Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

UTIMTA

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-06-2010, 19:39   #21
UTIMTA

A new song titled "Hard 2 Breathe" is finished. Hard 2 Breath uses alot of Slicing, and delay, and consists of choruses only surprisingly, and in the verses there is breathing. The most important element of the song is the music. It will be the shortest song in this new Utimta era. The song will premiere on the official myspace in two weeks time. The song will not be promoted as a single, it will be used as a B-side.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dvesti Dvadtsat Na SEBYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
^_^

Last edited by manatsu103; 28-06-2010 at 01:11.
Old 28-06-2010, 09:42   #22
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatsu103 View Post
A new song titled "Hard 2 Breathe" is finished. Hard 2 Breath uses alot of Slicing, and delay, and consists of choruses only surprisingly, and in the verses there is breathing. The most important element of the song is the music. It will be the shortest song in this new Utimta era. The song will premiere on the official myspace in two weeks time. The song will not be promoted as a single, it will be used as a B-side.
A song that features verses cannot consist of "choruses only" - and if you're going to use musical terminology, it's a refrain.
Old 29-06-2010, 05:50   #23
UTIMTA

For a very limited time, you can hear and download the unfinished demo clip of "Hard 2 Breathe" the song is being recorded, but you can have this special clip now!
CLICK HERE!
http://www.myspace.com/connersmedley

This version is NOT finished, needs recorded, cleaned, and worked on, so this is a definete demo clip. demo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 29-06-2010, 09:18   #24
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:

This version is NOT finished, needs recorded, cleaned, and worked on, so this is a definete demo clip. demo.
Then why would you release it?
Old 29-06-2010, 13:07   #25
UTIMTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Then why would you release it?
Just so people can hear what i am working on.
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 29-06-2010, 14:09   #26
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Just so people can hear what i am working on.
Nobody cares about what you're working on yet. We just want to know what you've finished.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:32   #27
Участник

I dont normally Agree with Tim a lot, However on this occassion i do. Why would you release something thats not finished. Its not proffesional. and its not business like.
Old 30-06-2010, 19:21   #28
UTIMTA

Its been taken off the site. Get off my Case.
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 01-07-2010, 02:17   #29
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Its been taken off the site. Get off my Case.
Don't tell us to get off your case after you make a stupid move. Follow advice for a change and maybe you'll have something that actually gathers attention without promotion. Good music promotes itself.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22   #30
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Good music promotes itself.
Dreamer!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:28   #31
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Dreamer!
Do you know how many indie musicians there are that stay afloat from local promotion or music that is promoted by word of mouth and such as? Tons. He doesn't need to test his music to see if it's good. He needs to release it when it is.
Old 13-08-2010, 21:44   #32
UTIMTA

Recording has finished on a new aside today called "Love Ditch".
The song is absolutely beautiful, and mixes heavy bassline with light piano sounds. Its a definite Dance track.
And the plans have changed with releasing....

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU/love ditch (Double A Side Single)

Released Locally/Online September 30th

GETAWAY!/How Far I'd Go (Single)
Released Locally/Online November 25th

New Album TBA mid 2011

These releases have more to do with local releasing...
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 14-08-2010, 09:48   #33
Can You See Them Now?

I still really like "Getaway" - I wish you'd send me those files I PM'd you about!
Old 18-08-2010, 02:47   #34
UTIMTA

Quote:
I still really like "Getaway" - I wish you'd send me those files I PM'd you about!
I am still thinking about that...

IN THE MEANTIME... You can now hear the new song "LOVE DITCH" on the official UTIMTA facebook page! Tell me what you think!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UTI...v=box_3&ref=ts
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 18-08-2010, 08:32   #35
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
I am still thinking about that...

IN THE MEANTIME... You can now hear the new song "LOVE DITCH" on the official UTIMTA facebook page! Tell me what you think!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UTI...v=box_3&ref=ts
I've listened twice through. Your harmonization is sounding better, but you're relying too much on the autotune. It would sound better if your vocals weren't completely robotic. I like the lyrics, your harmonies and your arrangement. But the track needs significant improvement in respect to the actual musical track - it sounds like a demo.
Old 18-08-2010, 09:41   #36
UTIMTA

Quote:
But the track needs significant improvement in respect to the actual musical track - it sounds like a demo.
So the music, or the vocals you mean?
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56   #37
UTIMTA

Complete change of plan! UTIMTA's new album titled "Strange Tales Of Sleepless Nights" DELUXE EDITION will be released October 27th. The Original Version was released October 5th locally in Physical Format. On The original there are 8 Tracks, On the Deluxe Edition there will be 11. The album has been praised in the local community, and has gotten MUCH better feedback then the mess of what was the previous album....

The Tracklisting...

1. All Because Of You
2. GETAWAY!
3. love ditch
4. Can't Take This -interlude-
5. Say Goodbye (Feat. Destiny Flora)
6. How Far I'd Go
7. Loveless Sex
8. The Way My Heart Feels
9. For My Mother (Newly recorded edition)
10. rumours (Feat. Jessi Cox)
11. All Because of You (Stewrat Remix)

I will inform you all when the new album is uploaded. I am so happy with this CD!

My favorite songs are: Say Goodbye, Loveless Sex, and The way my heart feels. But everyone who bought the album exclaimed that "All Because of You" was their favorite.
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 15-10-2010, 18:37   #38
UTIMTA

You can now listen to previews of all the songs on the official myspace account. http://www.myspace.com/connersmedley Tell me your thoughts and opinions!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
Old 16-10-2010, 05:59   #39
Can You See Them Now?

I've listened to all of the clips you've posted from your new album. I'm going to break down my critique by each individual song, as well as looking at the material as an entire collected work.

In my opinion:

1. All Because Of You

The song has a strong foundation in terms of both the instrumental and the structure that I can hear. In my opinion, an artists lyrics and the music behind them should work in a synergistic way. Not in the sense that "Yes, the music and the lyrics match up" - not the idea. A song with lyrics indicating emotional turmoil should be supported by an instrumental that conveys the same emotional turmoil on its own. This track doesn't do that for me. The instrumental needs to have a heaver bassline, the lead synth needs to be louder and it's also a really basic loop. In respect to the vocals - the autotune needs to go. Your pitch can clearly be heard leaping from one level to the other. Re-record the vocals and find somebody who knows how to properly mix vocals in order to turn this diamond in the rough into quality work.

2. GETAWAY!

The same issue! The instrumental just needs work. Aside from that, from the bottom of my soul I absolutely fucking love this song. I listen to this song leisurely quite often. Your timing with the music could be cleaned up a bit. This song is really good at showcasing your range from one pitch to the other. I'd also recommend making the "oh-eh-oh-oh-eh-eh" into a hook.

3. love ditch

To start off, I do not like the instrumental. It sounds cheap and under-produced to say it directly. This song is absolutely excellent otherwise. If your vocals could always sound like they do in this track I'd enjoy listening to more of your music for recreation. The harmonization and variation in your pitch are great ear candy.

Add a distortion effect to the vocals and it would sound a lot better. The track needs some slight touch ups, but overall - not bad.

I'm probably going to end up picking on all of your instrumentals because I honestly believe that's one of your weakest points. They're not awful. They just need tweaking. The vocals on this track however are excellent. The harmonization is beautiful, as are the lyrics and the structure is ok, a little weird though. Very little I'd change other than removing the auto-tune and placing in some ear candy in the vocal department.

6. How Far I'd Go

I dislike the instrumental again. I dislike the autotune. I also think that the song would sound better at a faster speed.

7. Loveless Sex

Wow! First off, that opening in the preview needs to be the opening to your entire track. I hope it is. I dislike the autotune again, the word don't flow as well as I'd like them to. The build is weak also. This song should get progressively more aggressive as it goes on. It starts out exciting, but I'm quite bored by the end of the clip.

This song has the potential to be one of your greatest. But the autotune needs to go, the track (despite not being that bad) needs a little touching up and your timing is not good. I see the direction you're going in, and I know what it sounds like in your head. It's going to be a great song when it's finished.

I've always though this track was a great one, but in need of a lot of work. If I were producing this track, it would be a ballad and the entire instrumental would be scrapped. I do really like the lyrics, and I think the speed on this track needs to be changed too. It's much to fast.

The instrumental is your best work in my opinion. Get rid of the autotune. Get rid of Jessi Cox. He should never be featured on anything ever again. That part was indeed awful.

Overall: Your ability to write a good song is not in question. You have amazing material, the production just isn't being done correctly. Your improvement is evident, but your relying on autotune is still no more impressive than it was when you first discovered how to use it. Cut it out get rid of it. Other than that, I think you're on the right track to finding a sound that is distinctly you. The flow of the album is great in my opinion.
Old 16-10-2010, 17:48   #40
UTIMTA

Quote:
1. All Because Of You

The song has a strong foundation in terms of both the instrumental and the structure that I can hear. In my opinion, an artists lyrics and the music behind them should work in a synergistic way. Not in the sense that "Yes, the music and the lyrics match up" - not the idea. A song with lyrics indicating emotional turmoil should be supported by an instrumental that conveys the same emotional turmoil on its own. This track doesn't do that for me. The instrumental needs to have a heaver bassline, the lead synth needs to be louder and it's also a really basic loop. In respect to the vocals - the autotune needs to go. Your pitch can clearly be heard leaping from one level to the other. Re-record the vocals and find somebody who knows how to properly mix vocals in order to turn this diamond in the rough into quality work.

2. GETAWAY!

The same issue! The instrumental just needs work. Aside from that, from the bottom of my soul I absolutely fucking love this song. I listen to this song leisurely quite often. Your timing with the music could be cleaned up a bit. This song is really good at showcasing your range from one pitch to the other. I'd also recommend making the "oh-eh-oh-oh-eh-eh" into a hook.

3. love ditch

To start off, I do not like the instrumental. It sounds cheap and under-produced to say it directly. This song is absolutely excellent otherwise. If your vocals could always sound like they do in this track I'd enjoy listening to more of your music for recreation. The harmonization and variation in your pitch are great ear candy.

Add a distortion effect to the vocals and it would sound a lot better. The track needs some slight touch ups, but overall - not bad.

I'm probably going to end up picking on all of your instrumentals because I honestly believe that's one of your weakest points. They're not awful. They just need tweaking. The vocals on this track however are excellent. The harmonization is beautiful, as are the lyrics and the structure is ok, a little weird though. Very little I'd change other than removing the auto-tune and placing in some ear candy in the vocal department.

6. How Far I'd Go

I dislike the instrumental again. I dislike the autotune. I also think that the song would sound better at a faster speed.

7. Loveless Sex

Wow! First off, that opening in the preview needs to be the opening to your entire track. I hope it is. I dislike the autotune again, the word don't flow as well as I'd like them to. The build is weak also. This song should get progressively more aggressive as it goes on. It starts out exciting, but I'm quite bored by the end of the clip.

This song has the potential to be one of your greatest. But the autotune needs to go, the track (despite not being that bad) needs a little touching up and your timing is not good. I see the direction you're going in, and I know what it sounds like in your head. It's going to be a great song when it's finished.

I've always though this track was a great one, but in need of a lot of work. If I were producing this track, it would be a ballad and the entire instrumental would be scrapped. I do really like the lyrics, and I think the speed on this track needs to be changed too. It's much to fast.

The instrumental is your best work in my opinion. Get rid of the autotune. Get rid of Jessi Cox. He should never be featured on anything ever again. That part was indeed awful.

Overall: Your ability to write a good song is not in question. You have amazing material, the production just isn't being done correctly. Your improvement is evident, but your relying on autotune is still no more impressive than it was when you first discovered how to use it. Cut it out get rid of it. Other than that, I think you're on the right track to finding a sound that is distinctly you. The flow of the album is great in my opinion.
Well Thank you Tim!
I know the production of the album isn't glorious, as in the industry's standards, but it's a start. I am getting better and better with each album. I'm glad you enjoyed some of the songs, and talk about the flow of the album. This is what I wanted to hear. I really would like you to listen to the whole album and review it for me.
I really would love to have the album mastered by a professional, but this is unrealistic right now, since i do not have the funds to do so.
With my first album, I really wasn't good at singing or creating melodies, or really any interesting songs for that matter. When I listen to my first album I cringe! lol So Actually I pulled the instrumentals of two songs of the debut album, and redid them completely lyric wise, and somewhat instrumental wise. They are "The Way My Heart Feels" and "Say Goodbye feat. Destiny Flora" Who is my best friend, and who can sing well.
For me this album was a true expression of how I feel, and wasn't thrown together quickly, just so I could have the status of "I Make Music, look at me!!" As was my last album. This album took real character, and feeling to make, so I am glad you enjoyed the previews. I hope you can listen to the full version soon enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~
^_^
ReplyPost New Thread