Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Hey, Evanescence fans

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 20-02-2004, 03:47   #1

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Hey, Evanescence fans

I just stumbled across this stupid site:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/antiamylee/

How can ANYONE have a problem with her? Her voice is one of the best out there today & she doesn't use sex appeal to sell herself or her music. What's the problem?

Quote:
I cant stand Amy Lee. Or maybe just her fans. No, both. Its annoying how she complains about all the pop stars dressing sexy and not being good role models. What the hell is she doing except making girls shop at hot topic. She dosn't do anything but complain. And complain about trivial stuff and stuff that never happened to her. I dont believe she went though all that fake bullshit in her young age. And I hate all this fake angst music. Just make it stop ot make them sing about the real trauma and heartache in life.
People who hate someone or something so much as to make a f****n website to display it, really has too much time on their hands.

Oh, this too: http://barbiehead.org/amy/index.html

Who do these people think they are???

EDIT: Here's my message I posted to that site up top:
Quote:
All you talk about is "fanGIRLS" this and "fanGIRLS" that!! Did you conveniently forget that there are plenty of male fans? Even normal-everyday non-gothic male fans?! LIKE MYSELF. Amy Lee has a fantastic voice, plain and simple. One of the best going today. Plus, while she's far from the hottest woman in music, I would kill to have a girlfriend like her. Not just that she's mildly attractive, but she has a great personality (and not to mention the fact that "goth chicks" are for some reason really attractive to me). You/the creator of this site has way too much time on (I assume) his hands to make a site to display his puzzling hatred for such a likeable person. I've had the Fallen album for going on 7 months, and I haven't gotten tired of it. Bring Me To Life is in my top 20 favorite songs. I can't believe anyone would hate her so much. It's really beyond contemplation.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 20-02-2004 at 04:02.
Old 20-02-2004, 08:44   #2
winter days ...

i only have one thing to say ....

"jealousy makes people nasttyyyyyy"

ok so maybe i have more to add people like this are puerile, ignorant and immature. some people hate to see others succeed in life and thats usually a huge [but pointless] basis for jealousy.
Old 20-02-2004, 09:10   #3
pie crust

Quote:
hot topic
Bashing Hot Topic! *Stab stab stab* :P

Hehe, I'm not really an Evanescence fan, but I remember the Anti Tatu Community and I have nothing against it. Just like with this community, I see it from a humoristic point of view and giggle a little. :P No harm done... I don't think these people are jealous, really. I dislike Britney Spears and I'm not jealous of her. It's just that it's really easy to put people down by telling them they're jealous. But now it's been used so many times that it's not taken seriously anymore. And really, we can't know if they're jealous or not, they might just dislike Amy Lee. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 20-02-2004, 12:21   #4
winter days ...

too true my queenski i bow before your greatness hehe

but i have seen it in the past, where people speak ill of others who enjoy a success of sorts and become bitter because they are unsuccessful in their own pursuits. for sure not liking someone isnt always due to jealousy but due to just not liking them for some reason, but to create a forum to spew forth your dislike is going a bit overboard methinks. that was teh point of thought i was coming from
Old 20-02-2004, 18:07   #5
viva la scientology!

Well I have to say, I'm not a big Amy Lee fan.

I've heard her criticize girls that dress like whores and how she won't be a sex symbol, but if a girl wants to be a whore then she can go right ahead! Just because Amy wouldn't do it, doesn't make it wrong or something worth criticizing.
I've also heard her sing live, and -sorry- but it was horrible! I figured she might be having an off day, and then I heard her on TV again... live... and terrible again. She sound great on the CD though... sorry.

But going through the trouble to make an Anti-Amy community makes you seem a little weird...
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 20-02-2004, 20:08   #6
a kind of fresh madness

I am a very big Evanescence fan. I'll admit that Amy can be a bit ropey when it comes to performing live but she is by no means terrible. I also think she seems like a very sweet, sensible and open-minded young woman. Some of the comments she makes can at times make her seem like she's kinda up her own arse though. Constantly referring to the "trauma" of her childhood and how she'll never be over it, but then refusing to elaborate when asked exactly what this trauma is, makes her seem attention-seeking. Does anyone actually know what happened to her or is she still keeping schtum with the details?
Anyway, I like Amy and I think that, instead of getting mad at the people who don't, we should just pity them because they obviously have very sad little lives if all they can do with their time is make hateful websites.
Amy rules all. And she is a total fox. End of story.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 22-02-2004, 20:17   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
Amy rules all. And she is a total fox. End of story.
Okay!!! Nicely put.

Quote:
Does anyone actually know what happened to her?
All I know for sure is that her sister died at a young age. That's what "Hello" is about.

Am I the only one here who would think she was a lesbian if I didn't know better? Seems to me that goth chicks just tend to lean that way - at least the ones I know at my school.
Old 22-02-2004, 22:28   #8
a kind of fresh madness

Oh, that's awful. I didn't know she had a sister who died. I'll think twice in future before I call her 'attention-seeking'.

I agree with you about thinking Amy was gay if I didn't know better. Goth chicks do seem to "lean that way" - you're correct. Amy has said a lot of things in interviews which make her seem very supportive of gay rights issues. If I didn't know for a fact that she had a boyfriend I would put money on her being a lesbian.
It's a shame really. I'd love to have a hot chick like Amy batting for my team!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 22-02-2004, 23:04   #9
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Goth chicks do seem to "lean that way" - you're correct
That's so true
I know a goth girl and some friends of hers and they're all so ambiguous...

But, it might be just the attitude

Oh, and by the way, I love Evanescence too
Old 23-02-2004, 00:06   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
Amy has said a lot of things in interviews which make her seem very supportive of gay rights issues.
"That's where I spent of lot of my high-school years --in the closet. It wasn't too cramped, but you do get really hot."

Plus, I've read how sometimes during their concerts, some girls throw their bras onstage with a message "For Amy". She's got guys and girls that want her.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 24-02-2004 at 02:04.
Old 24-02-2004, 21:53   #11
Gimme some sugar!

geeze... even my mother loves her... how can someone NOT like her?!
Old 04-03-2004, 20:58   #12

If anyone is interested, I got a link to this in an email from one of the yahoo groups I'm in.

Amy Lee - Lesbians and Bi Girls

And a very nice article:

Amy Lee & Evanescence: Charisma to Burn

Evanescence frontwoman Amy Lee exuded star power at the band's Saturday gig at DAR Constitution Hall. (Stephanie K. Kuykendal For The Washington Post)

By Sean Daly
Special to The Washington Post
Monday, March 1, 2004; Page C05

Looking tough in tulle and a tiara, Evanescence frontwoman Amy Lee was equal parts Marilyn Manson and Madonna at DAR Constitution Hall on Saturday night, leading a thunderous goth-rock assault in a punk prom queen get-up and flashing some serious star-in-the-making magnetism.

With her wild, raven-black hair and big, creepy peepers, the
22-year-old Lee -- flashing some serious bellybutton as well -- was a can't-look-away force during the 70-minute show, mixing furious head-banging with flirty waves to the gone-bonkers kids in the crowd. When the singer, sitting behind a keyboard draped in a black shroud, tamed her siren's wail
into a sad, haunted coo for "My Immortal" -- a slow, pained ballad that's either about a loser boyfriend or, um, Jesus -- one fan in the front row even wiped away tears.

Such is the seductive power of the unique Lee, who became the guiding force of the Little Rock outfit after co-founder and former flame Ben Moody, for reasons unclear, bolted the band late last year. As the group's popularity has grown, Lee -- the rare woman in the testosterone-fueled world of pop-metal -- has played down Evanescence's Christian-rock foundation,
although it's hard to ignore lyrics such as "My God / My tourniquet / Return to me salvation."

Whatever the case, there's obviously a newfound passion for epic, faith-based rock: The group has moved more than 6 million copies of its 2003 debut album, "Fallen," and its cool-spooky videos are in heavy MTV rotation.

Perhaps the biggest boost to Lee's escalating buzz, however, occurred at this year's Grammy Awards, when Evanescence took home the hardware for best new artist and best hard rock performance. As Lee was about to make her acceptance speech, fellow nominee 50 Cent swaggered past the lectern
in a lame bit of macho one-upmanship. But Lee, so dark and chilly on her album -- "screaming deceiving and bleeding for you" -- gave a sweet, slightly embarrassed smile to the rapper and mock-pleaded, "Oh, what did I do?" She
came off as warm, funny and approachable -- and misunderstood teenagers everywhere swooned in unison.

Lee was all those things and then some Saturday night. She screamed out the show-opening "Haunted" ("Saving me! Raping me! Watching me!") -- stalking the stage with a surly intensity -- and then had the manners to curtsy at number's end. Evanescence songs have a tendency to sound alike -- same percussive power chords from guitarist Terry Balsamo, same stuttery trip-hop effects, same slow-fast-slow speed changes. But Lee sold her deep thoughts -- plus a cover of Smashing Pumpkins' "Zero" -- with unbridled punk panache, unloading plenty of Billy Idol-esque fist pumps, surly
stomps of her black running shoes, and frenzied whips of her wild locks.

The young crowd ate up every hook and all that heaviness, singing along to each so-serious word and reaching brain-searing cheering levels -- we're talking Beatles screams here -- for the band's best tunes, "Going Under," "Everybody's Fool" and "Bring Me to Life," the last a pounding blend of rap
and rock and just about the all-time catchiest tune about suicide and divine intervention ("Wake me up inside / Call my name and save me from the dark").

"We're going to be really dramatic here," Lee told the crowd at one point. "So just pretend." But her die-hard fans didn't need to pretend, of course: Lee sold her drama -- religious and otherwise -- and her believers bought it all night long.
ReplyPost New Thread