Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

Serebro

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-05-2007, 23:00   #21
My Waking Hour

They got THIRTEEN versions of the same song?
They're one hit wonders x 13
Old 19-05-2007, 05:45   #22
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by la aurora View Post
Talyubittu,
iLena never said Serbian singer was a horny dyke. She said there was an accident and explained what happened exactly. I'm far from being homophobic.. very far actually but I must admit I wouldn't feel easy if someone did this to me. Marija is a nice singer and most likely a nice person but she does have that agressive butchiness in her and for girly girl it may seem being 'too much'. Political correctness was never Lena's strongest side, she grew up far from this big proper city and got used to openly expressing her feelings. But I've never really heard/seen her being rude for the sake of being rude, cool or scandalous.
I love Serebro, but I highly doubt it all happened the way she suggests it did. She comes from one of the most anti-gay countries in the entire world as far as their government is concered. I have nothing wrong with her expressing her feelings, but for that reporter to go on and on and for her to reply makes it look like Eurovision was nothing but a meat market for the Serbian woman.
Old 19-05-2007, 08:43   #23
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I love Serebro, but I highly doubt it all happened the way she suggests it did. She comes from one of the most anti-gay countries in the entire world as far as their government is concered. I have nothing wrong with her expressing her feelings, but for that reporter to go on and on and for her to reply makes it look like Eurovision was nothing but a meat market for the Serbian woman.
I come from this wierd anti-gay country as well Things are never as simple as they seem when you talk about 140 mln people together. We are a complicated mixture of cultures, religions, mentalities. We have our specific relationship with authorities, half of them we vote for the sake of fun without really trusting them to make our lives better. Our show-business if pretty interesting too. There's no gay taboo. I mean c'mon, our biggest stars of the begining of 21st century are Tatu and Zemfira (who's a lesbian icon in many ways). Nochniye Snaipery, Gosti iz Buduschego had impressive gay starts, 'Golubaya Luna' by Moiseev&Tribach was a major hit here that everyone still remembers, Kirkorov recordered a duet love-song with Sakis Rouvas. Audience loves that.

We don't really treat gays in the way civilized world does though. We are not too educated as society when it comes to this. For majority gays are fictional characters just like Mitrofanov for example (he's not a politician, he's has same value that some gay artists do, he's here to entertain). We don't really hate them, we just don't believe in them. And we don't see them in ourselves while often being more physically open than people on the West. I mean our commie leaders used to greet each other with kisses on the lips Or look at Lena herself. You've seen that Green Room picture already, I guess and it's not the first time she's seen in situations with girls outsider would consider 'interesting', she just doesn't know it's a 'gay thing', for many of us it's pretty 'normal'.

This was a morning show on popular music radio. There were three hosts in their far from serious morning mood. It was all about gossip. In the same interview hosts were asking about a visit to american shaman and suggested that white sticky liquid they found in the dressing room was just demonstration of love from some fans. Lena is attractive young lady and the host asking about this situation was a straight male. I mean, being one, you don't often skip the opportunity to get juicy details on strories like this Marija being in show-business and being gay is nothing worth serious concern for us, it's part of entertainment.

P.S. I hope no one takes written above as offense. I was talking about things I see around me. It's a popular attitude here that I personally don't fully share.
Old 19-05-2007, 10:12   #24
Call Me Stefan!

Ooooh, I can't wait for the album... I've read on www.elenatemnikova.com/site/serebro.htm, that they're going to release one song first, and after comes the album!

I really would like to hear Olya sing (as well as Marina), and to see her laughing. lol
Old 19-05-2007, 12:44   #25
ex-sunnich

News:
22 May 14.00 Moscow time Serebro girls will be having about 1 hour long online interview on one of the main mail & search sites here. They will be answering questions people send.
To submit a question you need an account there. You can either register on your own or use the public one I made for ones getting lost with such things:
login: questiontoserebro
pass: tatysite

Serebro on 'Let them talk' show (russian)
Lots of people talking bullshit as usual but girls look great I keep getting amazed how Mitrofanov always finds his ways to cheer for someone young and female. He's like the main Tatu fan of the country and now he's the the loudest supporter of Serebro girls. No wonder he doesn't have enough time to be a proper politician that actually try to solve problems of the country

Hightlights of the show:
- Fadeev watched the performance from toilet as it was the closest screen he could find
- By now they recieved over 7000 mails, some of those had serious offers from recording lables of UK, Greece, France and Italy. Fadeev is surprised as he didn't count on that but now he thinks they probably will give it a try and may be it works out fine for them there.

That's pretty much all actually. Rest was the usuall blah blah blah about the contest and how much we rock and that 3rd place for such a new band is a victory and that girls are hot.

Oh and in case someone wonders what happened at that 'horny hehehe from the audience' moment, it was the host asking girls how the first time in front of such big audience felt and would they compare it with a parachutte jump or first diving experience and Lena saying she does have some comparision but she feels shy about sharing it.

Last edited by la aurora; 19-05-2007 at 16:06.
Old 19-05-2007, 13:37   #26
ex-sunnich

crazy malchik
this is for you personally

Na Polchasa
Leto nachalos gde-to
Parohod

That's for your 'can other girls sing?' question. You can decide yourself. This is Marina singing.

Lena:
Mama Mia
Begi

Last edited by la aurora; 01-06-2007 at 14:26.
Old 19-05-2007, 15:50   #27
Call Me Stefan!

OMG, OMG, OMG, I'm so happy. la aurora, you're my angel!

Offtop:
I'm so ashamed... You did so many things for me, and I did nothing for you...
Old 19-05-2007, 19:02   #28
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
crazy malchik
this is for you personally

Na Polchasa
Leto nachalos gde-to
Parohod

That's for your 'can other girls sing?' question. You can decide yourself. This is Marina singing.

Lena:
Mama Mia
Begi
ohh! Monokini has a good song called Begi too!

= Thanks for the information above as well, it's nice to hear about how it's like in your country personally from someone who's actually FROM there, rather than just reading up on it.

I can't wait for their album! Maybe they'll visit Eurovision again in the near future?
Old 19-05-2007, 19:07   #29
no....

Send a message via AIM to thegurgi Send a message via MSN to thegurgi
Quote:
Begi
is this the song "dalshe vseh" from fabrika zvezd 2 or a different one? i know it's sometimes referred to as begi as well... i don't want to waste my bandwidth on a song i already have
Old 19-05-2007, 19:13   #30
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
is this the song "dalshe vseh" from fabrika zvezd 2 or a different one? i know it's sometimes referred to as begi as well... i don't want to waste my bandwidth on a song i already have
It's the same.
Old 19-05-2007, 19:14   #31
Call Me Stefan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Maybe they'll visit Eurovision again in the near future?
I'm bad at Russian, but I think the girls said that they don't want to appear on ESC anymore. Wait... I'll quote it, maybe I'm not right!

Edit:

Quote:
УШ. Ну, если было бы 1-ое место, вернулись бы. Но это еще впереди. Или 2 раза не выпускают на Евровидение?

СЕР. - Нет, ну это как-то глупо. Вот Дима Билан в этом году очень хотел поехать. Хотел, хотел и перехотел.

УШ. - А почему не поехал?

СЕР. - Ну, это глупо мне кажется.
What about are they talking about? I think they're talking about... Hm, this guy is asking them would they appear on ESC 2 times, and they say no, because it's stupid. And also they say that Dima Bilan also wanted to go this year, I believe. He wanted, wanted and over wanted... And the guys asks them why didn't he go, and one of the girls, I believe it's Lena answers "It's stupid for me to say".

Were I right? Lolz!

Last edited by crazy malchik; 19-05-2007 at 19:42.
Old 19-05-2007, 19:44   #32
no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
It's the same.
thanks for the info, saved me a whole ... what? 3mb, haha... it's a good song though i think the vocals in the chorus can be a bit... i dunno, pitchy? haha. But the synth is rocking... it makes me wonder what the furthur sound of Serebro will be.
Old 19-05-2007, 22:14   #33
ex-sunnich

lol Greg, I remember seeing Lena training this chorus with one of the 'teachers', was quite a hysterical moment actually as she convinced herself she couldn't hit 'iiiiii' together with 'beg'. Looked like 'a shrink and his patient' scene with some even higher pitch desperation sounds lol The sound in this one is quite typical for Fadeev but I have really no idea what he goes for when it comes to this project.

crazy malchik,
last line is 'Well it's stupid, I think'
Mmm.. *tries to remember what they said about it before* I guess their idea is that doing it 2 years in a row is stupid But if things go well for them they may consider going again somewhere later in the future to have some fun and win the thing.
Doubt this will happen, really.
Old 19-05-2007, 22:47   #34
Martian Eyes

Quote:
The sound in this one is quite typical for Fadeev but I have really no idea what he goes for when it comes to this project.
If I compare the various projects of Fadeev, I have difficulties to find the typical Fadeev-sound. It looks as if he understands to find the sound, which suits best for his artist.

In the case of Serebro I would say,Temnikova is the 'character' of the project. I have never understood, why he needs that blondie (thanks for the links to her songs as proof for her very average talent) and this failed governess, who quite unsuccessfully try to catch up with Lena. If she is not good enough on her own, these two additions don't look as a big gain.

Well, I am curious too, which sound he got for her (and the appendices ).
Old 20-05-2007, 02:52   #35
no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
very average talent
quite average, but i quite like "na polchasa"... val, do you know who wrote it? (to me, the lyrics are very cute... hahaha, i understand most of it... which is sweet)

And yes, it's hard to find a similarity between Linda and Glukoza, or Savicheva and Monokini or Total... he's an amazing producer and song writer (a... по моему..haha) so i'm really looking forward to this new project
Old 20-05-2007, 03:21   #36
iMod

Quote:
here's the proper list with links to all songs
It's a great idea to make so many versions, they should do that for all their songs, lol. I didn't like the ESC version but i do like the Yellow version, sounds like Cascada, it would surely work well in North/Central/Western Europe, i also like the White one and the Vinous one. The Grey Timbaland-like one is probably not the right direction for them, haha, i don't think that Russian girls can convincingly play hip-hop bitches.

They have good potential, with a good album, the right choice of "color version", hot videos and proper promotion, they could be the Russian girlband that replaces Tatu in European charts.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 20-05-2007, 12:06   #37
Call Me Stefan!

Quote:
why he needs that blondie (thanks for the links to her songs as proof for her very average talent)
Funny. I also think that Yulia from Tatu has average talent. She's nothing special. Of course, she is for us, but I mean... she has that rough voice, it's not so rough but... You know. But cuz we love Tatu, we don't pay attention. I acctually love Yulia's voice, but live. Marina is like you've said average singer, but in my opinion, Yulia's not better than her.
Old 20-05-2007, 16:39   #38
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
Funny. I also think that Yulia from Tatu has average talent. She's nothing special.... Marina is like you've said average singer, but in my opinion, Yulia's not better than her.
Actually I'm not talking about singing skills. The best music I've ever heard, was sung by people, who are not really good singers. It's the way they are present, they express themselves, how they make you feel the song, and if I hear Marina, it's simply flat. Yulya has a weak singing technique, but she gives every song 'character', even those, which she doesn't like. That's the difference between artistical talent and 'plain cooking'.
Old 21-05-2007, 00:02   #39
ex-sunnich

Argos,
mmm let me try to define what 'Fadeev-style' is.
I'd say he's not really much of composer, first of all. You don't really see him writing complicated rememberable melodies with key-change. He usually goes for something quite simple and does his magic with arrangement and presentation. Even his pop catchy songs are based mostly on juicy beats and repetition rather than on melody. This was the case with his famous Jagga-jagga and it actually true for Song 1 too.
His style is pretty moody, mysterious and somewhat cold. He delivers quality material that puts you into some mood and his songs are easier to understand with your brain than with your heart. Hard to explain really but I hope you get what I mean.
His songs almost always have some beat going on, often quite dark and melancholic. He also doesn't mind mixing in a bit of oriental influence in music and image of the artist. That was the case with his Linda, Total or his own stuff. Something like Sky-Blue version of Song 1.
He doesn't really go for good vocalists in classic sense. Most of his songs have quite a calm almost melody-free versus and simple melody in the chorus, often quite screamed rather than sang (not tatu-like, softer usually).
Of course it's not the same for all his artists. He's a smart producer after all, almost mathematically smart. He knows all about music formats and how to deliever what audience will buy. He doesn't like cheap scandals our stars love so much. His weapon is 'hooks'. He's a master of those.
Well, probably it will be easier to get with proper example. I mean, who can be more 'Fadeev-ish' that Fadeev writing for himself
YouTube: Maxim Fadeev - Leti za mnoy or mp3
love the song btw ^.^

When it comes to 'appendices', I really wouldn't be so harsh
First of all those 3 songs I posted were all I could find on Marina but they were never meant to be original. It was a soundtrack to a soap opera about young girl from province that comes to conquire the world of show-business. Those songs were written specially for the show, not for the band Formula Marina was in and she couldn't be really special even if she wanted. There was a number of singers doing tracks for tha main character and they had to sound similar enough, meaning 'average'.
Fadeev doesn't really look for artists. He makes them of people matching him on personal level, being close enough to his personal waves, so he can work with them.
Temnikova was pretty bright from the beginning but not in the right way. She was jumping from reserved self-hating state to super hyper and loud one. Fadeev always saw great potential in her and sympathized her on personal level but she was getting heavy bashing on every commision they had. He did a lot of work trying to turn an absolutely childish and uncontrolable village girl into a classy urban young lady. Result really shows even if she loses it still from time to time lol I bet these 2 girls are coming through something like that as well now. Temnikova had an early start when it comes to this and she has enough experience to be in the center of attention while other 2 don't. It's still pretty much 'work in the progress' as they had to go on air almost a year earlier than planned.
Yes of course Lena could go solo but who needs just another solo female singer, we have loads of such here. Max wants a product that sells. It seems the idea was 3 anime-looking girls in modest cover but with a lot of sex inside working on professional level that's rare here. Max still experiemnts a lot with them and I'm curious what comes out in the end. Temnikova looks, behaves and sings differently now. I bet other 2 girls will too with time and their role will become more important. I believe Lena will remain the leader tho as it's just hard to over-shine her and the project was made for her in the first place but I believe it'll get less obvious.

Greg,
I really doubt names will be any familar for you. Soundtrack for this show was composed by Skripkin. There's a list of authors for all songs on the site but it seems down at the moment Anyway, I don't remember seeing any name I knew there.

Last edited by la aurora; 21-05-2007 at 00:53.
Old 21-05-2007, 01:37   #40
no....

Quote:
was composed by Skripkin. There
thanks, while the website didn't work it was enough info for me to find the lyrics and see how correct or wrong i was... and i was surprisingly rather on with this song (the lyrics are rather staccatto, so they're easier for me to understand i guess). but thanks again, it's such a simple song but i really like it haha.
ReplyPost New Thread