Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Tatu in Podnebesnaya. Releases from 14.02.04 and 15.02.04. [aka Eps. 9 & 10]

Old 16-02-2004, 11:27   #61
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
It's one thing to see your translations copied somewhere else, and another thing to see your work systematically ridiculed on another forum. I can understand that katbeidar got tired to see people say that her translations were not good, biased, and manipulated to make Tatu look bad. If her translations were *that* bad, why were people copying them in the first place?
And if someone does not agree with a translation, the best approach is to write another complete version, instead of pointing out line by line the "misinterpretations" in someone else's work and appear like a "teacher" correcting a "child".

And of course that person from another Russian site copying Tatysite's articles without giving proper credit was probably the final straw.
Just wanted to say that I apprecited katbeidar's translations However it was hard not to have noticed all the things mentioned in the above post....
This is why I come to this site for the news and the discussions

Old 16-02-2004, 11:29   #62
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
Rob, NVNBNP and Nichya are not good enough songs to be hits like ATTSS. And who's stating his opinion as fact now?
Dear katbeidar, You read my post? - it starts with "Sorry" which indicates here that I'm presenting my opinion.
Quote:
Sorry, but both NVNB and Nich'ya are great songs.
Have a nice day.

Old 16-02-2004, 11:47   #63
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
I really like Nich'ya
Quote:
Originally posted by RowerB
I can listen to NVNBNP on repeat and never tire of it.
I whole-heartedly agree with both statements. Both songs are inventive, clever and beautifully sung - one heart-breakingly tender and poignant, the other full of energy, strength and defiance. The lyrics are stunning.

They just make me long for - more more more!

*off to listen to both of them now*

xena225

Old 16-02-2004, 18:28   #64
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
it IS convenient that manski happened to be there when all this took place. maybe he stays around just because things like this ARE supposed to happen..
sueing ivan for breach of contract how? how has be breached the contract with details not many ppl are familiar with? i think all of this is in line with the reality show. what would they be doing if this wasn't going on? OH right. staring at yulia walking around half nekkid.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 16-02-2004, 23:41   #65
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Ummm... I'm late as usual lol Well... And I can't give the full report this time... I missed most of the Saturday episode for some reason... and on Sunday i also couldn't watch it attentively enough. So here's the short update for ya.

From small fragments I was able to catch on Saturday, it seems Ivan is in real shit now. He's about to loose not only TATU but Neformat as well... He didn't seem like a person who's able to even understand what's going on. 2 hours before the meeting at Neformat office where he wasn't even allowed to be, he was sitting in his flat talking to his friend who was invited to the meeting... the talk was about money Ivan needed to find to pay girls... the guy seemed really lost.

When that friend of Ivan leaft the room where meeting took place... he said that tho most of the things everyone was saying were thruth... it wasn't fair not to invite Ivan... and it wasn't fair to leave him now, when he really began to do recording and reality show... that it would be more fair to leave him before that... when he was really doing nothing.

Then Ivan's talk with Roman Trahtenberg - scandalous radio DJ and host of 'I bet u will' - like show on MUZ-TV was shown. Roman was quite exited saying how clever Ivan was creating such a project from nothing almost... and that Ivan was the main character there and other parts of the project (girls included) could be changed. Ivan only said: 'Changed? Not... I don't see TATU with different girls... what for?' Once again he looked kinda pathetic.

Sunday episode was mostly about Pasha (Y's bf) and how he wanted to meet Van Dam and how they met him and the guy was just talking about his new movie lol Some discussion between Mansky, Ivan and Co was shown... they were discussing what's going to be next... how could they continue reality show if 2 soloists were gone. And what they could do to get girls back... what they could promise and offer... that thay could promise things would be different from now on. Ivan was keeping silience most of the time. Like for him everything was over already.... or he hoped it wasn't but didn't know what to do.

Rest of the show was other russian stars talking about TATU... Mansky asked them what they felt about the fact TATU was over... many said it was a pity... that it was the first project in Russia making real international money... that without TATU L&Y won't achieve much... they don't have enough charisma to be solo. Boris Moiseev (gay icon and a friend of TATU) said that if they split, it would be very stupid of them... that they have so many things to do still... that both girls are damn talented and can really sing... TATU is a whole... if u take any part off... it would be like cutting his arm or ear and then send to the stage to perform. And everyone said 'F*ck the war' tour was a brilliant idea.

Oh yeah... and some old footage was shown... from about a year ago... when TATU were in USA. Ivan was sitting in some cafe and talking to the camera... he was saying that girls aren't real artist still... that they are artistic on stage... but they don't know how to behave in life... and real artist needs both abilities. He said it was his fault... he opened the backdoor for girls to this world of show-business... they didn't have to break-through themselves... so they didn't have any experience. And he hoped they'll learn this in future.
Some Interscope guys were talking... mansky asked them how much TATU costed at the moment... one said they were priceless... as any artist and music in general... second was more concrete... he said TATU costed 50 000$ for one evening plus album sales. And they both agreed that TATU has great future if they will work hard and make a tour. Coz the talent was there.

So... latest episodes were kinda sad... especially due to the contrast between 'feb 2004' footage and what was happening a year ago in USA when everyone had fun and everything was ok.

Old 16-02-2004, 23:51   #66
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
sunnypoison - thank you very much.

i agree with ivan! the girls have little experience as performers, much less artists. they don't have enough charisma to go solo, how true. shaps in some deep sh*t now, how will he get himself out of this? ... the drama continues
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 16-02-2004, 23:54   #67
the truth is out there...

thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
Sunday episode was mostly about Pasha (Y's bf) and how he wanted to meet Van Dam and how they met him and the guy was just talking about his new movie lol
Is that the actor from those really bad action movies? Is he like Pashas idol or something?! Oh my

Old 17-02-2004, 00:18   #68
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Is he like Pashas idol or something?! Oh my
Well, it's pretty obvious, Pasha looks like a dumb jock

Old 17-02-2004, 00:36   #69
Участник

Thanks for the report, sunny!

Old 17-02-2004, 00:38   #70
viva la scientology!

Quote:
I sincerely hope she remains in the music business, even if it is for singing Slavic folk covers.
Something's better than nothing!

Yes, it is sad how the worst-case scenario appears to have become reality. And though I love to think about the old days, just as they were about to break into the West, it's unnerving to see how much they could of done, but failed. What hurts is that "Tatu" was a great idea... imagery, sexuality, music and performance... maybe if it was in better hands, it could of survived.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 17-02-2004, 00:42   #71
My Waking Hour

Wasted by clashing egos and the love of money. Shap lost the plot ever since he demanded his stupid "total control over the project". Soon he'll have control over nothing...

Old 17-02-2004, 00:43   #72
pie crust

Maybe the perfect group was just an illusion.. Maybe it was all about the money from the very beginning.. or at least when Ivan found out he could make big bucks on Tatu. Maybe it was about experimenting with reactions and society and life itself.

Maybe life is just an illusion?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 17-02-2004, 00:49   #73
viva la scientology!

QueenBee,
trying to pull that Matrix stuff on us?

Yes, maybe it was about money from the start. All projects are, to a certain degree, because they need money to survive and continue recording. Also, bands often lose money on tour, not make it. But when Tatu was a team - Ivan, Kiper, Polienko... whoever... it seemed more creative and exciting. There was an energy. Recently, it's just become predictable and at times laughable.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 17-02-2004, 00:49   #74
Участник

thank you sunny poison for the report!

Old 17-02-2004, 00:50   #75
My Waking Hour

That's Imagination

"Could it be that it's just an illusion putting me back in all this confusion?"

hey, common on guys. NVNV was heard in the whole of Europe, PD was in the Russian charts 1.5 years ago...these are the new songs Tatu will base their newly-founded success on?

I think I heard a demo of PD in english? The song wouldn't work in English.

Nichya is good, no doubt. But it's just one song, not three. and is it hit material? It's not better than Show me Love or Stars...

Last edited by spyretto; 17-02-2004 at 00:58.

Old 17-02-2004, 00:52   #76
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
well... first of all BOTH girls want to continue their singing careers... and they don't mind doing it together. At least it looks so. They don't want Shap anymore. But if Ivan looses not only TATU but Neformat as well... then girls can even save their name and just keep working with another producer. It seems Ivan is public enemy N1 now... for everyone. But even he still has the chance. Y&L and ppl around them aren't fools. they realise TATU was and still is their only chance. May be this whole thing is just the way to shake Ivan and return him back to reality.

And may be TATU are over and we'll never hear about any of them anymore. Hell knows... Let's wait.

Old 17-02-2004, 00:56   #77
My Waking Hour

Well, sunny I sincerely hope so...but with all of Yulia's problems and her unwillingness to give 100%??

It looks a long shot...

Old 17-02-2004, 00:57   #78
Участник

Continue their musical carreer...I hope they do...

Old 17-02-2004, 01:01   #79
the truth is out there...

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
[b]Well, sunny I sincerely hope so...but with all of Yulia's problems and her unwillingness to give 100%??
pasha should hook up with van damme the action hero, they would make a cute couple and Yulia could focus on recording the album

Old 17-02-2004, 01:02   #80
Участник

I don't know how to get out my frustration with Tatu anymore! They start to really, really bug me with their publicity seeking stunts and scandals! I should join a boxing club or something. I am so "aaarrrrggggghh" right now. I desparately need something to punch. Preferablly Shapovalov.