Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 2)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-04-2007, 17:37   #101
The Dream is Over, :~(

It's understandable to be worked up over it though. All weapons can kill, no doubt, but the guy killed over thirty people in a really short period of time, you can't do that with a knife, or a bow and arrow, not even Legolas can do that. And homemade, easily transportable bombs can only take out about a third of that number and that all depends on how close people are to it. I think that guy in Germany used a bomb and only injured several people, unless I heard incorrectly, there were no fatalities aside from himself.

The VTech killer couldn't have killed that many people with anything else...
Man, he killed a lot of people.
Old 18-04-2007, 22:24   #102
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Here where i live, its pretty easy to buy a gun..

But anyways..its pretty sad that so many people
had to die
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 19-04-2007, 03:02   #103
iMod

The guy mailed a media package to NBC News between the two shootings, pics and videos here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 19-04-2007, 03:12   #104

ewww, thats just disturbing
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-04-2007, 11:33   #105
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I just hope there won't be any hate crimes targeting Koreans and Asian people in general during the next few months.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 19-04-2007, 16:42   #106
My Waking Hour

Let me jump into the bandwagon of gun- restriction related chat show: There will be no gun restriction cause it's against American "freedom". End of discussion.

( while we're in the issue of America - meaning the U.S. of course - I would advice people to avoid buying foods made in the USA cause they put a lot of junk in the form of preservatives, colours and even added protein. I don't want my tofu with added protein, thank you very much. I pay to buy the pure product. Why they do that is beyond me... )

Offtop:
I'm also waiting for the ignoring - be careful of the distinction here, not ignorant, just ignoring, arrogant - frenchies to tell me who won the French election. Wanna hear it from the frenchies themselves so I'm not going to check the news
Old 21-04-2007, 00:37   #107
The Dream is Over, :~(

The VTech shootings, NASA gunmen, and today is the anniversary of the Columbine shootings. It has not been a good week for gun advocates in the States. Last week wasn't so good for race relations either.

Spyretto, the preservatives are so that the food could last longer and therefor wouldn't need restocking. The junk that is put into food in American foodstuff is the primary reason why there is an obesity epedemic there. Most Americans don't actually eat that much food, they just eat a lot of processed food which is really, really unhealthy.
Old 21-04-2007, 07:59   #108
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Spyretto, the preservatives are so that the food could last longer and therefor wouldn't need restocking. The junk that is put into food in American foodstuff is the primary reason why there is an obesity epedemic there. Most Americans don't actually eat that much food, they just eat a lot of processed food which is really, really unhealthy.
I believe the reason why obesity in America is such an epidemic can be summed up in three words.

McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's.

Americans spend WAY to much time in drive thru's and not enough time at home making good meals.

- Many Americans eat more times a day than you are supposed to, whether it's snacking or an actual meal. It's not just that eating this unhealthy food twice a day brings you to obesity.

It's not really that big of a deal anyways. If you're a fat ass - go on a diet. Don't bitch because you can't resist the temptations of a big mac.
Old 21-04-2007, 10:17   #109
allmylove.org

Send a message via ICQ to Amanda Send a message via AIM to Amanda Send a message via MSN to Amanda
I hate how most people I know say they don't have time for cooking home made meals. They do, they just don't want to be bothered with it. Figure a fatty, disgusting burger is easier and better tasting. My mom works a full time job, does a lot around the house and she still finds time to cook meals often.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Julia Volkova Team | www.JuliaVolkova.com
Old 21-04-2007, 12:11   #110
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I really don't know why home-cooked meals are supposed to be better. You can cook fatty foods at home too. Not to mention most ingredients one would use for home cooking are heavily processed as well unless you only use bip-grown products. Then on the other hand you can order a sallad and diet Coke at McDonald's. It's now where you eat - it's the kind of food you choose to it.

VT related: This might sound a bit heartless but.. as they say... nothing bad about the dead. But I can't help but noticing people are going totally overboard. Say you'll miss the person but don't hail them as a half-deity just because they're dead for god sakes. "huge insipiration to the community"... "invaluable member of the student society..." Come ON. All these students were friggin' saints or what? If I died I wouldn't want anyone to sugar-coat my death. I'd like them to say something like: "He was a good for nothing slavic slacker who never amounted to anything good. In his life he achieved nothing worthwhile. He was loved by no one and no one really looked up to him. The world will be better off without him anyway. If anyhthing his aimless life should be an inspiration for all you other people to do better." Harsh but that's how I want it done.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 21-04-2007 at 12:37.
Old 21-04-2007, 17:45   #111
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I really don't know why home-cooked meals are supposed to be better. You can cook fatty foods at home too. Not to mention most ingredients one would use for home cooking are heavily processed as well unless you only use bip-grown products. Then on the other hand you can order a sallad and diet Coke at McDonald's. It's now where you eat - it's the kind of food you choose to it.

VT related: This might sound a bit heartless but.. as they say... nothing bad about the dead. But I can't help but noticing people are going totally overboard. Say you'll miss the person but don't hail them as a half-deity just because they're dead for god sakes. "huge insipiration to the community"... "invaluable member of the student society..." Come ON. All these students were friggin' saints or what? If I died I wouldn't want anyone to sugar-coat my death. I'd like them to say something like: "He was a good for nothing slavic slacker who never amounted to anything good. In his life he achieved nothing worthwhile. He was loved by no one and no one really looked up to him. The world will be better off without him anyway. If anyhthing his aimless life should be an inspiration for all you other people to do better." Harsh but that's how I want it done.

When 33 of your closest friends and family members drop dead at the hands of some lunatic bastard - then you tell us how you feel.

- My mother does as well Amanada. I don't see how its so hard to do.
And Freddie - compared to a McDonalds caloric intake list, home cooked meals average about 500 less calories.
Old 21-04-2007, 21:36   #112

There isnt anything wrong with eating McDonnalds or whatever hell.
It all depends on the person my rule is..that if i eat something fatty
that same day and the next day i go outside and jog, or dance or do
something that burns the fat. Its not really hard to do it.
U just have to get ur lazy ass up.

Offtop:
I just love the word Bastard
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-04-2007, 08:04   #113
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
When 33 of your closest friends and family members drop dead at the hands of some lunatic bastard - then you tell us how you feel.
What's that got to do with anything? For one thing I sure wouldn't want to glorify them artificially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
] - My mother does as well Amanada. I don't see how its so hard to do.
And Freddie - compared to a McDonalds caloric intake list, home cooked meals average about 500 less calories
That's just it... how do you define a "home cooked meal". It's a very broad term. It can be either rice & veggies or a fatty steak.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 22-04-2007, 08:51   #114
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
What's that got to do with anything? For one thing I sure wouldn't want to glorify them artificially.

That's just it... how do you define a "home cooked meal". It's a very broad term. It can be either rice & veggies or a fatty steak.
Even a "fatty steak" is much more healthy than processed food.

- Amy_Lee-Rocks | There is absolutely something wrong with eating fast food. Talk to any nutritionist, you should have fast food at MAXIMUM, once to twice a month. IF that much. It's pollution for your body. It's not just fat that is bad, it's contributing to extremely bad LDL cholesterol build up, and a lack of nutriets that are replaced by non essential waste.
Old 22-04-2007, 13:29   #115
My Waking Hour

freddie, it's your choice if you want to eat healthy or not. I personally cook 90% of my food and 90% of it is non animal food.
But to suggest that a home made food is not necessarily healthier than junk food is not on. First of all when you buy your own ingredients from the market you can check what you buy, whereas at MacDonalds and co, you eat it without knowing what they put it in. Yeah, I suppose they can assure you it's all "innocent" but do you really trust those people?
If I am to make potato fries or hash browns - which is the typical unhealthy food - myself I have a choice of what kind of oil to use and how to cook them. With Macdonalds you don't have a choice and you'll be treated to that reused lard-drenched junk whether you like it or not.
I also partly disagree with what Amy_Lee_Rocks says: you can't always rely on your body's ability to dispose of the toxins all the time when you keep feeding it with toxins.

Quote:
There is absolutely something wrong with eating fast food. Talk to any nutritionist, you should have fast food at MAXIMUM, once to twice a month. IF that much. It's pollution for your body. It's not just fat that is bad, it's contributing to extremely bad LDL cholesterol build up, and a lack of nutriets that are replaced by non essential waste
I also think that junk, processed, fatty foods have something to do with alcoholism too. I'm not an expert but I talk from my personal experience. I haven't touched alcohol since last year where I've switched my diet but it wasn't done deliberately. I just couldn't stand the thing anymore. It must be some kind of chemical reaction that triggers the craving for alcohol. I think it's not random that the teenagers of the UK whose diet consists of predominantly Macdonalds develop traits for alcoholism and binge drinking very early.

ahe, maybe the mods can move the last bit of the discussion bit to the food and drinking section bit as this has hardly to do with the USA? Well, in a way it has but that's another story

Last edited by spyretto; 22-04-2007 at 13:56.
Old 30-04-2007, 08:37   #116
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Kansas City Mall Shooting Leaves Three Dead...

Well here's another shooting to add to the lists for Pro-Gun Control politicians... It's really quite sad that people still argue that gun control laws are a bad idea.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 30-04-2007, 08:55   #117
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
Kansas City Mall Shooting Leaves Three Dead...

Well here's another shooting to add to the lists for Pro-Gun Control politicians... It's really quite sad that people still argue that gun control laws are a bad idea.
Gun control laws? Are you serious?

The only thing that a gun should be controlled by is a person. And if that person makes bad judgement, then it's their fault, not the guns, and not the laws.
Old 30-04-2007, 19:54   #118
Bitchka

yeeeeeeeeeeeeap, it's in Kaaaaaaaansas this time... next time South Dakota (imagine nasty midwest accent while reading this post) ... get 'er done!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 30-04-2007, 20:08   #119
allmylove.org

Send a message via ICQ to Amanda Send a message via AIM to Amanda Send a message via MSN to Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Gun control laws? Are you serious?

The only thing that a gun should be controlled by is a person. And if that person makes bad judgement, then it's their fault, not the guns, and not the laws.
It's that persons fault to a certain extent. But people are so aggressive these days. We have to stop relying on their "good judgment" and do something about the weapons and the ability to get them. I know there's other things to kill people with, like knives, or drugs, or psychical abuse...shootings are just far more extreme and need to be tackled first.

IMO.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Julia Volkova Team | www.JuliaVolkova.com
Old 01-05-2007, 20:35   #120
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
yeeeeeeeeeeeeap, it's in Kaaaaaaaansas this time... next time South Dakota (imagine nasty midwest accent while reading this post) ... get 'er done!

LMAO.
ReplyPost New Thread