Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Ideologic differences: Terrorism

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-05-2004, 03:01   #41
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollparts3000
. . .
A man got his head cut off on t.v. for fuck sake! He didn't even get a trial and he wasn't even a soldiers!!! He was an innocent civilian.
They cut off your hands for stealing there.
Arabs have ripped Christians and jews apart in the street with their bare hands. (That Christian masacre)
It is legally acceptable to stone women to death.
A person can be kidnapped and put in prison for no reason.
A woman who only looks at another man while married may be stoned to death.
His family can be tortured for no reason
A family can strap their kid down to the table (legally) and genitally mutilate her without and drugs.
In Iraq, there were legal rape rooms where women and children were raped.
There are numerous other tortures performed there like drowning where an arabic guard in prison shoved a hose down a prisoners throat and drowned him.
The fatwa for Jihad calls for the death of all non-muslims including non-religious muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindu's etc. etc. It is in the Koran.
The Koran encourages muslims to seek out the death of all non-muslims however there are moderate muslims who don't take this part of the Koran so seriously. I know some moderate muslims who aren't hateful but they are aware that the Koran calls for such an act. If you don't believe me, type: Jihad and Koran or Quaran in google.com

If Shapalov is trying to promote terrorism, he is a loser and a sick fuck
Tatu had something positive to say.
This is just sick and disgusting.
Dollparts3000, you are one awesome young lady. You've done your homework and I really am enlightened by your words. The U.S. soldiers made a terrible mistake and justice will be served but nothing I have read can be compared with the horror of taking an innocent young man and cutting his head off in the name of Allah. God forbid! Their glory is the world's shame. If the nation of Iraq would seize this opportunity they could become one of the most prosperous and successful countries in the Middle East. Even from a pragmatist point of views, how many countries would offer their conquered foes the opportunity to establish their own Government with elected officials from their own populace? Within the rules of engagement, the U.S, has conquered Iraq. If we chose to, we could subjugate their people and exploit all of their natural resources and send the money home to the U.S. Does it seem strange to any of the enemies of the U.S. that we don't do just that? If we are truly as evil as the propaganda would have us all believe, why wouldn't we just take everything that we want. Why do we work to re-establish a new government capable of managing their own affairs. Look at Germany, Japan, South Korea and other countries of the world that have benefitted from their own sovereignty by working together with the U.S. instead of against us. I do believe there were noble reasons why we stepped into Iraq when we did. At one time, Iraq had the third most powerful Army in the world under Saddam Hussiem. Only one problem, Saddam had the character profile of another Hitler coming into history. History will never reveal the "Hitlers" that we have prevented by proactively removing them from influence. It only records the ones we missed.
Old 19-05-2004, 04:16   #42
Mujahedin

Send a message via ICQ to Dent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
I don't know if you guys are being serious, but this really hurts. America is where I was born and bred. I have been given a good life and because of that I love my country. I hate no country and wish no country harm. How can all of you be so hateful?
can i answer that question just before we get closed?

First of all sorry, im among the US hater dudes so if u want to treat this as a "Insight of a hate mind", well u may treat, so if i somehow offend you, sorry. But also think the other side too, Arabs also dont like to have them generalized and called evil and mean people, the scum of the unverse, because of the action of small groups and the government that controls them.

I will tell my opinion based on facts that i saw and lived.

What happens is that the why of the generalization of the hate occurs because of your government, right, but ALSO because of your society. Not in a general, but most of the people and unfortunatelly thats what will count. The way they think towards other nations, the way they treat foreigners, this all increases the hate to your people.

But that happens on all places right. But most of it are like 'isolated cases' something like 1 or 2 in 10 will think like that. But for me, what happened was the opposite. When i had the chance to go there and see how they are, so i could stop with some of my hates, it just increased even more! The way i was treated it is to be forgotten but even a cockcroach has a better treatment. So as for me, i hate the kind of people i found there for a personal reason. But also for political reasons.
Youre mostly hated because of your actuation on foreign countries, some of that actuation that your country shouldt even interfere, and also your country disrespects all kind of international laws, laws that they even say to defend so proudly. But whats unfortunate is that the big majority of the people support this actions! For me I only want the complete eradication of those ridiculous superpatriots (arrogant and xenophobists ) and the politicians (well... politicians) of the US and israel . Taking out these bad guys, the world will live in peace. But the people that support these guys, will think the way these guys think and they will vote on guys like Bush, Sharon, etc.... and this ones will keep the brainwashing of the population and getting more and more support

Although i dont guilt US people for ellecting Bush, i dont consider that he was ellected.

But this is some of the ways that lead a person to hate a country . I distinguish the yanks i hate from the ones who are victims of their leaders, not because theyre born there. But unfortunately, theyre so much.....
Old 19-05-2004, 05:15   #43
Участник

Quote:
Wow, what a display of ignorance dollparts3000, thanks for sharing your views on geopolitics, "Arabs are evil!", that's deep...
Thanks to Haku, all of the facts are in:

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time replying in detail because you've obviously been totally brainwashed by US propaganda.
Haku, who set you free so that you are not influenced by any propaganda? What makes your view superior to anyone else's? Is it alway correct, I don't think so.

Quote:
The Arab world has been a center of civilization for centuries, many scientific discoveries were made by Arab scientists during the Middle Ages. The Arab world is now going through some dark ages, it happens to every civilizations.
The world has benefitted by the contributions from the Arabic world but I wouldn't begin to compare contributions with modern day contributions from the west. That would be absurd. The center of the world has been somewhere other than the middle east for the past 1100 years. BTW - what is your favorite Arabic scientific discovery? Want to compare that with Neal Bohr's work with physics.

Quote:
The root of most problems in the Middle East is the unconditional support of the US to Israeli policy and the oppression of Palestinian Arabs. If the US had not supported this policy, the world would be a more peaceful place today.
I can understand your hatred toward Israel, it is not uncommon. But, without the influence and presence of the U.S., do you not understand the destructive capability of Israel. They are a nuclear power. Push them into a corner without any geopolitical balance from the U.S. and our friends in the Middle East will become vapor.

Quote:
An American was decapitated by Arab terrorists...
At least 10 Iraqis died while being "interrogated" by US soldiers.
This is a new one. I haven't heard about the Iraqis that died during interrogation. Do you have more information. Nevertheless, I don't hear of anyone in the U.S. shouting praises to God because we killed an Iraqi man or woman during imprisonment. That is not our character as a nation. We don't think like that.

Quote:

A thousand innocent civilians died in the World Trade Center attack...
At least 5 thousands innocent Iraqi civilians died because of US bombings during the invasion of Iraq.
We lost 3500 live in the World Trade Center attack not 1000. I guess you believe that hijacking an Airline and killing innnocent passengers is equivalent to our invasion of Iraq. I can see why you think that.

Quote:
One last thing... Iran is not an Arab country, Iranians are Persians and part of the Indo-European family. All European and Indian people (with a few exceptions like Finns, Hungarians, or Dravidians) as well as their languages are all descendants of an ancient people that lived in northern Iran 12 thousand years ago. Persians are direct descendants of that ancient people and not at all related to Arabs, either ethnically or linguistically.
One last thing, I think Dollparts was referring to the Islamic faith as being the link between Iran and the rest of the Arabic world. That is the link. But your information about Persian history is useful input.

All these things said, the Middle East is a volatile and dangerous place right now as it has been for the past 6000 years in my opinion. I have said it before and I still believe that taking Saddam out was the best decision for Iraq and for the Middle East. Time will tell. I personally believe that Saddam at one time represented the greatest threat to any long term plan for peace in the Middle East. He was a tyrant and he had the third largest Army in the world. His ultimate goal was destruction of Israel and unity among all Arab nations [with Saddam as the leader]. He is gone and we have the difficult task of forming some kiind of government where the Iraqis can govern themselves. I hope that the Iraqis go the way of Japan, Korea or Germany and become a success story but I am very glad that Saddam is gone. The U.S. made these decisions and I believe that in time they will prove to be the best for stability in the Middle East. That's my opinion.
Old 19-05-2004, 05:36   #44
My Waking Hour

Bitty, don't take all that too seriously. A person who has not the full picture will generalise. Terrorism has to be stopped before something bigger happens.
I don't like many things in America too but I try to see the full picture. Generations of potential terrorists are born everyday. This has got to stop.
Old 19-05-2004, 07:12   #45
Участник

The USA is a bit selective as far as terrorism is concerned.
Soon after Blair aligned himself with Bush, in the war of terrorism in 2001, the IRA miraculously announced, they were going to decommission their arms. To me, this was part of a deal Blair had with Bush. See:- http://members.aol.com/linguapress/ulster.htm

I don’t think Bush is the problem. It’s the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend
OF COURSE THE JEWISH LOBBY IS IMPORTANT IN THE US. HELLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!
In Autumn 2001, Bush seemed to be serious about finding solution to the Israel / Palestine problem. Then Israel had to angrily remind him, that they told the US what to do, not the other way round. A few days later, with the peace plan forgotten, the US were once again using the veto at the UN.

I stand by what I said, Transcend.

On an individual level, the Americans I meet from the local air-bases, are much the same as anyone else.
Old 19-05-2004, 07:21   #46
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
Spyretto - I know...it's just...I dunno, it hurts. It's like having a brother that has done bad things and because of that everyone hates him. I can understand people being upset, but I can't help but feel sad and helpless. Because like a brother, I love my country and it scares and hurts me to think so many people hate it. But it has done hurtful things, but damn it, so have all the other brothers, lol. I don't like people picking on my brother, And I really don't like how arrogant and holier than thou some people can sound, as if their country is perfect. I just don't think people realize how hurtful the things they say can be. They are angry and they want to hate, but all that hatred does is breed more hatred and violence. That scares me.

But I agree, terrorism in all its forms, whether under the mask of religion, nationality, or pride, needs to stop. Hatred needs to stop. And the first step isn't to hate the US. It isn't the root of all evil, that evil lies in man, no matter where he lives. About the generalizations...that is what is scary. People DO generalize and they often believe in those generalizations, and that leads to prejudice and a universal hatred of all that generalization entails. I am not saying anyone on here is like that, but that is was generalizations spawn. But, unforetunately, I know that generalizations cannot be avoided.

Dent - I never said Arabs liked to be generalized. I do not hold the opinion that all Arabs are evil. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that most Americans do not have this view. That is the point. However miguided it may be, most of those in support of the war believe that there are evil people in power over there, oppressing those Arabs who are not. If we believed they were all evil, it wouldn't be an attempt to reorganize the government, but to exterminate. Perhaps that is what you believe my governement is doing, and perhaps they are, but that isn't what, in my opinion, most Americans view as the motive. Like I said, maybe we are being lied to. Maybe we are being fed false propaganda, telling us all how much good we are doing over there, helping the Arabs who are being oppressed by evil.

I am sorry your visit here was not pleasant. But I have always heard different opinions. Maybe you just had bad luck? Maybe where you chose to go was a nest of a political leaning you did not agree with, say you are liberal and you visited a very conservative place, visa versa. Or, don't take this the wrong way, because I do not know you or how you act or your personality, but...could it maybe be because you are slightly abrupt or in your face? Maybe, for whatever reason, your personality specifically just didn't sit well with the majority of people you met here. Or I guess we are all assholes. *shrugs*

transcend - Yes, I am still around. There isn't much to post about...but this really got my girlfriend worked up. She was so emotional and couldn't reply. So I read and it pained me to read what people were saying too. I had to reply. And believe me, I know not everyone hates US. It is just all I hear about on the news anymore, about how much people hate the US and how even everyone living here hates Bush and his policies. But who could know that 9/11 would happen and that he would charge off to war? Life sucks sometimes, but hatred doesn't solve anything, right?

Khartoun2004 - I was also shocked and infuriated by the prisoners treatment. I think most people are. I respect and support our military, because they put themselves in danger for our sake...BUT, I don't think the military is the best place. It breeds mob mentality, aggression and removes the fear of punishment. Sick passions seem to come out of soldiers when they are all grouped together or in war sometimes. Hell, what irritates me is that, some people who are SUPPOSED to go to jail are instead kept out of jail by joining the military! Such is the case with my cousin. He's a ocmplete jackass who totally deserves to be in jail, but the judge gave him a deal and now he is in the Navy. I don't even want to think of the atrocities he may be doing there. Grrr.

LenochkaO - Don't worry, as long as people say things objectively, with careful words, where they are just stating opinions on specific policies they dislike, that is fine. It is when people step so far as to wish an entire people to be banished from earth that I have a problem.
Old 19-05-2004, 11:47   #47
iMod

All superpowers are always feared, sometimes hated, it comes with the status. Because other countries are jealous (especially when they used to be superpowers themselves). Because other countries know that whatever they think or say, the superpowers will do what they want and there's nothing they can do about it. Because other countries realize that the superpowers have enough military power to wipe them out overnight.
I know that some Americans are upset that so many people don't like them but don't be, this very fact only shows that you country is indeed the most powerful country in the world. Be glad to live there and not elsewhere, what other people think about you has little value compared to the fact of being a citizen of the most powerful country in the world. And most importantly, what other people think of the US is ultimately useless since it will have no consequences on what the US will do and achieve... you have the power, they only have words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpro50
the nation of Iraq
There is no nation of Iraq, it's a colonial creation. The country is probably going to fall into civil war. The Shiite south will become an islamic republic allied to Iran, the sharia has already been reestablished in some parts of the Shiite region and women have to cover themselves. The Sunnite region will try to become independent as well but the Shiites outnumber them and they will probably control that region as well (including Bagdad). As for the Kurdish north, it's already de facto independent and they are helping Kurdish terrorists (or resistants, it depends if you're pro-Turk or not) to fight the Turkish army.

Quote:
Iraq had the third most powerful Army in the world under Saddam Hussein
That's a myth. Let's say that the two most powerful armies were the USA and the USSR/Russia. Are we to believe that China or India with both nuclear capabilities and millions of soldiers were less powerful than Iraq? And what about Britain or even Israel which actually defeated the Iraqi army in a previous war? At best Iraq had the second most powerful army in the Middle East after Israel.
During the first Iraqi war, it only took 3 months to the USA to wipe out the Iraqi army (it's estimated that about 150,000 Iraqi soldiers died during the first Iraqi war, which is a reasonable number since 300,000 died during the Iraq/Iran war.), proof that this army was not so powerful.
Western countries knew that very well, they are the ones that had armed and financed this army to contain the Shiite revolution coming from Iran.

Quote:
who set you free so that you are not influenced by any propaganda?
I'm not, i try to watch American, British, French, and Arab channels to get a more even view, which probably means i'm getting propaganda from all sides, but at least i'm getting more than one view. From what i've seen on American channels, most Americans still believe that the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqis... who told them that?

Quote:
The world has benefitted by the contributions from the Arabic world but I wouldn't begin to compare contributions with modern day contributions from the west.
My point was not to compare modern Western scientists with Middle Ages Arab scientists. I just wanted to say that the Arab civilization is not evil in essence.

Quote:
I haven't heard about the Iraqis that died during interrogation.
It was mentioned on the BBC, a CIA "interrogator" is under investigation for several deaths, not everyone knows when to stop torture.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 19-05-2004 at 12:43.
Old 19-05-2004, 13:08   #48
the truth is out there...

everyone who critize the crimes comitted by the US do it because they hate all americans. It's like with Israel, everyone who defends the palestinians human rights are antisemites

I don't see why people are surprised about the torture of iraqui prisoners. We are talking about the country who "installed" dictators in a whole continent, and tought the military how to torture the prisoners (people who fought for democracy). People in latinamerica have known this for a long time, there are a lot of documentation about these CIA "training camps". This is only one example, and it came to my mind because a person close to me was tortured in one of these concentration camps and he even met one CIA agent who was supervising the whole thing.
Someone told me a CIA agent told a newspaper that installing Saddam was his favourite coup he had participated in as an agent.
I'm guessing the american people don't know anything about this, that's why they are surprised that people critize (or even hate) the US. I can imagine it must be odd to see yourself as "liberators" when your country represents the contrary to people all around the world and you don't even get why
Old 19-05-2004, 15:51   #49
My Waking Hour

The solution can not be found by invading muslim countries - even governed by bloodthirsty and ruthless dictators - but indentifying these pots of terror and removing them. I expect that the Americans wanted to overthrow Saddam to open up their possibilities of crushing the terrorist network and the wmd were just a gimmick?
The ultimate solution will be found by sorting out the situation in the Middle East though. Unless this is tackled the horror will continue. And the Americans don't seem to be as motivated in finding a peaceful solution there.

Respect for international law by the US is welcome too. Though you can not equate the US regime with those terrorists, that's quite rediculous. ( or even with some Islamic regimes, for that matter )

Less than half of the world's population comprises of Muslims, Americans and Jews. Well, I just hope they show some respect for the other half and try to put a stop to this madness.
Old 19-05-2004, 16:59   #50
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
With the benefit of hindsight. I bet you wouldn't have supported overthrowing the Taliban before 9/11.
Did you know that there was a country that was very close toinvading Talibn-ruled Afghansitan, overthrowing them and destroy Al Qaeda? Care to guess which country was it? And care to guess which country was at the same time negotiating with Taliban to make a pipeline through Afghansitan to Pakistan?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 19-05-2004, 17:55   #51
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
And I really don't like how arrogant and holier than thou some people can sound, as if their country is perfect. I just don't think people realize how hurtful the things they say can be. They are angry and they want to hate, but all that hatred does is breed more hatred and violence.
I just wanted to add that i don't hate the US or the US people. I disagree with the foreign policy of its current administration which does not equate to hating a people. I have American friends to whom i talk regularly, i don't hate them, that's absurd. And being a liberal, i admire the economy of the US.

And just to put things in perspective, i have seen that French products are boycotted in American stores, American products are not boycotted here; i have seen Americans pouring French wine in the gutter, i haven't seen anyone throwing away Coca-Cola here; things with "French" in their name have been renamed "Liberty" something, nobody here has asked that the "sauce américaine" or the "homard à l'américaine" be renamed. Not to mention the dozens of mean jokes about French people that i've seen in American shows. Who hates who?

Finally, i don't believe that my country is perfect, there are a lot of things i'm not happy with, and to take a parallel, we have a lot of military scattered in Western Africa and i don't agree with that at all. Those countries have been independent for 50 years and we should leave them alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 19-05-2004, 17:56   #52
malinky's

haku
Quote:
From what i've seen on American channels, most Americans still believe that the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqis... who told them that?
I do not know what American channels you are watching, but I will say that I am not a big fan of the media in this country. On the one hand, there are the ultra-conservative stations and on the other the ultra-liberal. I feel as if most promote and report stories with whatever sentiment they feel. It does not seem to be a strong indicator of what most Americans feel. Most of the people I know, conservative and liberal alike, cannot be summed up by a potentially biased news report or poll. And I have to think that we are not the only country to have both our media and government spin their own beliefs into what MOST of their constituents think or feel. And I can say this as well, I do not know most Americans but of the ones I do know, they are very well aware that the hijackers were not from Iraq.

piojita
Quote:
everyone who critize the crimes comitted by the US do it because they hate all americans. It's like with Israel, everyone who defends the palestinians human rights are antisemites
As for the sarcasm, I do not believe Bitty2002 ever said or implied that. But there are people who do feel that way and when someone says the world would be a better place if Americans were on Mars, then, you know, that IS lumping ALL Americans into ONE group.

You know, I love my country, but I do not blindly believe what I am told. Yes, we have done bad things and yes, we will continue to. Any country that has a government run by man will be corrupt. There is no perfect system. I wish that we always did good and never entertained evil, but I would be foolish to think that the truth. Maybe I should feel lucky to be from a country that is a super power and not worry about what others think or feel about us, but I do. Not just for the safety of myself and my loved ones, but for future generations.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Caterpillars turn into rare butterflies..."
~Chantal Kreviazuk~

Last edited by volkotina; 11-06-2004 at 03:04.
Old 19-05-2004, 18:09   #53
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
And just to put things in perspective, i have seen that French products are boycotted in American stores, American products are not boycotted here; i have seen Americans pouring French wine in the gutter, i haven't seen anyone throwing away Coca-Cola here; things with "French" in their name have been renamed "Liberty" something, nobody here has asked that the "sauce américaine" or the "homard à l'américaine" be renamed. Not to mention the dozens of mean jokes about French people that i've seen in American shows. Who hates who?
Okay all of that was laughable and ridiculous. It was started by a bunch of retarded ultra-conservatives. I would say that the majority of people thought that was the stupidest, most immature thing ever. Not to mention that was like a year ago. I haven't seen anything boycotted in person. The only mention of this I got was from the ultra-conservative news, which pisses me off to no end everytime I turn to it. About the mean jokes, lol, those won't go away. There are mean jokes about everyone. Sure, for awhile there, because there was greater support for war back then, some people held the opinion that some French people were cowardly. That is immature of course. And there was no changing in the names of things. Silly people only siad it should be. Which of course, other people rolled their eyes at and pointed out at their idiocy, sense half the things called "french" this or that aren't even orginated from France. Why do you think that was so highly reported in the news? Because it was the most DUMBASS shit ever.

Have you ever thought that maybe the sources of news or America's opinions are being filtered through A) our shitty news and B) the news of other countries which have their own propaganda. Nothing is really honest there. I at least live here and have had the opportunity to mingle with a good number of Americans and I can tell you that most are not stupid enough to thinkt he Iraq's were responsible for 9/11 adn they also aren't the biggest fans of a lot of the things going on right now. It is just your pockets of ultra-conservatives are what is so heavily concentrated on in the media.
Old 19-05-2004, 18:54   #54
viva la scientology!

Quote:
Go there. Go to Saudi Arabia or any other country. You would probably meet the same fate of Nicolas Berg or be sold into a brothel
Saudi Arabia? been there. Infact I lived there for a few months with my mother when I was about 5. And while it wasn't the most open and free society, it wasn't total Hell either. Every place has its good and bad people. That goes for the entire Middle East. And who turns on the news and hears about good deeds? No one. It's the terrible, despicable things that get news coverage, and influence people's views of the world.

You've got to go there to know there, my friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Last edited by cirrus; 19-05-2004 at 20:22.
Old 19-05-2004, 18:56   #55
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
goddamn b*sh
Old 19-05-2004, 19:36   #56
My Waking Hour

I've met and talked with fanatics from both sides. The pro-American side supports the war coz Islam is the root of all evil...from the beginning of time. All muslims are sadistic potential terrorirts.
Surprise, surprise...the other side thinks America as the land of the devil. All non muslim Americans are Islam haters and want to see the Arab world reduced to smithereens.

And if you express any disagreement on either side, you're an "ignorant with very limited perspective in live". U should go to Iraq to see the full pcture...and that's all folks.

Now on which side are you on?
Old 19-05-2004, 22:32   #57
Участник

It is truly enlightening to hear so many different opinions about world conflict. I just didn't think I would find it here on this forum. I admire and respect the differing opinions. Living in the U.S. all of my life, I have never really known how other societies and individuals feel about us as individuals. I think we all want to be judged on our own merits and not simply because we live in a particular country. I want to consider myself open minded and I want to be a citizen of the world and not just a U.S. citizen.

BTW - I don't know of anyone who thinks that Iraqi citizens were involved in 9/11. I know that several of the perpetrators were Saudi origins.

Again, in spite of all of our differences, I hope we find common ground in the fact that we all want to survive, we all want to live in freedom and we all want to have meaning and purpose in our lives. When someone tries to take that away, or we perceive that they are, people become passionate in their defense of what I call basic rights that each individual should have.
Old 19-05-2004, 22:53   #58
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
there are plenty of americans who are antiwar. not enough, though. the liberal americans are very antiwar and myself included. however, not one of the 9/11 hijackers were from Iraq, although they were all from Saudi Arabi, most of them were affiliated with Al-Queda. Al-Queda has establishments set up in many countries, Iraq included, and that was a way for Bush to prop up his democracy and gain better fuel relations. it's been on his agenda to set up a democracy in Iraq before he even became president. call it legacy, call it bastardization, whatever. this was all him and dick cheney's way to gain power control, money, and possibly another term in office. i'm telling you americans, you can't let him be in office again.
Old 19-05-2004, 23:08   #59
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxi
Did you know that there was a country that was very close toinvading Talibn-ruled Afghansitan, overthrowing them and destroy Al Qaeda? Care to guess which country was it? And care to guess which country was at the same time negotiating with Taliban to make a pipeline through Afghansitan to Pakistan?
I don't know that Iran was planning to invade, although they were certainly angry with the Taleban for murdering their diplomats. US oil companies were negotiating with the Taleban to build a pipeline through Afghanistan.

The point I had made been making was that the West had been short-sighted not to attack the Taleban and Al Qaeda before 9/11. You know what happened when in 1998 President Clinton launched cruise missiles at Al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan in retaliation for the East African embassy bombings? Both the US Republicans and the international left denounced him, saying that he was just doing it to distract attention from Monica Lewinsky. It was widely condemned as US aggression.

It seem that whatever the US does some people will criticise. I'm listening to Noam Chomsky being interviewed on Newsnight right now and I love the way that whatever the West does he condemns it. If it goes to war or imposes sanctions against dictatorships, he condemns its aggression and hypocricy. If it trades or deals with them he condemns it for supporting dictatorships and being hypocritical.

Last edited by simon; 20-05-2004 at 01:20.
Old 20-05-2004, 02:19   #60
Участник

My mother-in-law is an extreme liberal democrat here in the U.S. No matter what a democrat does, she praises it, if a democrat does something immoral (under the desk so to speak) she makes an excuse for it (he was set up). No matter what a Republican person does, it has to be wrong in her eyes and subject to selfish motives.

No matter what political event comes up, I can tell you what she will say before she says it. To me, that is what happens when someone has already made up their own mind about his or her world view. Noam Chomsky represents all that is wrong with the world. He has already pre-packaged his reponse before any event occurs. That is prejudice and mindless and allows no room for change and growth. If someone is predispositioned to hate, then no decision by the U.S. will matter. So, I guess we live with that. It is ashame.
ReplyPost New Thread