Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

"Lost And Delirious" - Movie about 2 schoolgirls in love

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-09-2003, 16:59   #21

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Yep, sounds familiar alright.

Sounds like a good movie. Also sounds like a good plot for a fanfic.
Old 16-10-2003, 21:31   #22
I love Yulia.

i love that movie!
Old 17-10-2003, 06:13   #23
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
hehehhehe that movie is THE movie! kinda pathetic (the ending) but you can have a lot of t.a.t.u's deja vu's :P the school uniforms, some of the lines :P it's a nice movie liked a lot
Old 22-10-2003, 11:56   #24
Участник

only watched a bit coz too boring!
Old 09-11-2003, 00:46   #25
Прохожий

i've seen that movie

It's one of my favorites, I loved Piper's performance in it and the whole thing was just awesome 8)
Old 12-11-2003, 20:02   #26
Участник

Its a great movie damn ! ! !
I love it so muuuuuuuuch ...
Old 13-11-2003, 08:49   #27
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Umm...i just bought the DVD because I couldn't find it in Blockbuster near my home. Gaaaah, I have to say I wasted 15 bucks! Am I the only one here who doesn't like it? The storyline was okay. But the characters are quite annoying. And those Shakespear's quotes just didn't go so well, they felt distracting. Some beautiful cinematography though.

Edit - "Show me love" is much better, imo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 10-07-2004, 18:52   #28
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to Татуфэнка Send a message via MSN to Татуфэнка Send a message via Yahoo to Татуфэнка
http://www.a-tribute-to-lost-and-del...creencaps2.htm
Some photos if u need
Old 31-07-2004, 04:58   #29
Lita

I love paulie!
Old 24-01-2005, 19:49   #30
I don't waste my time

"Lost And Delirious" - Movie about 2 schoolgirls in love

I watched this movie a couple of months ago. I had heard about it and downloaded it so I could watch it [just because it's not available on DVD here, of course I am *totally* anti-piracy ], because of the whole atmosphere - teen angst, lesbian love, school uniforms, secret encounters, etc.

This is what it's about:

Mary Bradford (Mischa Barton) is a shy, naive, freshman newcomer to a fancy girls boarding school where she strikes up a friendship with her two senior roommates, the overachieving Tori Moller (Jessica Paré ), and the voraciously poetry reading, unapologetic, closeted lesbian Paulie Oster (Piper Perabo). As Mary tries to adjust to her new suroundings, with some guidence from the local groundskeeper Joe Menzies (Graham Greene), she soon learns that Paulie and Tori are lovers. When Tori, under pressure from her classmates, wants to break it off with Paulie, she resorts to extreme measures to win Tori back.

These are the 3 girls...
Movie Trailer here [Windows Media Player]
More info on the IMDB

Anyway. I liked it, in general. But it could have been soooooo much better. The acting was great, but the character of Paulie is a little too cliché for my taste. If I were a lesbian, I'd pretty pissed to see another lesbian woman portrayed as 'butch' in all the worse way: wearing large, manly suit and tie for some school dance, etc. Why do people insist in this cliché of "butch and femme"? I mean, even if it's true to some extent, there is plenty of lesbian couples in which both women are overall feminine and look absolutely straight - and go to parties wearing dresses, not large manly suits. I think that insisting on that image of "feminine girl with the dress and butch girl with suit and tie" is pretty ridiculous. Yes, I know she wasn't in a suit and tie the whole movie, but still, lol, it's still cliché. And what annoyed me about that was that the movie has this whole indie attitude of like "hey, let's show how it really is", and it succeeds in many many aspects, but then brings in that cliché and then ruins that vibe.

So, I'd like to see if people who have seen it here share my opinions or not

For all the others, make sure you watch the movie! It has some REALLY graphic scenes! *turns on fan* Very different from all those cheap erotic movies, these ones look so real and HOT!
Old 24-01-2005, 20:01   #31
Infatuation

Send a message via ICQ to belissa
I love this film. i saw it for the first time maybe a year ago. And then I saw it for 4-5 times and I cry, cry and cry...The movie is so strong, powerful, emotional. But I don't like the end of it. Girls should run away from everybody and love each other.

So this movie is one of the most favourite mine... Maybe it's so because a lot of things in my life was closely connested with it for that period of my life...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired.
(c)Robert Frost

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafen gehen
Kann man uns am Himmel sehen
Wir haben Angst und sind allein
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
(c) Rammstein
Old 24-01-2005, 20:03   #32
Primetime Anchor

I'd say as staringelf, - it's generally not a bad movie but could be better. The story looks real enough. Can be recommended.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 24-01-2005, 20:05   #33
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by belissa
The movie is so strong, powerful, emotional. But I don't like the end of it. Girls should run away from everybody and love each other.
I didn't like the ending either. It could have been good, but they messed it up completely in my opinion, it was supposed to look very deep but it turned out to look pretty cheesy. And, yeah, if you're gonna go cheesy, at least put the two girls running away and loving each other
Old 24-01-2005, 20:45   #34
pie crust

I think I've seen that movie... does it have a forest and some huge bird involved?
Since I'm not sure, I better not comment...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-01-2005, 20:49   #35
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I think I've seen that movie... does it have a forest and some huge bird involved?
Yep
Old 24-01-2005, 20:53   #36
pie crust

Ooohhh... well I can't remember MUCH of it.. at first I was sort of excited when I found out the girls were a couple, I figured it would be a nice story to follow. But I took breaks inbetween the movie 'cause it got boring alot. The ending was nothing special either. I was really expecting something more powerful... it didn't really make me *think*.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-01-2005, 22:44   #37

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Татуфэнка

Quote:
error 404: Datei nicht gefunden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
Quote:
At first, she doesn't think much of it, but as she continues watching, she begins to see that Paulie and Tori may be more than just close friends.
She didn't think much of it at first?! Yeah, that's realistic.

I'd like to see this but I won't. Too shy to rent it.
Quote:
I mean, even if it's true to some extent, there is plenty of lesbian couples in which both women are overall feminine and look absolutely straight - and go to parties wearing dresses, not large manly suits.
Honestly, I rarely see that. It'd be nice if I saw it more often, but no. But really, I was awestruck when a girl on what was already my favorite show, (Rescue Me on FX for the people in the US, I can't recommend it enough) completely normal looking, came out as gay (or maybe it's just a phase! ). But it sucked that they didn't develop that story line very much. Hopefully they will go into that more in the 2nd season coming up. I still remember how it went:

Mom: "Do you know what your daughter did today?"
Dad: "No, what now?"
Mom: "She was sent home for making out in the hallway."
Dad: "What? That's against the rules?!"
Mom: "With a girl."
Dad: "Oh...Seriously?"

But thankfully her Dad was cool with it. In fact, not just cool with it, he seemed to be encouraging her to go ahead with it. Just what I would have done. It was the mother that never seemed to get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belissa
But I don't like the end of it. Girls should run away from everybody and love each other.
Now where would you come up with an idea like that?

I have read what happens, and I can say that's not the right thing to do. #1, ever heard of "If you love something, let it go"? And #2, as the song goes, suicide is extremely self-righteous.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 24-01-2005 at 23:10.
Old 24-01-2005, 23:26   #38
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I'd say as staringelf, - it's generally not a bad movie but could be better. The story looks real enough. Can be recommended.
OKie, I will rent it then ... so we can see it with sasha, in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

...i think it is in my Netflix queue anyways
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-01-2005, 23:46   #39
Primetime Anchor

coolasfcuk, Not that super worthy that you need to rent it. I have a feeling that you'll be dissapointed.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 24-01-2005, 23:52   #40
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
coolasfcuk, Not that super worthy that you need to rent it. I have a feeling that you'll be dissapointed.
oh ... well, no need to worry, I have that Netflix thing, where you pay 17 bucks a month and can rent all the movies you want without late fees ... and i already had it on my list .... besides, sasha has been known for watching some of those teenie flix ... and i wouldnt mind them myself for a no-brain movie that you watch to simply fall asleep in front of the t.v. (which is ME duing anything on t.v. lately!) lol

..Ill let you know what i think when we see it
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
ReplyPost New Thread