Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Your beliefs

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 12:17   #1
I love Yulia.

Your beliefs

hello, I just wanted to know what you (the forum folk) believe in? Is it God or religion, no god, or goddess, spirit ..or something else? What ever the case I hope its about tolerance and love in the end. This post is byb no means to bash ones beliefs, I am just curious of what everyone believes in. Thank you *kisses*
Old 07-04-2003, 13:53   #2
Участник

I believe in love.
Old 07-04-2003, 17:00   #3
Участник

Me?

I belive in god.
Old 07-04-2003, 18:34   #4
Новенький

I try as hard as i can to belive in god, but the more educated you become the more the facts are exposed, and the harder it becomes.

I try to be as open-minded as i can towards other religions, but it is hard to when they feel that their god justifies killing millions of people.

I have noticed that the most devout christians, seem to be the most ignorant people around, there are some very intelligant, very religious people around, but they dont seem to apply what they know to their religion.

Dont they think to apply their knowledge, or dont they want to? are they scared, I am, But i feel that as long as i try as hard as i can to belive in god, and since i have never done anything to harm anyone, i can remain on his good side.

To sum up, I dont go out of my way to belive or not believe, i dont go to church, and i dont go around doing stupid vandelous things, or hurting people, i look at the facts and go from there.
Old 07-04-2003, 18:42   #5
Участник

icantdraw

How do your apply what you know to you religion? Example or please explain what you meant.
Old 07-04-2003, 18:45   #6
pie crust

I believe in myself!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 07-04-2003, 19:48   #7
Shlapa sdelana ot masa.

icantdraw, wow I am very much like you. I always grew up believing and for me to just stop would be...weird. It is a part of who I am, helped develop me. In some ways the influences of religious "code" has been detrimental to who I am, but for the most part, the things I retained from my faith have only made me a better person, and I feel that is what is most important. I also struggle however, with the knowledge I have gained, the more intelligent I become, faith becomes a harder thing to hold on to.

I also apply many things to my own beliefs. I was having a huge discussion about this recently with a friend...For example, I believe in creation and evolution, they really aren't that hard to mix. I never understood why poepl had to have it one way or the other. I also struggle with crazy theories that screw with my mind, like after watching Mission to Mars, AI, Matrix, etc. hehe. I don't believe any of that, but it makes you think. I also have a theory on homosexuals and God, but that is horribly long and drawn out.

I don't know if I am rationalizing my beliefs, but either way, it makes me happy and I have a faith. I do not judge others for what they believe. I truly think that you must believe in whatever makes you live without fear, to live happily, loving, accepting, etc. If the religion you are in now if not giving you these things...it may not be what is best for you. I just hope that if there is one TRUTH out there, that whatever I am doing is good enough, lol. That I made the right choices. And I think, if I never try to hurt anyone, and I love...this cannot be a bad thing.
Old 07-04-2003, 19:50   #8
Новенький

Cosmology, Anthropology, Physics, Biology, Evolutionary Science, You name it.

Pretty much any branch of science will prove a lot of religions wrong. For example I dont know of a single religion that belives in evolution, which i admit, is NOT foolproof, but its the closest thing we have.

Now i am a little bias on this subject as i am only familiar with the Bilble, and yes, many stories in the bible can be related to science if you try hard enough. (7 days may be 7 million years etc)

But think of this, the human belief in a "higher being" just make humans feel better about the world they live in, its an escape from all of the terrors of the world, anything that goes wrong they can blame on their "god" which always give a justification for disasters, "god must have had a reason" it gives us a sence of security, and the guarantee of a better life when we die ("heaven" or reincarnation) and prevents us from doing bad deeds or else we may be punished by god.

Id say more but i have to go to class now, prove me wrong if you can, i would much rather be wrong than right
Old 07-04-2003, 21:50   #9
Участник

some......

Of my friends made their own relgion. They belive in the jelly bean! They saw budah's big belly and created their own, twisted but funny, religion.
Old 07-04-2003, 21:56   #10
Новенький

Technically thats a cult.... but i wont get into that
Old 08-04-2003, 00:42   #11
The Dream is Over, :~(

I don't believe in anything.
And it isn't because I find certain things contradicting to a said belief or that I have lost faith or anything.

I simply don't care. Never have, never will.

Old 08-04-2003, 01:40   #12
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
I don't believe in anything.
And it isn't because I find certain things contradicting to a said belief or that I have lost faith or anything.

I simply don't care. Never have, never will.

I am the same way
Old 08-04-2003, 01:58   #13

I am kind of like that. I usually just accept things as they are.

However, I do believe in a greater being, a diety.. aka God

It's important to me to have faith in something..
Old 08-04-2003, 04:48   #14
Участник

What

How is beliving in the Jelly Bean a cult?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:15   #15
I love Yulia.

i believe in love also and i too love the movie 'fucking amal'

ok ok I started this subject so I guess I should put my opinion down as well, I believe in love too, love means tolerance for all human beings or just the simple things . I also think that there is God, I believe in God and I believe that God is about Love. Religions..all of them I do not understand, But I tolerate and try to read about them to become more intellectual. but I do not go to a church or a temple . I think that God knows that I am who I am and that I dont need to go to some place to talk to [God] I just am me, and hopefully God loves me for me. Thank you to everyone who has expressed their opinion kisses
Old 08-04-2003, 14:44   #16
Новенький

Re: What

Quote:
Originally posted by bgirlnikki
How is beliving in the Jelly Bean a cult?
A cult is defined as a new or different belief, one whose teachings and practices are very much different from the dominant beliefs in a society. All religions begin as cults.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:59   #17
The Chosen ONe

I also keep opened minded on other religions but as for me, I believe in god. (Lena Katina made me realize 'angels' exist..)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:05   #18
Участник

KooReeT

Cheesy, heh heh, cute but Cheesy
Old 10-04-2003, 20:05   #19
Участник

Okay... so now Moulin Rouge is going through my head...
I believe in beauty, truth and above all things... I believe in love!
Well... it goes something like that anyway... I can't remember it word for word, but I like it !
Old 10-04-2003, 20:25   #20
Новенький

Well i belive in God but i don't practice my faith. because if i did i could not listen to tatu or hang around the people i do or even have the fun i want to. i just dont see why God would let me like the thing that i do and want me to be a "church going person" but i know he gives us a free will to do what we want in thats what im doing
ReplyPost New Thread