Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova Solo Project pt.2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 21:27   #101
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
It's not the arguments, it's the aggressive way and direct insults, which I don't like. You had definitely better days on this board!

So far the whole project was really disappointing for me too. Children and private duties can not always be brought up as reasons/excuses for a not convincing career start (which already takes several years). On the creative side I don't see anything special, even a tendency towards cheap and simple mimicry of already uninteresting 'work' from the past of pop music, with no intention to give it a deeper sense or even give it some personal note, which currently is completely missing. Yulya seems to be a hopeless case. I'm not even sure if she understands what an artist has to do to attract an audience.
This.

Offtop:
And my use of the word "lunacy" (which is the only "insult" I can spot) is meant to be applied to the entire project, not specifically Greg. I do apologize if it appears that way. My issue is with the project, not any specific person. And Greg, not reading something and being called lazy for that specifically has nothing to do with this discussion. If you're going to have a discussion and conclude with "well I'm not going to read all of that" - then yes, that is laziness. It has nothing to do with your being disabled or anything else irrelevant you're bringing into this out of context.

But, telling me to fuck off and calling me a 20 something under impressed whatever else you've decided to say because I've insulted is once again - such a great display of your professionalism! Not. And in case you failed to notice, very few others are impressed as well. It's not a personal problem. I've heard you're disabled multiple times throughout the years and it has nothing to do with you or your ability to communicate, nor does it have anything to do with this discussion - as you brought the matter up. Nowhere did I imply you're lazy because you're disabled. It doesn't seem to stop you from jumping state to state to go to t.A.T.u. fan parties/photoshoots, so drop that irrelevant topic - especially since you brought it up once again without any relevance.

Last edited by Talyubittu; 11-11-2011 at 21:39.
Old 11-11-2011, 21:38   #102
всё о нас

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
on the fact that she's a birthing machine
Offtop:
Sorry! But that is a disgraceful thing to say about any mother of two children no matter what one thinks of there work ethic!

Personally I am ashamed to admit that I like Euro dance - so I did actually quite like this. I was not sure of the intro - but it seemed to fit as the song went on. And it had the authentic Volkova sound despite the level of processing.

I can see it doing quite well on the continent where euro dance can still get decent chart positions. It will probably struggle a little in the US and USA where euro dance has fallen out of favour - unless the English version is substantially reworked.

Quote:
Is NFNE The Insider of Yulia Volkova's project now?
Sergey isn't an insider, but he and Sveta have met Julia and her parents enough times that Julia will sometimes speak to him - and he has got hold of some fan exclusives over the year. But in this case they seem genuinely confused over what was said/meant. My grasp of Russian is rudimentary to say the least so it all leaves me none the wiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
She technically owns the Tatu catalog (Lena doesn't) ...
Even if the deal has at last been concluded Boris (and last time Julia mentioned the subject it was still a WIP) was to retain 1/3 share. Which effectively means Lena does too. She was asked to sing ATTSS on Mexican TV just this week.
~~~~~~~~~~~
2011 Highlights

Julia Volkova - Boom!
Lena Katina - It's the quiet ones that surprise!

--------------------
Once upon a Time....

Tatu - is for life
Old 11-11-2011, 21:41   #103
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Offtop:
Sorry! But that is a disgraceful thing to say about any mother of two children no matter what one thinks of there work ethic!
What a can of worms this is. You mean the same woman who aborted her first child to keep her fame and fortune? Opinion vs. opinion. Sorry we disagree.

But it's even more of a disgrace to use your children as an excuse for your lack of work ethic is my point.
Old 11-11-2011, 21:53   #104
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
My ethic tells me that you shouldn't give birth if you can't be sure to take care of your children yourself.
But seriously people, is it really necessary to speak about ethic in such a forum ?
Old 11-11-2011, 22:05   #105
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaudfrenchy View Post
My ethic tells me that you shouldn't give birth if you can't be sure to take care of your children yourself.
But seriously people, is it really necessary to speak about ethic in such a forum ?

When production is being hindered evidently because of her duties as a mom, then yes. It's not like I'm insulting the woman for having children. But she shouldn't be dragging her career out if her heart is focused on being a mother. If she wants to be both, then fine. But she needs to go about it in a better way. Because as Argos said, family obligations are not an excuse for the lack of progress.

If I had my way, she'd be mother of the year and a successful artist. But she needs to prioritize and get to work if she wants to do both, because it doesn't just happen with a wave of a wand.
Old 11-11-2011, 22:35   #106
Участник

I like the song. Sounded a bit funny for a start, but it gets better with a few listens. Woman All the Way Down is still my fave so far though.
Old 11-11-2011, 22:49   #107
Участник

I think a lot of people (including myself) are upset because after the success t.A.T.u. had, we wish that it would be the same with Lena's/Yulia's solor careers and the fact that it clearly won't be is pissing us off.

I mean, if Yulia has a small team, a small budget and is busy being a mom, there is no way she will be as great as she could be, which is disappointing.

Both of their projects cannot be taken too seriously, it's just something we have after the boom of t.A.T.u., but it will never be the same.

I would love for one of them to release an amazing single, an amazing CD and be known all over the world again, but it won't happen and we are angry about it cus we don't want to accept it.
Old 11-11-2011, 23:03   #108
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podnebesnya View Post
I think a lot of people (including myself) are upset because after the success t.A.T.u. had, we wish that it would be the same with Lena's/Yulia's solor careers and the fact that it clearly won't be is pissing us off.

I mean, if Yulia has a small team, a small budget and is busy being a mom, there is no way she will be as great as she could be, which is disappointing.

Both of their projects cannot be taken too seriously, it's just something we have after the boom of t.A.T.u., but it will never be the same.

I would love for one of them to release an amazing single, an amazing CD and be known all over the world again, but it won't happen and we are angry about it cus we don't want to accept it.
I don't see what is wrong with expecting greatness from someone(s) we know is capable of being great, but failing to do so. It's more depressing than it is anything else. I guess it gets the best of all of us sometimes.
Old 11-11-2011, 23:24   #109
Участник

Quote:
I don't see what is wrong with expecting greatness from someone(s) we know is capable of being great, but failing to do so. It's more depressing than it is anything else. I guess it gets the best of all of us sometimes.
I know, especially with a unique voice like hers, we want Yulia to shine, but all we get is a dim little light
Old 11-11-2011, 23:34   #110
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podnebesnya View Post
I know, especially with a unique voice like hers, we want Yulia to shine, but all we get is a dim little light
Tell me about it. Like I said. I wouldn't still be here if I weren't interested. It's just upsetting. If her main goal is to please the fans, why doesn't she listen to them?
Old 11-11-2011, 23:37   #111
Участник

Quote:
Tell me about it. Like I said. I wouldn't still be here if I weren't interested. It's just upsetting. If her main goal is to please the fans, why doesn't she listen to them?
I'm sure she wants to please everyone, but she probably doesn't have full control over everything in her project.

I am still interested too, but don't know if I'd call myself a fan, at least not yet, I'll wait till the fuill CD & project is in full swing.
Old 12-11-2011, 00:02   #112
Участник

Quote:
If her main goal is to please the fans, why doesn't she listen to them?
I always find this idea funny. Which fan should she listen to, Talyubittu? You?
Old 12-11-2011, 00:03   #113
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
I always find this idea funny. Which fan should she listen to, Talyubittu? You?
No, she should listen to the majority.
Old 12-11-2011, 00:34   #114
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Well, actually I read it and I have to admit - it wasn't worth even a second. Attacking someone who tries to explain a little bit about the situation around Volkova is both annoying and counterproductive.
A big LOL from me
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 12-11-2011, 00:37   #115
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
A big LOL from me
Offtop:
Heheh.
Old 12-11-2011, 00:40   #116
Hatırla Sevgili

A Swedish pop song is what I expected, so it's not a surprise that the sound is not hard. But I liked the song more after each listen. I still hope that I will get used to that 50 Cent sound I really want to know who wrote the Russian lyrics, because I think whoever did it has done a good job. Really sounded like original Russian song.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 12-11-2011, 00:44   #117
Hatırla Sevgili

.the download link from House13

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oicbyf
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 12-11-2011, 01:24   #118
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
I really want to know who wrote the Russian lyrics, because I think whoever did it has done a good job. Really sounded like original Russian song.
I had the opposite reaction. It sounds like something someone converted from English to Russian on Google translate.

It's all I + verb + I + verb + I + verb. And the verses aren't anything but random nouns.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:51   #119
Hatırla Sevgili

It may come to me like that because I don't know Russian but I wouldn't say that if I didn't know the truth.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 12-11-2011, 02:05   #120
Chun ruk ter!

I think the chorus is catchy

Something about her voice seems different. I dunno. Her voice sounds nicer in this song compared to her others in my opinion though. Like, she almost sounds like the way she did when she was younger, but at the same time there's something new. I don't know if she just got good vocal directing or if the studio edited her voice a certain way or what...

Personally I like it when she sings with more edge. Like her singing in Fly on the wall, or most of tatu. But now I feel like since she's doing mostly pop music for her solo (or er, "sex rock" if she's still calling it that) she's trying to sing in this "sexy" girly voice or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
ReplyPost New Thread