Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 2)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-03-2007, 03:53   #61
Can You See Them Now?

LOL.

His last visit was in 2002 before everyone hated him.

Mexico is a dangerous country sometimes, especialy if you are foreign. I don't see why Bush would be doing anything in any "dangerous" areas though.
Old 14-03-2007, 03:59   #62
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
LOL.

His last visit was in 2002 before everyone hated him.

Mexico is a dangerous country sometimes, especialy if you are foreign. I don't see why Bush would be doing anything in any "dangerous" areas though.
ummmm..no i dont think that was his last visit, i think his last visit was like
a year ago, Yes Mexico is a very dangerous city, but not dangerous enough
to want to kill bush, and No, its not dangerous especially if you are foreign.
Mexicans are the least racist agains foreigners, there are alot of French and
Russian people in Mexico, even some of the Celebs are Slavic.
Mexicans are dangerous to their own selves..The white Mexicans, hate the
dark Mexicans..and the Dark Mexicans hate the white Mexicans.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 14-03-2007, 04:59   #63
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_Lee_Rocks View Post
ummmm..no i dont think that was his last visit, i think his last visit was like
a year ago, Yes Mexico is a very dangerous city, but not dangerous enough
to want to kill bush, and No, its not dangerous especially if you are foreign.
Mexicans are the least racist agains foreigners, there are alot of French and
Russian people in Mexico, even some of the Celebs are Slavic.
I can't find anything anywhere about bush visiting Mexico after 2002 until now.
Mexico by the way, is a country to lol.
And I do have to argue that Mexico is not dangerous if you are foreign, my uncle flew to Mexico in 2004 and was told by two police officers that he had to pay them before he was allowed off the plane. Not to mention, bribing from other law enforcement officers is not uncommon. It's not safe to be in public alone in a big city, or to be out at all after night in smaller towns. Also not advisable for you to have money/credit cards out.

- Back on topic however. I don't think Bush is worried about the citizens of Mexico trying to assassinate him. He's worried about terrorists entering through Mexico, or other organizations that want him dead.

- And Russians and other Slavic immigrants are in a large minority. There are not "a lot"
Old 14-03-2007, 17:51   #64
The Dream is Over, :~(

Amy Lee Rocks, is right. Bush was in Mexico last year, it was the Canada-US-Mexico Summit held there. I remember because Harper wore a silly looking orange vest that made him look like a dork in photo-ops.

Subject of gays in the military is up again. Surprisingly more conservatives are up for the idea but of course when you think about it, it's pretty obvious as to why.

Defenders of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy are running out of excuses.

I personally am a little suspicious. Not that gays shouldn't serve or anything, but the fact that conservatives are starting to agree should be a red light to all queers. There's a shortage of troops in Iraq so how convenient that now, as opposed to 15 years ago, gays may just be welcomed into the service.

And while it may justify the gay rights cause exponentially in that if gays can be seen as people worthy to fight for their country, than surely the country can extend that worthiness to domestic rights as well. But that same shit was done by African Americans during the American Revolution, Civil War (on both sides), WWI, WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam. All it got them (before Vietnam) were segragated troops where the black troops would be in the front lines being the first to die.

Not that it's both the same struggle, just illustrating that being accepted into the military doesn't mean you will be accepted in law. Why fight/die for a country that doesn't even recognize your rights?
Old 14-03-2007, 21:15   #65

Quote:
I can't find anything anywhere about bush visiting Mexico after 2002 until now.
Mexico by the way, is a country to lol.
And I do have to argue that Mexico is not dangerous if you are foreign, my uncle flew to Mexico in 2004 and was told by two police officers that he had to pay them before he was allowed off the plane. Not to mention, bribing from other law enforcement officers is not uncommon. It's not safe to be in public alone in a big city, or to be out at all after night in smaller towns. Also not advisable for you to have money/credit cards out.

- Back on topic however. I don't think Bush is worried about the citizens of Mexico trying to assassinate him. He's worried about terrorists entering through Mexico, or other organizations that want him dead.

- And Russians and other Slavic immigrants are in a large minority. There are not "a lot"
Like PowerPuff Grrl said, Bush went to Mexico last year, and he did not have as many guards as he did when he went yeaterday. I understand about terrorist trying to assasinate him, but i still think its funny. Why didnt he do it before? there wasnt any threat before why now?

Im sorry about your uncle, but i mean no offence, but he was kinda stupid. Did he report that? he could have done that. What part of Mexico did he go to? If he went to Mexico City, of course its very common for that to happen, since the "Chilangos" (Mexico City people) are assholes to everyone. There are places in the city where they are very rude, and hate everyone who is not from there, If your unlce would of gone to Cancun, or Puerto Vallarta, or maybe even Acapulco, i hardly doubt that would have happend.
You are right about not being safe alone in Mexico City, you cant even walk arroud with a purse without being robbed. If you go to smaller cities like Durango, that is extremely rare, people are less stuck up and more respectful.
If you want to visit Mexico please dont visit Mexico City, its very dangerous i recomend
visiting other places like Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Acapulco, Guadalajara or other places
that have neat luxurious stuff.

Yes its a large minority, but in some places there are alot of them.
Mexico is a werid country. But i love my country ^-^
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-03-2007, 04:17   #66
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
umm that can happen in any city in any country all around the world... even here in the United States. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? I wouldn't walk around that city after dusk even in a huge group and I'm from the effing Northeast. Hell there are parts of Providence I wouldn't walk around in after dark either and I live here. So I don't think it's fair to portray safety issues in a big city as a solely 'Mexican' problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 15-03-2007, 04:35   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
umm that can happen in any city in any country all around the world... even here in the United States. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? I wouldn't walk around that city after dusk even in a huge group and I'm from the effing Northeast. Hell there are parts of Providence I wouldn't walk around in after dark either and I live here. So I don't think it's fair to portray safety issues in a big city as a solely 'Mexican' problem.
Thank You!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-03-2007, 05:10   #68
...rosa pastel

Quote:
Every country is dangerous sometimes! not only Mexico, and it's sooooo much to have 3,500 guards we're not Irak
Old 15-03-2007, 13:43   #69
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
Before I have everyone down my throats! I did not say it couldn't. We were talking about Mexico in our posts, had we been talking about the USA - I would have said the same thing for crowded area's - the same thing for ANY country. I never stated it was a Mexican ONLY problem, so don't put words in my post. But no, that is not common for our police to haggle people was my point.

- And yes, he did report it Yoshi .
Old 15-03-2007, 17:27   #70

Quote:
Before I have everyone down my throats! I did not say it couldn't. We were talking about Mexico in our posts, had we been talking about the USA - I would have said the same thing for crowded area's - the same thing for ANY country. I never stated it was a Mexican ONLY problem, so don't put words in my post. But no, that is not common for our police to haggle people was my point.

- And yes, he did report it Yoshi .
Did he get any of his money back?

Quote:
Like PowerPuff Grrl said, Bush went to Mexico last year, and he did not have as many guards as he did when he went yeaterday. I understand about terrorist trying to assasinate him, but i still think its funny. Why didnt he do it before? there wasnt any threat before why now?
.....so about this?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Amy_Lee_Rocks; 15-03-2007 at 17:43.
Old 15-03-2007, 17:45   #71
Can You See Them Now?

No. He just got an apology.
Old 17-03-2007, 04:28   #72
Участник

Quote:
Mexicans are the least racist agains foreigners, there are alot of French and Russian people in Mexico, even some of the Celebs are Slavic.
I'm sorry... But I have to disagree with that.
Mexico is a very racist country. Now don't get offended. My father is Mexican and I've been living there for many years now. So I know how the people are in there.
I know that not all Mexicans are racist... But it seems the mayority is...

Like you said... white Mexicans, hate the
dark Mexicans and the Dark Mexicans hate the white Mexicans.
But they're also racist with other foreigners.
I've met a Russian guy... he doens't speak that much... He's always carrying with him a "Russian to English Dictionary... many Mexicans get close to me only to say things like "Russians are idiots..." or "Smells like Russian shit",(Geez.. what a way to start a coversation...), stuff like that... always making fun of him simply 'cause he doesn't understand Spanish. And yet people do not know him. And do not want to make the effort to get to know him.

There are lots of Chinese people as well, and boy, do the Mexicans hate them...
They're more terrible with them... I dunno why... but it seems they hate Chinese people with a passion... Saying things like "Chino cochino" (Wich translates as something as "filthy Chinese pig") ... When they talk, the Mexican openly make fun of them in their faces... Imitating them and sayin "what did you said? Reapeat again!". They scream at them, yell at them... It's sad...
"Speak Sapnish! this is Mexico! If you want to speak Chinese, go back to your filthy country."

I'm also been a victim of racism... from adults and teachers.
I was born in US but at the age of 13, I went to live and study in Mexico.
The teachers hated me, simply because I'm American.

I remember on my first day at Junior High, my History teacher, started to call out our names, but she didn't mention my name... I got close and said quietly... "Um... You forgot to mention me..."
She quickly snapped at me and said "You're American. How is that I know you're American? Because you're rude and selfish".

I felt terrible. And it was weird because that was the first time I've talked to her... So how was I rude and selfish?

Not only her... my art teacher hated me as well... Even though I draw nicely... I never got good grades because my teacher said she doesn't accept "American Art". Whatever that means...

And this goes on and on...
Old 17-03-2007, 04:40   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by novayamodel View Post
I'm sorry... But I have to disagree with that.
Mexico is a very racist country. Now don't get offended. My father is Mexican and I've been living there for many years now. So I know how the people are in there.
I know that not all Mexicans are racist... But it seems the mayority is...

Like you said... white Mexicans, hate the
dark Mexicans and the Dark Mexicans hate the white Mexicans.
But they're also racist with other foreigners.
I've met a Russian guy... he doens't speak that much... He's always carrying with him a "Russian to English Dictionary... many Mexicans get close to me only to say things like "Russians are idiots..." or "Smells like Russian shit",(Geez.. what a way to start a coversation...), stuff like that... always making fun of him simply 'cause he doesn't understand Spanish. And yet people do not know him. And do not want to make the effort to get to know him.

There are lots of Chinese people as well, and boy, do the Mexicans hate them...
They're more terrible with them... I dunno why... but it seems they hate Chinese people with a passion... Saying things like "Chino cochino" (Wich translates as something as "filthy Chinese pig") ... When they talk, the Mexican openly make fun of them in their faces... Imitating them and sayin "what did you said? Reapeat again!". They scream at them, yell at them... It's sad...
"Speak Sapnish! this is Mexico! If you want to speak Chinese, go back to your filthy country."

I'm also been a victim of racism... from adults and teachers.
I was born in US but at the age of 13, I went to live and study in Mexico.
The teachers hated me, simply because I'm American.

I remember on my first day at Junior High, my History teacher, started to call out our names, but she didn't mention my name... I got close and said quietly... "Um... You forgot to mention me..."
She quickly snapped at me and said "You're American. How is that I know you're American? Because you're rude and selfish".

I felt terrible. And it was weird because that was the first time I've talked to her... So how was I rude and selfish?

Not only her... my art teacher hated me as well... Even though I draw nicely... I never got good grades because my teacher said she doesn't accept "American Art". Whatever that means...

And this goes on and on...

Seems like Mexico needs its on thread.. Mexico
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 23-03-2007, 21:49   #74
My Waking Hour

The US are pulling out of Iraq by the end of 2008...the Congress has just passed it despite Bush's efforts.
So it seems they'll finally be going home leaving total mayhem behind...well done, dorks.
Though Bush has vowed to fight till the end...

also Bush has passed a gaming act in late 2006 which criminalises any form of internet gambling for all American citizens. But would they touch the Vegas and Atlantic Cirty syndicates? No, of course not.
so much for the land of the free ( pretty f**** up place, if you asked me ).
Old 23-03-2007, 22:02   #75
Can You See Them Now?

It dosen't matter. It will never happen anyways. And even if it does - Clinton or Obama would remove a lot of things Bush has done.
Old 23-03-2007, 22:18   #76
My Waking Hour

Yeah, I guess we have to wait for the Democrats to undo some of the BS that Bush has done...what a travesty.
Anyway, his friend Saddam says hi to him and he's expecting him soon.
Old 24-03-2007, 16:17   #77
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
also Bush has passed a gaming act in late 2006 which criminalises any form of internet gambling for all American citizens. But would they touch the Vegas and Atlantic Cirty syndicates? No, of course not.
so much for the land of the free ( pretty f**** up place, if you asked me ).
The Federal Government cannot do anything about Vegas because the State of Nevada legalized gambling. The Feds have no jurisdiction in that matter. Just like Native Americans can set up casinos in this country on their reserves even if the state has made gambling illegal... In the case of Native Americans state gov't and feds have no control over what the Native Americans do on the reserves.

People here would be more pissed off if the government tried to interfere with state laws. Our constitution isn't organized to allow for an extremely powerful Federal Government, the states still run much of everyday life here individually without the feds getting involved. And I prefer it that way, I'd be very worried about a strong central government; ie: what Bush has been trying to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 24-03-2007, 17:33   #78
Can You See Them Now?

The supremacy clause allows the Federal Government's law to precede over any law that any state has signed in. So if this does indeed pass - gambling will be outlawed everywhere.

Expressed powers are stronger and take presedence over Implied powers do.
Old 25-03-2007, 03:56   #79
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
The supremacy clause allows the Federal Government's law to precede over any law that any state has signed in. So if this does indeed pass - gambling will be outlawed everywhere.

Expressed powers are stronger and take presedence over Implied powers do.
Yes I know that, however the Federal government won't pass a law to make gambling illegal across the entire country at the present time because of the backlash it would recieve from the people.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 25-03-2007, 07:38   #80
My Waking Hour

But you have to go to that Indan reservation to gamble...or Vegas...or even go southwards to Mexico, the checkpoints are really lax. It makes it a bit difficult and definitely not an everyday activity.
Oh well, we all know the real reason of internet gambling being declared illegal, it's the fact that the majority of the companies are not American. Mostly from the UK, so what happened to Bush's solidarity with the Brits, wouldn't allow a few American dollars to go to UK hands? lol
ReplyPost New Thread