Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

George W. Bush named 'Man Of The Year' by Time magazine

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 21-12-2004, 08:50   #21
My Waking Hour

I meant it another way

I wouldn't be surprised if Bin Laden talks to Bush on the red (white? ) phone - everyday. Doesn't surprise you that Bin Laden has become a "ghost" figure nobody can find? oh , common now

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...st_pe/rumsfeld

oh dear It seems the US admin deliberately prolonging this war
Old 21-12-2004, 13:01   #22
Lazy

[quote=luxxi]You do realise that that this isn't for "most positive man of the year"? Seeing how Hitler got it (1938), Stalin (1942) and Homeini (1979)
QUOTE]

Yes i do...now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Everybodys born to do a certain thing,If you're dead jammy you find it.
If you're good at it keep doing it.If you're fed up go and do something else.
We're really only here to look after the place
Old 24-12-2004, 09:00   #23
My Waking Hour

That sucks...How come Saddam and Bin Laden didn't get it yet?
Old 24-12-2004, 10:07   #24
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
That sucks...How come Saddam and Bin Laden didn't get it yet?
OBL was close to getting it in 01 but people were threatening to cancel their subscrptions so magazine balked.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 24-12-2004, 10:26   #25
My Waking Hour

oic...well, maybe he'll get it the day "Captain Stupid" declares the US economy has gone to pot.
Old 24-12-2004, 13:22   #26
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I wonder if people threatened to quit subscribtions back in the day when Hiter and Stalin got it. Or maybe they weren't quite as stupid as they are today and they actually got the PURPOSE of this title back then still.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 24-12-2004, 13:55   #27
a kind of fresh madness

Basically, I think if anyone other than Bush had won this year there'd be a major uproar. "How dare they not honour our leader in these uncertain days?!" Blah blah blah...
Time are just covering their asses and taking the easy way out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 24-12-2004, 15:21   #28
My Waking Hour

Yeah but the truth of the matter is, if there were no elections in the U.S. this year, the Democrats too would have put up with it, kept it quiet and Bush would be heralded as a new American superhero, dealing with the real enemy of America as he should.
Not that would change much the situation he's stuck up with now. So you have to look not at what people do, but why they do what they do.
And of course we live in the era of utter stupidity and total manupulation of the masses, whereby they can persuade anybody that black is white and white is black as long as it's said by CNN and NBC. There used to be some smokescreen where they'd try to conceal, distort and turn things upside down so much that one could be confused and not see beyond all the bullshit. But now it has gone way passed the land of the ridiculous.

What can one say, nobody would go in the streets to stir a revolution. We better all board a ship of fools and sail for the land of neverland...

And basically, modern democracy is a load of bollocks; you go every 4-5 years and elect the lesser of the two evils and then he has the power to do whatever the hell he wants to do. If that is demo-cracy, the "rule of the people" then I'm Mahatma Ghandi. They better go back and see what democracy used to be in the times of Ancient Athens.
Old 24-12-2004, 17:28   #29
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishkash
SCORE!

woo! soldiers still in iraq during the holidays, eating crappy food and sleeping in a cold bed. we definately should praise and award the man responsible
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 25-12-2004, 01:24   #30
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
George W. Bush named 'Man Of The Year' by Time magazine
Anything strange with it? I bet he'll be running as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize next year too. Since Yasser could make it then why not Georgy?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 26-12-2004 at 11:53.
Old 25-12-2004, 17:29   #31
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
And basically, modern democracy is a load of bollocks; .... If that is demo-cracy, the "rule of the people" then I'm Mahatma Ghandi. They better go back and see what democracy used to be in the times of Ancient Athens.
It´s a subjective point of view.....it´s true that in the "Ancient Athens", citizens had the power to vote for another chief of war if they thought that the present wasn´t enough good but.. among other things, foreigners, Slaves and Women...couldn´t vote..
Moreover,Platon thought that a "democracy with a such quality or performance" could only take place in a city having at maximum 7000 habitants... with more habitants, the idea of democracy would be associated with less quality.

Last edited by nath; 25-12-2004 at 17:48.
Old 27-12-2004, 06:23   #32
My Waking Hour

Actually the world originates from the 5th c. BC Athens and means the rule of the demos. The demos was consisted of every male citizen over the age of thirty, and each one would serve for at least one term at the Council - which was the equivalent to our modern parliament.
It's true that women and slaves were not represented at that time, but later, under Solon's legislation, all slaves were declared free, and later, under Pericles,the newly-aquired slaves were represented in the Council which was now formed by the 500 "best" - according to merit, not wealth or family citizens. All that 2500 years ago...
I think that instead of what we have today - the tyranny of the majority, sometimes even the minority - and since the Athenian system is impossible to be implemented, I'd rather see the abolition of that flawed model of "democracy" altogether and the return of the monarchy. One person respected by everybody to be chosen to run the country. He would elect his government according to merit not interest and would have to get the approval of the people for important decisions - such as taking the country to war. After a term he would decide who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community ).
I think the Chinese used to do that for centuries.
Old 27-12-2004, 12:18   #33
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
I think that instead of what we have today.... I'd rather see the abolition of that flawed model of "democracy" altogether and the return of the monarchy. One person respected by everybody to be chosen to run the country. He would elect his government according to merit not interest and would have to get the approval of the people for important decisions - such as taking the country to war. After a term he would decide who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
..it´s may be because I read too much your posts that I become very pessimistic here...

Quote:
He would elect his government according to merit ...
.."according to merit" could have absolutely opposite definitions in relation with the context...it seems "according to merit" has had a lot of catastrophic "past history" in many dictatures....

Quote:
He .... would have to get the approval of the people for important decisions - such as taking the country to war... After a term he would decide who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
So the people would be able to decide by itself, without knowing with precision which are all the economical, diplomatical, ethical, military ....stakes, if it accepts or not a war...but the same people won´t be able to choose by itself its next chief ?...

Quote:
who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
..this expression rejoins , in my brain, the "previous danger" of .."according to merit"...

Quote:
One person respected by everybody to be chosen to run the country. ..
Does it/he/she exist ? ...I´m surprised by a such proposition from your part, spyretto,...It presupposes that all the chiefs would be the wiser of the wiser...a true fairy-tail...
ReplyPost New Thread