YES, people are a born gay 18 52.94%
BOTH, there could be, but a persons environment plays a big role 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 05:38   #21
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
Quote:
So there's some sort of witchcraft practice to make people gay! HAHAHAHAHA I had heard of spells for stopping men from having boners, but spells for turning people gay is just genius, I must say! LMFAO

LOL! if only there was some witchcraft i could practice to turn people gay. my first victim would be george bush

Quote:
BTW... I don't know much about christian religious history, but God himself didn't actually dictate much of the Bible, did he? It was mostly done by his apostles, who then said it was the word of the Lord, I am right? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I just think leading your life based on what a book says, no matter how holy it's supposed to be, is such a turn off for me humanly that I just prefer not to know much about it LOL

yep it has been taught that God told the apostles and other authors of the bible what to write.. But then again, man lies, man exagerates, and is capable of adding a couple of sentences or even pages. And i agree, i really cant believe how anyone could live strictly by the teachings of the bible. its like how can you apply something that was set place sooo long ago into these times, it will not work out. crazy peeplez Lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 08-12-2004, 05:57   #22
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataku
yep it has been taught that God told the apostles and other authors of the bible what to write.. But then again, man lies, man exagerates, and is capable of adding a couple of sentences or even pages.
Yes, the true messengers are the ones who can let go of their egos fully. And that is extremely rare. I would and will never look up to anything which is said to be from a certain spiritual master, but is written by somebody else. Although I do believe we have the power to receive messages from "beyond", but I will never look up to them as 100% right, because I don't trust messengers fully, there's no proof that their ego has not interfered within the transmission of the message.
Old 08-12-2004, 19:08   #23
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
thats so spiritual..ive never really thought messengers and such. but it does make a alot of sense that in almost all decisions that we make, except for the selfless ones [if that even exists], that our egos have not interfered with.

i read last night, as i was finishing up, that scientists are now arguing that the theory of a homosexual gene is an way for homosexuals to be accepted or something along those terms...hmmm? *goes to find article*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 08-12-2004, 19:14   #24
I don't waste my time

Quote:
read last night, as i was finishing up, that scientists are now arguing that the theory of a homosexual gene is an way for homosexuals to be accepted or something along those terms...hmmm? *goes to find article*
I think there will be a bad side if this actually proves something, though, because it's sad if someone says something like "It's not their fault, they were born like that" in a way like it's sort of disease.
Old 08-12-2004, 20:51   #25
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I support the hormone theory, rather then the gene one. It's not a choice in any case, it's just a matter of WHICH physiological factor contributes mostly to homosexuality. It's not determined by hormones in the body while the child is born already, it's all about the hormonal ballance in the womb. It's critical to have a precise amount of testosteron (eventhough it's a male hormone it's critical to the development of both sexes.. it's the hormone that builds human sexuality from the ground up) while the fetus is being developed, if you want to get a 100% straight individual (there's a recipe for "male sex drive" hormonal mix and "female sex drive" hormonal mix). Just slight variations in this ballance causes later variations in the sexuality (for instance a female fetus with a slightly different ballance of hormones, which might resemble male sex drive more then the female sex drive, would produce a homosexual or bisexual female (depends on how much the hormonal mix is closer to male sex drive). The fact is that it's immensely hard to get that PRECISE ballance needed for a 100% straight person to be developed. Which means that human sexuality is a fluent thing, full of dynamics and diversity. Even straight men might prefer butch females sometimes, or straight girls might prefer more femme orientated guys. Even these differences in personal taste show us the vast dynamics of human sexuality. I still claim there's no such thing as a 100% straight or a 100% gay person. We're all just in a more or less close proximity to one of the sex drives that was determined with the hormonal mix in the womb. While bisexuals are somewhere in between.
Old 08-12-2004, 21:41   #26
23 degrees off-kilter

I think that people are born with the propensity to be gay, some more than others, a friend who did psychology mentioned in passing that for women, it could be a testosterone imbalance when the foetus is developing. I remember this hazily so don't shoot me if I'm wrong

Well, from personal experience, Growing up, I always had a huge thing for women, posters on my wall were all female celebs, but it wasn't so much a sexual attraction but more of an admiration "i wish i could be her" kinda thing. I was involved with a guy for 7 years, but later broke up and got involved with a woman. I come from a very conservative society, where homosexuality is frowned upon, therefore, perhaps growing up, I just curbed my nature to fit in and not rock anyone's boat.

However, having been women now, sometimes i think i opened pandora's box. As a teen, Lust was generally towards men, now... its like i just look at women! I think its conditioning and environment that "enhances" my gayness. Well i don't really know if what im posting makes sense, but yeah...

I think people are born with the potential to be gay.. some more than others, and social factors, environmental conditioning and personal mindset can greatly influence it so that it "seems" that its the environment that makes people gay. Bottomline imho is that you cant create something that wasn't there in the first place.
Old 09-12-2004, 00:05   #27
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cada
Bottomline imho is that you cant create something that wasn't there in the first place.
I totally agree
Old 09-12-2004, 00:42   #28
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
I tell everyone this, but oh well. My father is gay, he came out when I was about 6 years old and I am also gay (my rommate, Adam, loves to call me his "Uber Dyke").

The "gay gene" is on the "X" chromosome not the "Y" which explains why my brother is as straight as they come. Also many of my mannerisms are the same as my fathers. Whenever my mom's really pissed at me she says, "Your exactly like your father...". Over Thanksgiving break Adam and I went to see my Dad in Florida and he did a double take while we were watching TV because my dad and I were sitting in the exact same position with same look on our face. He said it was like a mirror image.

Anyway my point is that I believe its genetic more than environmental. Of course like anything their are some exceptions, but more often than not I believe people are born gay and figure it out some time after they hit puberty. Unless of course they deny it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 09-12-2004, 03:59   #29
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
I've also read that some scientist are trying to argue that it may be classified as an disease. probably in the same category as schizophrenia..
I dunno wots more disturbing...the fact that everything these days is a 'disease' or the fact that something like this needs to be pegged as a 'disease' or for that matter compared to a psychological illness....ILLNESS

whatever...it amuses me how ignorant some people are...educated people....

Offtop:
HEY...RACH...OVER HERE *flails arms* i just noticed that now my signature applies to u...how does that make u feel *puts mic in ur face*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 09-12-2004, 07:52   #30
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I think "BOTH"...

Think there is a physical predisposition(hormones) at the origine...then or some people instantaneously accept for themselves their homosexuality, or they discover it later, or even they could refuse the idea...
I think too a lot of people have in themselves a "potentiality" to become gay , or to live an homosexual love story if it happens in their live a "release mechanism"...WITHOUT KNOWING IT.
I mean the Traditional education says: one girl + one boy...so they don't even think about this question until the day , they meet somebody or have a affective shock in their life which could make them see their emotional life differently.

I think environnment has a role , combinated with the "physical" predisposition...
For me, it's a "wedding" between : physical + psychological sides.

I say that 'cause I've often observed the same "pattern" in the gay women i've could have met...often there is a difficult relationship with their father...
Of course, all kiddies and teenagers have problems with their parents in a moment of their lives...but I really often observed this kind of "war" between homosexual girls and their father...a relation of Love/Hate.
Old 10-12-2004, 00:53   #31
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishkash
Offtop:
HEY...RACH...OVER HERE *flails arms* i just noticed that now my signature applies to u...how does that make u feel *puts mic in ur face*
Offtop:
You mean "Once you've had KAKE u don't want icecream"? - You keep telling yourself that
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 10-12-2004, 02:44   #32
Участник

It is fairly well established that testosterone levels during pregnancy influence sexual orientation, at least in females. There's been a search for gay genes for years and this isn't the first time someone has claimed to find one. They haven't stacked up in the past, but that doesn't mean they won't in the future.

A famous study of twins suggests that genetic and environmental factors play a role. If one identical twin was gay, the chances of the other being gay were 52%, with two fraternal (non-identical) twins it was 22%, for a non-twin brother it was 9% and the chances of an unrelated adoptive brother someone gay also being gay were 11%. This suggests that genes play an important, but not overwhelming role, because the incidence was so much higher for identical than non-identical twins. The fact that the chances were 11% for an unrelated adoptive brother when the incidence of male homosexuality in the general population is about 3-5% suggested that family environment also plays some role.

When the same research was done for women, the chances were 48% with identical twins, 16% with fraternal twins and 6% with adoptive sisters.

These results were tainted, though, by the fact that they weren't random samples - people had been recruited to take part and those with other gay family members may have been more likely.

A broader study of 5000 Australian twins found the chance of the identical twin of a gay twin also being gay was 38% and the chance of the identical twin of a lesbian twin also being lesbian was 30%. This study is much more reliable because it doesn't have the potential bias.

However, when the results of that study were recalculated using a different definition of sexual orientation (that there's a scale, not just a gay/straight dichotomy), the levels of genetic influence in females rose to 50-60% and in males they fell to 30% or less.

What all this means is that there must be a significant genetic component to being gay or lesbian ('gay genes' - there certainly isn't just one gene for it, if there was it would have been tracked down long ago), but it's not overwhelming. Nobody knows why some people with 'gay genes' become gay or lesbian and others don't. This kind of pattern is found for many characteristics in twin studies. There is often a large and unexplained environmental influence as well as a genetic influence. You get the same for IQ, for instance.

The idea that something is either genetically determined or a conscious choice (as the poll suggests) is nonsensical.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:04   #33
Re-Offender

Choice ?
No. I cannot see that : .....where is my goddamned timetable ?! I have trouble to remember if I'm supposed to be straight on Wednesdays !
Genetically determined ?
What exactly do you mean ? Some genetic error ? In humans , homosexuality is much to common for it to be considered a genetic defect ! Real genetic diseases are really rare. And their frequency depends on their severity .
So , I will go with environment and social trait . Homosexual contact is a way to communicate pleasure.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:31   #34
My Waking Hour

Apart fom having the "specifications" from birth it's also a "talent" you can develop or repress. So I think both actually, with more emphasis on the "gene". You're born with it and then it's a matter of choice as well? ( but it's not really a "gene" is it? anyway, natural cause )
But if nature meant this to happen as something normal, then gays would be able to procreate and then all would be well. But it isn't.

now that's a lame, smart-assed answer, innit?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:35   #35
a kind of fresh madness

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
....and you're probably going to get completely ripped to shreds for saying it.
*runs for cover*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:43   #36
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
LOL! Spyretto are you running a campaign for the most controversial member?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:18   #37
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
But if nature meant this to happen as something normal, then gays would be able to procreate and then all would be well. But it isn't.

I don't see giving birth as very natural though
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 08-01-2005, 02:10   #38
Новенький

I believe this issue is more psychological than genetic, i think the person is born with that factor and it will be stimulated or repressed depending on the environment that person lives.

But to treat this as a genetic thing is to see it as an genetic error, a mutation. And if this is proved, then, already conservative societies will strengthen their view of homosexual individuals as "an error of nature" because they were born like that. And the person would be automatically excluded of that society since its birth. Like black people, they were excluded and mistreated because they were born black. And then, people would start to create those stupid segregative laws like schools only for gay people, bathrooms only for gay people, this kind of stuff.
Old 25-02-2006, 21:52   #39
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
I dont know what to say about this..I was interested in guy since i was 11..so i dont know what to say
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 19-04-2006, 22:05   #40
Обезьянки / Null & Void

A choice,,, the only one choice a gay person could take is to live openly and be himself/herself or to hide his or her emotions and live a fake life,,,,,,,,, Someone can't control emotions but we can certainly control what we do.
ReplyPost New Thread