Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-07-2010, 10:55   #901
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
I'd love to hear OBezyanka Nol from ony Yulia.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 27-07-2010, 20:06   #902
Trust no1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
She has no choice. She doesn't have copyrights, Renskij has. Therefore she would have to pay him for performance rights. This is certainly not an option for Yulya.
This goes some way towards explaining the recent petulant outburst by Yulia. Sort of "If I can't do them, nobody can".

For Lena, though, it makes perfect sense for her to do Tatu songs. Like anyone else who has left a band to go solo, she wants to take some of the old songs with her, to let people know who she is and to help make a decent length set list. Most artists striking out on their own won't have enough of their own songs to begin with, so either have to use songs from their old band, or do covers.

So why not wait until they have enough of their own songs? Because it would mean a long wait before Lena and band could get an album out and get on the road. This might be fine for Yulia, who has turned "keeping the fans waiting" into an art form, but Lena, Renski and the band obviously want to keep the momentum going. Despite what some people have said, they have written and recorded several new songs quite quickly and have started live performances as soon as they had enough songs.

Of course the thing with the Tatu songs, is that Lena is performing some songs that Tatu never did live, so I don't see the problem with that. Mind you, I can see Yulia's annoyance at Lena doing Running Blind, as that was practically a Yulia solo song on the album. In fact I think the only songs Lena does, that were performed by Tatu, are NGGU and ATTSS, and since they are the "big hits" that everyone knows, it would be stupid not to do them.

I have to admit that I find the Tatu fans' attitude of "they can only be performed by both the girls together" ludicrous. Ozzy does old Sabbath songs, Sting does old Police songs, Robert Plant does old Zep songs, Paul Rodgers does old Free songs, Slash does old G'N'R songs. Why should Tatu be any different?
Old 28-07-2010, 07:48   #903
Участник

http://photo.lena-music.org/displayi...217&fullsize=1
Old 28-07-2010, 08:55   #904
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
This goes some way towards explaining the recent petulant outburst by Yulia. Sort of "If I can't do them, nobody can".

For Lena, though, it makes perfect sense for her to do Tatu songs. Like anyone else who has left a band to go solo, she wants to take some of the old songs with her, to let people know who she is and to help make a decent length set list. Most artists striking out on their own won't have enough of their own songs to begin with, so either have to use songs from their old band, or do covers.

So why not wait until they have enough of their own songs? Because it would mean a long wait before Lena and band could get an album out and get on the road. This might be fine for Yulia, who has turned "keeping the fans waiting" into an art form, but Lena, Renski and the band obviously want to keep the momentum going. Despite what some people have said, they have written and recorded several new songs quite quickly and have started live performances as soon as they had enough songs.

Of course the thing with the Tatu songs, is that Lena is performing some songs that Tatu never did live, so I don't see the problem with that. Mind you, I can see Yulia's annoyance at Lena doing Running Blind, as that was practically a Yulia solo song on the album. In fact I think the only songs Lena does, that were performed by Tatu, are NGGU and ATTSS, and since they are the "big hits" that everyone knows, it would be stupid not to do them.

I have to admit that I find the Tatu fans' attitude of "they can only be performed by both the girls together" ludicrous. Ozzy does old Sabbath songs, Sting does old Police songs, Robert Plant does old Zep songs, Paul Rodgers does old Free songs, Slash does old G'N'R songs. Why should Tatu be any different?
Dot dot dot. No. - The entire point is that Lena is not t.A.T.u., if she wants people to know who she is - the woman needs to get her ass out to more than one gig a month and actually perform quality songs that will get her recognized. In the amount of time they have had, good songs and a lack of them should not be a problem. They should be plenty of music to establish a full on show. And correction - it is Renski that has for the past four years been the entire problem with things being produced and released on time, Yulia plays no part in that aspect of t.A.T.u. | In addition, I don't know where you've come up with "Running Blind" being an almost exclusive Yulia track, considering Lena sang the verses throughout the entire thing. 220, now that's a different story. The fact that NGGU and ATTSS are big hits is exactly why it's stupid to perform them. She's not establishing her own sound, she's establishing herself as a piece of washed up early 2000's pop music. Newsflash: Nobody cares. - And t.A.T.u. is different because all of the bands and artists you've listed below have produced multiple albums of decent or better quality that brings in fans by themselves, the older music is just a treat. In Lena's case it's the entire main course.
Old 28-07-2010, 15:23   #905
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
"Running Blind"
I think we can all agree that Yulia is outstanding in Running Blind and Lena’s bits are no more than tedious preludes to the good stuff.
Old 28-07-2010, 17:21   #906
Martian Eyes

Quote:
The entire point is that Lena is not t.A.T.u....
the woman needs to get her ass out to more than one gig a month...
actually perform quality songs...
In the amount of time they have had, good songs and a lack of them should not be a problem.
Renski ... been the entire problem with things being produced and released on time
The fact that NGGU and ATTSS are big hits is exactly why it's stupid to perform them.
She's not establishing her own sound
she's establishing herself as a piece of washed up early 2000's pop music
Newsflash: Nobody cares.
...artists you've listed below have produced multiple albums of decent or better quality that brings in fans by themselves
In Lena's case it's the entire main course.
Summary ---> wow, point after point

Just to add: I wouldn't mind if Lena sang some tatu songs, but doing the "best of tatu" from three albums, 2/3 of the performance, and here and there a few new ones, which sound older than the demo tapes of the first album, and not at least as creative as the worst product written for tatu, makes the whole project pathetic. Change is urgently needed. This is a barrel burst.
Old 30-07-2010, 10:12   #907
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
copy paste from russiian side. New video
(pls translate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impat View Post
Немного слухов:
28 июля начинаются съемки дебютного клипа проекта экс-солистки дуэта t.A.T.u. - "Lena Katina" на трек "HoldHate"!
Более года прошло с момента начала записи альбома Лены и вот, наконец, она решила порадовать публику долгожданным релизом.
Съемки пройдут в три дня в Лос-Анджелесе. Скорее всего, релиз видео будет приурочен к сольному концерту Лены в Сан-Франциско 17 сентября.
Также, почти готов материал для дебютного альбома проекта "Lena Katina". Он будет состоять из 14 треков, несколько из них Лена исполнила на своих выступлениях. Выход альбома "Marvellous Rustle" ожидается в конце этого года.
Как сообщает Intermedia, со ссылкой на пресс-атташе группы Евгению Воеводину, в конце лета начнется международная пиар-кампания проекта.
Нам остается только ждать "Изумительного Шелеста" и изумительных песен от бывшей солистки всемирно известного дуэта t.A.T.u.
Источниик
Troys tweets:
Quote:
_Christina_M_: You guys are doing a music video this week, or is it just a rumor?

TroyMaccubbin: Mmmmmmmm maybe
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 30-07-2010, 17:26   #908
Участник

So...
-28th July- the shooting for her first video begins for the track "HoldHate"
-Shooting will take place in L.A. over 3 days
-The release of the video is scheduled during a concert on September 17th
-All the material is almost ready for the release
-There will be 14 tracks- her band members performed in some songs (idk if they mean play instruments or sing)
-The album is called "Marvelous Rustle"
-At the end of the summer an international PR campaign will begin for Lena according to Zhenya
Old 31-07-2010, 12:00   #909
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
The name HoldHate is not so promising to me. It's probably something like IRS, probably a little better.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 01-08-2010, 15:47   #910
Trust no1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
Quote:
I never said she was, nor did any one else.

Quote:
She can do as many or as few gigs as she wants to. What you want is irrelevant.

Quote:
She does. They are good pop/rock songs, and while they may not set the world on fire, I think a lot of people will like them.

Quote:
In the amount of time they have had, good songs and a lack of them should not be a problem.
Writing songs is easy, writing good songs is more difficult. The end result has got to be something people will want to listen to over time.

Quote:
Renski ... been the entire problem with things being produced and released on time
I don't know the internal workings of Lena's management, so I can't comment. However things seem to be moving along quickly enough, as far as I can see.

Quote:
The fact that NGGU and ATTSS are big hits is exactly why it's stupid to perform them.
No, the fact that they are the big hits is exactly why Lena should perform them. I hope you never go into band management, as you don't seem to have grasped the way things are done. Remember the idea is to make money, and therefore you compromise - do what you want to do, and what the fans want to hear/see.

Quote:
Oh for goodness sake that's exactly what she is doing.

Quote:
Rubbish.

Quote:
No, you don't care, which is why I wonder why you are still here.

In Lena's case, she only has one album, and that hasn't even been released yet. What do you expect her to do - oh that's right, do a concert comprising of new songs nobody's heard yet. Yes, that's going to be successful

Quote:
Just to add: I wouldn't mind if Lena sang some tatu songs, but doing the "best of tatu" from three albums, 2/3 of the performance, and here and there a few new ones, which sound older than the demo tapes of the first album, and not at least as creative as the worst product written for tatu, makes the whole project pathetic. Change is urgently needed. This is a barrel burst.
OK, let's look at her set list for The Troubadour:

Running Blind - Tatu - Never performed live before
Fly on the Wall - Tatu - Never performed live before
ATTSS - Tatu
World - New
Craving - Tatu - Never performed live before
Cosmos - Tatu
HSIN - Smith's Cover
IRS - New
Just A Day - New
Lost In Love - New
Show Me Love - Tatu
So Not Cool - New
Stay - New
30 Minutes - Tatu
NGGU - Tatu

Tatu - 8 - 3 of which Tatu never performed
New - 6
Cover - 1

I think that's reasonable for someone starting out as a solo performer, after the previous band imploded.

I don't really want to get into tedious arguments about this, it's just that I think everyone should give Lena a chance to establish herself before condemning her as useless, when she hasn't even released her first solo album.
Old 01-08-2010, 18:04   #911
Ну заяц, погоди!

Totally agree with everything mulder said. Nothing to add.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:11   #912
Участник

^ Me too.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:28   #913
Участник

It's a pity, I really love most all your comments, Mulder
Quote:
I never said she was, nor did any one else.
Yeah, You're right, You never said that. But Sometimes seems that Somepeople thinks so.

Quote:
Of course, She can do as many gigs as she want to (rather they want to) But it's not correct to this new project. Why? Beacuse they just be to using image of t.A.T.u. and not Lena K. project.

Quote:
She does. They are good pop/rock songs, and while they may not set the world on fire, I think a lot of people will like them.
Maybe you want to say They are good pop songs but I don't see any good song there, I mean what is a good song? I would say that A good song is a work of art or a hit. (Though that Pop's world it should be more a hit). Maybe we got to have a different point of view.

Quote:
Writing songs is easy, writing good songs is more difficult. The end result has got to be something people will want to listen to over time.
Yeah wiriting good songs is more difficult. it seems that it's too hard to do for them.

Quote:
I don't know the internal workings of Lena's management, so I can't comment. However things seem to be moving along quickly enough, as far as I can see.
Moving along quickly?. I don't think so, I still remember when they just finished the third album for the project t.A.T.u. We do not get it until much later. It seems that it is too difficult for them to release a album. Creating music has never been problem for them. They used to get it from other artists. So I wouldn't say that Things seem to be moving along quickly, Right now it's too wrong to say that.

Quote:
No, the fact that they are the big hits is exactly why Lena should perform them. I hope you never go into band management, as you don't seem to have grasped the way things are done. Remember the idea is to make money, and therefore you compromise - do what you want to do, and what the fans want to hear/see.
It's a new thing to me, Lena is playing to be t.A.T.u. then she shouldn't make a new project. Because if fans want to hear just t.A.T.u. then her solo project is done.

Quote:
Wrong if You would see it from my view, that's exactly what they are doing. (Renski, Staff of t.A.T.u., maybe the band except lena)

Quote:
In Lena's case, she only has one album, and that hasn't even been released yet. What do you expect her to do - oh that's right, do a concert comprising of new songs nobody's heard yet. Yes, that's going to be successful
No more concerts? They should be making a new video, new promotion and They really need to finish their album. Then they would make better concerts with the music from this new project.

Quote:

ATTSS - Tatu
World - New
Cosmos - Tatu
HSIN - Smith's Cover
IRS - New
Just A Day - New
Lost In Love - New
Show Me Love - Tatu
So Not Cool - New
Stay - New
30 Minutes - Tatu
NGGU - Tatu

New - 6
Cover - 1
Anyway this is music from t.A.T.u. project even if there's not a live performe of them. Not Lena Project. So you think that's reasonable have more music from other projects that their music? No Mulder that's no reasonable. You can have music from other projects on your concerts but that should be a extra thing.

Quote:
I don't really want to get into tedious arguments about this, it's just that I think everyone should give Lena a chance to establish herself before condemning her as useless, when she hasn't even released her first solo album.
Anyone really can give Lena a chance if they really think that she is making good things but example I don't see good things on this project. But I won't close my mind about that. If they start to make new things and that're good things, I will give her a chance.
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"

Last edited by Edgar; 02-08-2010 at 17:04.
Old 02-08-2010, 13:08   #914
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
The result is not irrelevant. A stuttering project may not work anywhere. Matter of opinion of course!(until time tells...)
Quote:
Writing songs is easy, writing good songs is more difficult.
If a team is talented they can write a good song in a reasonable amount of time. That's the very purpose of a music project. Well, you can prove me wrong anytime. For at least two years the team knows that tatu is over and that they have to create something for the Katina project. Time enough for two or three songs with hit potential. My hope is still that they didn't reveal their best ones, but honestly, I don't see a reason for that.
Quote:
I hope you never go into band management, as you don't seem to have grasped the way things are done. Remember the idea is to make money...
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to keep away. Anyway, in full approval of your profound knowledge of the music business I dare to bet that this will soon bring your project to the end of the line. I can't remember a manager trying to make money with his project before he has a solid package, with a clear profile, some good songs and a well developed unique sound. You can tell me that you can build a house from the roof down to the basement, but I won't believe until I have seen it.

About the tatu songs in her concerts: There is (in principle) nothing to say against Lena using them in her concert. The tricky point is the choice and the amount. She can use any of the third album, it's practically not released outside Russia and therefore can even be treated as if the songs were written for Lena. To some degree the same goes for the second album, if she leaves the hit song(s) alone. Hardly anybody outside the tatu community will recognize that it's not genuinely Katina. The songs of the first album ARE known and exactly that can cause trouble. The tatu songs she performs are all considerably "better" than her own new songs (you may of course see the quality of the new songs different, but that's my own impression, and not only mine), even the best ones simply can't compete, they go under. Professional people, who know the origin of the songs, will immediately recognize this and come to the conclusion that the entire project is based on tatu's creative work alone, and you won't get support from them, which is the last thing you want to achieve (seen from the viewpoint of an incompetent never will be band manager).

Seeing that the gigs had much to do with tatu fan service, I would nevertheless choose less songs from the tatu past and at least partly avoid the top hits because of too much competition for my own new songs. I think somewhat smaller gigs or some covers of other artists' work are no bad alternatives.
Quote:
We have to see Katina different from a typical band in it's embryo stage. A local group soon has it's 200 fans going to their concerts and giving their support, they have local media behind them and they can mostly get some friend of the local music business. Good chances for development. Even with some big mistakes they can build their project over time and at some time may become successful.

With a foreign project, where the main figure doesn't live at the point, where they start and develop the business, it's different. The option of slowly developing the project is way too expensive and your time in the foreign country is limited. I see no other way than have the right package complete and launch with a good amount of noise. Veni - vidi - vici, if everything goes well. Not knowing the huge American scene I can't remember an artist working outside the USA, English being not his first language, and working slowly to the top or at least to some point of common recognition. I can't imagine this can ever work outside your home country.

My biggest concern is the image. I will never understand why they dropped the idea from the beginning, this unusual style from the start of her own website, I guess everybody loved it. It's something different and it feeds your imagination. You can develop (almost) anything on top of that, you are not limited as it was with the tatu image. But we got Lena clothed as boring as possible, with blue gloves (oh my God, what a great idea - making strange hand moves with blue gloves - a genius who made this up!). Of course there are some acts who can live with the image of the girl next door, but unfortunately next door is more than 10.000 miles away, and therefore not a credible image.

Add to this weak image and style a girl with anything but a firm voice, no self-assuredness nor individuality in appearance, no new song with hit potential, a sound which doesn't stand out (so that people immediately identify and see apart from other groups), no message (in songs, appearances, media releases, interviews etc...) whatsoever, the highlights being the oldest hits from the former group, nothing what defines a clear and assertive Lena Katina profile, which can be sold, and you are satisfied with the development over two years of working on the project? In my old-fashioned dilettante view of showbiz I don't see a pivot for an international career with prospect, not without considerable changes.

I want to see a successful Lena Katina (at least to a reasonable degree) and not a project which stumbles from fiasco to fiasco, as the tatu project did since 2007. It's no fun to see a project you follow with interest and sympathy either be ignored or ridiculed everytime someone writes an article.
Old 02-08-2010, 16:31   #915
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post

And, Argos, I hope I'm wrong, then. I hope I'm wrong about others, too, like little_polar_bear. It seems like Lena's doomed just because Renski with her. Because all you do is critisize Lena - not wisely, but spitefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
...artists you've listed below have produced multiple albums of decent or better quality that brings in fans by themselves
In Lena's case it's the entire main course.
That's not spite. - The fact that she has only DONE two performances first off, is a major flaw. Second - t.A.T.u. music, at least, well known t.A.T.u. music - should not be a part of the Lena Katina project.
Old 02-08-2010, 16:57   #916
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:

Correction. What you believe is irrelevant. You do not establish a brand or a name by doing the least number of shows possible - something t.A.T.u. and anyone involved with Renski is known for. Whether you believe this or not, it is truth.

Quote:

A lot of people like Craving, Gomenasai, Snegopady and many other t.A.T.u. songs. But, they're only known for All The Things She Said or possibly Not Gonna Get us. The songs that set the world on fire.

Quote:
Exactly? - Don't write music if you don't write good music. End of the story.

Quote:
Two shows. Possible album release. - A decent progress for the album maybe, but for Lena's brand. No way. She doesn't even have a following past 200 loyal fans that would purchase her album.

Quote:
Aha! The fact that you, who is blatantly ignoring every important aspect of band management, have the audacity to tell me how to properly do it is probably the most amusing thing on the interwebz to date. | The idea for Renski is to make money - while appearing overly creative of course. As a newcomer trying to establish her own sound, Lena should not be performing any t.A.T.u. music - especially the hits. t.A.T.u. is not Lena Katina, that is the sole purpose of why she is now a solo artist. So please inform me why t.A.T.u. discography is still a part of her setlist? This is the Lena Katina Solo Project, not the Lena Katina Cover Band. - And I'm sorry, but you're an idiot if you think she has any fans outside the t.A.T.u. network. Nobody even knows who she is other than the random people that still remember her name from Milwaukee's Pridefest. It's not like there are millions of people eagerly awaiting Lena Katina's new record. If Renski and Lena's goal is to please current fans, they can kiss new ones outside of the t.A.T.u. spectrum goodbye - because they will never increase their fan base like this.

Quote:
No, it is not. She has some of her own material yes. But it is only being recognized because she is flaunting herself as a former part of t.A.T.u. - You cannot work both ends of the street. You cannot establish your own sound while retaining your image as a former t.A.T.u. member.

Quote:
Rubbish.
All The Things She Said - Released: August 18, 2002
Not Gonna Get Us - Released: May 5, 2003

Sounds like early 2000's pop music to me. The facts do not lie.

Quote:
No, you don't care, which is why I wonder why you are still here.
I am hear to preach truth to people that would otherwise be swept away in this wave of bullshit you're torching out faster than even the Republic party is capable of doing.

Quote:
Case and point - you have no idea what you are talking about. The reason an artist puts on more than one show a month is because they are promoting their music. In Lena's case, it would be prudent to play good music in clubs around L.A. and other cities in order to circulate her brand and her new music. While many people may not know her live music at first, it's safe to say that even fewer people will actually purchase the album containing this music if they do not know it in the first place. And in case you didn't notice, t.A.T.u. was a bit of a failure for the most part - why do the exact same thing with the exception of Yulia being absent. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Quote:

ATTSS - Tatu
World - New
Cosmos - Tatu
HSIN - Smith's Cover
IRS - New
Just A Day - New
Lost In Love - New
Show Me Love - Tatu
So Not Cool - New
Stay - New
30 Minutes - Tatu
NGGU - Tatu

New - 6
Cover - 1

I think that's reasonable for someone starting out as a solo performer, after the previous band imploded.
This is the part of the discussion where I honestly do not know why I'm even bothering to reply to your nonsense. Look at what is bold up above. All of that is t.A.T.u. music, whether it was performed live or not, it is not Lena Katina. And out of those 9 songs, six of them were songs that were performed by t.A.T.u. - that is an issue. I do not count HSIN as a cover because it was in fact recorded and released on their album. It is a t.A.T.u. song when Lena Katina performs it. I doubt she could even tell you who the original artist is.

Quote:
Then don't spew your rubbish as anything other than rubbish. There is no reason this project should be operating the way it currently is. I think Lena should actually give herself a chance as Lena and not a former part of t.A.T.u. - maybe then people wouldn't condemn her as "useless".
Old 02-08-2010, 17:34   #917
M

Quote:
That's not spite. - The fact that she has only DONE two performances first off, is a major flaw. Second - t.A.T.u. music, at least, well known t.A.T.u. music - should not be a part of the Lena Katina project.
Why? Many solo artist perform old band stuff later. Why Lena cant?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-08-2010, 17:38   #918
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
Why? Many solo artist perform old band stuff later. Why Lena cant?
Because. You're missing the entire point that Lena should be establishing herself as Lena Katina. Nobody is saying she should completely abandon all t.A.T.u. material. But eight songs of t.A.T.u. in her entire setlist? Seriously? No former band member does that injustice to their former band.
Old 02-08-2010, 20:16   #919
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Offtop:
And What? it was her decision to be with him then that's her fault. But I really think that Nobody here does is critisize Lena by that. Even I should say that We do is critisize her by her own limitations (aleast me)
What I said was: they critisize because of that. I never mentiones Lena was with him because she was forced to -- it doesn't really matter to me.

Quote:
It's spite because Lena's the silly, untalented one; she's repetitive and seems like rooted on stage, she's got nothing going for her, she's ought to thank Yulia for talking sh*t about her, bla bla bla.

That's not related to her live performances.

Quote:
Offtop:

I don't know what you mean exactly. Aileen and I explained with many arguments and without personal insults toward Lena, what we think about the Katina project and how they handle certain critical points without being mean. If I remember correctly, lately I was even more 'spiteful' towards Yulya than her.
Offtop:

Arguments? You're both baised on opinions. Facts are different from guesses, you know that. Don't try to sell your takes on these girls lives as truth.

Without being mean?

Let's see...

Quote:
Uhm, can't say that she had to. She gets noticed anyway and everybody talks about her, even without lips, parties and other dramas. Lets make a resumé:

Lena is working hard and lets every fan know it, has an own webpage, she does diary entries, video blogs, lets musicians tweet, releases a song on the webpage, has two full concerts, six new songs, announces the release time of the debut album, the shooting of a video...and nobody in Russia takes notice.

Yulya on the other hand has nothing like that to offer. She drops her lover and everybody knows, comes home with a glass of herbals, and everybody knows, her new friend kisses her on the belly-button and everybody knows, and finally she mocks at her former partner, and people notice for the first time that Lena is doing something. Actually Lena should thank her for doing promotion for the Katina project!
And, also: http://forum.tatysite.net/showpost.p...&postcount=936

It's all here. You're sarcastic towards the whole situation... Which can only be powered by your spite towards Katina.

Quote:
That's of course not spiteful, but wisely critisizing Yulya. May it be that you are a bit biased, even a little bit blind on one eye?
Ah, come one. I was shocked by the selfdestruction of Yulia AND her suddenly coward and traitor behavior. I reacted like that, but I don't hate Yulia and only wish her the best.

And thanks for the compliments.
Old 02-08-2010, 21:05   #920
M

Quote:
Because. You're missing the entire point that Lena should be establishing herself as Lena Katina. Nobody is saying she should completely abandon all t.A.T.u. material. But eight songs of t.A.T.u. in her entire setlist? Seriously? No former band member does that injustice to their former band.
Shes new. She doesn't have enough material. She got shows. What she is supposed to perform if the album material is not ready? Although I agree covering other artists than tatu would be more favorable option.
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread