Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The L Word (Part 1)

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 22-02-2005, 07:06   #81
She thinks I'm hot!

Send a message via ICQ to Honu Send a message via AIM to Honu Send a message via Yahoo to Honu
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
.. then she was dump because she just a hair dresser.
I thought she got dumped 'cause the wife thought Shane was sleeping with the daughter? Just asking since I missed the last episode of last season.
I'm not gay. I'm not a woman. What I am is a fan of this very well-written show. At least it's much better than most of the dreck that's on the air right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

Old 23-02-2005, 06:17   #82
we shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
I thought she got dumped 'cause the wife thought Shane was sleeping with the daughter?
Yes. And worst the daughter found out Shane is in love with her mother. At the end, Shane still in love and wanting this woman... Shane try to explain the real situation... but the woman said no to her because she doesn't want to leave her rich life just to be with Shane. Then the woman cried when she tell Shane this. Shane is really private person so she didn't show much emotion or say anything about this to her friends.

I am a fan of this show too .. not because they are same label with me, but I found that there are many characters and personalites. Everyday life is normally boring but with lots of emotions and little occurances going on. Every single characters in the show had managed to play/acting thier parts very successfully. I was just very impressed with the acting skills. And also I like the work of the two fashion consultants for the show. And I also notice that the episodes also was directed by different persons, I mean not all episodes directed by same director... but each character personality intact.

PS:
And ..to be honest .. everytime I look at Marina.. I think about Forre. *slaps own forehead*

~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 23-02-2005, 06:30   #83
She thinks I'm hot!

Send a message via ICQ to Honu Send a message via AIM to Honu Send a message via Yahoo to Honu
Quote:
Yes. And worst the daughter found out Shane is in love with her mother. At the end, Shane still in love and wanting this woman... Shane try to explain the real situation... but the woman said no to her because she doesn't want to leave her rich life just to be with Shane. Then the woman cried when she tell Shane this. Shane is really private person so she didn't show much emotion or say anything about this to her friends.
Thanks denial. Been meaning to rent the DVD to watch the last show.
Quote:
Everyday life is normally boring but with lots of emotions and little occurances going on. Every single characters in the show had managed to play/acting thier parts very successfully.
This show is more "real life" than shows like The Real World.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

Old 23-02-2005, 10:48   #84
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Just watched the first episode!! Me and fox from tatu.** are watching it religiously.

It was just... wow... now I want to watch the whole season right now!! Shane's so cute this year. And equally as bitchy as last year. I hate Tina's ripptyd-like resolve though.

Too bad they gave in to the presure and added an intro this year. That was something that it different from other shows... no "quick-to-get-on-your-nerves" intro.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 25-02-2005, 04:41   #85
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
Quote:
definitely .. especially with our new PM

I'm glad you got to watch them too. When I was small Jennifer Beals was so pretty .. she was that Flashdance movie .. I have her picture on the postcard.. I kept and carry to school everyday. Then when I saw Bette .. I thought she looks familiar .. then walllaa!! she still that dang hot!
ooh yeah! bette is definetely definitely hawty!!
look at her smile
how old is she anyway?

Quote:
*thinking about Shane* ...wooot ... *dead* .. but now my gf wants me to dress up like Shane .. we went shopping and she was one to choose .. and she said .. this one this one .. look like Shane! ... LoL LoL ..
LOL i like shane style. shes cool. and the way she i-dont-do-relationship thing is remind me of myself in 1999 LOL

gf? jeez D! u havent tell me a thing!! pm me, email me, call me, whatever, must know the whole stories!
please?
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"

Old 25-02-2005, 18:06   #86
we shout

Jennifer Beals
Born: 19-Dec-1963 - she is about 42 .. serious!!
Birthplace: Chicago, IL

Religion: Roman Catholic
Ethnicity: Multiracial
Sexual orientation: Straight

Level of fame: Somewhat
Executive summary: Flashdance

----
Source: http://www.nndb.com/people/937/000025862/

Flashdance (15-Apr-1983) - OMG!! I was 12!! LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by febrika
gf? jeez D! u havent tell me a thing!! pm me, email me, call me, whatever, must know the whole stories!
please?
opps! Feb ..sorry .. I can't tell .. its really a secret that I have gf since 31st Oct 2004.

I'll send you email with her picture and biodata. no worry. : )
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 26-02-2005, 05:01   #87
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
Quote:
Jennifer Beals
Sexual orientation: Straight
aaah .. i see LOL too bad LOL
and for 42 years old woman she IS so damn hawt!
i think shes hotter than before, dont u think?

Quote:
I'll send you email with her picture and biodata. no worry. : )
that would be great ms. D, thanx
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"

Old 02-03-2005, 00:16   #88
Chaser

The second ep

was really good! Alot better than the first. I thought that the first was more of a recap of the first season, like stuff we already seen y'know. The second ep was great! It had alot of substance. Can you all belive that marina was married to the guy! Woa, who would have guessed. And what about tina getting a lap dance, and what about the lawyer that was throughing velcro ping pong balls at that uterous!? What was that all about. Then, there is tonya! Why won't she die! I was sooooo uncomfortable when she and dana were talking to dana's parents. Tonya's a lier! That guy didn't say all the bull toot! I don't like her. On the positive side, the thing between alice and dana is getting hotter by the second! What is it with women and these bathroom encounters! For real. Anyway, I thought that the laste scene with tina hearing bette giggling in her head was really sad. They really need to be together. Ivan needs to get over himself. By the way, did anyone notice a new face in the beggining? The person kit was talking to in the car shop!? That's Daxx!!!! Well, daxx is her drag king name anyway, she used to be with the kov, kings of vancouver, before they split up. She still does show though. Also, she was the one doing drag to "I am the man" in the first season, right before ivan wen't on. Ahhhh, the good 'ol days. I'm gald to see that the producers are trying to incorporate so much local talent from van. I wish i lived there! Oh well.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:34   #89
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Crampaholic
Bette is hideous! *gags*
Jenny is the hottest one there :P Shanes pretty but too butchy lol and i love danna shes just hilarious!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never ask her to swallow my spunk until I go down on her first. It's just common courtesy
Die Bug Die!!!!!
Its urs osita..

Old 02-03-2005, 15:53   #90
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crampaholic
Bette is hideous! *gags*
Jenny is the hottest one there :P Shanes pretty but too butchy lol and i love danna shes just hilarious!
well i finally watched First season's first 3 episodes last night (mind it, i fell asleep at one point, not from boredom, but because i was super tired and it was lateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee). Anyways, I like the show, it is entertaining .... I dont know all of their names yet, so which one is Jenny? but cramps, I have to totally agree with you - Shane is REALLY pretty, but TOO butch she even sounds like a man! from the little ive seen so far i like the blonde one that has the chart who has slept with who and how to link them ... also Jeneffer Beals character, the artsy-fartsy one trying to get baby with her partner.... will watch more of the DvDs later
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 02-03-2005, 16:11   #91
a kind of fresh madness

'The L Word' is so overrated!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?

Old 02-03-2005, 16:18   #92
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
'The L Word' is so overrated!
Why?

Its just a little TV series to entertain gay chicas I do loooooooooooooove Sex and the City as well, mindless show that entertains me.

and may i add, it is totally bringing memories to me what it was like to live in CA - i wanna back!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 02-03-2005, 16:30   #93
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
Why?
Its just a little TV series to entertain gay chicas!
It doesn't entertain me!
Gay TV shows and movies piss me off.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 02-03-2005, 16:36   #94
Bitchka

Quote:
It doesn't entertain me!
Gay TV shows and movies piss me off.
Why?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 02-03-2005, 16:38   #95
a kind of fresh madness

Cos I don't like being gay. I get annoyed when I see TV shows and movies celebrating it like it's some big achievement.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 02-03-2005, 16:59   #96
Bitchka

Quote:
Cos I don't like being gay. I get annoyed when I see TV shows and movies celebrating it like it's some big achievement.
Maybe I am not getting the show right (seen too little), but I dont see how it is making being gay into some big achievement?
I dont see what the big fundamental difference between this L Word and lets say 'Sex and the City' or 'My so called Life' is ... of course, excluding the fact that all are targeted towards different crowds, the main concept of those shows seems pretty similar to me.
Are you saying you prefer that gays hide under a stone? They dont deserve a simple show about lesbian life in L.A. to entertain them once a week?
It's no big achievement, its life ... and a lifestyle, and i am glad someone made simple series to entertain people with such lifes... and others
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 02-03-2005, 17:09   #97
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
They dont deserve a simple show about lesbian life in L.A. to entertain them once a week?
It's no big achievement, its life ... and a lifestyle, and i am glad someone made simple series to entertain people with such lifes... and others
Well, my life isn't anything like that. Not even close!
I hope the other lesbians will forgive me for not wanting to hang around in a coffee shop discussing my sex life every day!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 02-03-2005, 17:15   #98
Bitchka

Quote:
Well, my life isn't anything like that. Not even close!
I hope the other lesbians will forgive me for not wanting to hang around in a coffee shop discussing my sex life every day!
Ok, now i am getting cofused - I still dont understand how this show displays being lesbian as a big achievement?
Fair enough that your life is not like that - mine isnt either though I do love to go to cafes and gossip as much as possible. That still doesnt stop me from enjoying the show
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 03-03-2005, 00:17   #99
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
You could always see movies that celebrate homosexuals being seen as psychotics or perverts and eventually being killed, beat up, or shunned from society.
Would that suit you better?
There are a some movies people mentioned in the Best/Worst Lesbian Movies Thread.

In any case, I personally don't think The L Word is celebrating being gay, they are just making it a non-issue. The show in general is not a coming out story of a group of women (with the exception of Dana), they came out a while ago and now they are just living out their lives with relative ease. (Though that is largely because they are living in a large and diverse city.)

I like the fact that the show isn't about women suffering the consequences of being gay. It has been done sooooo many times, yes it still happens but it is about time people see lesbians as strong women who refuse to be victims.

As for its realism, well it is tv. Sex and the City doesn't represent my heterosexuality, it isn't like I talk about giving head to men in public places.

Of course Mossop if you are arguing the The L Word is a badly written show, then I completely agree with you. It ain't no Sex and the City.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:47   #100
we shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
As for its realism, well it is tv. Sex and the City doesn't represent my heterosexuality,

Of course Mossop if you are arguing the The L Word is a badly written show, then I completely agree with you.
badly written show? why?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me