Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

Human Sperm Could One Day Be Made From Bone Marrow

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-04-2007, 02:50   #21
Can You See Them Now?

Well, before anyone even THINKS of this anymore...

1. We don't know if it will even work.
2. We don't know when/IF it will be legal at all to do.
3. - This will all be years and years down the road, Homosexuality will probably not be as much of a big deal as it is today...it's not really that much of a big deal right now as it is.
Old 17-04-2007, 04:13   #22
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by the unforgiven View Post
and yeah, how 2 women will manage to have boys?
I know that it's possible to make manipulation on the X chromosome to insert the sequences which contain the SRY gene but it's experimental too
Even if it's possible to manipulate a X chromosome into a Y, the process would still require a male donor to obtain the necessary SRY gene, and thus the fetus would no longer really be the genetic child of the two female parents, which was the whole point of making artificial sperm cells from female cells in the first place.
I don't think many lesbian couples would want to have male children anyway, most will be more than happy to know that they can only produce female children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I've read an article about this experiment and about the possible change of society. It said that this new society would have risk not to have no more men, because they would be useless. It also said that women wouldn't have tried to be sexy or to wear well, and other things like that. It made me laugh...come on! Women not wear sexy or in a cool way only for men....what a stupid article!!!!
Well, in an all-female society, women have children with women and they only produce female children, the male gender does not exist at all anymore, so it can be said that all women are by definition "gay" (though that concept is no longer relevant in a single-gender society).
I agree that those women would not stop wanting to look attractive simply because men have disapeared, competition for sexual partners would still be present in an all-female environment.

And regarding the supposed problems for children of gay couples…

It is estimated that there are currently over 1 million children raised by same-sex parents (living together, in civil unions, or married) in Western Europe.
There is absolutely no indication that those children are more or less troubled than children of straight parents or single parents.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 17-04-2007, 04:22   #23
http://tatumedia.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
And regarding the supposed problems for children of gay couples…

It is estimated that there are currently over 1 million children raised by same-sex parents (living together, in civil unions, or married) in Western Europe.
There is absolutely no indication that those children are more or less troubled than children of straight parents or single parents.
I agree. I've met straight people raised by gay parents that ended up fine and a lot less troubled than the straight people in my life.

If this actually possible and realistic someday, power to the lesbians and feminists. Time to party and reproduce!
Old 17-04-2007, 11:00   #24
the best day

Send a message via MSN to Larie't
I'm not liking that two females could have babies togerher at all, and I'm a biology nerd. I just find it hard to believe that the child would be all healty and so on... something would be different..

and they could have a boy, but the other y kromosome would be caming from a male, but as y kromosone hardly contains any information I think it would still be only a child of two females....
~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a roller-coaster kind of rush and I never knew I could feel that much.
ReplyPost New Thread