Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Barbarellas

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 18:31   #1
Son. Husband. Witch!

Barbarellas

Hey Tatysite.
Just wanted to post about this wee electropop band that I am currently in love with. They are called Barbarellas and consist of 2/4 members of the old Irish band B*Witched. Their debut album "Night Mode" is coming out on the 18th April and you can find the album here - http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley.

Here are the links to the songs that have been released so far. What do you think? Please focus more on the music than the image. I have found the songs to be incredibly catchy and intelligent compared to a lot of the pop music coming out of the UK nowadays.

NIGHT MODE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXlfcGN4WE
BODY ROCK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li9V0...eature=related
CURVE BALL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768YYOJZtvk
BIG - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHl289ekULY
Old 05-04-2011, 19:01   #2
Участник

I love them aswell.
Old 05-04-2011, 19:02   #3
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeich View Post
I love them aswell.
Sweet! I am not alone!
Old 05-04-2011, 21:15   #4
Martian Eyes

The music is quite good, but can the girls sing, or is it just the technical equipment which does the singing? Not only overdone tech, they sound quite 'unpersonal' too. From that point not my cup of tea. The ideas for the videos aren't bad, but especially the first one looks not professionally done. About the image - what's your problem? Are you too old for that?
Old 05-04-2011, 22:48   #5
Son. Husband. Witch!

Not an image kind of guy. Just give me the music. The girls can sing. I have seen them live and they are real good singers.
Old 06-04-2011, 19:57   #6
Участник

Those are transvestites.
Old 06-04-2011, 20:29   #7
Martian Eyes

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widow View Post
Those are transvestites.
Did you make the Crocodile Dundee test?
Old 06-04-2011, 20:49   #8
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widow View Post
Those are transvestites.
LMAO! I can assure you that they are NOT trannies. Here they are in their B*Witched days.
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/..._witched_1.jpg
The back and far right.
And this is them without those wigs. - http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...thetwins-1.jpg
Old 07-04-2011, 05:24   #9
Martian Eyes

Proves that the videos were not very professionally done. They look waaay better on the pics.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41   #10
Son. Husband. Witch!

The image is one aspect of this project I cannot fully fathom. The girls are stunning and are being made to look a tad silly with all these weird outfits.

Samples from the album have just been added to Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Mode-B...2169375&sr=8-1
And the album is available here too - http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley
Old 08-04-2011, 19:55   #11
Son. Husband. Witch!

Limited Edition version which is signed has just gone up - http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/pr...=1&pId=6795601
or there is the digital version - http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley

I will be going for the signed CD.

BIO -

Edele and Keavy Lynch – best known globally as the singing/dancing lyricists for the most successful Irish girl band of all time, B*witched – have grown-up physically, come of age musically and are stomping back onto the music scene as one of the most compelling and captivating acts that the industry has ever seen – introducing Barbarellas.

As Barbarellas, the twins have been carefully reconstructing their sound, chiseling and pruning their music so that it reflects who they truly are now. After four-years of meticulous work and perfecting, the result is a sizzling hot metamorphosis of womanhood, with lyrical wisdom and an enriched sound that demonstrates a true coming of age from these once pop-tweens. The girls invited ex-chairman of Sony, Paul Burger, to see their live performance and he was instantly transfixed and undertook management of the band. “I found their performance so musically compelling and so choreographically sexy that I instantly knew this was a project that I had to get behind. Since then we’ve spent time putting together the label, finding the right producer, working on all the elements necessary to break a sophisticated pop act in the current environment.”

Barbarellas is a musical expression of who the Lynch twins really are now. The girls diligently showcased their sound to live audiences across the UK, experimenting with what really strikes a chord with the public, adapting and fine-tuning their songs to ensure that they’d be fully accepted as mature artists. “Barbarellas isn’t a manufactured band that’s been handed a bunch of songs to perform. Barbarellas is who we really are, the sound and lyrics came from within and the image just came naturally. Barbarellas is a natural extension of ourselves, we don’t think people will be shocked at the change – our life has moved on and we’ve grown up.”

Barbarellas made their debut public appearance in September 2010 at the prestigious Miss Ireland award ceremony where they performed 3 of their new songs. Although the venue was swarming with Ireland’s greatest beauties, all eyes were on the Barbarellas who, quite literally, brought the audience to a standing ovation of cheers and shrieks as they performed tracks from their forthcoming debut album, ‘Night Mode’.

For the Lynch twins, pop success seems nearly a God-given right. Their elder brother, Shane, is known to the world as one of the members of Boyzone and Keavy and Edele are best remembered as the twins from B*witched who were the first international girl band to score 4 consecutive Number 1 singles with their first releases in the UK. For them, singing, dancing and writing music was something that came naturally from their earliest possible memories. “It never occurred to us NOT to write, sing and dance. It was just something that we loved and always did”, comment the girls.

Born in Dublin, Ireland, the girls are part of a happy, busy six-sibling clan. Their parents didn’t believe in restraints on talent and Keavy & Edele were given the freedom to try out as many activities as possible, from gymnastics, dancing and singing right through to synchronized swimming. But as twins, the girls always felt a strong sibling bond and by the time they were 10-years-old they were already displaying a joint talent for singing and dancing, which fit like a jigsaw as soon as the girls merged their acts together. Keavy & Edele instinctively knew that the world of entertainment was where their future was heading, and by the time they were 16-years-old, they were both seriously teaching dance at their local dance academy, whilst writing their own songs during any spare moment that they had.

But it was when Edele decided to set up her own band that the magical hand of fate waved its wand of success. Teaming together with Keavy and recruiting two other friends from their dance academy, the girls took their new musical creation, along with a fist-full of original pennings, to music producer, Ray Hedges. The chemistry was electrifying, Ray was completely blown away by the singing-dancing-writing teenage talent before him and instantly B*witched were born.

By 1998, B*witched were enjoying success across Europe and North America and smashed all industry records as their first four singles all topped the UK charts, making them the first ever Irish group to achieve this feat. Achieving phenomenal success on both sides of the Atlantic, B*witched co-headlined the Nickelodeon tour alongside 98 Degrees and also performed in the US alongside NSYNC and Britney Spears and were even recreated as singing dolls by Yaboom Toys. Added to which, the band also performed the theme tune for the animation of ‘Sabrina The Teenage Witch’, a track which was also written by the twin sisters. The success of the band was underpinned by the outstanding Lynch lyrical talent as the girls co-wrote some of their biggest hits including, ‘C’est la Vie’, ‘Rollercoaster’, and ‘Jesse Hold On’ with their bandmates. Two albums and a string of No1s later, B*witched were the most sought after girl band of the time.

In 2002, the band split and Edele and Keavy went their separate ways. Keavy threw her talent at writing musicals and performed in pantos across the UK, whilst Edele quickly hooked up with leading writing-production stable, Xenomania, where she co-wrote on hit singles including ‘Some Kind of Miracle’ for Girls Aloud (Sound of the Underground album) and ‘Situation’s Heavy’ for the Sugababes (Three album). Edele later settled down into family life, marrying husband Michael Barratt in 2006 and giving birth to a daughter in 2007 and a baby boy in 2010.

But these hard-working, talented twins never lost sight of the fact that their true strength shone when they worked and performed together and a few years later Keavy and Edele teamed forces and focused their attention on an exciting new project that was to become Barbarellas. As Edele comments, “I think people were always afraid to touch us after B*witched. We’d become so entrenched in the band, that when we were seen together nobody could get past seeing us as B*witched. We needed to spend time apart and let the B*witched tag wear off a bit before we could actually come back and work together as sisters”.

As Barbarellas, the Lynch sisters have finally returned and stand ready to inject fresh excitement into the pop world. 2011…get ready for the almighty Barbarellas!
Old 09-04-2011, 21:02   #12
Son. Husband. Witch!

Euronews and EF articles

http://youtu.be/Wmn4B3GbTmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSwEOoboAE0
Old 13-04-2011, 15:13   #13
Son. Husband. Witch!

Anyone else like these lasses?
Old 15-04-2011, 14:57   #14
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
Anyone else like these lasses?
Hey, you've got a fan (ok, some reservation on their singing), what do you want more?

If they choose that image, why do they take themselves so serious? I'd expect them more like "We are a bit nuts. Is that ok with you?"

Offtop:
The weirdie of the EF interview for me were the google ads embedded. Don't know what you have there, but there was one "belching and farting in 3D", when I watched. Censoring the most well-behaved videos, and then grubby ads. Ok, money doesn't stink!
Old 15-04-2011, 16:58   #15
Son. Husband. Witch!

I am glad you like them Argos. The album is out on Monday and maybe I'm expecting too much but I think it's going to be great. The samples on Amazon are great. It's very rare for me to go OTT with a POP band but I love them and don't mind people knowing that. The British press are fucking retarded with their incessant nastiness and are judging them for who they are and who they are related to and not commenting on the music. When they actually do talk about the music they do not criticise it and say that it is actually pretty good. I like that they take themselves seriously. I want an Irish accent! God damn my Irish family for all having accents and me not! GRRR!

As for the google ads thing - that does not appear on my side. But WTF? That sounds weird! lol.
Old 15-04-2011, 19:36   #16
Martian Eyes

Quote:
The album is out on Monday and maybe I'm expecting too much but I think it's going to be great. The samples on Amazon are great.
It's turning out to be one of the rare no-skip-albums, judgiing from the samples. I've ordered on amazon. 9.99 in some exotic currency unit, sounds cheap. Had to snap at the chance! I'm going to be the one and only guy in my town having a CD from a girlgroup from the island beneath the island.
Quote:
The British press are fucking retarded with their incessant nastiness and are judging them for who they are and who they are related to...
I remember the time when the movie 'Barbarella' came out. The critics dragged it through the mud, forwards and backwards. Today it's cult. Times never change, acceptance is very low for something not so common until people have learned to live with it.
Quote:
I want an Irish accent!
I fear I wouldn't understand a word. Perhaps they should try to sing (Gaelic) Irish. I bet you and me are even then. ->
Old 16-04-2011, 09:59   #17
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
It's turning out to be one of the rare no-skip-albums, judgiing from the samples. I've ordered on amazon. 9.99 in some exotic currency unit, sounds cheap. Had to snap at the chance! I'm going to be the one and only guy in my town having a CD from a girlgroup from the island beneath the island.
I woke up this morning to find that my pre-order has been cancelled! Grrr. Have to re-order it again. You are going to uber special for owning their album and knowing how great it is whilst everyone else out there fawns over Britney et al. The samples are very catchy and have me all eager to hear the full thing. I would have like Curve Ball to be on the album but I can understand why it has been left off. "Curve Ball" is a bonus track you get if you order from the webshop - http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley

Quote:
I remember the time when the movie 'Barbarella' came out. The critics dragged it through the mud, forwards and backwards. Today it's cult. Times never change, acceptance is very low for something not so common until people have learned to live with it.
People follow the press. If the press like something then the people will like it too. Mainstream cultural conformity. Here in the UK, the people here are mega culprits of this crime. They will eat up anything the press deems cool.

Quote:
I fear I wouldn't understand a word. Perhaps they should try to sing (Gaelic) Irish. I bet you and me are even then. ->
Old 18-04-2011, 15:29   #18
Son. Husband. Witch!

Grrr. Angry that my copy didn't turn up today. Been pre-ordered for 2 weeks and it was meant to have been shipped on Friday for to arrive today. Got in touch with the store that I ordered it from (special edition signed copy from Townsend Records) and they said that the record label haven't sent them the stock yet!
Old 23-04-2011, 09:58   #19
Son. Husband. Witch!

Album arrived this morning. Over the moon. Going to give it a spin now.
http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley
ReplyPost New Thread