Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Modern age lesbians?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:52   #1
Harrumph.

Talking Modern age lesbians?

Remember that "Butch/Femme Thread" I wrote a couple of months ago?

If possible, nevermind it while reading this .

As the most population we have here is bisexuals and lesbians (and lesbians in male bodies :P), it's an interesting topic to discuss. (Kate, if possible, I'd like to hear your opinion on this too. ).

Most people in this forum know that I identify as a "boi", but, what is a boi? Why boi isn't the same as "butch"? I think this article pretty well describes that being a boi matches up with being a player (yeaaaaah, I wish ), with keeping the illusion of a boyish youth while being a lesbian.

I want to hear as many opinions as there can be heard: what do you think about these kind of gender roles? About matching up boi/boi, femme/femme, girl/girl and butch/butch, or just the very traditional butch/femme?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:59   #2
winter days ...

i think i said a while ago i dont really go for the whole butch/femme or label bit of being a lesbian. there are so many different types of butches it boggles the mind!

what i do identify with is the submissive/dominant dynamic. not in the strictest sense of the words though. i believe that if you put two domaneering people together that will result in chaos most of the time. and like wise with submissive people, maybe not to the extent with dominant personalities though.

i also dont believe that the person who is usually the submissive one is always going to be sub or that the dom one will always be dominant. its an ebb and flow and its interchangeable.

its a balance of sorts i guess. ive always found myself the dominant one most of the time, but i also find i love being submissive some of the time [this is rare tho hehe] but i think if youre secure enough with whoever youre involved with you can interchange roles so to speak very easily if trust is present.

ill ramble more on this later.
Old 27-01-2004, 00:45   #3
a kind of fresh madness

I just disagree with labels.
Full stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 27-01-2004, 03:33   #4
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
heterosexuals perpetuate stereotypes about homosexuals and i don't want to perpetuate anything while being queer. heterosexuals use labels to characterize queer girls and that's offensive because they have no right to use such labels..and at the same time queer people use labels on themselves, and that's ok. words like dyke, lesbo, queer is all used openly by gays but when heteros use them it's rather offensive.

in order to break stereotypes and having fewer labels being used homosexuals should not perpetuate the stereotypes.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 27-01-2004, 19:06   #5
a kind of fresh madness

I agree with Lux.
When my gay friends call me a "dyke" or a "muff-diver" (thank you Alan! ) I know they are not trying to be offensive but it still annoys me.
If we want to get rid of gay stereotypes then the first thing we have to do is stop using them ourselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 27-01-2004, 19:59   #6
viva la scientology!

On my way to school the other day, I was on the train, and in the seats behind me these two women were talking about how nasty they think gays and lesbians are. One woman was saying, "I know this dyke... and she says she's not a dyke but a lesbian... same damn thing." She went on to call her a "nasty whore". What a fucking bitch. I wanted to turn around and tell her what I think.

It's stupid when people use labels like that. You see, these 2 women were black, and I'm sure they would feel offended beyond belief if someone called them by a derogatory label. People like that are a waste of air.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 27-01-2004, 22:58   #7
Harrumph.

Bleh. :/ Okiday, point taken.
ReplyPost New Thread