Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Another lesbian duo

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 01:09   #21
blah

powerpuff grrl: they ARE a manufactured pop act indeed. for you there. for us here too, but at another level. at the highest level possible. and see, i never meant liberation in a sexual way. there's SO much more than that. the gay thing is just to get the attention. i tried to explain the point of view in another post (my revelation) and i remember we had a conflict you and i, so we better leave it like that. different cultures, different understandings.

ripp & pacmangirl: i didnt necessarily mean this particular band. i meant the eventual ones appearing. in Japan there's already such thing.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:21   #22
blah

and another thing: also about western media. they see tATu as 'another' manufactured pop band probably because they feel the need to label everything. see, they think they know everything, they think they saw it all, and when something totally new and unexpected comes, they feel the need to tear it down to pieces and fit it into their pre-established labels and put the etiquette on them: "pseudo-lesbians" since "they just CAN'T (OMG!!!) be real lesbians doing the (OMG!!!) kissing in the vid - that just can't be!!!".

i've noticed that ever since they broke the western market, ALL the media is trying to rip their image to shreads, to pick on EVERY single thing, just to prove that this somehow exotic band CAN'T be different from what they already know.

why is it that for us here, the lesbian thing counted so much less? yes, THE QUESTION was asked, but the girls gave an evasive answer and our media settled at that and respected their answer and concentrated on the message, the music more. we don't have paparazzi here. the first just started appearing and they provoked such big scandals that they wish they never had gotten started photographing celebs in the first place. we CARE about people's privacy here and we concentrate more on what they have to say. IF they got something to say, that is. if they are not interesting, we just say "f*** you" - no exaggeration in what Lena and Yulia said a while back.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:37   #23
Участник

KillaQueen

I don't think it's fair of you to assume that "we think we know everything". What is that based on?
We, the average person, have little to no control over the media! As for picking them apart, it's just the way we are. I remeber when I was little, one of the first things they tought us was to question everything! Literally! And, I don't think we need to prove that they are just like anyother groups! Everyone already KNOWS they arn't!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:44   #24
blah

bgirlnikki: i never meant the fans. the media. it's clear that if you are a fan, then you found something special in this band compared to other bands. it's all that matters. i just took it a little to another level. no need for you to take offence. i know where you're coming from.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:46   #25
The Dream is Over, :~(

KillaQueen, you said to leave it because of "different cultures, different understandings."

Just take your own advice and leave it, you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:05   #26
blah

powerpuff: how can i NOT know what i am talking about?! since everything we have on TV here... EVERYTHING is influenced by the west, by AMERICA mostly?? since our country is kissing their butt?? how can i not know when they shove down my throat a culture that i DON'T agree with?! only SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX VIOLENCE VIOLENCE VIOLENCE VIOLENCE VIOLENCE everywhere..... in every movie, in every show, in every song.... and OMG, we HAVE to show this: it's from AMERICA - WHOA!!! it's like we don't have a culture anymore... a present culture, i mean... it's all so americanised (does that word exist?). OUR LANGUAGE is full and i mean FULL of american expressions like: cool, f***, s*** and all that. the few patriots that we have left are putting together a law that requires for us to TRANSLATE from now on all the terms coming from the Americans cos we NEED to preserve this damn language we speak. at this rate, 50 years from now or even less, we'll start talking english ffs!!!

everyday we are taught that americans are the best, america does this, america does that... our stupid president even offered to join this bloody Iraq war BEFORE even Bush asked him to!! he just sent a letter saying we support him. did he bother asking the nation? no. and if he did, they'd all probably say 'yes' without even blinking. ask a romanian what does he want to do (leave or stay here), he'll tell you: "emigrate to america".

and i won't deny, it's what i wanted to do too! hell, america, where all dreams come true (my a$$)! where people don't worry about what they have to eat the next day!... yet where people are so ignorant (not all, yet a good majority)... i asked a 45 year old woman where Transylvania is (the dracula legend and crap - i imagined she must have known where the bloody place was!!!) and you know what she said? "umm... Yugoslavia??" not to mention some thought it was some name invented at Hollywood... for the record, it's here in this God forsaken place.

so don't you tell ME i don't know your culture, cos i can safely turn your words around saying: no, my dear, YOU don't know MY culture.

look, i am too tired and too pissed off to start a war with you again. trust me on this one, if you don't believe me on the topic we're debating.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:19   #27
I'm a Dust Bunny!

You can't really say that, KQ. Because we LIVE here, we very well KNOW the culture better than you ever could, while still remaining in Romania. There's a difference between being fed images by the TV screen, and living the life itself. Just like I can't claim to know what it's like to be Romanian, you can't claim to know what goes on here, despite your media of dripping Americana. o.o

And they're ripping the image apart because there appears to be something to rip apart to begin with. t.A.T.u. stand on shaky ground when it comes to the past. :/

But in any case. Both myself and PowerPuff are Canadian anyway. :P

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 11-04-2003, 02:39   #28
blah

echo: i know you both are canadian, i can read lol. but since you began talking about america like talking about your own country (e.g. "we LIVE here") instead of beginning with "we are canadian", then you identify yourselves with american culture too. heh, don't we all? i have many, oh too many relatives/aquaintances that live across the ocean (both IN america and canada) and i have some knowledge. they're all basically saying: "we don't want to come back there - it's not the same as in romania (people are different, in a superficial way - life is very stereotypical), but at least we don't have to worry about tomorrow".

i don't blame the americans, i don't blame anyone. after all, america isn't anything else but a mixture of cultures that after struggles and compromises from all the parts, they came to an agreement: a whole new superficial culture that would contain all the original cultures yet none of them. and so, it turns out that america is some sort of a 'Frankenstein's beast' that Europe created. and now 'the beast' is coming for its creator. and the thing is, the creator follows 'the beast' now. but this 'beast' is dressed up in shiny outfits and it has an overwhelming power and appealing beauty when looked from the outside. but if you take a look on the inside, you'll see it's just that: a beast.

sorry for getting too metaphorical there, but as i said, i am tired. talk to me tomorrow and maybe i'll tell you the sky is GREEN here in Romania. too many sleepless nights. too many tATu songs. too many of too much lol. NOT meaning to sound offensive or cause a war. just call me an idiot and let's get it over with.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:51   #29
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Lol. Yes, live here and all that, but I guess I failed to be more precise. We neighbor the States and form a part of American society, because we live in NORTH America. Lol. Not that we ARE from the US. Anyway, that's besides the point.

The point is that yes, there are rather superficial things over hither. However, actually saying that people/life may be stereotypical, is in actuality stereotypical itself. But then again, it's because I'm not of the majority and live in a place where there aren't really any majorities at all, that thus my perception is again different.

You know what? I think we've both have totally gone off topic. (And I've totally forgotten what we were talking about to begin with.) Lol. *Kicks herself.* Ahem. Back on track, people. ^_^''

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...

Last edited by Echoed; 11-04-2003 at 02:58.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:55   #30
blah

*jumps out the window*... yeah, where the heck were we? lol... oh well... i gotta go to sleep now... i NEED sleep..... sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep...... sllllllllllllleeeeeeep!!!..... ok, i won't bother going up again, i'll just sleep here in the bushes i landed on while jumping out the window..... good night peeps!
Old 12-04-2003, 01:54   #31
rh2k

lol! the chics have yulia's hairstyle and color and one of them is natural blonde
though they are twins not lesbians.
Old 15-04-2003, 01:28   #32
Новенький

thanx for letting us know
Old 15-04-2003, 01:39   #33
Der Meister

Send a message via AIM to Vicious
Wouldn't that be something if they never got asked the question that lingers around Julia and Lena?

I could see Julia and Lena sitting around being like "WTF ask those retards that stupid fuc*ing question!"
Old 16-04-2003, 05:04   #34
Гн. Зебра

Send a message via ICQ to MrZebra
I've been listening to T&S for a lot longer than I've known t.A.T.u. and the lesbianism in T&S is something I figured out on my own. I kinda thought they were les just by hearing the lyrics of their songs. And around when If It Was You came out, I was looking on the net for info on them and the FAQ had the answer and it was cool to see that I was right.

About them making out well that's unlikely since they are sisters! Actually, today we had this discussion on the Alisha's Attic forum about how many fans thought they (Aa) were lesbians but we all know they are not!

But with that aside, I think everyone who likes t.A.T.u. (And Alisha's Attic for that matter) would absolutely love Tegan And Sara. It's basically t.A.T.u. but in english (Without having to settle for lousy dubs) and they are not pop/dance like t.A.T.u. Most people here stated that t.A.T.u. is the only Pop/Dance act in their faves list (Myself included) so they should definitely have no problem liking T&S.

And I find myself shuffling T&S and t.A.T.u.'s albums often... They really sound great together.
Old 16-04-2003, 08:49   #35
Santa's bodyguard

Is it just me or do T&S sound a lot like Elastica? I could be just hearing things though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 16-04-2003, 09:41   #36
To Be Free?

tegan&sara have been out longer than tatu, so thats not exactly copying. when one certain thing becomes popular, anything that is somewhat similar to that automatically gets the spotlight also, for some odd reason.

btw killa i found your frankenstein metaphor quite funny and somewhat accurate if u ask me lol.
ReplyPost New Thread