got the bad rep and why. If all give bad rep for the same situation it would be hitting hard. So figured the mod forum could be the place to post. And don't think h-members can go in there now?

Actually I already stated my opinion in the matter a few times, so no need for me to repeat myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 23-06-2004, 01:12   #196
Участник

teeny,
Quote:
And since warnings at the moment is restricted to mods and admins
Not exactly. Aghm.
Old 23-06-2004, 05:09   #197
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
teeny, most of the honorary members have been since the beginning of "TatySite.net" time. You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you? But then again, it's not like the situation in which I will see fit to decrease some's reputation will ever happen, cuz we are all sensible people here.
So Kate ..all the Golden Stars have the right to give Warnings to other members ?...was ityou were saying ?....So ...in such case, what is the different betwwen your "status" and the Mod's "status" , please?....just to understand...Thanks....
Old 23-06-2004, 05:30   #198
Primetime Anchor

Warnings can be given by mods and admins only. Rep. can be decreased by h-members too. Those are two different things. Mods can do lots of editing/moving, etc. H-members can perform those action in their own threads only. Why not to try the system and see if it works or not? Experiencia est optima magistra.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 23-06-2004 at 05:58.
Old 23-06-2004, 06:10   #199
Участник

sunwalk, Olga is right. I just help Igor with warnings and other stuff a lot, so I am an exception to the rules, if you will. Let's leave it at that. I don't mind if Igor decides to reserve the decreasing of reputation for mods and admins, partly because it's not like I'll even decrease anyone's reputation (so it doesn't make a difference whther I'm able to or not), and partly because I'm pretty sure Igor won't change the reputation sytem by giving the rights only to mods and admins.

To top it all off, every member on this forum has a right to give out warnings to their friends and stuff. In real life, do we have moderators? Do we need to go to a police office to ask them to ask your friend to avoid doing something bad? In my opinion everyone is equally qualified to give out warnings. We are a community, and mods are the same as every except that they can edit the threads. I used to appoint mods when I was an admin so they'll help me keep the forum clean. "Genitors" of a sort. No offense.

Last edited by Kate; 23-06-2004 at 06:24.
Old 23-06-2004, 06:46   #200
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Thanks a lot for those explainations , Kate
ReplyPost New Thread