Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-05-2005, 00:27   #461
no....

Killa, I'll get right on that

[ look here for the link ] - might take a bit of time.
Old 22-05-2005, 00:27   #462
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaQueen
someone ever gets the ESC '05 CD, please please please upload it somewhere. i'd appreciate it verrry much
Okay, I'll buy it. At least I used to do it.
Edit: okay, it seems to be fixed. Good.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 22-05-2005, 00:38   #463
My Waking Hour

Yeah it was ok. I wasn't annoyed as much by some of the songs as in previous years. Hopefully it'll get better.
Old 22-05-2005, 00:59   #464
Bitchka

well, and here is my confession - it is the first time i actually enjoyed Eurovision, mind it the first time i saw the thing was when tatu performed, last year im not sure if i saw the whole thing .... but this year it was actually enjoyable

and here is what i think (mind it, i might be worng, as i know NOTHINg about Eurovision really), but my thoughts are:
seems like Eurovision has been shifting to nicer performances, ones that are more enjoyable to youonger people and my guess for this is - I have no idea when most countries joined Eurovision, but for exapmple, mine Bulgaria had its first year this year. I am guessing quite a few of the Eastern Euro countries are pretty new to it (10 years or less) - and if i judge by my country, where younger people are the ones voting (not saying older arent, but they definitely arent the majority), so you cant really say that Eurovision is a 'Housewives' contest for my country. And if i have to guess, it would be the same for the rest of Eastern Europe. That is why we see in the last years performances that are a bit 'more daring' and interesting, and 'ethno' for Eurovision from those countries, and the people vote for more interesting performances rather than the 'usua; ABBA-esque crap! But seems like Western Europe (for the main part) is somehow stuck on the ABBA-esque performances and maybe it is so because the ccontest has been there for decades and it generally has the reputation of the 'House wives' contest.
So all i can say is: Bravo and let the contest keep moving in the more 'daring' and 'interesting' direction
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 22-05-2005, 01:11   #465
Primetime Anchor

coolasfcuk, If to be serious, with the entrance of slavic countries, the Eurovision got better and has a chance to be a good and respectable contest. Swedes are still complaining about slavic countries having a pact or something but it's al only about the trends and the pressure. I was laughing my ass of when Swedes accused Norway of coming up with the 80's rock when they've been exploiting ABBA for years and made almost plagiats of it. Are they dumb or something not to realise this?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2005, 01:15   #466
My Waking Hour

Actually, the Greeks now acknowledge that the song was not very good and there were better songs around this year but "the important thing is that we won and the ones who win are the ones who wiggle their ass better. And she did it very well, we knew that already but tonight Europe realised it as well".

I think it's a fair comment.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:21   #467
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
coolasfcuk, If to be serious, with the entrance of slavic countries, the Eurovision got better and has a chance to be a good and respectable contest.
yeah, that's what i meant - little flavour, and break out of the ABBA-esque house wives theme

Quote:
Swedes are still complaining about slavic countries having a pact or something but it's al only about the trends and the pressure.
those would be complaining no matter what - we know very well how they really feel about the Slavs

but really, Bulgarians dont really like Greeks that much (not as bad as greek hate us, but still haha), nor do they have any pacts with Cyprus, but those got the top points - I think this was decided by the type of songs and performances - 'chalga' is the key for bulgarian winner!

Quote:
I was laughing my ass of when Swedes accused Norway of coming up with the 80's rock when they've been exploiting ABBA for years and made almost plagiats of it. Are they dumb or something not to realise this?
maybe one day (lets hope sooner) they will realize that it is time to finally drop ABBA and get on with life

spy, i TOLD you, Europe (at least the Europe I know) whats to shake their bootie to something (even if its not the best song at the contest), and NOT listen to a boring ballad sang to perfection or BAD Evanescence song ...so yeah, perfect line in the Greek papers - bootie shaker is a winner.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 22-05-2005, 01:29   #468
My Waking Hour

That's your opinion, of course cool, and not the fact. May I remind you that Malta was 2nd and Israel and Latvia in the top 6. During the 80s and 90s ballads were winning all the time
( Celine Dion, Johnny Logan etc. ) So this ethnic-drum machine BS is just the trend of the times, and I hope it dies out soon. I'm getting sick of it already.

Give me the bad "Evanescence" song instead. Do you want me to upload the whole album by Vanilla Ninja so you can check it out?

Last edited by spyretto; 22-05-2005 at 02:00.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:40   #469
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Give me the bad "Evanescence" song instead. Do you want me to upload the whole album by Vanilla Ninja so you can check it out?
Two Vanilla Ninja albums have been already uploaded in the Vanilla Ninja thread.

Ethnic things die out and we see it - I was very scared that Hungary wins but it never even made into top 10. I'm happy! The contest is on the right path!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2005, 01:46   #470
My Waking Hour

As I said already, if Hungary or Romania won I'd never watch Eurovision again. That'd be a new low.
'Macedonia's utterly crappy ethnic-infused nonsense deprived a decent song from entering the final. This is exactly what people were talking about on the esctoday forum. The ballads have to be better to beat the ethnic trend, cause they're boring at the moment, no doubt about that. I don't think I'll ever play "My number 1" for as long as I lived. Getting sick of it already. YUK
Old 22-05-2005, 01:46   #471
Bitchka

Quote:
That's your opinion, of course cool, and not the fact. May I remind you that Malta was 2nd and Israel and Latvia in the top 7.
oh of course .. and the ballad scores - thats due to the 'house wives' in the WEST (check out Malta's scores - only one 12 from confused Slavs, all the 8s and 10s they got are 90% from the Western countries ... the other ballads had almost no 12s or 10s, but the house wife votes kept them at the top with constant mediocre scores )

Quote:
nah, thanks, forre gave me a link earlier - it is not my type of thing When it comes to entertainment conests like this - gimme the shallow bootie-shaking ethnic song
you want me to give you a link to Helena's new album so you can check all the other cheesy euro techno-pops on it?

I predict the ethno things will be on for at least few more conessts to go.... and as long as it keeps up with the current times its all good, as long as its not stuck on.... ...ABBA!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 22-05-2005, 01:53   #472
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
you want me to give you a link to Helena's new album so you can check all the other cheesy euro techno-pops on it?

I predict the ethno things will be on for at least few more conessts to go.... and as long as it keeps up with the current times its all good, as long as its not stuck on.... ...ABBA!
Oh you got her new album "Priority?" Can suggest similar crapiness from Greece that you'll probably like, try Vandi or even better Sakis Rouvas ( of "Shake It" fame ). They all have new albums out.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:53   #473
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi
Killa, I'll get right on that
Thank you, Greg!
Old 22-05-2005, 01:56   #474
Bitchka

Quote:
Oh you got her new album "Priority?"
haha, NO, I was joking, I didnt get her new album ... I do have the "Opa Opa' and "Dinata" mp3s from summer 2000 though - I did NOT pay for them though - praise the Napster at the time

c'mon spy, dont be so negative, your country won, you should be Happy, even if its the crappiest song on earth .. Eurovision is all about patriotism, no? kinda shows in the voting usually ...

besides, "My #1" is aperfect summer Euro hit .. one that is all over 'popular top 40' .. .and the girl put on good performance on stage, so stop being so whiney but yeah, her CD is not one i would go and buy, so relax, and dont puke, please!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 22-05-2005, 02:19   #475
Primetime Anchor

No seriously, the show was good the winner deserved to win and the songs were cool enough for Eurovision. Athens next year? Yeah! Lots of new venues after Olympics and a spectucal show to look forward to.

The songs of top 10 are great!
Bosnia-H didn't make it! Sweden didn't make it! Hungary was just out! Yeah! Eurovision has a chance now! It's the generation change. SUPER!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2005, 02:41   #476
My Waking Hour

Some songs were pushed more than they deserved, due to the block voting. Romania and Serbia/Montenegro were the most obvious ones. And Greece was the weakest song to win since Estonia's in 2001 - which ironically had beaten Antique. Other than that it was ok.
Old 22-05-2005, 02:50   #477
Primetime Anchor

Spy, Eurovision has improved by a mile since last year! Of course, there always be some block/neighbour voting but generally, it's okay.

I'm a little bit proud that I have beaten up spy's bookmakers, Nath's, Killa's and Irish team in Kiev predictions! I'm not proud at all that I lost around 100 euro on betting but I don't care. That's the only time of the year I gamble, so no worries.

The contries to go through semi-final next year: (Athens, Thursday 18th May 2006)
- Albania
- Andorra
- Austria
- Belarus
- Belgium
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bulgaria
- Croatia
- Cyprus
- Estonia
- Finland
- FYR Macedonia
- Hungary
- Iceland
- Ireland
- Lithuania
- Monaco
- Portugal
- Poland
- Russia
- Slovenia
- Sweden (First time ever)
- The Netherlands
- Turkey
- Ukraine
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2005, 03:18   #478
...rosa pastel

This time Russia is not on the final
Old 22-05-2005, 03:26   #479
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Russia
This time Russia is not on the final
Since 6 out of 10 top songs in 2004 and 7 out of top 10 songs this year came from the semi-final, I think it's not that bad at all that Russia has to qualify.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-05-2005, 04:33   #480
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I'm not proud at all that I lost around 100 euro on betting but I don't care. That's the only time of the year I gamble, so no worries.
ouch ... but its ok forre, i didnt know you gambled .. if i could i would (little bit of gambler in here, not with problems though) - and i woulda won - not too much i presume, but still...

Quote:
The contries to go through semi-final next year: (Athens, Thursday 18th May 2006)
- Sweden (First time ever)

maybe this is going to be their wake up call and they will finally DROP the cheesy ABBA wanna-be songs ... I bet you they were wishing Helena was competing for them this year
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
ReplyPost New Thread