Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Reality Show with t.A.T.u.! - General Thread.

Old 20-12-2003, 04:08   #41
no....

Neato! I'm really hoping that someone caps these episodes, and i wonder just how many of them there will be? Like does the contract call for a certain amount of episodes...8? 12? 16? does it matter?

Old 20-12-2003, 09:30   #42
Just say maybe

Can anyone tell me what time of day the shows will be shown?

I work until quite late, so I hope the show is on late enough for me to be able to watch it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.

Old 20-12-2003, 10:18   #43
Harrumph.

Quote:
I really hope the tv show thing isn't true.

I hate reality shows.
Ditto. But whoknows: if it IS steady cammed and doesn't have a certain Manski to edit it, we might have an interesting thread going on in here.

Old 20-12-2003, 11:01   #44
Участник

darje, I think that Mansky will be working on the Reality Show. It was in the news.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:11   #45
The Ghost of Heroic Past

Send a message via ICQ to DinoBora
"Tatu in the Sky Room" advertising ->

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU1.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU2.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU3.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU4.avi

I.
~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!Sugar We're Going Down!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 12:00   #46
Участник

Trabslation of the Ads!

NOTE: Russian lady says is the exact translation of what the Chinese lady says.

TATU1
Man: On 17th of January...
Lady: The girls are supposed to do all the house work, they are not supposed to play and waste time, not supposed to freely walk outside their home. Besides obidience, the girls are supposed to follow everything they are told to do. It is generally undesired for the girls to be seen.
Man: From 17th of January, "Tatu in the Sky Room" on STS!

TATU2
Lady: The girls are not allowed to show their emotions from the moment they are born. They are not to show their teeth while laughing, to drop tears while crying. They are not to walk too fast, let alone to run. They are not to talk laudly, not to mention scream. The girls are not to draw any attention to themselves...

TATU3
Lady: The girls are not allowed to sing and dance in public. Their music is only for the ears of their future husband. They are not to sing laudly with a wide open mouth. While dancing the girls are not to wave their hands and legs. If a girl cannot manage the house work, all art practices should be excluded.

TATU4
Lady: The best quality in girls is obidience. The girls are forbiden to show their physical strength. They are not allowed to practice the art of fighting or to handle weapons. When the girls are being beaten, they are not to cry or to show their pain.

Last edited by Kate; 03-01-2004 at 12:19.

Old 03-01-2004, 16:09   #47
pie crust

That was.. interesting. And a different way to show ads.. Pretty cool that when they "aren't allowed to do this" clips are shown of them doing exactly that thing...

Thanks alot for the translation Kate and for the files DinoBora.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 03-01-2004, 19:52   #48
How cute is she

i hope they decide to do the web cam thing so all of us around the world can see

Old 03-01-2004, 20:48   #49
no....

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
Lady: ...Their music is only for the ears of their future husband.

I really enjoy those commercials [but why Chinese in the background? because the Chinese are known for their discipline, maybe?] and seeing them brings me faith that caps will be created for shows promptly after release..

Old 04-01-2004, 00:47   #50
Don't dream it, be it!

Quote:
Originally posted by thegurgi
I really enjoy those commercials [but why Chinese in the background? because the Chinese are known for their discipline, maybe?] and seeing them brings me faith that caps will be created for shows promptly after release..
Because the room in the hotel they're using as a studio is called 'The Peking Room" isn't it, (or is it the hotel itself?). Plus I think it'll play well to the Japanese audience, if they're aiming at it being aired there. I think it's a good promo. Girl Power Mark 2!

Old 04-01-2004, 04:44   #51
no....

transcend, Ummo, i wasn't really all that curious about the Chinese thing, just being feciouscious [woo-hoo! spelled wrong], i guess.... and If it was aimed at the Japanese, why would thee promo be in Chinese? logic train..................

Why on EARTH hasn't any one responded to the whole "Their music is only for the ears of their future husband(s)" part yet?
Notice how the promo states that they "won't be doing" what they always do, and then showing us the same thing. But the ad is being sarcastic, it's kind of taking on the whole "Yeah, we won't" stance. So, the fact that it says they would be writing for the ears of their future husbands is already sarcastic. Will they still carry out the forbidden love song theme???? I hope not, I really enjoy their newer type of songs, that are more themed that storytelling [prostie and ne ver]

And yeah, irish22, i do too.

Old 04-01-2004, 04:50   #52
Участник

I think the whole "girls can't do this, can't do that" talk is to intrigue the viewers. It adds this very sensitive sexist atmosphere to the show. I think the target audience here are males, and some females, of course.

Also, it kinda creats some contrast with Tatu's message. Like, the ad says that the girls are not allowed to sing, and Tatu will record their album; the ad says the girls are not allowed to dance, and Tatu will dance I assume.

I dunno, just assuming things, as I do...

Old 04-01-2004, 11:00   #53
Участник

Quote:
I think the whole "girls can't do this, can't do that" talk is to intrigue the viewers. It adds this very sensitive sexist atmosphere to the show. I think the target audience here are males, and some females, of course.
I disagree. Everything that is itemized on this "women are not allowed to do this" list has been disregarded and challenged by tATu already and will be disregarded and challenged in the future as well. These texts are about LIMITING women, tATu are about FREEING women, laughing in the faces of all those people who STILL try to limit women with such preposterous rules. This message addresses women much more than men, even though open-minded guys will appreciate it as well.

Quote:
Also, it kinda creats some contrast with Tatu's message. Like, the ad says that the girls are not allowed to sing, and Tatu will record their album; the ad says the girls are not allowed to dance, and Tatu will dance I assume.
Of course it creates contrast with tATu's message. The girls do not play by these kinds of constricting, sexist rules. tATu are about defiance and self-confidence after all. And more power to them!

Thanks for the translations, katbeidar, and thanks to DinoBora for posting the links!

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 04-01-2004 at 11:12.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:06   #54
Участник

xena225, you misunderstood what I said, but it doesn't matter... I don't blame you, my English probably screwed up somewhere... You're welcome for those translations.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:11   #55
Участник

Quote:
xena225, you misunderstood what I said, but it doesn't matter... I don't blame you, my English probably screwed up somewhere... You're welcome for those translations.
Oops, sorry if I misunderstood. So we agree. Wow.

xena225

Old 05-01-2004, 16:19   #56
Участник

katbeidar, you said on the Russian forum that the text is in ordinary contemporary Chinese and you can understand it. Isn't it still possible that they are quotes from some ancient Chinese text (some codex?). Especially the part "The girls are forbiden to show their physical strength. They are not allowed to practice the art of fighting or to handle weapons. When the girls are being beaten, they are not to cry or to show their pain" seems to refer to such kind of interpretation. Anyways, seems that the text has been the first idea of the commercial and then the images are added.

Last edited by Linda16; 05-01-2004 at 18:44.

Old 06-01-2004, 05:05   #57
I'm a Dust Bunny!

How... intriguing. Thank you for the translations, Kate, and the bits of video, DinoBora. ^_^

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...

Old 06-01-2004, 08:49   #58
Участник

Linda16, nope. The woman is just speaking in formal Chinese. Those are not any quotes from famous philosophers ot anything.

Old 06-01-2004, 16:43   #59
we shout

I like the advertisement very much .. especially the last part .. both of them have wings.

Thank you DinoBora, for movie and katbeidar, for translation.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 07-01-2004, 00:29   #60
Участник

I am surprised that outside of Russia, the Asian fans have been the most signficant group of people that have supported Tatu's music. Not that other countries and groups of people have not, but I wander why the Asian ppl have exceeded all others in their passion and love for Tatu. I wonder. Does anyone have an answer? Consider the number of albums, magazine articles, TV promotions and concerts, etc.