Old 28-09-2004, 19:10   #1

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Try and vote in Florida

Give it your best shot!

http://wearabledissent.com/101/floridaballot.html#
Old 28-09-2004, 23:20   #2
a kind of fresh madness

Nice.

Seriously though, I've never given a shit about politics in my life, in my own country, and yet I'm praying for Bush to get trounced in November in the U.S. elections.
If one good thing has come out of all this bullshit it's that people of my generation, who never gave a shit about current affairs before, are waking up and realising that maybe we do have a part to play afterall.

That and the fact that Bush jokes are now so prevalent and they're getting more amusing by the minute!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 29-09-2004, 00:00   #3
I don't waste my time

I am so sick of Bush. If he gets reelected, I will consider them the dumbest people in the modern world. I mean how can you be so dumb TWICE?
Old 29-09-2004, 00:27   #4
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
the international community doesn't like bush, and the ppl who know what's going on in the US really don't like bush, unless they are in it for the tax breaks and/or run a business, invest in oil, ...you name it, the list of the upper crust keeps going.

staringelf - you're sick of bush? try going to one of the best schools in the country where many of the students are liberal and politically aware. actually, this is one of the most politically active universities in the country. bush may be dumber than a rock but he's got enough political assets to outrun kerry, if kerry doesn't get his act together. [bush's lead is narrowing, so we'll see]

ypsidan - did you go to the last home game? omg that one field goal sucked. lol and my senior tickets are sweet.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 29-09-2004, 00:32   #5
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
check this out => http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselection...314339,00.html hehe jeb bush hello!! the judges heading the FL supreme court are what? republicans. florida just may be an issue again dammit
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 29-09-2004, 00:32   #6
a kind of fresh madness

Kerry is just as much as of a war-mongering f#cker as Bush. Also - as it's what's most important to me - I discovered that Kerry's policy on gay relationships isn't that far removed from George Dubya's!
I guess it's just a classic case of "the lesser of two evils".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 29-09-2004, 00:47   #7
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
I discovered that Kerry's policy on gay relationships isn't that far removed from George Dubya's!
Only in the US can two guys like Bush and Kerry be considered as political oponents, LOL! I mean, in any European country they'd be both in the same right wing party, if not extreme right.

From what i've heard from Kerry, his international policy won't be different from Bush's, so for the rest of the world, whoever win doesn't really matter, they will both continue to fuck up the world, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 29-09-2004, 00:52   #8
a kind of fresh madness

Hmmmmm...
Is anyone besides Michael Moore voting for Nader...??
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 29-09-2004, 02:37   #9
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
On friday I'm going to Boston. I swear I'll walk around downtown with a huge "Vote for Kerry" banner.

Belive me. It's not that I like Kerry so much. It's the fact that I hate Bush much, much more. ... Not him as a person. But this whole administration. They seem like a privately run money-making oligarchy for rich people. And they do it so obviously it hurts. I think the terrorist knew EXACTLY what kind of a leader has to be in power for them to strike like they did on 9/11. They probably expected exactly what the USA will do in the future. And how it'll effect the world economy. Infact GWB missed the historical oportunity - to get rid of international terrorism as a goverment sponsored activity and degrade terrorist into crazy people fighting the windmills. He had that opportunity. The whole world public was beind them. Then he invaded Iraq and ruined everything. Economic interested prevailed before international safety. A whole new wave of "freedom fighters" are crawling from the huts wrecked by american artilery. A whole new wave of troops with a reason to hate and nothing to live for but revenge. Endless cycle
Old 29-09-2004, 03:10   #10
no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
On friday I'm going to Boston. I swear I'll walk around downtown with a huge "Vote for Kerry" banner.
you're in or going to be IN the states?! That's a dream come true for you isn't it?

I'm with everyone with not likely either candidates, i just can't force myself to think of even voting for Bush. I just can't handle him, i know that if the american people re-elected him our foriegn relationships would be dead... and i wanna travel abroad more dammit! So on my birthday (which is election day by the way) i WILL be voting for Kerry, and i know most young kids will be. I heard that there are more new registers this year that the election offices can't handle it. So if the kids are gonna vote, i think this will be a much more successful election than ummm previous
Old 01-10-2004, 21:29   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
I am so sick of Bush. If he gets reelected, I will consider them the dumbest people in the modern world. I mean how can you be so dumb TWICE?
Not Twice! First of all, Bush wasn't popularly elected last time. Secondly, those 20-25% of Americans (at least half of Americans don't vote ) who voted for him then didn't know he was going to do everything that he's done.
Old 02-10-2004, 00:47   #12
kis$ it

bush is the only president who got into the executive office by a supreme court ruling. haku - bush is practically homophobic. kerry's policies on gay marriage is that he opposes it but he believes in providing benefits for partners with civil unions. that's his way to rally the moderates, and most of america opposes marriage. there's no use in mocking political strategy, is there? and besides bush and kerry differ in many ways, i would not say they are conservative. kerry is pro-choice and no half assed republican is pro choice. kerry also supports welfare, education for the underprivileged, and medicaid. does bush? ummmm no. the day bush made that speech about supporting medicaid, the next day he cut medicaid spending by 1.5 billion. or was it trillion? the numbers get fuzzy after a million.
so much for being a political science major in such a fucking politically active school. all of you who can get a chance to visit, please do. you don't know what you're missing.

freds - you are in the states? where? when?
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 02-10-2004, 06:15   #13
My Waking Hour

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
Only in the US can two guys like Bush and Kerry be considered as political oponents, LOL! I mean, in any European country they'd be both in the same right wing party, if not extreme right.

From what i've heard from Kerry, his international policy won't be different from Bush's, so for the rest of the world, whoever win doesn't really matter, they will both continue to fuck up the world, lol.
Maybe, but then again, Kerry has a good record of being a liberal and after he fought in Vietnam and saw all the sh1t going on there he became something like a critic of the war, - calling the American government of the time "war criminals", no less. When he was asked about this rhetoric used he said that although he now thinks it was a little innapropriate, there's no denying of the manifest war crimes and atrocities commited - by the bloody yanks over there, may I add.
So basically, I think Kerry is simply adopting his hard line policy in order to win over votes from the Republicans, and that's the only way...not that we'll be dancing and singing and dancing and singing with the devil but I think he'll be a better president overall and the world a safer place to live - if he takes over from the brainless chimpanzee...

But I was thinking...As Kerry is catching up and keeps on winning the debates - the joke in the office was how bad can Kerry be if he's trailing Bush - but it seems that even he can win over the chimp with no brain if given the chance..........ahem where was I?
oh yeah, if Kerry makes it in the end what do we have? probably a safer world. But if Bush holds on and be relected I wont be slammed by ypsidan04...not to mention win the colossal bet of 5 quid I put on the clueless ape to win

Now, that's a dilemma innit???

Last edited by spyretto; 02-10-2004 at 06:55.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:40   #14
My Waking Hour

Down ! Down! ( the bet was a ploy of reverse psychological undertones, meaning that I wish so much Mr Kerry triumphs that I'm willing to place a bet on Mr uknowho - albeit 5 pounds - as well as jeopardise my status in the eyes of the honourable man who calls himself ypsidan04! and all the rest of my beloved tatysite townfolks.
Indeed, my honourable people, you shall behold my ensuing humilation as a fresh suitor aka "only trust your own" is ultimately defeated, and the honourable ypsidan04 casts his final curse upon the fool who stands before thee.

But what the heck, off the record, Bush will be re-elected and that's final. I can only damn wish so much he wouldn't
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57   #15
Участник

For those who are interested, here are the latest poll results: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Pres...cking_Poll.htm
Old 02-10-2004, 07:04   #16
My Waking Hour

oh yeah baby! ...and who knows , maybe Bush can win the next debate. That'd be like too unreal but hey!

Maybe he can recite the famous words uttered by the honourable Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now.

Quote:
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like...victory!
( but tastes like shit, may I add - excuse the innapropriate use of "may" here...amen! )
Old 03-10-2004, 16:27   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
[bush's lead is narrowing, so we'll see]
Newsweek magazine had a national poll that puts Kerry ahead 49-46% after the debate.

Quote:
ypsidan - did you go to the last home game? omg that one field goal sucked. lol and my senior tickets are sweet.
No, the only UM game I'm going to this year is the Michigan State game on the 30th.
Quote:
Also - as it's what's most important to me - I discovered that Kerry's policy on gay relationships isn't that far removed from George Dubya's!
True, IF you ignore the fact that Kerry has NO desire to pass a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, which was just voted down by both houses of Congress.
Quote:
Hmmmmm...
Is anyone besides Michael Moore voting for Nader...??
You're kidding me right? He's not voting for Nader! Not a chance in Hell, sorry. Nader is a good man, don't get me wrong. Probably saved many lives in this country, and probably could have saved more if airlines and airplane manufacturers had listened to him over 10 years ago, when he proposed putting secure locks on cockpit doors. And he can dispute this all he wants, but his presence in the election is just taking votes away from John Kerry. You vote for Nader, you're helping Bush win the election. Michael Moore would vote for his dog before he helps President Bush win this election. Nader is just running because he wants revenge. That's all. And conservatives can hate him all they want, but Moore is not a Democrat. He doesn't like Democrats a whole lot either, and assuming John Kerry is elected, he said that his camera will be pointed at him as well.

P.S. - I just saw him speak here a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, and it was well worth it for only 5 dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi
I heard that there are more new registers this year that the election offices can't handle it. So if the kids are gonna vote, i think this will be a much more successful election than ummm previous
You got that right. In just the University of Michigan student body alone, there are 5,000 new registered voters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
kerry is pro-choice and no half assed republican is pro choice. kerry
Devil's advocate for a second: When Bush was campaigning in 2000, he was asked what he would do if one of his daughters got pregnant, and was thinking about having an abortion. He said that they would sit down as a family and discuss it. So obviously, to his credit, he thinks that the government should not have a say in the matter. Granted, he still may be against the idea, but as a father, he would prefer to talk it over as a family, and not have the government make the decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I wont be slammed by ypsidan04...
"Slammed"?

I wouldn't dream of it. As long as Kerry wins, and I can show that making premature guarantees is a bad idea, it's all good. And if Bush wins, I won't be a sore loser. I'll be pretty disappointed, but I wouldn't take it out on others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Down ! Down! ( the bet was a ploy of reverse psychological undertones, meaning that I wish so much Mr Kerry triumphs that I'm willing to place a bet on Mr uknowho - albeit 5 pounds - as well as jeopardise my status in the eyes of the honourable man who calls himself ypsidan04! and all the rest of my beloved tatysite townfolks.
Indeed, my honourable people, you shall behold my ensuing humilation as a fresh suitor aka "only trust your own" is ultimately defeated, and the honourable ypsidan04 casts his final curse upon the fool who stands before thee.
What's with all this drama?

Last edited by ypsidan04; 03-10-2004 at 16:57.
Old 05-10-2004, 22:13   #18
Участник

By the way, Kerry is slowly catching up with Bush. He's only 0.9% behind with 47.0% approval rate comapred to Bush's 47.9%. *fingers crossed*
Old 05-10-2004, 22:27   #19
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsidan04

What's with all this drama?
I was just a little drunk

Don't give up the fight, my friend. What the whole world can't bear to see, the Americans should not see as well, even if it's by a margin of 0.000001%;

...talking 'bout Bush's 2nd term...amen!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:47   #20
My Waking Hour

It just occured to me:

GW BUSH FOR NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!!!!

( Ariel Sharon for a close second )

alas, It wasn't to be... maybe next year

Last edited by spyretto; 08-10-2004 at 10:15.
ReplyPost New Thread