Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Close Enough To Touch

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 00:17   #81
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
ripp

yeah, i knw that but......im not saying that yulia must forget bout rain, all im saying is that lena here is some knda martyr.....
its so hard to luv someone knwing that the other one luvs somebody else...

on second thought......yulia defintly need somebody( who happens to be lena),to save her....

know i get it....its a simple twist of fate
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 09-06-2003, 00:44   #82
Участник

It's a fair question Warx. Even Yuila says more than once that *she* thinks it is unfair to Lena.

Ripp already made my point for me very well (thanks Ripp!). And I like the fact that you all care enough about the story to discuss it like this.

You don't ever forget the people you've loved, or even stop loving them. Yet somehow most of us are able to love again. One of the amazing things about the human heart and spirit.

Parrish
Old 09-06-2003, 00:53   #83
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
warx, the people coming into the picture after a couple has split apart tends to know what they're getting into. They know they weren't the first, but they hope they will be the last. Of course it's hard, but falling in love doesn't really give one a choice.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 09-06-2003, 11:56   #84
mmm...Yulia

well i think this story is great, and i love the way Yulia is portrayed... and the locker thing is cool too

whens the next chapter then?!! huh huh huh huh? hehe...
Old 09-06-2003, 13:54   #85
Участник

<giggle> Yay! Someone likes the running gag with the locker!

Actually, I had a devil of a time with my locker one year. My friends enjoyed watching me beat it with my fists and yelling at it. None of them had Yulia's gift though. They couldn't get it open either.

I'm typing up a chapter today. I had written it, but then reread it and decided it was missing something. So I rewrote it last night and like it *much* better now. I think you'll be happy with the results.

Oh, and the car wash story is true. The funny thing is, the customer who was waiting behind the jerk (and who had been telling me all along that the guy was acting like a jerk) started laughing hysterically when I turned the wash on and the idiot got hit with soap and water. When he recovered from his laughing fit, he told me that I was "his kind of woman" and asked me out. I never thought that an act of revenge would make me attractive to someone. LOL. I told him that I was flattered and that if 1) I wasn't in a relationship and 2) I was even 2% hetero I would have accepted. He took it well, said again that what I did was really cool, and then I went in to tell my boss what I'd done. She *knows* I rarely even snap at customers, so she said, "Well, he must have deserved it. Go ahead and leave before he comes in here to complain."

My boss can be pretty cool sometimes.

Parrish
Old 09-06-2003, 16:50   #86
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
haha..i love how you add personal stuff to the stories you write...the humor is just so great...

thanks again..and I am looking forward to the next chapter...too see what you liked *much* better!
Old 10-06-2003, 00:47   #87
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
haha..i love how you add personal stuff to the stories you write...the humor is just so great...
it def adds that little touch that makes the story pulitzer prize wothy

*take a bow parrish122!*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 10-06-2003, 01:12   #88
think again....

ripp & parrish

yeah i know...but hangning ur self in the past wont do anything gud in the present, intil u realize that its too late...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 10-06-2003, 02:17   #89
Участник

Well. Yulia is making steps forward. Baby steps, maybe, but she's making progress.

Parrish
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24   #90
Участник

Lol. Sadly, I have to agree with rh2k.

Last edited by Madonna; 10-06-2003 at 03:35.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:37   #91
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Oh come on you guys...

You can't expect Yulia to just instantly forget something like that. She lost someone incredibly close to her in a truly horrible way, and you can't expect her to just forget Rain now that Lena's there. Besides, if you died, and your significant other that you left behind fell in love with someone else, would you want them to just forget about you and what the two of you had? I highly doubt it.

The best way to start healing is to talk about it, which Lena understands and is getting Yulia to do.

Personally, I find the little stories about Rain cute. But then, that's just my opinion. ^_^

I'll say the same thing to you that I say to people who complain about things they see on TV: If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:46   #92
Участник

Hey, I didn't say I don't like this story. I don't like it, I LOVE it! Or else I wouldn't be reading it, as simple as that.

I'm not saying she shouldn't talk about her, because that would be just wrong you know. She did love her, that's why she talks about it and is still sad that she died (I would be too). But it's just that she talks too much about her. I feel that it is kind of unfair to Lena, like someone else already said. It's cool that Yulia lets Lena know about Rain and stuff. It's just that she talks about Rain all the time. If I was Lena, I would be kind of bothered by it, you know, the fact that my girlfriend talks about her ex ALL the time. It's like, you know "You're thinking so much about her you don't really think about me it seems". I don't know, then again, maybe it's just me.

-Madonna

*waiting for next chapter*
Old 10-06-2003, 03:55   #93
The Poke Master

True...

Except that Lena's the one that got her talking about it in the first place. It seems to me that Lena wants to know about Rain, partly because she wants to start the healing process on Yulia, and partly because Rain was a very important part of Yulia's life, and Lena wants to know about that aspect of Yulia's life. Part of Yulia is still in love with Rain, and I think Lena knows and accepts that, because she knows that Yulia loves her as well.

Just my two cents...^_^ If it even makes any sense...

And sorry if I sounded a little condescending in my last post...the subject was just really bugging me and I had to say something. -_-;;

*also waiting for the next chapter* ^_^
Old 10-06-2003, 04:26   #94
Участник

when i lost somebody really close to me (mom) she was all I thought about for almost two years, but I didn't talk about it to anybody, I kept it to myself, which hurt. I'm glad Yulia's opening up.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:57   #95
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
surferchickSD, that makes me sad.

I am sorry for ur loss...hopefully u can open up to someone sometime :O
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 10-06-2003, 12:54   #96
Участник

You guys *do* realize that Yulia has known Lena about a week in this fic, right? And that she knew Rain for over half her life?

*Laughs* I was worried that people would think that Yulia was getting over Rain too quick...that her falling for Lena so fast wouldn't come off as being realistic. Silly me.

And Surferchick is absolutely right...when someone you care about dies, it really is all you think about. Even if You are able to cover up the fact. You recover from the loss much quicker if you are able to talk about it.

Not that those of you who wish Yulia would stop talking about Rain don't have a right to an opinion. You certainly do.

But I'm going to write the story as it feels true to *me*.

Parrish
Old 11-06-2003, 00:21   #97
Участник

Almost forgot to say...

....I'm typing up chapters like mad. Honest. You'll get your fix soon.

And the next few chapters that I haven't written yet, but have outlined, are gonna blow your minds. Of course, I think some things in the chapters I *have* written will blow your minds as well.

I've said too much. Pay the babbling author no mind.

Parrish
Old 11-06-2003, 00:26   #98
think again....

still waiting.......
still waiting.......
still waiting....

patience is a virtue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 11-06-2003, 00:29   #99
The Poke Master

Heh...

Quote:
Originally posted by warx
patience is a virtue
I must not be very virtuous then... LOL
Old 11-06-2003, 01:59   #100
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
Well in the aspect of being bothered by it, I know people that would be bothered by Yulia's constant talking about it, yes. But I also know people that would let someone talk for ages and it doesn't bother them. They encourage the person, just as Lena is doing.

Not only does that show how understanding and patient they are, it also lets you see what type of profession these types of people should be in.

Someone like Lena in this story, clearly has the perfect qualities of a psychiatrist. So these people do exist. It's just that a majority of us can't relate our understanding like they do.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
ReplyPost New Thread