Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Fanfic - More Than Bargained For

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-12-2003, 06:47   #1
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Fanfic - More Than Bargained For

Hi everyone! Well, I never thought this would happen, but I actually decided to write my own fic. Before I share anything though, I would like to say a few things. 1) I am not a fast writer so if you do like it, *please* bare with me as far as updates go. I can only dream of having the speed that Parrish has. 2) This is my first attempt *ever* at writing anything like this so keep that in mind while reading if some things don't make sense. 3) The biggest THANK YOU I can scream to Parrish because if it were not for her, I would have never even thought of sharing this or continuing it for that matter. Parrish, you have no idea how much I look up to you.

Oh yeah, and of course I don't own Lena or Yulia, but I do own the dogs so if you want to borrow them for any reason, just let me know.

MORE THAN BARGAINED FOR

Chapter 1

“Now arriving at gate 2, flight 1004” Lena heard announced over the loud speaker at the International Airport. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt with her long red curly hair pulled back and hidden under a baseball hat, she definitely stood out in the crowd consisting mainly of business people in fancy suits.

Lena stood awkwardly at the lobby of the gate holding a sign that said “VOLKOVA” while she waited for the foreign exchange student to arrive. Since the Katinas lived in a somewhat remote part of the country where the closest neighbor is a half mile away, her family thought it would be a good idea for her to be around a girl her own age for a change instead of being outside all day long with just the animals as company and occasionally socializing with her older brother, Alex.

Hearing someone talk what sounded like Russian on a cell phone, Lena turned around, getting the first glimpse at who she presumed would be her family’s guest. Seeing the short, black haired girl walking in high heels and wearing an outfit that looked like it cost more than her entire wardrobe, the look on Lena’s face fell into a look of disbelief. Oh please, please, please let there be another Russian talking teenage girl on that plane. Please don’t make me spend the *entire* year with Miss Priss.

You have got to be kidding me. Their driver needs a *serious* makeover and pronto.
Yulia thought when she first laid eyes on the girl holding the sign with her name on it.

“Hi. You must be the Katina’s driver. I have five bags you need to pick up. Come on. We need to hurry so none of these low-lifes tries to steal my luggage.” Yulia said in a disgusted tone.

Kill me now. “Excuse me? Driver? No, I’m Lena, their daughter.” Lena said while extending her hand.

“Daughter?” Yulia said as her bright blue eyes widened and looked at the extended hand as if it was a shirt that was out of style.

“Yes. I am Lena Katina. Mom and Dad had to work today so they sent me to come pick you up. You must be Yulia.”

Continuing to stare at the offered hand, Yulia answered, “Yes, I am Yulia. I’m used to getting picked up by a driver.”

Realizing that Yulia obviously was not going to shake her hand, Lena responded “Okay. Well, we better hurry up so we can try and beat some of the crowd. It’s going to be crazy trying to get out of here.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did I agree to this again? Lena thought as she partly dragged, partly carried four of Yulia’s five bags, Yulia of course taking the smallest one.

“Well, this is it. This is my baby.” Lena said with pride as they approached her blue 2002 Jeep Cherokee. Just as Lena was getting in the driver’s side, she noticed that Yulia was still standing at the passenger door.

Giving Lena an annoyed look, Yulia said “Aren’t you going to open the door for me?” as she stomped her foot.

Oh hell no. That’s it. Lena got out of her seat and quickly walked over to Yulia’s side. “Okay, let’s get a couple things straight. One, I am *not* the Katina’s personal chauffeur so you can get over that act real fast. Two, I am not your personal servant either. You’re lucky I was nice enough to carry your very heavy luggage to the car. And lastly, we are going to have to spend the entire year together so let’s treat each other as *equals* not inferiors. Got it? Good. Now let’s go.”

What a bitch. Yulia thought as she reluctantly got into the passenger’s side.

This is going to be a long year. Lena thought as she sighed and prepared for the long, silent car ride home.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)
Old 29-12-2003, 06:51   #2
Yearning

Chapter 2

“Home sweet home” Lena said as she turned into her driveway. “We have about 40 beautiful acres of land, mostly forest as you can see. There’s a nice field by the pond where Rebel, my beagle, can most likely be found. He can’t seem to stay away from those field mice.” Lena said with a smile on her face.

“Mice? You have mice here?! What is this, a pig sty?!?” Yulia said, alarmed.

“No. It’s called Mother Nature.” Lena said in an annoyed tone. Then with an evil glint in her eye, Lena said “We have lots of animals here so if you don’t like something as small as a mouse, then you’re in for a real trip” as they pulled up to the house.

The Katina’s house was quite nice for the area. It was a two story log cabin complete with a chimney, decorated inside as a typical country home with various wolf, black bear, deer, and raccoon nick-knacks spread out all throughout the cabin giving it a wilderness feel.

“My brother’s room is down at the end of the hall. It’s a disaster area so don’t even try to go in there unless you’re ready to go through an obstacle course. The spare room that we did have has been turned into an office so you’ll be staying in my room.” Lena said.

“I have to share! I don’t even get my own room? You’re joking, right?” Yulia asked in disbelief.

“Does it look like I’m kidding? Come on. At least we each have our own beds. I get the bottom bunk so I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

As they walked into Lena’s room, Yulia stopped abruptly and said, “Wow. Obsess much?”

Lena’s room was covered in “The Crocodile Hunter” memorabilia. She had posters, the calendar, talking figurines, book, even the bobbing head Steve doll. Not to mention all the crocodile, alligator, and snake figurines and stuffed animals along the various shelves.

“You mean Steve Irwin? Oh my gosh he’s the ultimate man! I would *love* to visit his zoo in Australia. Oh and that Australian accent! Could he have a sexier voice? Not to mention all the work he’s done for animal conservation. He’s just awesome!” Lena rambled enthusiastically.

“Okay, okay. I get it. You’re a--AHHH!!! What the hell is that?!” Yulia screamed as she leaped back out the door.

“That is Stevo, my pet ball python. Wanna see?” Lena said as she reached into the cage.

“NO!!! Keep the bloody thing in the cage. In the cage!” Yulia screeched.

“Oh come on. He’s not going to hurt you. He won’t bite. Well, not that hard anyway.” Lena said.

“NO! Are you crazy?!” Yulia said in high-pitched voice.

“Alright, alright. We’ll save the introduction until later then.” Lena said. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to the family dogs.”

-------

Just as Lena was about to introduce Yulia to Gabby, the husky/Dalmatian mix, Mrs. Katina walked in the door.

“Hi! You must be Yulia. I hope Lena has made you feel welcome. We are so happy to have you here for the year.” Mrs. Katina said.

“It’s nice to meet your Mrs. Katina. Thank you for having me.” Yulia said as she extended her hand.

Oh *now* she decides to be friendly and suddenly has manners. Lena thought.

“Well girls I have some great news! I’ve arranged for you to have a two week long camping trip up at the national park. That way you can get to know each other a little better.” Mrs. Katina said.

At the word ‘camping’ the color drained from Yulia’s face and it looked as if she was going to faint.

“Yulia, are you okay? You look really pale.” Mrs. Katina asked with concern.

“Fine? Oh, of course I’m fine. Just dandy. Yep, no problem with me whatsoever. I’m perfect.” Yulia replied desperately trying to be polite to this woman yet at the same time trying to fight the urge to strangle her. Great. Two weeks outdoors with no cell phone, running water, no civilization!! And with Miss wanna be alligator hunter or whatever the hell that’s called!!

Joy. Two weeks with Miss Priss. Hmm, this could turn out to be a very funny couple of weeks for me. Oh yeah. I’m going to have some fun.
Lena thought as she laughed to herself. Lots of fun.

I would greatly appreciate *any* feedback. Even if you want to say it sucks, go ahead and say it, just please tell me why. So do you all want me to continue?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 29-12-2003, 07:05   #3
Участник

i think it's great!! seems like it'll be a fun fic to read. i can't wait to see what comes next

amikana
Old 29-12-2003, 08:28   #4
keep 'em guessing

i'm lovin this!
i smiled straight thru both chaps.
well done.

please continue.
Old 29-12-2003, 13:04   #5
Участник

it's really cool>>i want to know what's going to happen next

very very great dare2dream28
Old 29-12-2003, 14:34   #6
Участник

Yeah, what they all said!

Like I told you before, you get Lena's and Yulia's personalities established very well in a short period of time.

And it's funny! So many lines in this fic made me smile and laugh, I've told you several already. Another one is when Yulia freaks over the python, and Lena says he won't bite...not that hard, anyway. I giggled rather hard at that. Your character Lena thinks that is reassuring. But to your Yulia, it certainly *isn't*. LOL.

Keep up the great work!

Parrish
Old 29-12-2003, 18:05   #7
daydreamer

Wow!
This is going to be a very very fun fanfic, i have to stop to laugh at several parts! :d and everything is so well described i got the idea perfectly of everything in the house, lena and yulia's attitudes, everything!
And i love lena's personality...she seems so easygoing...I can't wait to see more of this fanfic dare...You are doing a great work here!!

For you
~~~~~~~~~~~
[COLOR= "blue"]Hope is for those who still believe in dreams...[/color]

things are getting desperate
when all the boys can't be men
everybody knows i'm her friend
everybody knows i'm her man
Old 29-12-2003, 20:35   #8
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Ooooooh man...I can't wait to see where this one goes! I imagine they're going to have a *lot* of fun together.

But seriously, this is definitely very good, especially for your first fic. And it definitely sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride! So, of course, now you get my patented favorite phrase: YOU ROCK!
Old 29-12-2003, 21:10   #9
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
dare2dream28

this fic is AWESOME.....
cnt wait for the nxt chap....
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 30-12-2003, 00:45   #10
Gimme some sugar!

this is great. it so funny
pls continue
Old 30-12-2003, 04:35   #11
Yearning

*majorily blushes* Wow! Thanks everyone for all the compliments! You have *no* idea how surprised I am and that gives me a lot more confidence to post more chapters.

amikana---I plan on having some more funny moments in the future. *evil grin*

guesshoo---I'm glad I could make you smile.

happy777---Next post is an update so you don't have to wait too long!

Parrish---I can't thank you enough and I am really honored that you posted in my thread!!!

samegirl---Wow! My first rose!! Thank you so much!

rivierakid---My first "YOU ROCK"! I am totally flattered.

warx---I'm glad you like it so far.

$in---I'm glad you find this funny! Just wait for some other funny situations I have up my sleeve.

I can't thank you all enough again for posting feedback. It really helps and is one heck of an encouragement!!! You guys rock!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-12-2003, 04:38   #12
Yearning

Chapter 3

“So where is this brother of yours?” Yulia asked.

“He’s at work. He’s gone most of the time so if you do see him, it will probably be just on a ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ basis.” Lena answered.

“What does your dad do?” Yulia inquired.

“If I told you, I’d have to kill you.” Lena said with a smirk on her face.

“You are weird.” Yulia said.

“You haven’t seen weird yet.” Lena mumbled as she made her way upstairs to her room.

“Can I assume that you’ve never been camping before?” Lena said.

“Why on earth would I go out in the woods of all places, away from civilization, to just get all smelly, sticky, and oh yeah, did I mention smelly?” Yulia answered sarcastically.

“Okay I get the picture. Well, since I’m the nice person that I am—do *not* comment—I will give you some tips. 1) Always listen to what I have to say. 2) Listen to me and 3) Did I mention listen to me?” Lena remarked.

“I’m going to start packing and I suggest you do the same. Only bring what *you* can carry. None of this ‘thy am holier than thou so thou shall carry my luggage’ crap on this trip. Here’s a list of what you should bring.” Lena said as she walked out of the room.

“Yeah right. Like I’m going to listen to that arrogant bitch.” Yulia said as she tore up the list and threw it in the trash can. “I’ll show her who’s boss.”

-------------

“Rise and shine Prissy. Rise and shine.” Lena said as she turned on the light.

“Rise? It’s 5 freaken o’clock in the morning! No one should be up this early” Yulia mumbled as she rolled over.

“What the—AHHHHH!!!!!!! What the hell are you doing you crazy messed up bitch?!” Yulia shrieked as she was violently pulled from the bed.

“I *told* you to get up! You just chose to do it the hard way. Now MOVE!” Lena said.

“Breakfast is on the table. At least get something to eat before we go. Matter of fact, why don’t you get a little something extra to eat. You could gain some weight. You’re practically skin and bones.” Lena said.

“I’m fine just the way I am thank you very much!” Yulia said as she stomped off to the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later as Yulia came down the stairs Lena said “Finally! I was about to send a search party for you!”

“Ha_ha. That’s the last decent shower I’m going to have for two weeks so bite me.” Yulia said.

“You two all set?” Mrs. Katina asked as she came into the kitchen.

“I’m ready. Don’t know about Miss Priss over there.” Lena said.

“I *do* have a name, you know.” Yulia said. “And yes, I’m ready too. Well, ready as I’ll ever be anyway.”

-----

“Alright so I’ll pick you girls up at our spot in two weeks. Lena, are you sure you have a map?” Mrs. Katina said.

“Yes, Mom I’m sure. You don’t have to worry about me. Can’t say the same for Prissy, but don’t worry, I’ll have her back in one piece, or at least as many pieces of her that I can find after this if she brakes a nail and dies.” Lena said, causing Yulia to give her an evil glare.

“Well you two have fun. And for goodness sakes Lena, please don’t freak her out with your animal tricks. We don’t want to send her back to Russia scarred for life.” Mrs. Katina said. “Bye girls. Be safe.”

“If you try one trick, so help me I will make this year a living hell for you.” Yulia warned.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be nice.” Lena assured. For now.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-12-2003, 05:08   #13
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
HA!!! camping....i really really like this fic...its fun!!! kip it coming...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 30-12-2003, 07:14   #14
Участник

this is very good!! I laughed a lot while reading it, please continue
Old 30-12-2003, 15:58   #15
Gimme some sugar!

this is gonna be so fun
cnt wait
Old 30-12-2003, 16:01   #16
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
very good! I love how you portray Lena and Yulia. *grins* your a great writer *smile*
the trip is gonna be soo much fun
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^
Old 30-12-2003, 21:26   #17
keep 'em guessing

wow, those two sure do get along well!
Old 30-12-2003, 22:08   #18
Участник

This is fun!
Old 30-12-2003, 22:55   #19
What Do U Think??!!

Send a message via MSN to Ann t..A.T.u.
this fic rocks so nice to have a new view in the fic world keep it up
~~~~~~~~~~~
m.a.y.b.e. member

m.a.y.b.e. - Members Against You Being Evaluated
Old 31-12-2003, 03:37   #20
Yearning

warx---Yep, this is going to be one heck of a camping trip so I hope you enjoy it.

tatu_rocks---Hopefully you'll laugh again in the chapters to come.

$in---This is going to be so fun for Lena...now for Yulia, well, we'll just have to find out.

Lena410---Thanks so much for the compliment!!!! That made me smile.

guesshoo---Yeah, they are just the best of friends. LOL

prostrel---Glad you're enjoying it!

Ann t..A.T.u.---Glad you like it!

Thanks everyone again for reading and leaving feedback! It's greatly appreciated! For all of you:
~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread