Lena Katina Solo Project - part 2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-09-2012, 18:05   #821
Участник

T-killah ft. Lena Katina - SHOT (with download option enabled):

http://soundcloud.com/alexander-t-ki...na-katina-shot
Old 30-09-2012, 19:43   #822
Chun ruk ter!

Not bad! Lena's voice sounds good and the music/melody is nice. The only problem I have is that the music sounds kind of cheap.. but I look forward to seeing the video.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/0ato9bqyebvtzieegfwcpqekz
Cheesy thank you video from Lena and Tkillah. Lena announces there will be a russian version and of course the video to be released soon. Hopefully, "soon" is actually soon!

annnd 12 years later after the original demo... Here's a (unfortunately) brief clip of Lena performing "Yugoslavia" live from St. Petersburgs queerfest from a few days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhXGYTd8UPI
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 30-09-2012 at 20:10.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04   #823
Участник

So, the new song. I like it! I dig Lena's collaborations so far, even Melody became listenable when she "unplugged it". But I confess I was not expecting anything from this one, so I it was a nice surprice. I'm not into aaall the editing on her voice, but that's how the industry goes--and the song really is radio material. The guy's voice reminds me of t.A.T.u.'s 3rd album--he sounds bored! Lena's spot on, however, and I don't care about him either.

And QueerFest. It seems the performance was very well received by the media and the public, that's great! Lena's got fatter, which is sad. I really hope she's not pregnant. That's very childish and 'so not cool' of me to say, I know, but I want her career to move on... Damn, I want it to actually begin!

haha anyways, hopefully we'll get a HD version of the whole thing ASAP. That House13 guy must be the solution, I hear!

Last edited by regigigas1505; 01-10-2012 at 01:15.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05   #824
Chun ruk ter!

idk lena looked the same to me... i havent noticed any weight gain granted I haven't watched all clips/videos of recent. But it's known Lena fluctuates in weight a lot anyway so whatever changes happen to her flies over my head.

I hope she sticks to her word and that -her- album will be out this December (emphasis on -her-, not a "blahblah feat. lena")

I also hope more queerfest videos will be posted. I'm just finding very small clips. I've gotta hear the full performance of Yugoslavia! I wonder why she performed it? It always seems like singers always pretend like their demos don't exist and then suddenly Lena's singing this nearly 13 year old demo. It's a beautiful song though and it's nice to hear adult lena sing it instead of preteen Lena.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---

Old 01-10-2012, 17:48   #825
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
idk lena looked the same to me... i havent noticed any weight gain granted I haven't watched all clips/videos of recent. But it's known Lena fluctuates in weight a lot anyway so whatever changes happen to her flies over my head.

I hope she sticks to her word and that -her- album will be out this December (emphasis on -her-, not a "blahblah feat. lena")

I also hope more queerfest videos will be posted. I'm just finding very small clips. I've gotta hear the full performance of Yugoslavia! I wonder why she performed it? It always seems like singers always pretend like their demos don't exist and then suddenly Lena's singing this nearly 13 year old demo. It's a beautiful song though and it's nice to hear adult lena sing it instead of preteen Lena.
She said on the radio show yesterday its probably be released in January. BUT shes gonna release 2nd album soon after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergHR...&feature=share
Thats almost full performance of yugoslavia for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQYZ...1&feature=plcp
and bonus. Lena Liudi invalidy
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 01-10-2012, 23:09   #826
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
Performance in St Petersburg :
Yugoslavia was wonderfull. I didn't take time to listen to all the songs. But just Yugoslavia show you that Lena is now a well trained singer. Keep the good work Lena !
She looked great. Glitter dress and shoes. Lovely.

Shot :
I will pass as the evil black duck but i don't like. Basically i don't like Rap (exception for Stars) but i find this rap song SOOOOO boring.
Even the chorus in which Lena is singing, i couldn't listen to it more than 3 times. No authenticity... It's a shame to edit such a good voice when you listen to Yugoslavia live in St Petersburg.

Lena doesn't need that seriously.
Okay, she will get more fame by this collaboration. I admit it. But i don't see the "musical" interest.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:57   #827
Участник

Seriously about the fat factor?
I think she really is different. Still looks wonderful, though. Just to be clear.

About the song, is the guy popular in Russia? I don't have a clue.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS for the Yugoslavia video! Awww, breath-taking. Really emotional performance, a must see for every t.A.T.u. fan IMHO.
I hear she sang it in honor of Shapavalov... He's sick or something, right? Not sure if that was a lie...

EDIT: One more video-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=h9281ZlxNJU
Ya Soshla S Uma & Never Forget & Yugoslavia (full!) & Malchick Gay [really loved this one]

FILMING WAS FORBIDDEN BY GUARDS :/

Last edited by regigigas1505; 02-10-2012 at 02:16.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:23   #828
Chun ruk ter!

yah after watching more videos it does seem like her arms are more pudgy. I mean it's not a totally dramatic change but knowing her she'll probably go slimmer again in like a month. :T

The videos are wonderful! Thank you everyone. So much emotion in Yugoslavia. Honestly, I don't remember seeing that much passion and emotion in her face live ever. I guess I haven't seen many live tatu performances but really.

Malchik Gay was cute. I wonder if she just accidentally started doing parts of the dance out of memory, or if she purposely did it. It looked so on and off random.

I'm already pretty bored of her song with T-killah though yeah, I was never so fond of rap anyway. I think the song really needs a change in production/instrumentation.
I wonder what will be the deal of her releasing 2 albums briefly one after another. Is it an ep-like album? Some sort of special album? concept? English then Russian album? Or just, two totally different albums in general? At least the first one will be out before my birthday, woo!
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 03-10-2012, 12:36   #829
Участник

woooot yugoslavia and malchik gei!
Old 08-10-2012, 19:19   #830
Martian Eyes

It took me more than a decade to hear Lena really master a ballad, got goosebumps during Yugoslavia. But it showed me again - clearly - how boring 'Never Forget' is. Seems that she shows great improvement steps anytime she appears again (which is rather sporadic for an artist who wants to have success). Time for good composers to work on her repertoire so she can show her talents. Until then - stick to the tatu songs, they are way better than the rest! Even a heavily dusted (although yearningly wished) 'Mal'chik gej' beats the Katina-solo material by far.
Old 08-10-2012, 23:00   #831
Chun ruk ter!

I was really proud of her during Yugoslavia! Never Forget is okay for me but the only solo song I really enjoyed is The Beast.
Realistically, I highly doubt any time soon, she will break it into the US music industry again. She's pretty, her songs are "nice", but nothing imo stands out enough it could break through. But I think with the right aim, she can make a mark in Russian pop again and perhaps even Latin America since that seems to be where her stronger fanbases are.
She already has some growing seeds in her home country especially, so I think she should strengthen that up before trying to go all over the world. She had such a great crowd at PrideFest.

I honestly think her only luck so far in getting anywhere in the united states is if her songs are used in a TV show or commercial - granted if anyone even wanted to use her. That will gradually bring people interest and try to see what the song is and who sang it. People here vaguely remember "the girls named tattoo who kissed in the rain" but hardly have an idea who Lena Katina is.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 10-10-2012, 20:49   #832
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Even a heavily dusted (although yearningly wished) 'Mal'chik gej' beats the Katina-solo material by far.
As long as i like Malchik Gay, i can't think that way.
Old 24-10-2012, 19:19   #833
M

Sergio Galoyan feat Lena Katina - Paradise
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 25-10-2012, 00:57   #834
Участник

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY DID THEY RUIN HER VOICE???????????????????????????????
WHY the need of so many effects on her naturally beautiful voice?

Anyways, she doesn't sound really confortable with such a song, but I l-ov-e the instrumental. Her singing isn't at its best, also... Even with the overload of editing, it shows. It'll be amazing if performed live and with emotions lol but this=nothx.
Old 25-10-2012, 18:01   #835
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
Crime!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12   #836
Участник

Sergio Galoyan Ft. Lena Katina - Paradise (Rockerboy Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQf6O2lEDf0

The first official remix for the song, I'm still not convinced with how Lena sound on it but this remix sounds better, just cuz it's not as monotone as the original version (which sounds demo-ish to me). I like it!
Old 04-11-2012, 21:51   #837
M

Behind the scene of new Lena underwater photoshoot

Omg such a beautiful... eyes. Yep eyes.

-----------

Other than that Lena performed @ Halloween festival in Hollywood.
Track list:
Never forget
Running Blind
All the things she said
Paradise
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-11-2012, 17:36   #838
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
Omg such a beautiful... eyes. Yep eyes.
Oh yes, beautiful polysiloxane-free ... eyes.
Old 28-11-2012, 00:37   #839
Участник

http://youtu.be/mQzpctsowmc

she says she and yul are not friends anymore as they dont speak to eachother
Old 28-11-2012, 08:28   #840
Chun ruk ter!

Can't tell if it's just the French voice-over overshadowering her voice... but I swear Lena's accent get's more and more American sounding. Maybe I just never noticed it before, but there's like this way she starts or ends her sentences has a more fluent inflection. The interview was really interesting, overall, and it had nice clips and new footage.
There's brief behind the scenes footage of her album photoshoot and her in the recording booth. Plus, she's gorgeous in the interview. She seems so grown up!
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 28-11-2012 at 08:42.
ReplyPost New Thread