Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

The Day of Silence!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-03-2007, 02:56   #1
Can You See Them Now?

The Day of Silence!

Quote:

Now in its tenth year, the Day of Silence, a project of GLSEN® or the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network in collaboration with the United States Student Association (USSA), is a student-led day of action where those who support making anti-LGBT bullying and harassment unacceptable in schools participate in events to recognize and protest the discrimination and harassment—in effect, the silencing—experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students and their allies.

The Day of Silence® is an annual opportunity for students to tell their truths about anti-LGBT bullying, violence and harassment. A GLSEN® commissioned survey, From Teasing to Torment: School Climate in America conducted by Harris Interactive, found that sexual orientation and gender expression are among the top three reasons teens report that students are harassed at their schools. GLSEN’s 2003 National School Climate Survey found that 4 out of 5 LGBT students report verbal, sexual or physical harassment at school and more than 30% report missing at least a day of school in the past month out of fear for their personal safety.
The Day of Silence Website!

Myself and a friend have organized this at our school! My American friends and worldly neighbors! Unite on April 18th, 2007 to open the doors to everyone who has been descriminated against! Lets take an American dream and make it an International Action!

Are you with me!?
Old 29-03-2007, 03:06   #2
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
The Day of Silence Website!

Myself and a friend have organized this at our school! My American friends and worldly neighbors! Unite on April 18th, 2007 to open the doors to everyone who has been descriminated against! Lets take an American dream and make it an International Action!

Are you with me!?
lol We were just finishing up the final plans for the DOS at my school today. I give major props to the person(s) that came up with the DOS idea.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 29-03-2007, 03:10   #3
Can You See Them Now?

Extreme major props! It's such a good idea!
ReplyPost New Thread