Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

The Princess and the Pauper (Fanfic)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 21-09-2003, 19:10   #21
what can I say...

Thanks for all the kind comments again you all make me blush you're so nice! Hope you enjoy this next chapter. Here it is..

Chapter 7 – Getting To Know Yul

Lena called in sick again on Tuesday because although Yulia had seemed to be in a better frame of mind when they had got up that morning she still wanted to be around just in case she reverted back to feeling low. Lena didn’t know why but Yulia brought out a protective streak in her that she never knew existed.

After watching Yulia carefully throughout the day Lena felt confident she could leave her alone in the apartment the following day and decided to broach the subject with her. “Yulia do you think you’d be alright being on your own here tomorrow I really can’t be off work for another day my boss didn’t sound too happy with me phoning in again today”

“No, you go, I’ll be fine. Do you want me to do anything, clean up or something?”

“No, you just rest and continue to eat loads – I want you to have doubled in weight by the end of the week!” Lena joked

“I’ll do my best!” Yulia’s shallow cheeks were already beginning to fill out, the greyness of her complexion disappearing and her blue eyes starting to sparkle with life. Lena couldn’t believe the difference just a few days had made it was just a pity she wouldn’t really be around to spend time with her until the weekend.

As far as Lena was concerned Wednesday morning came way too soon. She had returned to her own bedroom last night and had missed the comfort that sharing a bed with Yulia had brought her. Having Yulia stay with her made her realise that she didn’t really like living alone and having no one to talk to and spend her time with, she had without realising it been very lonely for a long time.

Getting up for work was always difficult for Lena as she hated early morning starts. Once she arrived at the office she was fine but those first few minutes climbing out of bed into the cool quietness of the morning was always hard for her to deal with and this morning she hadn’t even left her apartment and was already looking forward to coming home to discover even more about her new friend.

When Yulia got up she staggered sleepily into the kitchen noticing a note propped up against the microwave. It read:

Hey sleepyhead, I guess you finally decided to get up! There’s plenty of food in the fridge for you and I will bring home something for dinner - a night off for you from my cooking, you lucky thing! Have a good day, see you later Love Lena x

Yulia smiled to herself as she read the note, Lena was so sweet and kind she really wanted to show her how much she appreciated everything she had done for her. As Yulia set about putting some breakfast together she thought hard about what she could do for Lena and looked around the apartment and saw that although it wasn’t particularly untidy or dirty it hadn’t been cleaned for a few days. So once she finished her breakfast she put on some of the clothes Lena had pulled out for her and set about her task of cleaning.

When Lena got home she was astonished by the sight that greeted her, the apartment was absolutely spotless, it had never looked as good. “Hello is anybody home?” There was no answer. Lena took her opportunity to sneak into her bedroom to hide the large bags she had brought home with her. She literally threw them inside her room before returning to the lounge area to look for Yulia.

Yulia appeared from the guest room obviously having just woken up, her long hair rumpled and her eyelids droopy. “Hi were you asleep?” Lena said stating the obvious.

“Yeah, I dunno what happened I just lay down for a minute and then I heard you shouting, weird huh?” Yulia mumbled.

“Well, you’ve been a busy girl haven’t you? This place has never looked this good you’re a little star Yulia, you really are” Lena bent down and kissed the smaller girl on the cheek in thanks.

“Well I just wanted to do something to say thanks.” Yulia could feel herself blushing she just hoped it wasn’t so obvious to Lena.

“You didn’t have to you know but thanks again, you’re really cheered me up”

“Why, have you had a bad day?” Yulia asked concerned.

“Well its not been the best, let’s just say I’m glad to be home” Lena rolled her eyes as she thought of her disastrous day. “So, what do you want for dinner – Indian, Chinese, pizza, McDonalds?”

“I thought you were bringing something home, if I’d have known I would have cooked something.”

“You’ve done enough Yul… so come on what do you want to eat?”

“Chinese?”

“Cool, Chinese it is.” Lena opened the kitchen drawer pulling out a large selection of take away menus.

“Do you have takeaway every night?” Yulia asked cheekily.

“Ok, I admit it, yes, you see I’m not really a fan of meals for one.” Lena confessed holding her hand up.

“Excuses, excuses.” Yulia tutted exaggeratedly.

“Well, you know…” It was Lena’s turn to blush.

“Seriously Lena, I’m not the greatest cook in the world but I don’t mind cooking, at least let me do some cooking for you while I’m here”

“What do you mean while you’re here? Where you planning on going?” Lena could feel herself slightly panicking, the last thing she wanted was for Yulia to go, she was only just getting to know her but she already liked her so much.

“I just figured when I’m better I should get out of your face before I out stay my welcome.” Yulia studied the floor intently, she didn’t want to see Lena agree with her, she was really dreading the thought of having to leave and go back out there…

“Hey, I want you here, you can stay as long as you want – you’re great to have around so we’ll have less of that talk of leaving.” Lena said grabbing Yulia’s arm and forcing her to look her in the eyes. Yulia let out a sigh of relief that had been exactly what she had wanted to hear from the pretty redhead.

After Lena had collected the food from the Chinese restaurant and they had wolfed down the banquet they had ordered Lena disappeared into her bedroom to change out of her work clothes. She reappeared ten minutes later carrying a huge bag full of goodies. Yulia who had been washing the dishes they had used for dinner wondered why on earth Lena was looking so pleased with herself.

“What you got there” Yulia asked her curiosity getting the better of her as she put the last of the dishes away.

“Ahh, come and sit down and I’ll show you” Lena said mysteriously. When Yulia sat down on the sofa. “Wait here and shut your eyes.”

Lena got up and carried one of the bags into the kitchen to Yulia’s confusion. “Why?”

“Just close them” Yulia closed her eyes, a wide smile playing on her lips. “Right you can open them now.” Lena had turned the lights off and was now walking towards her carrying a large cake full of candles and launched into a rendition Happy Birthday. Yulia found it extremely hard not to brim over with emotion. Lena was by far the sweetest person she had ever met and she was incredibly touched that she cared enough to make such an effort it meant the world to her.

“Happy Birthday Yulia” Lena said placing the cake in front of her

“Thanks but isn’t a bit late” Yulia felt a little embarrassed she wasn’t used to this sort of fuss.

“It’s never too late for birthday cake, come on make a wish” Yulia smiled at Lena warmly before focusing hard on the candles blowing as hard as she could making her secret wish – she wanted to stay here with Lena forever.

“And now” Lena said excitedly “now it’s time for presents!” She pulled the huge bag in front of her and pulled out the first beautifully wrapped present. It had been a long time since anyone had bought her presents so Yulia savoured the moment shaking the soft parcel trying to guess its contents. “Mmm, what can this be?”

“Open it up and you’ll find out” Lena was so excited; she hoped Yulia would like what she had bought her. Yulia needed no further invitation and happily ripped the wrapping paper off to find two pairs of designer jeans and a pair of black combats.

“Aww Lena! Thanks! These are really cool!” Yulia gave Lena a huge bear hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“There’s more” Lena said fully revelling in Yulia’s happiness

“Hey, you didn’t have to spend all your money on me Lena, I’m not worth it”

“Of course you are. Don’t be silly.” Lena dismissed Yulia’s comment instantly, seeing Yulia looking so happy was worth every penny she had spent, that beautiful smile was priceless. “They’re birthday presents anyway, now come on open this one up”

Yulia was handed another soft package expecting to receive more clothes. She was right it contained an array of trendy tops Yulia was delighted to find that Lena had fantastic taste. “Oh thanks ever so much, these are sooo cool, I love them!”

“No problem, only the best for you my dear.” Lena said sincerely. “Now for the next one”

“There’s more?” Yulia felt she was being spoilt rotten by Lena and was concerned that she had spent too much money on her but she had to admit to herself she was loving every minute.

“Course there is” This time Lena held out two envelopes, one blue and one yellow. “Choose one” Yulia picked the blue envelope and opened it quickly. It was a gift voucher for the huge designer department store in town. “I just thought you could pick up some make up or something else to wear, it’s entirely up to you” Lena said before Yulia had chance to react to the gift

“Thanks Lena” Lena was again rewarded with the widest smile, Yulia’s blue eyes crinkling in the corners, her cheeks dimpling in the cutest way Lena losing her train of thought for a few seconds as she gazed at Yulia.

Lena came back down to earth as she realised she still had one more present for Yulia. “And the last one, I think you’ll like this one” Lena said holding out the envelope to Yulia.

Yulia ripped the envelope to shreds in her hurry to read the contents – it was the best one by far in her opinion – a hair makeover at the best salon in town. “Oh Lena, thank you, thank you, thank you!” Yulia brimmed over with enthusiasm.

“You’re welcome, welcome, welcome!” Lena laughed. “The only thing is I could only get you an appointment a week on Friday”

“Never mind, it’s still fantastic!” Yulia’s features were so animated; she looked like she was positively going to burst with excitement Lena thought to herself in amusement.

“So what you gonna have done then?”

“Well, I’m not sure, definitely short but not sure how short yet.” Yulia said looking deep in thought.

“Really? I can’t imagine you with short hair.” Lena said in surprise.

“Before I ended up on the streets I always pretty much had short hair – it’s all part of being the real Yulia Volkova” It seemed such a long time ago to Yulia and putting a hand through the full length of her hair only confirmed to her that it had been too long.

“Mmm, I’ll look forward to meeting her, what’s she like?” Lena teased.

“Head strong, a bit mental, creative, fun to be around.” Yulia said reeling off her qualities.

“So the same you but with short hair”

“Yah!” They both laughed at this and spent the remainder of the night eating cake, Yulia tried on some of her new clothes and they went to the supermarket to get some food in for Yulia to cook dinner the next day. They laughed and joked until bedtime came too soon.
Old 23-09-2003, 18:39   #22
Участник

Wow! I *really* like this fic!

More please.

Parrish
Old 23-09-2003, 19:37   #23
Участник

woohoo! awesome awesome story! can't wait for more!
Old 24-09-2003, 00:53   #24
keep 'em guessing

Quote:
Originally posted by parrish122
Wow! I *really* like this fic!

More please.

amen to that!
Old 24-09-2003, 01:21   #25
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
I'm with everyone else on this one. This fic rocks my fic loving socks! ^_^

As I say about all awesome people, you rock!
Old 24-09-2003, 03:25   #26
*gasp*

Send a message via MSN to Devilish Yulia Send a message via Yahoo to Devilish Yulia
this story is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for the next chap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
(¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨~Ð¥_çHrÎ$§î?!~¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨)
When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes, And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies, I'll be your strength, I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone The one you should call, Was standing here all along...
Old 24-09-2003, 13:38   #27
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
This fic is awesome!!!! I love it! Can't wait for more!
Old 24-09-2003, 20:39   #28
Julia...Dayuuuuum!!

Omg i love it soooo much! Its so so so good!
Old 05-10-2003, 19:33   #29
what can I say...

Chapter 8 – Hostel Hell

“Is Elena in?” Yulia answered the door to a very confused looking man in his late twenties.

“Yeah, she’s just in the shower” Yulia wondered who the hell this guy was, Lena’s boyfriend?

“YUL, WHO IS IT?” Lena having heard the doorbell yelled out from the bathroom.

Before Yulia had chance to ask the stranger who he was he had pushed past her into the apartment and was yelling back to Lena. “It’s Roman Elena”

Elena? Yulia thought, why the f**k was he calling her that? Lena didn’t like being called Elena. Yulia already disliked Roman, he was good looking sure but there was something about him, which made her feel very uneasy. She couldn’t put her finger on why she had taken an instant dislike to him but surely he couldn’t be so bad if Lena liked him. Could he?

While Yulia had been staying with Lena she had heard very little about Roman apart from he was good looking, rich and worked long hours and was away frequently. Lena had received a few fleeting phone calls in the week apologising for not seeing her or calling her, making what to Yulia seemed lame excuses. From what she had overheard Lena had lapped up his excuses just happy to hear from him. He was obviously an idiot as far as Yulia was concerned if he didn’t want to spend all his time with the most beautiful, sweet, kind hearted girl in the world – she was Yulia’s idea of a perfect woman anyway.

As an awkward silence descended in the apartment Lena came out of the bathroom wearing only a towel to hide her modesty, her red hair dangling around her shoulders in damp ringlets. “Hi Roman honey. What a nice surprise!” she exclaimed smiled warmly at him.

“If I’d known you’d be in the shower I would have come a few minutes earlier and joined you” Lena blushed obviously embarrassed by Roman’s innuendo in front of Yulia. Ignoring his lust filled expression Lena turned to introduce her two favourite people to one another. She could feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach she really wanted them to like each other. However, looking at the way they were weighing each other up it seemed Lena was going to be disappointed.

“Roman Popov, this is Yulia Volkova, now if you guys wanna get acquainted while I go and dry my hair and get dressed I’ll be back in ten” Lena introduced them only briefly feeling rather embarrassed stood there wrapped in no more than a flimsy towel.

“Don’t get dressed I like you all naked!”

“Oh Roman, behave yourself, I’m sure Yulia doesn’t wanna hear all this kinda talk.” Lena could feel her face was flushing bright red but she couldn’t help but feel all giggly and girly. She wasn’t used to receiving this kind of attention and she liked it, it was nice to be desired by someone but she didn’t want Yulia to feel uncomfortable.

“You don’t mind do you doll?” Roman turned to Yulia involving her in the conversation for the first time.

Doll? Was he for real? Yulia stood there mute, the last thing she wanted to do was listen to him talking dirty to Lena. He should save that for the bedroom.

“Anyway” Lena said breaking the silence yet again “Go and pour yourself a drink and I’ll be right back”

“Ok gorgeous” Roman winked arrogantly at Lena before sweeping past Yulia and into the kitchen. Yulia wanting to keep her distance from Roman returned to the lounge to watching the TV drama she had started to watch before she had gone to answer the door. She wished she had ignored the doorbell now, she had been looking forward to spending another cosy night in with Lena but Roman’s arrival had put paid to that. However, Yulia hadn’t managed to escape Roman as she had thought. He entered the room, a tumbler of whiskey in hand plonking himself down on the sofa in front of her, purposely, in her opinion anyway, obscuring the television set as he walked by.

“So, ermm..” he started.

“Yulia, my name’s is Yulia” She could feel herself beginning to lose her cool but she tried hard to bite down on her notoriously short temper.

“Yeah, whatever babes, so how’d you know Elena, I’ve never heard her mention you before” he probed.

“We’re old friends, I haven’t seen her for ages until recently” Yulia said off hand trying to dismiss the subject quickly.

“So what you doing in town?”

Yulia began to tap her foot impatiently. God was this twenty questions or something? All he had to do was shine a flashlight in her eyes and she would totally feel like she was being interrogated by the FBI. Couldn’t he see she couldn’t be bothered to talk to him? “I’m looking for somewhere to live so Lena offered to put me up while I look for a place.”

“Yes Elena” he emphasised “she’s very accommodating…”

Yulia interrupted him sarcastically. “Well yes she is providing me accommodation so I guess that does make her accommodating”.

“Yes, like I was saying she’s very accommodating, people sometimes take advantage of sweet natured souls like Elena don’t they?” Roman’s meaning was not hidden to Yulia, she knew exactly what he was getting at and it didn’t wash with her coming from him.

“Yes, especially those who know they can get away with murder and take the piss out of people like Lena who deserve so much better” Yulia said through clenched teeth, her penetrating blue eyes locked with Roman’s brown ones in an icy glare.

Roman didn’t respond, he simply drained his whiskey, slammed the empty tumbler down on the coffee table and left the lounge. Yulia heard Lena’s bedroom door slam shut and the sound of Lena giggling as Roman moved in for the kill– he was clearly bored of small talk…

Yulia having been shunned by Lena in favour of Roman soon gave up on trying to focus on the TV as no matter how hard she tried to concentrate on the show she was watching she just couldn’t bear the thought of having another run in with Roman tonight. He had gotten under her skin to the point where she felt she could happily stab him repeatedly with a large kitchen knife. She eventually decided that the best thing to do was to retreat to the guest room to seek solitude. No sooner had she washed and changed for bed and climbed under the bed covers she could hear loud groaning noises emitting from Lena’s room.

Yulia hadn’t realised before but Lena’s bed was pushed up against the same wall as her bed. The walls were apparently very thin as the headboard on Lena’s bed was banging against it with Roman obviously pounding hard into Lena. It made Yulia feel physically sick. Roman having sex with Lena just seemed an alien concept to her. How could they possibly fit together, have anything in common, let alone enough for Lena to want to have sex with him?

The moans she could hear intensified until she heard Lena scream out what sounded more in pain than joy. Then it went quiet, too quiet. Lena was alright, wasn’t she? If that bastard had hurt her well…

“Elena how was it for you baby” Roman finally spoke up after what seemed hours to Yulia.

“Mmm, great” Yulia felt uncomfortable listening to their conversation but she was compelled to listen.

“Yeah, it was, wasn’t it? Just call me Mr Good F**k!” Yulia heard Lena laugh and she shook her head and rolled her eyes to herself. More like Mr Right Pr**k!

“Wonder what your friend made of our little sex show, do you reckon she liked what she heard?” No! Yulia answered him silently, she did not!

“Oh, she won’t have heard anything these walls are pretty sound proof.” Yeah right Yulia thought, so sound proof she could hear every word they were saying.

“But I really made you scream!” Roman bragged.

“Yeah you did!”

“So how long is she gonna be here? I hope not too long. I know I’m greedy but I want you all to myself.” Yulia could hear him kiss Lena and she listened attentively waiting for Lena’s response. Roman wanted her out so what was Lena going to say and do? She had told Yulia she could stay as long as she wanted the other day was she going to change her mind now that Roman was paying her a bit of attention?

“She’s only staying a few more days so don’t worry about it you’ll have me all to yourself before too long” Lena finally answered.

It was just as Yulia had feared. The novelty of rescuing her had obviously worn off for Lena, she was like everybody else – she didn’t give a s**t about Yulia. Surprisingly, she felt more sad than angry as the tears meandered silently down her cheeks. She didn’t feel that she had the right to be angry at Lena, she had saved her life, given her the chance to clean up and sort her head out, for which she would always be grateful.

Yulia almost felt that she had disappointed Lena for her to want to discard her instead of Roman. Maybe he had been right when he had said she had taken advantage of Lena’s good nature, she had probably had enough, which was understandable.

More than anything Yulia couldn’t bear to face up to the prospect of Lena throwing her out. She knew that however nice Lena had been to her if she wanted her to leave it would probably involve her behaving nastily towards her. Yulia wanted the happy memories she had accumulated in the short time she had stayed with Lena to remain intact. That was why she was going to do the noble thing and leave of her own accord. If Lena didn’t want to help her anymore she would have to help herself.

The next morning Yulia awoke to the sound of birds chirping cheerfully, the early morning sunlight beginning to filter in through the curtains. Instead of getting up she lay contemplating what she was going to say to Lena about her leaving the apartment. However, she wanted to wait for Roman to go because she knew she would be unable to talk to Lena properly without him interrupting so she waited, lying perfectly still staring up at the ceiling listening for any signs of movement from the adjacent bedroom.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity she heard a familiar sleepy yawn and the dull thud of footsteps heading out of Lena’s room. Yulia smiled despite herself, Lena was obviously up for work and it sounded like she was at her usual ‘best’ for this time in a morning. Yulia had thought that she was bad in the mornings but Lena was the worst. Her hair was always wild and frizzy reminiscent of a red curly afro, a zombified expression on her features with only the merest grunts passing as conversation. She was still cute though, to Yulia anyway.

Any other morning she would have expected Lena to knock for her to wake up and join her for breakfast. However, as Lena already had a breakfast companion this morning Yulia didn’t dare get her hopes up. Then to her surprise she heard Lena’s customary tap on the door, she hadn’t forgotten her after all.

“Yulia? Are you awake?” Lena said in almost a whisper through the door.

Yulia considered not replying but in the end she answered. “Yeah, I’m awake”

“Good, can I come in please?”

“Yeah sure”

Lena pushed the door back and looked over at Yulia and noticed that something wasn’t quite right with her as she looked incredibly tired and pale. Feeling concern for the small girl she moved from the doorway and sat at the side of Yulia where she lay in bed. “Are you alright?” She pressed the palm of her hand against Yulia’s forehead.

“I’m fine” Yulia answered on autopilot. Why did she have to pretend to be concerned when she didn’t care less and wanted her out?

“Mmm, you don’t have a temperature but you look really pale, are you sure you’re alright?” Again Lena sounded very concerned only succeeding in irritating Yulia further.

“Look, I said I’m fine ok!” Yulia snapped. Lena was so fake.

“Whoa, there’s no need to bite my head off especially at this time in a morning I was only asking!” Lena retorted

“Sorry, I’m just a bit tired, I didn’t mean to snap at you”

“Did I wake you up just then?” Lena could see that Yulia was unhappy about something as she had never been moody like this with Lena before.

“No, I’ve been awake for ages” She felt like yelling at Lena, telling her that she had never gotten to sleep in the first place, that it was all because of her, all because she didn’t want her and it hurt so badly.

“Do you want some breakfast? I’m doing the works – bacon, egg, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, everything basically” Lena was desperate to reverse Yulia’s mood but it even the prospect of a hearty breakfast didn’t light up Yulia’s lovely face.

“No it’s ok I’ll make something in a bit” At that moment her stomach decided to betray her hunger letting out a huge thunderous rumble.

“Sounds like your little tummy can’t wait” Lena affectionately patted her stomach and Yulia could feel her mood melting towards Lena, her guard falling once again. Then Lena decided to have some fun and turned the playful pat into a tickle, pinning Yulia down and making her laugh hysterically. Neither one of them heard Roman enter the room. “What are you two doing? I thought we were having breakfast Elena” He sounded extremely exasperated.

“Just coming honey, I was just trying to persuade Yulia to get up and join us for breakfast,” she said sweetly looking mischievously at Yulia.

Roman didn’t look impressed, his brown eyes black with annoyance. “Well, if you can finish up your girl on girl action, I need breakfast like now as some of us have to be at work in about an hour” he sniped

“Ok Roman, I’m sorry, I’m coming now” Lena said apologetically climbing off Yulia and going to follow Roman out of the bedroom before stopping and turning around to Yulia. “Are you coming Yul, I’d really appreciate a hand serving Mr Grumpy B*****d his breakfast”

“Yeah but only if I can give him a sneezer!” Yulia said it in a light-hearted tone forgetting the anger she had felt some minutes ago towards Lena. She would love to slip him some poison, who was he to speak to them like that as if they were just s**t on his shoe.

“Ha, yeah, you’re so funny Yul! Come on sweetie let go cook breakfast so we can send him off to work and out of our way” It sounded a good idea to Yulia, then she could talk to Lena alone, she wasn’t looking forward to it but unfortunately it had to be done.

Roman quickly had his breakfast before finally leaving Lena and Yulia alone in the apartment. They washed up the breakfast dishes in virtual silence before Yulia cleared her throat in preparation to talk to Lena. It wasn’t going to be easy.

“Lena can I talk to you about something” Yulia asked in a small voice.

“Will it take long Yul ‘cause I need to have a shower before I go to work and I think I’m gonna be a bit pushed for time, is that alright?” she enquired

“Yeah, it can wait if you’re busy. If you wanna go and shower I can finish up here if you like.” Part of Yulia was relieved to put this talk off because although she had been upset by what Lena had said to Roman the previous night Lena had been her usual kind and caring self this morning. This only succeeded in making it even harder for her to broach the subject of leaving.

“Aww thanks, I’ll try and hurry up so we can talk before I go, just bear with me, ok?”

“Yeah, no problem” God she was such a wimp why the hell couldn’t she just blurt it all out into the open?

Lena rushed off to get ready for work while Yulia got on with cleaning up in the kitchen. Life was so unfair. Yulia had hit rock bottom, been rescued by an ‘angel’ and was at long last emerging from the shadows and now she was going to be dragged back into the underworld, with the cheats, liars, thieves and prostitutes. It was no place for the sad and the lonely, she knew from experience these people often paid the ultimate price.

She couldn’t go back to that because she was sure it would kill her once and for all. She needed a plan, that way she could live a full life again – she craved it so badly.

“Yulia, I’m sorry, I gotta dash I’ll see you later ok” Lena was running towards the front door her overcoat hanging half on half off, her handbag trailing the floor as she struggled to put it on properly.

“Mmm, I’ll see you later Lena” Yulia responded weakly.

“Yeah, Byee!”

“Goodbye” The door had already slammed shut and Yulia stared at the space Lena had just vacated and then she realised she had just seen Lena for the last time.

Old 05-10-2003, 19:42   #30
what can I say...

Chapter 8 cont.

Lena obviously didn’t have time for Yulia so the best thing for her to do was simply pack up and leave; Lena and Roman deserved each other as far as she was concerned.

Yulia made herself a cup of tea and sat down to ponder her next move. She didn’t want to sleep out on the streets and so she was going to need help. She knew that there was a hostel in town that if you arrived before a certain time you could get a bed for the night. They also apparently had councillors who could help you get long-term housing and jobs – she hoped that the rumours were true.

When she had made her decision to try her luck at the hostel Yulia jumped into the shower for what would probably be the last time for a while. She knew how notoriously difficult it was to remain clean when you were homeless, you could barely even manage to feed yourself. She looked around the guest room before making up the bed and deciphering what she could take with her.

She looked at all the gifts Lena had bought for her just a few days ago as belated birthday presents. Knowing that Lena’s feelings towards her weren’t as she had thought the meaning she had attached to them was voided. She didn’t want to take any of them but seeing as she no longer had the clothes she had worn out on the streets she had no choice so she packed a small bag with a few items of clothing in, a toothbrush and some toothpaste. She looked around the room again once more before shutting the door for the last time on what had been her safe haven for the past few weeks.

Going out into the living room she memorised the surroundings and the happy times she had spent in the apartment with Lena. Yulia decided that despite the disappointment she felt about her time at Lena’s coming to such an acrimonious end she wanted at least to show Lena that she had appreciated everything she had done for her. It wasn’t much but Yulia decided to cook one last meal for Lena as a token gesture. She made her a batch of spaghetti bolognaise as she knew how much she liked spaghetti and she had loved the batch that Yulia had made just the previous week.

Once she had finished cooking for Lena she made herself a small lunch. Although she knew it would be the last decent meal she would have for the foreseeable future she found it difficult to eat as her stomach was in knots at having to leave the comfort and safety of Lena’s apartment to wander once again into the unknown. She thought she had left all that uncertainty behind once and for all, how wrong she had been; she was about to find out. But first she had to write a letter to Lena explaining why she had left and she didn’t know where to start.

As she was writing tears coursed down her cheeks and her neck forming small pools on the letter, slightly blotching the ink. By the time she had finished she felt completely drained of all emotion having poured her heart out on the paper before her. She had told Lena all she had wanted her to know, how she felt, exactly why she had left, no pretending. Even though she hadn’t had the guts to tell Lena herself it was better than lying to her face that she wanted to leave when in fact she would have killed to be able to stay. It didn’t matter though because Lena was now just another face from her past, one that she was unlikely to revisit.

When Lena arrived home she had the feeling that something was drastically wrong. The apartment was too quiet, Yulia no matter what she was doing was never quiet you could always feel her presence because she had so much vigour. So where was she? Lena checked every room in the apartment and there was no sight or sound of her. It was really strange.

Upon closer inspection she saw that there was a batch of spaghetti in the kitchen ready for dinner, alongside it was a letter. Lena started to read it a huge lump forming in her throat as she read and her eyes glistening with tears. Yulia had tried to talk to her that morning and she hadn’t realised how serious the situation was at the time. Without realising it she had inadvertantly pushed Yulia out the door. It sickened her to her stomach.

The letter read:

Dear Lena,

By now you will know that I am no longer at the apartment. I have decided it is best for everyone that I leave and go to a hostel. I really appreciate everything you have done for me and although you told me lots of times that you are happy for me to stay as long as I want I know that it is not what you really wanted. I heard you telling Roman last night that you wanted me to go and that’s why I have left. I don’t blame you for wanting me to go after all I am a virtual stranger to you, I only wished you have been honest about the way you felt. Again thank you ever so much for what you have done for me, it has been wonderful staying here.

Lots of love

Yulia x

P.S – Enjoy the spaghetti, I know it’s your favourite.

The last line made Lena break down and sob, Yulia unlike the majority of the people around her actually cared about her and now she was gone and it was all her own fault. It struck her that Yulia heard her telling Roman that Yulia would be gone in a few days, she must have thought that Lena had stabbed her in the back. Poor Yul. If only she had known why Lena had said that, that she had decided to reply that way so that she didn’t alert Roman to the fact that she had brought Yulia in off the streets. He would probably have made Yulia’s life a living hell and she hadn’t been prepared to do that, to let another person judge Yulia because circumstances had dictated that she ended up homeless.

Although she had only known Yulia for a few weeks they had a strong bond, she was probably the best friend Lena had ever had. Lena struggled to believe that Yulia had heard what she had said because she had been so certain that no one could hear anything outside those bedroom walls. Yulia must have heard everything, including them having sex. Knowing that made Lena feel worse because if she had been in Yulia’s position she would have felt isolated and incredibly uncomfortable and that was the last thing she would ever want to do to her little friend. No wonder Yulia had looked so tired and pale that morning she was obviously really upset because she thought Lena didn’t care were in this case the exact opposite was true. God she had messed up again, why did she always manage to drive everyone she cared about away?

As Lena re-read the letter she saw that it said that Yulia was going to a hostel. The only one Lena knew of in town was only a ten-minute drive away. She would find her and bring her back and explain because the only time this apartment had felt like home since she had been there was when Yulia was with her, she needed to bring her friend back home.

It took Yulia an hour to walk to the hostel and even longer for her to get a bed as they asked her several awkward and humiliating questions about where she had been living and about her sexual history and activities. This had shocked her. However, once she was within the confines of the hostel and was allocated a bed she had realised why they had probed so much. Yulia was surrounded by all the lowest of the lowlifes you could ever imagine, all in one large dormitory. She put her bag down by the side of the old, saggy and soiled bed that belongs to her for the night then took a moment to look around. Most of the ‘people’ looked deranged and totally out of it, all wild-eyed and dead inside. Why did she have to live this nightmare again?

On her left hand side in the next bed was a balding middle-aged man. He kept staring at Yulia in a sinister way, flicking his tongue back and forth across his lips seemingly revelling in the discomfort he saw in Yulia’s face. He smiled wickedly his nicotine stained teeth like tombstones in his mouth causing Yulia to visibly reel back in shock. She had never in her life seen such a gruesome sight his freak show features sending a chill down her spine. Yulia’s reaction only provoked him to further his acts of vulgarity as he began to touch his groin area provocatively.

Yulia looked away but she could still hear him laughing uncontrollably enjoying the thrill he got out of harassing the diminutive girl. She could only cringe and pray that he would tire of pestering her and fall asleep. She knew having him lying next to her would mean she would have another sleepless night. She couldn’t envisage sleeping too well knowing that he could be hovering over her preparing to take of advantage.

One more look around at everyone else in the dormitory and Yulia could feel herself sinking into a depression staring down at her old worn quilt having seen enough of these people already. How was she going to get through the night?

Then her heart skipped a beat, someone had their hand on her shoulder. It was the revolting tramp, the alcohol toxins he was emitting stinging her nostrils, his superior strength getting the better of her. He grasped her hand. What the hell was he doing? At that moment she thought she saw a familiar face but it couldn’t be…could it?

Lena managed to get to the hostel in record-breaking time. She just hoped she hadn’t picked up any speeding tickets on the way but saying that she didn’t really care. The most important thing was finding Yulia and taking her home. As she pulled up outside of the hostel she noted that it was a stone structure, all grey and gloomy and very prison like. Lena collected herself together to try and gain enough momentum to project herself through the door. She knew she had to be on her guard as this was potentially a very difficult situation and if Yulia wasn’t there...She had to stop thinking like that she told herself, Yulia had to be there it was as simple as that. With that she entered the hostel.

There was a bored looking woman on reception. She looked surprised to see Lena she was clearly expecting some down and out. “Hello, can I help you?” she said putting on a pleasant voice.

“Erhm I was wondering if you could tell me if Yulia Volkova is staying here tonight?” Lena smiled sweetly at the woman trying to endear herself to her.

“I’m sorry but I can’t divulge that type of information” Her tone had altered dramatically wavering somewhere between uncooperative and hostile.

“Why not?” Lena questioned in a firm voice.

“That information is strictly private and confidential. If that girl wanted you to know if she was here or not I think she would have told you herself.” The woman seemed to grow in authority acting as a human barrier between Lena and Yulia.

“But” Lena retorted feebly.

“I’m sorry, there is nothing I can do.” She sounded anything but sorry.

“This is ridiculous” Lena could feel herself about to positively burst with anger.

“Like I’ve already said I’m sorry.”

Lena turned to walk out the door. She was determined she was not going to give up, she could sense that Yulia was in that building somewhere she just had to find a way to get in and search for her. But how was she supposed to get in without being noticed? This place was like Fort Knox. She hung around outside the building for a while, weighing up her next move.

After a few minutes Lena noticed that her luck was in and that the receptionist had left her desk unattended. She ran inside quickly making her way through some double doors and into the main dining hall. All she could see were people preparing food in the kitchen hatch totally oblivious to her presence. However, she crept through the room trying to keep the lowest possible profile knowing if she got caught she may never find Yulia.

There was another large room. Through the glass doors she could see that it contained rows of beds. Yulia! The small dark haired girl was sat on a bed looking utterly miserable and dejected staring down at the bed covers as some tramp leered at her from the next bed. Yulia wasn’t paying attention to him and at that moment he stood up placing a hand on her shoulder grabbing her hand and lowering it to his nether region. Lena saw red. She ran in and up to the pervert shoving him hard away from Yulia.

“Leave her alone you f**king old perv. Who do the f**k do you think you are to do that to her?” Lena spat venomously at the tramp waving her fist in his face. He was no longer smiling, the redhead was giving him some serious grief and he didn’t like it one little bit.

Lena feeling she had adequately dealt with the tramp turned her attention to Yulia. “Yulia, you’re not staying here no way, you’re coming home with me now.”

Yulia not quite being able to comprehend what was happening jumped to her feet. Lena seeing her bag on the floor picked it up and threw it over her shoulder putting a protective arm around Yulia before marching her outside past the bewildered receptionist, out of the hostel and into the car park.

Yulia eventually regained her ability to speak as Lena unlocked the car and threw Yulia’s bag onto the back seat. “Lena what you doing here? Why the hell did you just do that?”

“Because you don’t need to be here, I don’t want you to be here, I want you at home with me” Lena declared placing her hands on Yulia’s shoulders and looking deeply into her eyes.

“But. But I don’t understand, you said to Roman…”

Lena cut her off. “It was bulls**t, I just said it to get him off my back for a while. If you knew what he was like you’d know that it’s the best way to deal with him because what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. I was going to tell him in a few days that you are staying permanently. Believe me Yulia, I want you to be there with me”

Yulia looked imploringly into Lena crystal clear green eyes wanting to believe what she was hearing but it still made more sense to her that Lena would want her to go more than she would ever want her to stay. What had she got to offer Lena? “But I don’t want to put on you Lena it’s not fair.”

“You’re not going to put on me just let me help you sort things out and then you’ll be fine-just don’t leave me!” Lena said a touch of desperation creeping into her voice.

“Leave you?” Yulia could not suppress her surprise or her delight; Lena didn’t want her to leave her!

“Yes, I’m sick of being alone” Lena was on the verge of tears biting her bottom lip to stop it from quivering.

“Hey Lena, don’t cry” Yulia engulfed her in a bear hug enjoying the warmth of Lena’s body pressed against hers shutting her eyes and inhaling the scent of her hair. She held Lena for a time rubbing a hand soothingly up and down her back until Lena’s sniffles died away. She withdrew from the hug regaining eye contact with Lena.

“Lena if you really want me to come back I’d love to, if you’ll have me?” Yulia still wanted to be sure it was what Lena really wanted, she knew she was being overly paranoid but she couldn’t help it.

“Of course I want you to come back silly! It wouldn’t feel like home if you weren’t there Yul. I’d miss you so much you know. So do we have a deal?”

“Deal” Yulia smiled relieved she was going home.

“Good, now let’s get out of this god damn awful place!” With that they got into the car and drove back to their apartment, this was a new start for them both.
Old 05-10-2003, 22:52   #31
Участник

argh damn Roman! he just keeps f**cking things up...

i'm so glad lena went after yulia though - this fic just gets better and better!! great work vicky!!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:36   #32
Участник

Great chapter!!

I love this fic, and can't wait to see what happens next!

Parrish
Old 06-10-2003, 01:41   #33
keep 'em guessing

awwww, that was so sweet how yuli held lena!
new beginnings, yay!

awesome work vicky!

ps. ummm, is it me or does that friggin Roman need to be shot?
just a question.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:16   #34
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by guesshoo
ps. ummm, is it me or does that friggin Roman need to be shot?
just a question.
oh no - it's not just you! i completely agree!!
Old 06-10-2003, 13:44   #35
Участник

I can't believe I forgot to say this before, but I liked how at the end it says that Yulia smiles because she's relieved she's going home.

A lot of emotion is put into that simple sentence. Yulia already sees Lena's place as her home...because, of course, *Lena* is there.

Nicely done. Elegent in it's simplicity.

Parrish
Old 09-10-2003, 22:39   #36
what can I say...

Glad you are all enjoying the story still. Thanks for that last comment Parrish as you are one of my fave fanfic writers it means a lot to get such nice feedback. Cheers! Here's Chapter 9 for you all

Chapter 9 –Shorn

After a few days Lena and Yulia were back to normal laughing and joking with one another like the hostel ‘incident’ had never happened. The only difference was that because Lena had tracked Yulia down at the hostel and brought her back to the apartment she now felt wanted, she belonged somewhere; she had a home. She was growing happier and healthier by the day and it was all because of Lena.

On Saturday as planned Lena took Yulia into town for her appointment at the Salvation hair salon that had been one of the many belated birthday presents Lena had bought for her. As Lena drove her into town, Yulia felt very nervous. She desperately wanted to have her hair cut because it was a mess but at the same time she knew what expensive salons were like.

In Yulia’s experience the staff were often very snotty judging people as soon as they passed over the threshold. The thing was that her hair was in such a bad condition they were bound to look down on her and wonder how on earth a little tramp like Yulia would be able to afford to have her hair cut in such an exclusive salon. She needed to rediscover her former brazenness - no one was a match for The Volk.

Once they got into town they stood outside the salon and paused. “Right Yul are you going to be alright now? I figured I’d go and do a bit of shopping and meet you in about an hour under the church clock. Is that ok?” Lena decided she should encourage Yulia to be independent even though she would happily hold her hand if she wanted she felt Yulia needed to be pushed to come out of herself.

“Yeah cool that’d be great” Part of Yulia wanted Lena to stay with her but she knew she was being pathetic, it wasn’t like she was a baby anymore. She didn’t want Lena to feel that she was any more dependent on her than she had to be.

“I’ll see you then. Hey don’t look so nervous you’ll be fine honestly, anyone would think you were having your head chopped off not your hair!” Lena joked trying to raise a smile out of Yulia.

“Ha! Yeah, I know.” Yulia smiled briefly shrugging her shoulders. “ I’m being silly just ignore me”

“As if I could” Lena winked at her and Yulia could feel herself blush. It was only Lena, why was she acting so weird?

“Hmm, well I’ll see you in an hour then” She turned on her heel quickly not wanting Lena to notice her red face.

“Yul wait!”

Yulia stopped and turned around. “Yes”

“Here’s some money just in case,” Lena held out some money in her hand to Yulia, which she very reluctantly accepted. The sooner she could pay her own way the better she really wanted to be Lena’s equal.
“Thanks Lena”

“No probs, I’ll see you later hun” Lena winked again at Yulia. She wished she would stop flirting with her, she just felt so embarrassed.

“See ya later Lena!”

Once Len had departed Yulia looked into the salon observing several people having their hair cut by the immaculately styled hairdressers. Yulia felt so out of place as she entered the salon and walked up to the reception desk. Butterflies were now fluttering in her stomach and her throat felt dry.

“Hello, I have an appointment” Yulia tried to force a confident tone of voice but she was sure it hadn’t worked as the receptionist looked her up and down.

“What name is it please?”

“Yulia Volkova.”

“If you’d like to take a seat over there” The receptionist said beckoning towards a row of designer chairs. “Can I take your coat for you?”

“Yes please” Yulia said answered politely.

She waited several minutes until a very attractive but unquestionably gay looking man approached her where she was sat reading one of the fashion magazines she had picked up off the coffee table.

“Hi I’m Sasha, you’re with me today if you’d like to come and take a seat.” She relaxed and sat down in front of a large mirror taking a closer look at Sasha. Yup, he was definitely gay, the outlandish dress sense and the feminine intonation of his voice betraying his sexuality. Yulia was relieved, at least a gay boy wouldn’t give her too much s**t. She hoped.

“So Yulia what are we doing today?” Sasha said smiling affably at her in the mirror his blue eyes twinkling.

“Well, as you can see my hair is in quite a state erm I’d like it short but I guess it depends on how bad the condition of my hair as to how short you cut it. I dunno, what do you think?” She grimaced not really sure if she wanted to hear his opinion or not.

“Well” Sasha pulled his comb out and began examining Yulia’s hair with his brow furrowed. He hesitated before redirecting his attention to Yulia. “To be honest with you I would say the best thing to do is to cut it quite short to get the condition back in your hair. So I would say you’ll probably only have about two inches of hair left.”

“I thought as much” God, two inches wasn’t very much she thought to herself.

“But you’re a gorgeous girl you can pull it off. Trust me! Is that alright?” Sasha waved his arms around theatrically making Yulia grin to herself, he was a queen if ever there was one, a nice queen though.

“Fine, do your worst” she nodded.

“Ok! First of all I’ll take you over and wash your hair” Once Yulia had sat back and was having her hair washed she relaxed in the massage chair enjoying being pampered. After a few minutes she was led back to her chair. The cutting commenced.

Yulia watched closely as Sasha began quickly snipping off her hair. It was amazing to see the transformation occurring until she could see that most of the hair was now gone. She was a different girl. As Sasha stopped cutting he looked at Yulia in the mirror.

“Well this is about the length. How would you like me to style it?” Sasha asked gently noticing the stunned expression on her face.

“However you think” she replied numbly.

“I’m going to spike it then, that will look absolutely fabulous on you my darling” Sasha’s voice was loaded with the enthusiasm that Yulia couldn’t quite muster.

Although, she felt slightly naked without all the hair she had become accustomed to once Sasha had finishing styling her new look she actually liked what she saw in the mirror, she just hoped Lena would like it too.

Yulia was early so she stood under the church clock waiting impatiently for Lena to arrive. Would Lena recognise her? She looked so drastically different that Lena was in for a shock at the very least. Then she saw her, her red hair blowing wildly as she fought against the wind. She looked around several times for Yulia but she hadn’t noticed her at all. She had her back to Yulia so she crept up behind her and grabbed her by the waist to catch her attention. This had the result that Lena was so startled that she practically jumped out of her skin as she span round defensively to face Yulia “Hey! What the hell do you think you’re… Yulia?” Oh my god! Look at you! Oh my god!” Lena was dumbstruck her jaw virtually touching the floor.

“So you keep saying, but the question is do you like it?” Yulia raised her hands self-consciously to her hair waiting intently for Lena’s approval.

“Well..” There was a long pause as Lena stared at Yulia inspecting her thoroughly.

“I’ll take that as a no then!” Yulia hung her head in disappointment she had really wanted Lena to like the way she looked - she clearly didn’t.

“It’s not that Yul, it’s just you look..so..different…it’s so short” Lena said struggling to articulate her thoughts on the new Yulia.

“I know” Yulia whispered quietly finding it hard to look Lena in the eye.

After a minute Lena was the first to speak up “You know, I think you look really cute actually”

“Cute?” Yulia was so surprised to hear Lena say something positive that she didn’t know what to say.

“I mean, aww look at your little neck” Lena reached out and touched the back of Yulia’s neck prompting a broad grin from Yulia.

“Well I am little, so I’d look pretty damn stupid with a big ol’ fat neck.” Yulia replied facetiously.

“You’re so cheeky!” Yulia poked her tongue out playfully at Lena in response. “Just ‘cause you look cute don’t think you can get away with murder.” Lena warned her in mock exasperation.

“Would I?” Yulia said with angelic look on her face.

“Yes, you would” Lena gently shoved Yulia “Seriously though Yulia, your hair really suits you short like that”

“Thanks, I like it but I suppose it will take me a while to get used to it.”

“It’ll grow on you” Lena smirked laughing at her own joke.

“Oh, very funny” Yulia rolled her eyes, trying not to giggle but in the end she couldn’t suppress a snort of laughter

“C’mon Spikey let’s go” Lena said teasingly ruffling Yulia’s hair before dragging her by the hand back to the car.
Old 09-10-2003, 23:59   #37
keep 'em guessing

yay, volk got a haircut.
excellent!

nice chapters vicky. keep up the good work!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:45   #38
Участник

Another great chapter!

I flat-out giggled at Yulia saying she'd look stupid with a big ol' fat neck.

Keep up the good work.

Parrish
Old 10-10-2003, 03:11   #39
Determined

I've posted on the other forum about this story and I also wanted to post on here... You're doing a great job vicky7.
Old 10-10-2003, 19:29   #40
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
I've also posted at the other forum, but I'll post here too. I really enjoy this story Vicky! It's just too cute and I can't wait to see the beating Roman will get...okay, maybe not beating, but I hope Yulia gets to kick some butt.....okay, okay, I just hope Roman leaves and *I'll* kick his butt! *gets out bat* *evil grin*
ReplyPost New Thread