Old 01-12-2003, 02:15   #1
Gimme some sugar!

2003 Balkan Man of the Year Awards

so take a look

man of the year

it's not really like that...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:37   #2
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
LMAO!! Yeah that's us.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:21   #3
Harrumph.

*Snorts.*

Mexico rivalizes you guys. XD
Old 01-12-2003, 05:32   #4
Bitchka

well, i dont know if i should be laughing or if i should be crying !!! But i always say that one should be able to laugh at themselves, so....

thanks for the very entertaining link... the Winner is definatelly not from the Balkan State Bulgaria ..the street is too clean and the beer is too 'lux' .. but the Second and Third places - well definatelly COULD be photos taken in Bulgaria
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:26   #5
Участник

$in this one is good! Well, I can understand situation in pics 3rd and 1st cos those women look much more stronger than those men, but what I didn`t know was that they have slave markets in Balkan area. I assume they are going there in 2nd pic.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:05   #6
Gimme some sugar!

well, in some places when a man is looking for a wife, he wants ehm... a "strong" one... (read it: fat but strong, no matter if ugly, just be able to work...)

a friend of mine is a little fat and when she goes to her grandmother (somewhere in south serbia) she is considered skinny and unhealthy. she is always told to put on some weight ?!?

oh yes, this is balkan
Old 01-12-2003, 15:19   #7
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by $in
a "strong" one... (read it: fat but strong, no matter if ugly, just be able to work...)
ah ha... mainly in the Villages though, right? Cities (at least my city - Sofia) totally different thing.... lol...

Quote:
a friend of mine is a little fat and when she goes to her grandmother (somewhere in south serbia) she is considered skinny and unhealthy. she is always told to put on some weight ?!?
so, I dont think of myself as fat and when i was younger i was even skinner..... but when i went to visit my grandparents in the summer (little village somewhere in the south west part of Bulgaria) I would hear 10 times a day: "AHhhhhhhhhhhh EAT kid EAT.. look at YOU... DRINK MILK to get strong and healthy...look at 'this' and 'that' kid (some of my second cousins who by my understandings were pretty 'overweight' )... look how GOOD they LOOK!!!.... ARE you wearing PANTS?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH .. what GIRL are you... who is GOING to marry you?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH is that your KNEE showing>??!?! HIDE IT HIDE IT !!!! are you showing ATTITUDE???? BEHAVE yourself.... "

ja, Balkans
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 20:30   #8
My Waking Hour

that goes for Slavic Balkan man of the year, I suppose.

We don't treat women like that.
Old 01-12-2003, 20:51   #9
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
We don't treat women like that.
really spy? Even in the little Greek villages? I was under the impression it was somewhat the same ... my dad's parents were both born and grew up till 10 in Greece (although they are 100% bulgarian) ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 21:36   #10
My Waking Hour

are you implying that we carry old women in cages? no, we don't.

The same in what sense?

What part of Greece did they grow up in?

As for the old woman carrying the bulk of cans, I'd say that villgae women are strong, and she might not have wanted to give it to the man. It's not out of the question.

Last edited by spyretto; 01-12-2003 at 21:59.
Old 01-12-2003, 22:04   #11
Bitchka

Quote:
are you implying that we carry old women in cages? no, we don't.
ha ha... spy, that's one way to describe the pic... it is not 'carrying old women in cages'.... the grandmas are just getting a RIDE in the Traktor's (spelling) umm whatever you call that 'pull on' thing in english....they are probably just coming back/going to doing work in the garden or something... as far as i know.. the grandmas are completelly satisfied and dont think too much about riding in the back of a Traktor they arent really used to riding in a mercedes with leather seats...

Quote:
What part of Greece did they grow up in?
not in Athens
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 22:09   #12
My Waking Hour

ok, then what about the other two?
Old 01-12-2003, 22:35   #13
Bitchka

Quote:
ok, then what about the other two?
well, i said the first place one doesnt look Bulgairan.... but.. if i had to comment on it... yes, village women are strong, lots of them... they do a lot of physical work, definatelly not sissies like ME !

And the first one... well, they needed something to make fire with... of build a fance... or whatever they are going to do with that wood,..... and yes it looks REALLY BAD, but it is very possible that that's the reality....at least for now... and yes it pisses me off... but at the same time... that is what most of those people were brought up, that's what they are used to and believe that's how it should be .... my grandma and my grandpa believe that the woman should serve the man - in 2 generations LOTS have changed...I am not their generatio- didnt grow up like them, didnt live their live in a small village (it's like they live years behind in time)... so there are worlds of difference between us
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 01-12-2003 at 22:47.
Old 01-12-2003, 22:43   #14
pie crust

Flashback, flashback!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 01-12-2003, 22:47   #15
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee
Flashback, flashback!
are you saying that the images look like they could be Polish too, QB?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 22:52   #16
pie crust

coolasfcuk, actually it looks like it's taken directly from a village and city in Poland. That's no news.. fat babushki on the fields taking care of all of their 12 children.. Hehe no who am I kidding? I am dissing my own people. But it does look quite similar to Polish villages.. Especially the second picture.. Reminds me of my home... Boo, now I wanna go to Poland.. Oh and that beer picture could also happen in Poland but it's WAAAAY too clean..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 01-12-2003, 22:56   #17
Gimme some sugar!

hey, some men have problems with their back! my dad had too, so my mom didn't let him carry things. (yelled at him... r u crazy?! put that down!!! ) he felt like sissy, but what could he do? u know how wifes are...
Old 01-12-2003, 22:58   #18
viva la scientology!

Yeah, 2nd place reminds me of Poland. But only the countryside. Warsaw and the other (sorta big) cities are more modern. But the country? It's like it's 20 years behind or something. And 1st place is too clean. Add some trash, some gypsies, and more beer.

Not to say that Poland doesn't have it's nice spots... As I'm sure the Balkans do. But some parts of eastern europe are culturally, uh, different.
Old 01-12-2003, 23:02   #19
Bitchka

Quote:
Not to say that Poland doesn't have it's nice spots... As I'm sure the Balkans do. But some parts of eastern europe are culturally, uh, different.
culturally different and BEHIND ja
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 01-12-2003, 23:02   #20
viva la scientology!

Oh and maybe the man in the first pic has emphysema. All that smoking, ya know. He's out of breath just walking up that hill.

coolasfcuk - if women are bred to big and strong, how do you explain all the beautiful supermodels from czech republic, ukraine, etc?
ReplyPost New Thread