Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

Saddam Hussein executed

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-12-2006, 12:38   #1
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Saddam Hussein executed

Saddam Hussein was executed early this morning (4am CET). Source

He was an extremelly vicious man but death penalty is something I could never agree with. Not to mention this might be another excuse for the sectarian wars to pick up momentum again. I feel no pity for the man. I feel pity for the consequences and the statement his death makes about humanity.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 30-12-2006 at 14:08.
Old 30-12-2006, 12:50   #2
Redhaired poet

Hmm I was at work last night and listening to the radio and they were saying that Sadam was being transferred from someone to someone else (don't remember, it was quite busy at work), so they expected him to be executed tonight or today.. Don't really know what to say about it..
Old 30-12-2006, 13:59   #3
My Waking Hour

The Yanks finally got their biggest ally in the region -turned-sworn-enemy Saddam Hussein. Hussein would have never invaded Kuwait if his ex-buddies didn't promise him the oil rigs in return to his great services against Ayatollah Homeini in the 1980's. While turning a blind eye to all the atrocities and war crimes Hussein was commiting during his reign, the Yanks were feeding him weapons to stifle the great threat of the Ayatolahs. Surprise, surprise, the Yanks take back their promise, their interests in the region been greatly served...but Saddam's still looking for his oil!
Well, you can't have it all, can you, here come 9/11 and their chance to get back to their former ally. Bingo for Bush! But tell that to the soldiers dying in Iraq,
And the story continues...

A vicious, ruthless dictator no doubt, that didn't stop the Yanks from doing business with the devil.

Last edited by spyretto; 30-12-2006 at 14:10.
Old 30-12-2006, 14:06   #4
Lurker

Quote:
Sadam Hussein
It's Saddam...
Quote:
an extremelly vicious man
IMO, an erred statement. Nevertheless, a quite popular misconception.
Quote:
the statement his death makes about humanity
Does it's death state more than it's life ?
Quote:
Don't really know what to say about it
Be at peace, young one. Nihil novi sub sole...

PS : another play of love and treason ?!
Old 30-12-2006, 15:06   #5
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestis
It's Saddam...
Sorry. Corrected!

Quote:
IMO, an erred statement. Nevertheless, a quite popular misconception
Care to elaborate your opinion?

Quote:
Nope. I'm just saying officialized death shows you something about the state of humanity. The death penalty is the ultimate break-down of modern civilization. A relic of the violent past.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-12-2006, 15:37   #6
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Care to elaborate your opinion?
Nothing more to say, I'm afraid. History speaks for itself.
Have you already forgotten Nurnberg ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
The death penalty is the ultimate break-down of modern civilization
I think this is a matter of perspective. You seem to care more for the 'ultimate' part, whereas I do care for the innumerable small break-downs that this modern life of yours seems to carry along.
Old 30-12-2006, 16:16   #7
My Waking Hour

Quote:

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle ( who said that )
Oh just let him rot at whatever there is to rot. He thoroughly deserves it.

Though his sons were even more vicious.

As for the death penalty, I'm totally against . ( if that is the topic of this thread )
Old 30-12-2006, 16:31   #8
pie crust

I know *someone* who will celebrate tonight (btw it's not me )
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-12-2006, 19:15   #9
Lurker

Quote:
Oh just let him rot at whatever there is to rot. He thoroughly deserves it.
As always, the puppets will get their grasp of fame - even if it's negative, even if they become so-called martyrs.
As always, the puppeteers will live happily ever after.
Quote:
*someone* who will celebrate tonight
yaaay !

If you're the victim,
Am I the gun
Or the gun is me ?
Old 30-12-2006, 19:43   #10
Redhaired poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I will celebrate something tonight, but it's not gonna be this..

Quote:
Be at peace, young one. Nihil novi sub sole...
I agree with the english part, but what does the last sentence mean? :$
Old 30-12-2006, 19:45   #11
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
That's just plain wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 30-12-2006, 20:06   #12
pie crust

Quote:
That's just plain wrong.
Why? My old teacher was put in jail for being against Saddam. He was trapped in a cell with 10 other people and one bucket of water and a corpse. Yeah, stupid man being happy

I do think he would prefer if Saddam just got to rot in a cell for the rest of his life, apparently many arabs agree with that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 30-12-2006, 21:23   #13
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Why? My old teacher was put in jail for being against Saddam. He was trapped in a cell with 10 other people and one bucket of water and a corpse. Yeah, stupid man being happy
Do you think suddenly corrects everything he did wrong? It does nothing but provide ammo for Saddam's followers.

Quote:
I do think he would prefer if Saddam just got to rot in a cell for the rest of his life, apparently many arabs agree with that.
That would be the right punishment. I don't think death is even a punishment for Saddam, it is a punishment for his family & followers. Not exactly fair. He gets like 1 minute of suffering, where as if he was put it jail for the rest of his life he would have suffered for years. Violence never solves anything.

What a way to kick start another year - more glorious violence!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 30-12-2006, 21:33   #14
pie crust

Quote:
Do you think suddenly corrects everything he did wrong? It does nothing but provide ammo for Saddam's followers.
Right, but what does this have to do with my teacher's situation? He celebrated when they captured Saddam and he's probably celebrating now. That's all I said. I can't even imagine what he must have gone through in that prison.

Quote:
That would be the right punishment. I don't think death is even a punishment for Saddam, it is a punishment for his family & followers. Not exactly fair. He gets like 1 minute of suffering, where as if he was put it jail for the rest of his life he would have suffered for years. Violence never solves anything.
I am against the death penalty myself, I'd rather see him (like I said) rot in a cell for the rest of his life.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 30-12-2006, 22:09   #15
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Right, but what does this have to do with my teacher's situation? He celebrated when they captured Saddam and he's probably celebrating now.
But how does that fix anything? It doesn't. I don't see how it does anything at all.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-12-2006, 22:18   #16
pie crust

Quote:
But how does that fix anything? It doesn't. I don't see how it does anything at all.
For him personally, it probably does. I mean, the man who made him suffer has gotten his punishment (that I don't agree with personally). As I said, I think he would rather like it if Saddam wasn't killed. And if I'm correct he got the death penalty for only one crime he comitted, that's also not right. But still it lead to somewhere.

And I really can't see why...
Quote:
That's just plain wrong.
Why? Maybe it's wrong for you but not necessarily for the people who actually suffered. Maybe some people are glad something finally happened to Saddam. I didn't mean to drag my teacher into this whole thing and I donno what he thinks about it, but I do think he is relieved. now Saddam won't cause any more trouble.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 30-12-2006, 22:31   #17
Ice_Cream

Quote:
...now Saddam won't cause any more trouble.
But that's just the point, what trouble could he have ever caused in jail? Surely by sentencing him to death it causes more trouble? I think we are gonna see a lot of violence in the coming few weeks. More innocent people will die. I see no justice in that.

Death penalty is a complete disgrace and I'm disgusted with the way Tony Blair has been over this.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 31-12-2006, 01:13   #18
**?!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
I think we are gonna see a lot of violence in the coming few weeks. More innocent people will die. I see no justice in that.
Yeah,that's right!
It wasnt a good decision at all.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We're all mad in our own way.
Old 31-12-2006, 01:45   #19
Primetime Anchor

I believe some people kill in the name of Lord and some in the name of Law and Justice. Where is the difference? The best thing for him was to put him in a psycological athmosphere where he would realise the scale of his crime. Let's say, put him in a protected contact with his victims.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 31-12-2006, 02:25   #20
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Vengeance is the fuel driving humanity forward. Sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
The best thing for him was to put him in a psycological athmosphere where he would realise the scale of his crime. Let's say, put him in a protected contact with his victims.
He wouldn't care in the slightest. He didn't show one bit of remorse for his crime while on trial. He's sure he did the things he did for security. Thousands of victims left behind? Just a price of doing business...
~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread