Just read a headline on Yahoo news as 'Tatu demands Blair apologise for war'

The actual headline?

Tutu demands Blair apologise for war

<sigh> There's no hope for me...
~~~~~~~~~~~
You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear
Old 16-02-2004, 14:28   #2
winter days ...

LenochkaO i think we are all just a lil obssessed [either with the girls, the concept, the music, their rise, their fall, their ... next move ?

so i guess there is not much hope for any of us =) hehe
Old 16-02-2004, 16:11   #3
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
LenochkaO, that sounds like me
last latin lesson I couldnt stop grinning cause a latin word had tatu somewhere in it ;p everythime we came across it I giggled like a goof...yap..definitly obsessed
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^
Old 16-02-2004, 16:12   #4
pie crust

Hahaha At first I didn't even notice you said "Tutu".. I was like
But now I get it.. I guess I'm still too obsessed.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 17-02-2004, 03:46   #5
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
haha funny thread

i'm still obsessed but it's not as before...the disenchantment settled in and the obsession is less feverish, also due to academics and other responsibilities that don't afford time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 17-02-2004, 05:28   #6
заичонок

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
haha funny thread

i'm still obsessed but it's not as before...the disenchantment settled in and the obsession is less feverish, also due to academics and other responsibilities that don't afford time.
That's almost exactly the same situation as the one in which I find myself, Lux. I feel quite sad about it, because it was this time last year that I was so excited about Tatu and their music. I never had much in the way of illusions about them, but the constant farcical scandals have worn away their charm to a great degree. I had hoped that they might pick themselves up and set to work on the new album in earnest after the Tokyo Dome concerts, but a "new" new release still seems a remote prospect.

I'm now really into Franz Ferdinand, but in a completely different way to that in which I was (still am, to some extent) a Tatu fan. I'd never felt about any group the way I felt about Tatu, and I sensed that this might be my only opportunity to be obsessed about a group. I'm glad I experienced it and I'm sad that it seems to be over, but all good things have to come to an end. It's a pity that Tatu's seems to be so close at hand. Still, dum spiro, spero (which I think roughly translates as "Where there's life, there's hope").
~~~~~~~~~~~
You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear
Old 17-02-2004, 06:01   #7
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally posted by LenochkaO
That's almost exactly the same situation as the one in which I find myself, Lux. I feel quite sad about it, because it was this time last year that I was so excited about Tatu and their music. I never had much in the way of illusions about them, but the constant farcical scandals have worn away their charm to a great degree. I had hoped that they might pick themselves up and set to work on the new album in earnest after the Tokyo Dome concerts, but a "new" new release still seems a remote prospect.

I'm now really into Franz Ferdinand, but in a completely different way to that in which I was (still am, to some extent) a Tatu fan. I'd never felt about any group the way I felt about Tatu, and I sensed that this might be my only opportunity to be obsessed about a group. I'm glad I experienced it and I'm sad that it seems to be over, but all good things have to come to an end. It's a pity that Tatu's seems to be so close at hand. Still, dum spiro, spero (which I think roughly translates as "Where there's life, there's hope").
me too, about this time last year was the first time i'd heard of tatu..and then the situation exploded. i've been really into artists before, but not like tatu. it's been a storm, completely overpowering at times. i'm not glad that it's changed, and i don't know if it will change back. i'm sorry it seems to be ending for you, and that you're sad. it's not ending for me .. but it's very changed. i will probably never experience this kind of feverish obsession again, at least not with a pop group. what they started out with, music, image, etc hit really close to home. not to mention i'm still insanely attracted to yulia, i just think of her as any other straight girl. ha. ha.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 17-02-2004, 06:56   #8
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
i'm still insanely attracted to yulia, i just think of her as any other straight girl. ha. ha.
same here
and yes i never feel like this b4 for a band/group. but somehow tATu bring lotta positive side into mylife. and for the obsession, i take it as an adventure. light up my life
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 19-02-2004, 00:33   #9
a kind of fresh madness

I totally understand what you guys are saying. I feel really sad that now the magic of tATu is almost dead to me.
I have an addictive personality - there always has to be something or someone in the forefront of my mind, something or someone to base my daily existance around, or else my life just feels empty (sad, I know). When tATu first caught my eye back in December 2002, I knew I had found something worth keeping an eye on. When I first saw them on TOTP performing 'ATTSS' 2 months later I fell in love with Julia and the rest is history.
2003 was a really rough and shitty year for me. But sometimes now, when I sit and listen to '200 KM/PH' I wish I was back there and going through it all again. Cos last year may have been shit for me, but I had something that I believed in and got me through it all. Now I don't have that belief anymore and I don't have anything to get me through.
I'm listening to '200 KM/PH' right now and it makes me feel really, really sad - like something inside me has died. It's my own fault for getting so involved but, as I'm sure you all appreciate, it sucks to see something you once loved become something you hate.
I'm being too dramatic, I know. Once again I'll blame the drink for that. I won't ever forget tATu - I know that. Whatever they may mean to me now, for 12 months of my life (and a very important 12 months at that!) they meant everything to me and that's what I need to keep hold of.
That's what we all need to keep hold of.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 19-02-2004, 01:06   #10
I don't waste my time

I totally understand what you're saying,
Mossopp. I also need stuff to keep me going. If you took my music and my movies away from me, I'd probably get really depressed.
Anyways, concerning tATu... I'll never forget them as well. The music, the unknown russian culture, the project, the scandals, all this atmosphere... It's very interesting. I want to work in show business (for me show biz is our society's most cruel mirror), so analyzing the tATu phenomena has been an amazing and rich experience. It helped me understand even better how hypocrite and self-destructive our society really is.
So, even if the girls are sell-outs, I got admit that whenever I hear their music, I get that "a new era has come" feeling, and it's awesome. Fake, but brilliant.
Old 19-02-2004, 02:51   #11
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
Still too obsessed...

Quote:
Originally posted by LenochkaO
Just read a headline on Yahoo news as 'Tatu demands Blair apologise for war'

The actual headline?

Tutu demands Blair apologise for war

<sigh> There's no hope for me...
just recall mine, i called my friend ruivelle with 'tu' which suppose w/ 'ru'.
it happens many times and obviously annoyin her
tATu in my head, tATu in my head ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 19-02-2004, 02:53   #12
pie crust

Quote:
tATu in my head, tATu in my head ..
Tatu in my bed, Tatu in my bed, Tatu in my bed..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 19-02-2004, 06:24   #13
kis$ it

what happened to that thread? "you know you're obsessed with tatu when..." man are there some crazies out there

today my professor said "tattoo" and i didnt take it as the meaning, only paying attention to what it sounds, "tatu"...got all confused and then laughed
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 19-02-2004, 12:44   #14
Just say maybe

I still care a lot for this band. They mattered. They promised transcendence, and did so with exceptional charisma.

I'm not sure about the present time. I can't pretend I've any interest in analysing whether Shapovalov will remain their manager or not. Ultimately, I don't care who their manager is, only what the girls are doing.

Maybe they will be able to return with a powerful set of songs, and will be able to convincingly resucitate their powerful, commendable message. Maybe not. I want to believe, and a small part of me does.

I invested a lot in t.A.T.u., so it does hurt to see them flailing. I'm sick of attractive, beautiful ideas ending in either elegant or inelegant failure.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 20-02-2004, 05:46   #15
kis$ it

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Violence
I'm sick of attractive, beautiful ideas ending in either elegant or inelegant failure.
i agree, going to quote ^
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 22-02-2004, 20:06   #16

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
today my professor said "tattoo" and i didnt take it as the meaning, only paying attention to what it sounds, "tatu"...got all confused and then laughed
Join the club! (happens all the time. )
ReplyPost New Thread