Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 1)

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 19-10-2004, 08:05   #61
My Waking Hour

Kerry's only chance is if all the undecided voters are swayed his way...so fat chance for you boys and girls.
even Putin endorses Bush and you better prepare to drink another sorrow cup, you unbelievers.

After Putin's statement, I endorse Bush as well. Go go go, the president!
The world will be a safer place with GW for a second term. If Kerry is elected we'll have another 9/11 and you know it ( am I flip-flopping? )

( oh, Marylin Manson also endorses Bush - and the whole Church of Satan for that matter ).

Old 19-10-2004, 08:29   #62
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Putin endorses Bush
I read that article, and Putin didn't endore Bush at all. He even said that Russia always was and always will dissaprove the war in Iraq. Putin just said that terrorists will get out of control if Bish doesn't get re-elected (aren't they already?), but we don't yet know how Kerry will deal with the terrorists.

Old 19-10-2004, 08:46   #63
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
After less then a week of being in the lead by 1%, Kerry is now behind again, with Bush's approval at 52% and his at 44% according to the CNN poll. This is beyond ridiculous!! Seems like Americans didn't watch those debates at all!
Or that they choose differently than you. Which is one of the beautiful things about democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
And as far as I remember, despite this being a musical forum you discussed The Chechnian War, fire-arms, social problems... all of these variety of topics yourself as well.
Because those things concern me. And IIRC I didn't start those threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.

Old 19-10-2004, 09:35   #64
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxi
Which is one of the beautiful things about democracy.
A Bush supporter, are we? Have you killed any innocent children in Iraq for oil lately? Joking. Ignore me.

Old 19-10-2004, 11:45   #65
My Waking Hour

Quote:
MOSCOW, Oct. 18 - President Vladimir V. Putin said Monday that international terrorists in Iraq hoped their attacks would unseat President Bush in the election next month, and that such an outcome might embolden their efforts and lead to more terrorist acts.

Mr. Putin spoke at a news conference at a regional meeting in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. A transcript was provided here by the Kremlin. He was asked how the war in Iraq would influence the election, and which candidate - President Bush or Senator John Kerry - would be better for him personally.

Mr. Putin's answers were oblique. He quickly pointed out that Russia opposed the war in Iraq and that "today our views with President Bush differ significantly on this question."

But then he presented an opinion he had not publicly expressed before, saying, "The attacks of international terrorism in Iraq are directed today not only and not so much against the international coalition forces as against President Bush personally," and that terrorists have "the goal of preventing Bush's election.''

He later said, darkly, "We must understand that in this case this will give international terrorism an added impulse in their activities, will give them additional strength and may lead to their growing activity in the various regions of the world."

Iraq has been plagued since last year by attacks from insurgents of various nationalities, faiths, ethnicities and insurgent groups. They are generally not thought to be alike in their thinking or ambitions, although American officials have said they have detected signs of collaboration among some of them.

Mr. Putin, who lumped the attacks under one label, offered no support for his claim to know their goals.

Although he said that "we, without a doubt will respect any choice of the American people," the sum of his comments was regarded here as a signal that he preferred Mr. Bush.

"This is the hidden message, but not very well hidden," said Masha Lipman, a political analyst at the Carnegie Moscow Center.

She described Mr. Putin's remarks as "odd," but said they might naturally reflect his satisfaction with his personal relationship with Mr. Bush, which both men have characterized as comfortable.
Yeah, he didn't endorse Bush, just said that terrorists will be "safer" under Kerry, when security has been the number one issue to decide these elections.

Old 19-10-2004, 11:50   #66
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
A Bush supporter, are we?
What a great knee-jerk reaction.

Personally I don't give a rat's anus about who wins. Iraq? One wants to keep troops there for a long time, other one wants to increase their numbers. Palestine? One gives Sharon unconditional support, other one is for giving Sharon unconditional support. Oh yes, such fundamental differences.

Quote:
Have you killed any innocent children in Iraq for oil lately? Joking. Ignore me.
Yes, just before lunch. the little fcuker wouldn't want to give up his can of gasoline so I shot him. That will teach those stupid IRaqis a lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.

Old 19-10-2004, 11:56   #67
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Luxxi how does the Chechnian War concern you MORE then the US elections?

Old 19-10-2004, 11:59   #68
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Luxxi how does the Chechnian War concern you MORE then the US elections?
1. Closer
2. More empathy
3. There is a small possibility I can influence events there
4. That war is part of my diploma thesis

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-10-2004, 13:43   #69
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
1. Closer
2. More empathy
3. There is a small possibility I can influence events there
4. That war is part of my diploma thesis

Lol... I see your point but still...

1. Closer... still VERY far and VERY unsignificant to Slovenia AND the EU. In that respect USA id ECONOMICALY and SOCIALY much closer to us then Chechnya.

2. More emphaty? I feel equaly emphatic to all the people too all people, though. As do many.

3. Really? Now you got me wondering

4. Fair enough. Still... some people like discuss general topics that influence world events even if it's NOT their diploma thesis.

Old 19-10-2004, 14:17   #70
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Lol... I see your point but still...
That's why I put it in the middle of room. so everybody can see it.

Quote:
1. Closer... still VERY far and VERY unsignificant to Slovenia AND the EU. In that respect USA id ECONOMICALY and SOCIALY much closer to us then Chechnya.
Perhaps.

Quote:
2. More emphaty? I feel equaly emphatic to all the people too all people, though. As do many.
But did several thousand die due to US elections?

Quote:
3. Really? Now you got me wondering
You can put pressure on country to stop slaughtering people. You can't put pressure on country to elect somebody (or at least you shouldn't)

Quote:
4. Fair enough. Still... some people like discuss general topics that influence world events even if it's NOT their diploma thesis.
But increasingly this is about US.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-10-2004, 20:14   #71
Участник

luxxi, if you don't want to discuss US elections, and would rather discuss Chechnya, create a thread about it and I'm sure you'll find people who are interested and will join you. Don't ruin this thread for others, please.

Old 19-10-2004, 21:29   #72
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
But did several thousand die due to US elections?
Millions might, indirectly.

Quote:
You can put pressure on country to stop slaughtering people. You can't put pressure on country to elect somebody (or at least you shouldn't)
YOU will put the pressure on them?

Old 19-10-2004, 22:44   #73
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Millions might, indirectly.
How?

Quote:
YOU will put the pressure on them?
Not me. Well, I might burn another Russian flag but that's another story. No, what I said was one can put pressure on countries to stop slaughtering people. One can't and shouldn't put pressure on country how to vote.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-10-2004, 23:38   #74
Участник

Quote:
How?
If Bush gets elected, American will continue to invade other countries for it's own benefit. The terrorism wasn't so out of control before the whole Iraq thing.

Plus, we are not putting pressure on anyone. We're just discussing. Please, change the tone you write your messages in, cuz you're ruining the atmosphere.

Old 20-10-2004, 00:03   #75
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
If Bush gets elected, American will continue to invade other countries for it's own benefit. The terrorism wasn't so out of control before the whole Iraq thing.
Dead from terrorist attacks in this century don't go over 5.000 mark.

Dead from US wars in this century don't go over 100.000 (and probably not over 50.000 either).

Barring use of nukes I doubt any war US launches in next 4 years will top 100.000 dead. And that is well short of millions

Quote:
Plus, we are not putting pressure on anyone. We're just discussing.
Did I say you are putting pressure on people? If so where?

Quote:
Please, change the tone you write your messages in, cuz you're ruining the atmosphere.
What tone? I merely pointed out that it's amusing how non-americans debate Us elections. then you people were all over me like I made Yulia pregnant.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 20-10-2004, 00:37   #76
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
At least Bush has made his mistakes and learned something. Kerry may go on over again. There's no guarantee that Kerry's line will be cleaner. Me - I don't trust Kerry a piece. Just a feeling. At this point I think Bush will be a better choice for the rest of the world.

To all:
Normally hot issues cause hot debates but there's no need to insult neither each other nor the involved countries. Try to conduct the discussion on a more impersonal leve, please.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 20-10-2004, 00:39   #77
Участник

luxxi, so basically a million people should die before you oppose Bush? Because the people and children who got killed as of today don't have families, people that love them, that care about them and so on, is that what you're saying? Terrorism needs to be fought, but US had no right to invade Iraq. Iraqi war was for oil, Bush mentioned invading it even before he became president.

Like Kerry said during the second debate, "The world is more dangerous today because the president didn't make the right judgments. [...] The goal of the sanctions was not to remove Saddam Hussein, it was to remove the weapons of mass destruction. [...] [Saddam Hussein] didn't have weapons of mass destruction. That was the objective. And if we'd used smart diplomacy, we could have saved $200 billion and an invasion of Iraq. And right now, Osama bin Laden might be in jail or dead. That's the war against terror."

Well said, Senator Kerry. God bless him, and may this smart man win the US elections.

P.S. I agree that the world in better off without Saddam Hussein. But this is not the kind of thinking that leads to peace. The world will be better off without many people, should we start a war on every country whose leader we will be better off without? I don't think so, because in the process innocent people loose their lives. Kerry is right, deplomacy is how things should be settled. We call ourselves civilised as human beings, and we should act accordingly and not rush to war when out left buttock tells us to.

forre, obviously, you didn't watch the Presidential debates. I recommend you do that.

Old 20-10-2004, 00:56   #78
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
forre, obviously, you didn't watch the Presidential debates. I recommend you do that.
Oh well, actually I do but I don't buy all so-called populistic crap that both candidates come with. To turn the question about Iraq's war over to the matter that for those money Usama could be cought is merely populistic and nothing more. Terrorism is not about one person only, it's a whole system. Then, most of the TV-watchers catch some bright phrases and go with them. So we'll see how it will turn. I cared last elections as I thought Al Gore was a better choice, this time I do not care a lot as it's a game of choosing between two devils.

P.S. Kate, keep your recommendations on what I shoudl watch and shouldn't for yourself, please.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Old 20-10-2004, 00:59   #79
Участник

forre, I didn't get the point of your post. Can you rephrase or something?

I didn't mean to offend you by recommending you to watch the debates... you just seem to be a bit out of touch with the facts, that's all.

Old 20-10-2004, 01:12   #80
Primetime Anchor

Sure,
Quote:
The goal of the sanctions was not to remove Saddam Hussein, it was to remove the weapons of mass destruction. [...] [Saddam Hussein] didn't have weapons of mass destruction. That was the objective. And if we'd used smart diplomacy, we could have saved $200 billion and an invasion of Iraq. And right now, Osama bin Laden might be in jail or dead. That's the war against terror."
Here, he speaks about the war that wasn't necessary in that scale that took place. That is not important. The important thing for the TV-watchers is that the country could have saved 200 billion bucks to catch Usama. It's how the phrase is interpreted in the mind. So we have WAR - > 200billions -> Usama. Those are the key words. Bush could come with the counter phrase as "to spend 200 billion bucks on a project of catching one person is irresponsible. It's like throwing money for probably nothing". Etc. So at this point we see that Kerry's argument is empty in itself but it may work on the voters as it seems have worked on some of you. It's was a good strategy to gather some points from Kerry's side.

I know you didn't mean to offend me, it's just an example to show that it's easy to get over to a personal level without making a point.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Closed ThreadPost New Thread