Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The Academy Award Nominees

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-02-2003, 06:08   #1
The Dream is Over, :~(

Exclamation The Academy Awards

The Oscar Nominees

What do you guys think?
Personally, there isn't one nomination I'm disappointed at. I think everybody deserves the recognition, but I do feel a lot of people have been left out, especially for the makeup category (I usually don't notice that, but c'mon), among other things.

I'm happy Chicago is leading the race. That movie was by far better than the crappy ass Moulin Rouge, IMHO. Yay, for Queen Latifah!!!

And honestly, Lord of the Rings shouldn't be nominated at all. You know they aren't going win anything. They'll swoop up the Awards next year with the final installment, you might as well give some other movie some props.

But eh...

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 19-03-2003 at 00:22.
Old 18-02-2003, 06:17   #2
I'm a Dust Bunny!

You crack me up.

I can't believe you just dissed Moulin Rouge. Then again, not EVERYONE can like that movie. *Laughs.*

I just saw Chicago yesterday. It was FABULOUS. I never knew that Catherine Zeta-Jones could do the splits. o_o

Anyway, I'm rather content with the nominees. But obviously, you can't please everyone. But I thought there was supposed to be five nominees for each category... o_O

I'm surprised that Spirited Away was nominated. I loved that movie, but I was unaware that it was actually known on this scale. ^_^

As for LotR, it's a great movie, with great direction. Obviously, they HAVE to be nominated. Lol. It would only be fair to those that worked so hard on the movie. Whether or not they win anything... Eh. They were nominated, which is technically good enough. ^_^

I'd like to see Meryl Streep win. Just because her reaction at the Golden Globes was so funny. (Yeah, I'm just so good at going on merit, aren't I.)

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 18-02-2003, 06:42   #3

Yeah, sorry to be blunt there but since I hear nothing but praise for that movie I felt it was needed to say something against Moulin Rouge.

I don't really like musicals, in fact I freaking hate them. But Chicago actually made my friends and I bellow out to "All that Jazz," "When You're Good to Mama" and "Cell Block Tango" in the middle of street.

When watching that other musical, all I could think was "Dear God they are ruining another classic!"

As for Spirited Away, that was one of the movies I felt should have nominated for Best Picture rather than LoTR. I mean, Shrek won last year what does tell you about the worth of the Best Animated Movie category?

In my heart I want Queen Latifah to win, but you know the Zeta owns it.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 18-02-2003 at 07:07.
Old 18-02-2003, 06:56   #4
I'm a Dust Bunny!

I love musicals. Which is why I knew I'd love Chicago waaaay before going to see it. Any movie with competant actors backing it up is always worth a watch. (If it was a musical starring Keanu Reeves... Eee. NO.)

He's Canadian, you know? Funky.

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is one of my favourite movies. I also think it should have been nominated for best picture. Although, Shrek was highly amusing. Not as in depth as the former... But oh well. There's a separate category for all things not physical, i.e. animated, so... Those rare gems will just have to suffer.

The Queen should win. I LOVED "When You're Good to Mama". I laughed and laughed and grinned till it hurt. She a big girl.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 20-02-2003, 20:01   #5

I would love to watch Keanu in a musical. Heh.
"I'm Mr. Cellophane, man... Whoa!"

Of course I wouldn't waste my hard earned money to see it. TV-worthy, perhaps.

But yeah, I really don't like that whole animated category. I think it just a cheap way of rewarding Disney movies since they'll never be awarded anything but. And it will limit worthy animated movies from becoming Best Pictures. Just one more thing I hate about the Oscars. But Goddamnit, people look too damn fine for me to resist watching.

I've never heard of Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, what is it about?
Old 20-02-2003, 20:26   #6
I'm a Dust Bunny!

That's the original title of Spirited Away. ^_^

The Oscars are overrated sometimes. But oh well. That's Hollywood for ya.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

ReplyPost New Thread