Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Reputation and Reputation power

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 21:21   #221
Участник

rosh, thanks.
Old 14-08-2004, 06:25   #222
Участник

Um, I would like to remind people that reputation should ONLY be given out to people that deserve it, not because they are your friend, or because it's their birthday or because you are bored and decided to give away some reputation. (I might have given out reputation for the "wrong" reasons in the past, too. I'm not perfect. We all get impulses like "Oh, it's so nice to see this person, let me give him/her some reputation!". Lol.)

I've noticed that a lot of people who contribute A LOT to this forum are not getting the reputation they deserve, while people who don't do as much seem to be near the top. Even I get reputation for things that don't particularily deserve it. Don't get me wrong, I appretiate you guys treasuring me, but sometimes I feel that I don't deserve some reputation points that I get. (Don't you go decresing my repuation now! )

Just though we should keep in mind that reputation points should be given to people that did something and DESERVED it. I hope it makes sense.
Old 14-08-2004, 08:30   #223
you'll need love

well in a way all people posting at the forum deserves credit I would say. It's kinda a little bit like Igor said about the forum being a house. Think most people living in the house deserves credit. Some more than others yeah, but where should the line be drawn?
I'm a bit surprised that people hoting the ftps don't have more reppoints yet. It's ftps we all used at some point. And for huge files at times.

Besides the system was all for good fun yeah? Soon it'll have been running a few months. Just about as long a time people said it would be running more perfect than in the beginning. We were told to give out as much credit as possible to make the system fair. Well, in a way mission completed. I still don't know how I ended up with 100 points but I will however do my best to make more people out run my position.
Already tried a few times to give credit to those really really deserving it, but message given by the system was that credits were to be spread around before crediting the same persons.

Yes, I'm using the system at the moment. From time to time. Still don't really think there is much point to it, but whatever.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 15-08-2004, 08:08   #224
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
i'll be the pot and you be the kettle. or you can be the pot. wow it's late. i think the system is a popularity contest, and whoever wins the popular vote, having little to do with what they contribute to the forum, gets more points.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 15-08-2004, 14:49   #225
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
I'm a bit surprised that people hoting the ftps don't have more reppoints yet.
It's because those members don't post anymore, to give them points you have to dig out old posts, not a lot of people are willing to do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 15-08-2004, 15:42   #226
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
It's because those members don't post anymore, to give them points you have to dig out old posts, not a lot of people are willing to do that.
True enough. I did it though. At least the members I could remember on top of my head. 0newinged, mulder, johnbush and so on. A bit surprised on member hunting that a lot of the old contributing members had disappeared from the surface of tatysite. Actually seemed like a lot of them were banned. Reppoints certainly not possible to give
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 15-08-2004, 15:58   #227
iMod

Quote:
A bit surprised on member hunting that a lot of the old contributing members had disappeared from the surface of tatysite.
Well, a lot of members left after Anatomy, and another lot left after the failure of Podnebesnaya.
For a lot of members, the fact that Tatu was no longer active made them lose interest in the forum as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-08-2004, 16:02   #228
I don't waste my time

Quote:
For a lot of members, the fact that Tatu was no longer active made them lose interest in the forum as well.
Yeah, exactly. Why do you have to suppose members who aren't here anymore were banned, teeny? As far as we know, the ones Igor banned with a reason (as he explained) were xena225, Rob and Nike75... nobody else. The other ones left cause they lost interest, which is natural since tATu haven't done anything new or exciting since Eurovision.
Old 15-08-2004, 16:29   #229
you'll need love

beanie dude though? what was his nick again.. ogag or so, yeah? And then he changed nick. I couldn't credit either of the nicks I found during search.
Nope not talking about the German members this time. People leave the forum yeah, the profiles still remain though in most cases, and credit is still possible at most of them. Feels kinda weird that I want to credit members not here anymore, but most members contributed to me feeling like at home here. Feels akward to be rewarding the currently active members only, when I remember the less active members more.

Only suppose they are banned or deleted since credits are still possible at other inactive accounts. I shooting in the dark here.. I know. I guess it comes from me being paranoid about this subject.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 15-08-2004 at 16:37. Reason: spelling
Old 15-08-2004, 16:32   #230
I don't waste my time

Quote:
I guess it comes from me being paranoid about this subject.
I agree Sorry, but you are a little paranoid about this subject
Old 15-08-2004, 16:39   #231
iMod

Quote:
beanie dude though? what was his nick again.. ogag or so, yeah?
Ogag is banned, yeah, because he's a mod at tatu*us. All admins and mods from tatu*us and tatu*fatal are banned here. It was announced a long time ago, at the time of the forum wars.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-08-2004, 16:40   #232
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
Sorry, but you are a little paranoid about this subject
I know It's strange, but I can't really help myself. One time when the forum was down for a few hours I was almost sure I had been kicked out of the forum At least now I'm thinking it's just due to server troubles when not loading. So I did improve a little bit
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 15-08-2004, 16:52   #233
I don't waste my time

Offtop:
Quote:
at the time of the forum wars
"In times of Forum Wars, Great Emperor Igor banned all foolish tatu.us from the TatySite.net Kingdom, for the ones who commit the crime of leeching holy exclusive material shall pay and be banned and doomed forever!"

Sorry, I just got a medieval inspiration. Please proceed.
Old 15-08-2004, 16:56   #234
you'll need love

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
Sorry, I just got a medieval inspiration. Please proceed.
well at least back then the countries would still end up living in peaceful times for a while. Danes wouldn't be able to visit most places if wars would go on forever and ever
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 15-08-2004, 21:18   #235
Участник

staringelf,
Old 18-10-2004, 23:41   #236
Участник

Maybe it's just me, but three "little green stones" near the post count sure look wierd. Nevertheless, I appretiate you appretiating me.
Old 18-10-2004, 23:44   #237
you'll need love

the less the better actually
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 19-10-2004, 00:00   #238
Участник

I was wondering, if some of us ever reach the 1000th reputation point, will the person have, like, 10 "little green stones" near his/her post count? That'll look ridiculous. There are just so many "little green stones" a sane person can tolerate.
Old 19-10-2004, 00:07   #239
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
There are just so many "little green stones" a sane person can tolerate.
Lol, maybe they change color... Like when you have 9 green stones, instead of getting a tenth green one, they are replaced by a purple one or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-10-2004, 00:18   #240
Участник

haku, 9 is still a lot of "little green stones". Hopefully they'll start changing color by the 5th one.
ReplyPost New Thread