Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2006

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-05-2006, 09:13   #621
Primetime Anchor

At the end of everything, Lordi prooved that anything can win Eurovision. At least it's a breakthrough for the contest filled normally with cheesy well behaved boys and girls in white shirts and decent dresses.

Viva Finland!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 22-05-2006, 13:59   #622
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
i think anna vissi got one of the best songs but she made a mistake perfoming it with its original tune,got a lower tune to perfrom it,maybe she thought she couldnt sing that.lordi's victory doesnt bother me but i dont care about it either because after seing their real faces i think its just a weak group.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 22-05-2006, 14:09   #623
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
They're just hiding behind the "language barrier".
Haha, i just only saw that you added that to your post… Fine, let's pretend that the language barrier does not exist at Eurovision, just like there are no neighboring voting. The fact that 20 countries were singing in English is probably just a coincidence and we can expect everyone to get back to their native languages next year, right?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if some people in this thread deny that English has become the de facto compulsory language of Eurovision, what matters is that French artists and people in general are convinced that a song in French can no longer win since English has become allowed for all countries. And don't say we're the only ones thinking that, all those countries that have switched to English have done so precisely because they've realized too that it has become impossible to win with their native languages. The only difference is that France will never send a song in English, and no popular French artist won't ever volunteer to go to Eurovision since they know a good result is impossible when you sing in the wrong language.
With Lordi's win, European people have showed that they are open to musical variety, but language variety is dead and buried. I'm just hoping that the 'big fours' rule will be dropped so countries like France and Spain that are sticking to their native languages won't have to suffer through the final anymore, and that way people will get what they want, an English-only final.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 22-05-2006, 14:18   #624
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
France will never send a song in English
Never say never. Want to bet? France will send a song in English some day if the rules stay as they are now allowing to sing in any language, which is completely fair.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2006, 14:22   #625
Yulia's Little Secret

The French speaking or singing English? Not gonna happen

I think it's more likely that the French will start singing in Finnish or something
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Yulia's Little Secret

My t.A.T.u. Photo's | MySpace | Xanga
Old 22-05-2006, 14:46   #626
pie crust

11Russia, thank you sweetie! (btw, writing you a PM!)

LMAO watch out everyone, she's gonna sue the competition and we'll all go to jail!

Girl needs mental help... seriously.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 22-05-2006, 14:50   #627
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
LMAO watch out everyone, she's gonna sue the competition and we'll all go to jail!
I know I've missed a lot here but who are you talking about?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2006, 14:57   #628
pie crust

forre, I'm talking about this video of Silvia Night, that 11Russia posted.

She says that she's gonna "sue the competition and you'll all go to jail" with a smile on her face She hits her boyfriend and then attempts to commit suicide... erm I mean, leans on the fence yelling stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-05-2006, 15:06   #629
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
She says that she's gonna "sue the competition and you'll all go to jail" with a smile on her face
Ah, that Icelandic superstar! She was about to get her disqualified for swearing during the rehearsals "fuck you, fuck Eurovision". Greek TV was showing a recap of her swearing in the news where she said something that sounded like "Fuck you, Greece" or "Fuck you, Greeks". That's the reason why there was so much booing when she performed in the semi.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2006, 15:23   #630
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
France will send a song in English some day if the rules stay as they are now allowing to sing in any language, which is completely fair.
I honestly don't think i'll live long enough to see that, as it stands today this would be seen as treason, haha. As far as i know, there's never even been one single song in English in the local contest that decides who is going to be sent over there to Eurovision… We may send a French-Arab rap or rai'n'b band singing in Arabic some day though, just to piss people off.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by haku; 22-05-2006 at 15:34.
Old 22-05-2006, 15:24   #631
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Holy shit!!! That vid of Silvia Night is fucking hilarious!!

I think that girl has serious issues!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 22-05-2006, 15:33   #632
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk
The French speaking or singing English? Not gonna happen
Oh and Anouk, we do have artists who sing in English, Amine for example released his last album in French, Arabic, and English… It's just that France don't want to send a song in English, it's a question of preserving the culture.

And yeah, Silvia Night rules, i wish she had gone to the final, at least she's entertaining.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-05-2006, 15:34   #633
Re-Offender

But why ? Why ...I don't get it . If more people understand english than french or spanish for that matter (just for example sake ..) why not to sing to them in english so listeners could not only enjoy the music but the lyrics as well ? Why not to sing to them , your listeners , as they wish ... You are the singer , artist after all ..you have to do it !
Old 22-05-2006, 15:34   #634
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
it's a question of preserving the culture.
No wonder people call French chauvinistic.

Sylvia Night - he-he. Who did say that Eurovision was a crappy boring contest?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2006, 16:03   #635
Yulia's Little Secret

Quote:
Oh and Anouk, we do have artists who sing in English, Amine for example released his last album in French, Arabic, and English… It's just that France don't want to send a song in English, it's a question of preserving the culture.
Ok.. But now that you mention Amine (never heard of him btw), you said he also sings in Arabic? So that doesn't make him "truly" French? Since he has his roots in an Arabic speaking country? Maroc perhaps? I don't know.. I mean, he could be born in France, have the nationality, but what I'm trying to say is, is that the person's ancestors weren't French.. I don't think he would release an album in English, let alone in Arabic if he and all of his ancestors were French
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 22-05-2006, 16:15   #636
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Oh my god

Is she all there in the head?!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 22-05-2006, 16:19   #637
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
But why ? Why ...I don't get it .
Because Eurovision is not just a song contest, it's a competition between countries, artists are not just there to be judged as artists, they are there to represent their countries (it's the countries names that are written on the voting board, not the artists names) and their culture. Maybe other countries don't understand why France won't send a song in English like everyone else, but most French people don't understand how other countries can send songs in English to represent their culture, they see that as a cultural betrayal (if you sing in English, you're representing the Anglo-Saxon culture, not your culture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
No wonder people call French chauvinistic.
Just because they don't want to abandon their culture to become Anglo-Saxons? That's a step most French people are not willing to take just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk
But now that you mention Amine (never heard of him btw), you said he also sings in Arabic? So that doesn't make him "truly" French? Since he has his roots in an Arabic speaking country? Maroc perhaps? I don't know.. I mean, he could be born in France, have the nationality, but what I'm trying to say is, is that the person's ancestors weren't French.
Not surprising you've never heard of him, that kind of music can only work in the French charts, Amine was number 1 in the French charts for 5 or 6 weeks with his last hit a couple of months ago.
Anyway, yeah, he's French-Arab and not exactly of Gallo-Roman descent.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-05-2006, 16:25   #638
pie crust

Quote:
Oh my god

LMAOOOOOOOO @ the room-thing! OMG that was freaking hilarious! She actually, honestly, *truly* thought it was a joke? Oh god I hope I'm correct here, it wasn't a joke, right? That was her real room, right?

WTF, why did they carry out that one journalist?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-05-2006, 16:38   #639
Yulia's Little Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Oh my god

She's so gone that it's laughable

She insulted my countries' entry? Die b*tch
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 22-05-2006, 16:46   #640
Re-Offender

Quote:
Because Eurovision is not just a song contest, it's a competition between countries, artists are not just there to be judged as artists, they are there to represent their countries (it's the countries names that are written on the voting board, not the artists names) and their culture.
In that case the whole idea of that contest is pathetic . We are different , culture different , tastes differ as well. Look , we always say that every country try to give more points someone that more close to their borders ...and because of politic. Now , I realized that it may be not all the true . It's probably because the nearby coutry music is more to their liking and tastes. Should Ukraine really kiss ass of Russia ? maybe they simply love more D.Bilan and his music , used to this more ...The same goes to other countries . You hardly can expect people from south been moved by cold islandic ballade or another way round -- british look at meditiranian singers and couldn't make head or tale of these songs...It's just not their cup of tea !
ReplyPost New Thread