Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 2)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 23:28   #121
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
House Passes Gay Hate Bill, White House Threatens Veto.

So the House rules in a 230-180 vote in favor of the Bill of Rights, Constitution and Americans... and Bush is a fucking idiot. If he vetos this bill the Republicans will be fucked in 2008.

My sources in the Senate have informed me that they expect the bill will pass as well, but aren't sure when the Senate will take up the debate. Unfortunately they do not believe it will pass with a 2/3 majority which is needed in both the House and Senate to override a Presidential Veto.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-05-2007, 00:48   #122
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
House Passes Gay Hate Bill, White House Threatens Veto.

So the House rules in a 230-180 vote in favor of the Bill of Rights, Constitution and Americans... and Bush is a fucking idiot. If he vetos this bill the Republicans will be fucked in 2008.

My sources in the Senate have informed me that they expect the bill will pass as well, but aren't sure when the Senate will take up the debate. Unfortunately they do not believe it will pass with a 2/3 majority which is needed in both the House and Senate to override a Presidential Veto.
arent the reps already fucked? lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04   #123
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_Lee_Rocks View Post
arent the reps already fucked? lol
it appears so... but I wouldn't underestimate the power of the Dark Side. The Republican debate tonight will shead more light on their plans for 2008. They have a strong candidate in Rudy Giuliani and Senator McCain maybe a threat. Of course we'll have to wait until the primaries next year to have a clearer idea. Also, I think Giuliani is to moderate for the conservatives in the Bible Belt to win the primary, but you never know.

The Democrats need to step up and define the party platform early on in the debates. They have very strong candidates in Hilary Clinton and Barak Obama... It will most likely come down to those two in the Primaries. However, like in 2004 election, if a strong Moral vote comes up again like Gay Marriage... the Democrats are weak.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24   #124
Freakin' Nutmeggers!

Send a message via AIM to Ace of Order
Hopefully the angst over gay marriage and abortion has wore off after several election cycles. The Democrats DID manage to win in November 2006, even with several gay marriage bans on the state ballots.

Honestly, I think Iraq is a little more pressing at the moment than allowing same-sex couples to marry. Eventually, the American public will wake up.

(Read: "Eventually" is hopefully November 2008)
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36   #125
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Order View Post
Hopefully the angst over gay marriage and abortion has wore off after several election cycles. The Democrats DID manage to win in November 2006, even with several gay marriage bans on the state ballots.

Honestly, I think Iraq is a little more pressing at the moment than allowing same-sex couples to marry. Eventually, the American public will wake up.

(Read: "Eventually" is hopefully November 2008)
We can hope dear... however you of all people should know how absolutely ridiculous the Republican party can be. They will bitch and moan about even the tiniest most insignificant thing if they think for a second it will get them one more vote...

Need I remind you of the 4 hour long debate in the RI General Assembly over the definition of Tethered and Leashed by the Republicans???
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-05-2007, 04:36   #126
Can You See Them Now?

Hmm. I think my official respect for my countries government just went from 4% to 2.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38   #127
Gaga ftw!

The hate crimes act passed by the house also includes Gender Identity/Expression

See the House of Representatives doesn't fail... just the Executive branch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 01:41   #128
Freakin' Nutmeggers!

Send a message via AIM to Ace of Order
Oh dear...

The President's approval rating is at the lowest of any president in a generation, and the Republicans are considering splintering on the issue of Iraq.

How awful.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:44   #129
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Gender Identity/Expression
lmao.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:40   #130
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
lmao.
why is that funny?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 09:43   #131
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
why is that funny?
It's not to you.

I however, find it hilarious.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48   #132
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
It's not to you.

I however, find it hilarious.
Really? Then I suppose you don't have a problem with people who think it's hilarious when people talk about adding sexual orientation to hate crimes legislation... or National Origin which is also a completely cultural and societal construct which you claim gender indentity is.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52   #133
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Really? Then I suppose you don't have a problem with people who think it's hilarious when people talk about adding sexual orientation to hate crimes legislation... or National Origin which is also a completely cultural and societal construct which you claim gender indentity is.
I said Gender Expression. - Nothing about National Origin or Sexual Orientation.

- Besides, I don't really think that being black, Mexican, w/e is something that you "socially construct".

I'd also like to say, that I was not laughing at the fact that they are protected by laws, I think thats good. I Just think the term is completely hilarious.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:58   #134
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
- Besides, I don't really think that being black, Mexican, w/e is something that you "socially construct".
Black is a race my dear, not a national origin.

As for Mexican, it is completely a societal construct, along with every other national origin... why? Because the idea of countries is also a societal construct. They change over time, people fight wars, sign treaties, ect and the land of the "Country" changes. People are pretty much the same, whether they be French, American (especially for the US, since we are basically a melting pot for everything else), English, Chinese, Mexican, whatever... When you break it down to the cellular level the only real difference between human beings are the three different types of Mitochondria.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00   #135
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Black is a race my dear, not a national origin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people
Old 06-05-2007, 10:02   #136
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
thank you for proving my point.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 10:12   #137
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
thank you for proving my point.
Quote:
Black is a racial, political, sociological or cultural classification of people. No people are literally colored black, but many people who have dark skin color are considered to be. A variety of socio political and biological factors are used to define categories of black people.
.....?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30   #138
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Black is a racial, political, sociological or cultural classification of people
Black is a race... saying that it is a national origin is like trying to say that Caucasian is a national origin, meaning caucasian people are from the county caucasia, or that Asian are from a country of asia... Asia is a continent, not a country. Africa is a continent, not a country.

All races have their own political, sociological and cultural classification, that is part of what makes them a race.

National Origin deals specifically with the country you were born in. A person born in England, is English. A person born in Japan is Japanese. People born in the United States are American... are you getting my point? Race and National Origin are not always the same thing. I have friends from South Africa that are white... see not the same... or would you like me to explain it in a different way?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-05-2007, 18:36   #139
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
This land is your land, this land is my land.
From California, to New York Islands.
From the red wood forrest, to the gulf spring
waaaaaaters. This land was made for you and me!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 09-05-2007, 09:21   #140
My Waking Hour

The Democrats are stuffed with Hilary and Obama...right now I'm willing to put at least 1000 bucks on the Republicans to win next election...the price is right, more than double the money for a sure bet.
Not only will the Americans not going to vote a woman or an African American in office - like the French didn't - the Democrats are very well capable of messing things up even further with their stupidity.

Therefore, put all your savings, possessions, house and kids on the Republicans win...a new start without Bush, change etc.

The Democrats won't be seeing the White House for quite a while I reckon. They only have themselves to blame...
ReplyPost New Thread