Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

t.A.T.u. didn’t "get accustomed" in Podnebesnaya

Old 30-01-2004, 14:12   #21
Участник

Quote:
and those songs you mention - PD, NVNP those are OLD 'hits' .. hits in quotes because... hey werent even hits exactly. PD was released in Bulgaria... ummm... I cant even remember anymore.... whenever it came out in Russia .. people listened to it a while, and not it is FORGOTTEN! why put it on a new alum?!?!
My point wasn't that they should include these songs on their new album; we are discussing the article, remember? I was contradicting what the article said based mainly on other sources than Tatu (such as Mars Lasar's official website, interviews from De Luxe, I.F.K. forum etc.). Whatever, the point I had in mind was: considering that there actually seems to be existing material; Tatu are (and have been for some time) working with studio technicians and musicians etc - this could rather be an indication that they (and/or Ivan) want to release an album they are content with (with everything that entails) instead of having rushed out a substandard album and tried cashing in while Tatu were still moderately mainstream popular around the world. Of course, they might not even be interested in releasing an album at all. Yulia said (which Haku mentioned) on Viva Interaktiv that she thought the album would be inbetween rock and trance, a description which fits if we consider that they are/have been working with De Luxe (trance musicians) and musicians from I.F.K.(indie/metal/rock group).

To quote a line I liked from a recent article on Tatu in gzt.ru with regards to the first episode of the reality show: "In this minichaos lies the source of Tatu's vital energy". Interesting and funny article by the way. http://www.gzt.ru/pop.gzt?rubric=pop...50000000007991

If we are talking about the album, I would also like to see them go into a darker and edgier direction compared to "200 Po Vstrechnoi" - the style between trance and rock sounds great, and melodywise I'd love to see a bit of Russian/Ukrainean folk harmonies (which was prevalent in "200 Po Vstrechnoi" as well). Technically the first version of NVNB (even though I think the second version is more emotionally powerful) is very interesting/inventive, and far more progressive than average pop songs with its industrial dance textures and the digital experimental sound. I'm personally really pleased with both NVNB and Nichya.

Old 30-01-2004, 16:19   #22
My Waking Hour

They need a good album and a strong single with the potential of becoming a worldwide hit. Otherwise, forget about it. The way things are going, I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Old 30-01-2004, 18:24   #23
no....

Maybe they are recording like a DECOY album on the show

Make every one go, they have nothing! and then at the end they've had everything prepared...

hahaha, not even I believe that.

But i mean, artists record more songs than what they put on their albums, so maybe he just wants to record enough to have some real options for this next album.

But I agree with Convol, they should have enough material to work with.

Quote:
with the potential of becoming a worldwide hit
i don't think they are concerned with a WORLDwide hit, i think they should focus on Russia.

Old 30-01-2004, 18:29   #24
viva la scientology!

Sorry to say it, but I'm looking forward more to Nichya's album than Tatu's.

All we've had is sorry attempts at "scandal", stalling, buying time and wasting time, while Nichya are actually making songs. Good songs, I think.

Damn you Elena Kiper. You just might win in the end...
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 30-01-2004, 19:31   #25
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
They need a good album and a strong single with the potential of becoming a worldwide hit. Otherwise, forget about it. The way things are going, I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.
Not at all. That's only if you look at it from a commercial standpoint. They don't need to be commercialy succesful (I mean a worldwide craze like ATTSS was) in order to still be worthwhile and credible artists. I mean we're fans... we don't care if they're chart-toppers or not, do we? Great music should be enough for us.

That being said I DO find it strange that there's supposedly "not enough music". I mean besides Nich'ya, NVNBNP, PD and Mars Lazar stuff... weren't they saying that the album is about 80% finished like months ago? And would they really attempt a reality show about shooting the album without enough material for it? I mean what would be their plan then? Just make it up as they go along? In 2 months? When they practicaly had 2 years to come up with enough songs?!
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 30-01-2004, 19:49   #26
ROCK FOR LIGHT

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
Not at all. That's only if you look at it from a commercial standpoint.
I'm pretty sure THEY look at it from a commercial standpoint.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you

Old 30-01-2004, 20:05   #27
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Disengage
I'm pretty sure THEY look at it from a commercial standpoint.
Hehe.. no doubt. They do. It's a project based on money... a lot of people relly on it for their income. But still - it'd be pretty sad it that was ALL tatu was about. Wasn't it Ivan who said once that he doesn't care about the money from that point on when he has enough. But what IS enough I wonder? I mean for MJ even a billion dollars wasn't enough.

Still I'd like to think of tatu as a MUSICAL project as well as a finantial institution and an extension of Ivan's... ummm... private parts.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 30-01-2004, 20:19   #28
Участник

Well, since Shap invented Tatu maybe he deserves the biggest percentage of the first phase of the project. From this point forward, it appears to me that the girls are ready to take over and direct the project themselves. If the next phase of the project is unsucessful, then Lena and Yulia have only themselves to blame. In current interviews, both say that there will be "huge changes" coming very soon.

Old 30-01-2004, 20:26   #29
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
Not at all. That's only if you look at it from a commercial standpoint. They don't need to be commercialy succesful (I mean a worldwide craze like ATTSS was) in order to still be worthwhile and credible artists. I mean we're fans... we don't care if they're chart-toppers or not, do we? Great music should be enough for us.

That being said I DO find it strange that there's supposedly "not enough music". I mean besides Nich'ya, NVNBNP, PD and Mars Lazar stuff... weren't they saying that the album is about 80% finished like months ago? And would they really attempt a reality show about shooting the album without enough material for it? I mean what would be their plan then? Just make it up as they go along? In 2 months? When they practicaly had 2 years to come up with enough songs?!
They don't need another hit? oh yeah, you're right, they've such a huge following after that longlasting career that anything will do...and the concept album of course.
At the end their fanbase will consist in a dozen people posting on the forums. They don't need another hit...yeah right.

direct the project themselves? I take this as a joke, cause there's no other way to take it

Tatu as a musical project simply doesn't exist. Unless you call what they've been doing in the last six months a musical project. They're a successful commercial project that relies too much on PR stunts to remain in the spotlight. The music was there in the first album but as things stand now the music comes last.

Last edited by spyretto; 30-01-2004 at 20:37.

Old 31-01-2004, 00:47   #30
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
They don't need another hit? oh yeah, you're right, they've such a huge following after that longlasting career that anything will do...and the concept album of course.
At the end their fanbase will consist in a dozen people posting on the forums. They don't need another hit...yeah right.

direct the project themselves? I take this as a joke, cause there's no other way to take it

Tatu as a musical project simply doesn't exist. Unless you call what they've been doing in the last six months a musical project. They're a successful commercial project that relies too much on PR stunts to remain in the spotlight. The music was there in the first album but as things stand now the music comes last.
Nope I don't agree. They're STILL a musical project. The first album was great musicaly... so far ahead of it's western counterparts. If that can't be called a musical project then I don't know what can. And PD, NVNBNP, Nich'ya didn't disapoint me... eventhough Nich'ya won't be an international smash hit it's still not a disapointment to me. Because I like the music. Maybe it'll be a disapointment for THEM, since their initial survival depends on the financial liquidity...

Yet I'm fairly convinced that they're capable of hits still in Russia. PD proved that... after a year of virtualy nothing it became a hit. But What I'm saying is that I'd rather see something more alternative... or at least rockish, like they promised. Something that would sound solid, rather then a souless manufactured clone of YSSU/ATTSS or NND/NGGU.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 31-01-2004, 09:27   #31
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by convol
this could rather be an indication that they (and/or Ivan) want to release an album they are content with (with everything that entails) instead of having rushed out a substandard album and tried cashing in while Tatu were still moderately mainstream popular around the world.
Interesting point. And I must say I'm really curious what the new album will be like - because tATu keep surprising us with unexpected things, so at this point I don't think anyone can really predict the musical direction they are going to take, though Yulia's statement that it was going to be a mixture of rock and trance sounds very promising to me and seems to be confirmed by the collaboration with De Luxe and I.F.K. We'll see.

Quote:
I'm personally really pleased with both NVNB and Nichya.
So am I, and I also liked their collaboration with Polusa.

Quote:
"In this minichaos lies the source of Tatu's vital energy".
I really like that quote. At the moment so much is happening, with the reality show every weekend, new articles every day, this awesome Podnebesnaya website which gets updated with info, exclusive pictures and polls almost every day and has an interesting forum as well, there's interaction with the fanbase by way of polls and the chat and the competitions and the uploading of mp3's and so on and so forth. So much is happening. Good times!

xena225

Old 07-02-2004, 01:42   #32
we shout

Yes .. agree with you xena225 ... lots happening..

...even tho I feel a bit boring here because so little material we can get from this... just maybe if we live in Russia we would feel different.

Other than that I just wonder what the rate of viewers on Reality Show on STS - like when they move it from prime time to 11pm... why?

When I go to STS website the main http://www.ctc-tv.ru/
I was automaticly re-directed to this page with big TATU girls with picture with wings .. http://www.ctc-tv.ru/ent/main/

It just seems like the TATU RS is a big event for STS ....

and they are also going to Singapore.. with STS..

From newsletter I got yesterday from MTVasia .. they never mention much about TATU... just yesterday .. they put TATU on top of the newsletter above other artist about the award.. it just felt so sudden...

*is waiting for the full chat log from STS site..today is 7th*

btw, I saw this:
Quote:
P.S. The report on the first extraordinary session of the commission on affairs ТАТУ look on February, 7 at 20:00 only on telechannel СТС
written at the bottom of this page http://www.ctc-tv.ru/ent/club/chat/TATU/ (I use translator) ..what's that mean? report on TV?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means